Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-01-2014, 04:04 PM   #391
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Hey, this is doing it wrong!

No, this is doing it wrong!

You guys are fucking stupid, THIS is doing it wrong!

That's not doing it wrong!

Wait, so is this guy doing it wrong?

Hmm, it's kind of like car style is subjective or something...
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2014, 04:05 PM   #392
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiveno View Post
I agree with many of the things you say but you are also saying that a car needs good "fitment" to look good. not everybody is into stance, and to say that somebody's car looks bad because they actually want a drive able car is just dumb. You are saying this thread is about "style" but you are assuming that style is stance. Style is subjective
Sorry, I shouldn't have used the word "fitment". I agree, a car definitely does not need to be in the "stance" realm to look good, just none of this wheels sticking out 30mm bullshit that is taking hold.

Like really? All that budget and you couldn't do something about this poke? The fuck its like they didn't even try or almost made it this ugly on purpose.

Normal "fitment" is totally cool, doesn't need to be crazy "Stancebro" at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigs View Post
HEY! Zilvia is a place for arguing!
Old 10-01-2014, 04:24 PM   #393
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEZxIT View Post
it's simple:

the boasting and misguided mods are what cross the line from struggling to maintain a vehicle to doing it wrong.

some people fall on hard times or have hardships that we do not know of. that is not the enemy. the enemy is the one being a retard, looking for efame by eating three thousand cheeseburgers and drilling holes/welding together their own hood because zero fucks bro pass the ketchup.

don't take a handful of hoonigan glitter to a turd and expect anyone to not call you out when you're boasting about it.
This is how I see it. The boasting is what really ruins it for me, honestly. Our local 240 scene turned to shit because of a buncha idiot kids moved in and snatched up what were clean cars and proceeded to put them into curbs at major intersections in town, plow into ditches, run into fire hydrants, and then continue to drive said car.

Or they bought a straight chassis and immediately hacked it up with trailer fender wheel tubs and a poorly thought out tube front and a roll cage that wouldn't pass tech anywhere.

Take your pick.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:27 PM   #394
derek king
Nissanaholic!

derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
def want that blue s15. SO WRONG
Old 10-01-2014, 04:40 PM   #395
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigs View Post

Hmm, it's kind of like car style is subjective or something...
It certainly would make it easier on everyone to just call this thread Embarrassing Garbage Cars.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #396
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
^ Not a 240. Therefore it doesn't belong in this thread.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:44 PM   #397
ComicArtist
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ComicArtist is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek king View Post
Holy shit that car is so rad. Someones on zilvia? What body kit is that? I looked up "trust" and couldn't find any body kits for 240s.
It looks like a duraflex kit off andysautosports. The BCL wing is cool, but I'd like it better if it was on some legit wheels like Diamond Racing instead of those Mustang knockoffs
ComicArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:37 AM   #398
derek king
Nissanaholic!

derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicArtist View Post
It looks like a duraflex kit off andysautosports. The BCL wing is cool, but I'd like it better if it was on some legit wheels like Diamond Racing instead of those Mustang knockoffs
Ahh are those the Mustang Bullitt wheels? Might order
Old 10-02-2014, 01:14 AM   #399
ex-SOLDIER

ex-SOLDIER is an unknown quantity at this point
fd guys are making thier cars look they way they do because threads like this are created. Reverse trololololing
ex-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:27 AM   #400
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
aaaaaand thread's dead again.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:11 AM   #401
HORShi
Zilvia Member

HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
aaaaaand thread's dead again.
bullshit...lol This thread is full of life.

I have a strange feeling that the 300zx will be the new "Go to Drifter" in the upcoming years.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:11 AM   #402
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORShi View Post
I have a strange feeling that the 300zx will be the new "Go to Drifter" in the upcoming years.
Only plus side to all these beaters popping up is driving the drift tax back down. Kids will be pissed once they realize they turned a $7000 car into a $3000 car. Anyone who knows how to do some basic bodywork can get some super deals. The last s13 I looked at I was more concerned about how complete and tight the interior was.

How does this even happen? (from fb)

Last edited by LockOn!; 10-02-2014 at 11:03 AM..
LockOn! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:40 AM   #403
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
corkscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
From the Tampa 240sx owners page

corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:35 AM   #404
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
Agree and disagree??? I'm under the impression this thread is purely about STYLE, not driver skill, what they are doing with their car, just if it looks good or not.

In terms of FD, sure, that car doesn't look like a total train-wreck and its great that he fixes it every time. But purely in terms of style as in this thread, that sky jacked front end means wrong. Again, not discounting the car, just saying its not "pretty" in the traditional sense.

I guess this is the point where a distinction needs to be made.

imo Formula D =/= Drifting.

Its an entirely different school of thought. Competition, chasing power, huge sponsors. All of these things have morphed "drifting" stateside into what we see now. This huge style discrepancy comes from people learning about drifting from fucking Spike TV rather then Doriten or Option rips uploaded to youtube. Just two completely different things all together. Newcomers have no frame for reference for style other than instagram and what they see at the track. The one thing that pisses me off the most is seeing kids at the track who do like 2 events blow their KA then swap in a JZ and ridiculous knuckle set ups without even getting the basics down.

Can it be 2010 again? Ugh maybe I'm just getting old and monsterhooniganaintcaresweggit is really what its all about. Fuck.

HORShi gets it. +1
YES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiveno View Post
I agree with many of the things you say but you are also saying that a car needs good "fitment" to look good. not everybody is into stance, and to say that somebody's car looks bad because they actually want a drive able car is just dumb. You are saying this thread is about "style" but you are assuming that style is stance. Style is subjective
NO.

Good fitment:

or
Good fitment:

Bad fitment:

Bad fitment:
Old 10-02-2014, 10:54 AM   #405
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Only plus side to all these beaters popping up is driving the drift tax back down. Kids will be pissed once they realize they turned a $7000 car into a $3000 car. Anyone who knows how to do some basic bodywork can get some super deals. The last s13 I looked at I was more concerned about how complete and tight the interior was.

How does this even happen?
Yes sir, I have been saying a slowly, but noticeable rise of Z32 "missiles" lately. I truly hope the Z-chassis don't suffer the same fate (which it shouldn't since it's more expensive) but idk man.

and in regards to your pic...lol damn. I wish I can help you or point you to somebody. I'm in the process of deciding to rebuild my KA tranny for my KA-T since the previous owner of my S14 was "powershifting" while dailying it before I bought it
Old 10-02-2014, 11:03 AM   #406
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
and in regards to your pic...lol damn. I wish I can help you or point you to somebody.
Lol fuck no this isn't mine, just another pic from local FB classifieds.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:14 AM   #407
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
YES

Bad fitment:

Bad fitment:
^^^This just looks so damn tacky...I completely understand of trying to be functional and it's a professional drift(race) car, but man...I would put Vaughn Gittin's S13 over this. EVEN his older Falken Mustang with the Chrome rims was no where near this bad.

I believe this is the inspiration for today's Formula D...

Except the thing is...on a real life scale, it looks damn horrendous.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:16 AM   #408
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Lol fuck no this isn't mine, just another pic from local FB classifieds.
lmao, hahaha, I was about say man. I was getting ready to pull out the Yellowpages and start pulling numbers for you for real lol oh man, just got to love the things people do to their cars.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:32 AM   #409
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Except the thing is...on a real life scale, it looks damn horrendous.
Funny I was just thinking how much many of these drift cars look like hot wheels cars too.

The thing about drifting is it's supposed to be all about style. It's not about who gets the farthest or who has the best time like a conventional motorsport. It's about style. Given that, how the cars are presented should be an important part of the judging and appeal of the motorsport itself. If the car gets more angle and makes more tire smoke because the ride height is wonk and the wheels poke out that's great, but it doesn't negate the fact that it still looks stupid doing so. If we ditch style in favor of sponsorships and more "hooning", what really is the point of it all? Just go out there and do donuts in a new camaro if the purpose now is solely to rile up rednecks.

silviaks2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:21 PM   #410
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ Good Lorde why is that so hard to get. Right on..

Old 10-02-2014, 12:34 PM   #411
@(O_o)@
Leaky Injector

@(O_o)@ is a glorious beacon of light@(O_o)@ is a glorious beacon of light@(O_o)@ is a glorious beacon of light@(O_o)@ is a glorious beacon of light@(O_o)@ is a glorious beacon of light@(O_o)@ is a glorious beacon of light@(O_o)@ is a glorious beacon of light@(O_o)@ is a glorious beacon of light@(O_o)@ is a glorious beacon of light@(O_o)@ is a glorious beacon of light@(O_o)@ is a glorious beacon of light
Formula D in a couple of years.

@(O_o)@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 01:40 PM   #412
derek king
Nissanaholic!

Just lol'd IRL
Old 10-02-2014, 01:51 PM   #413
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek king View Post
Just lol'd IRL
me too..........lol
Old 10-02-2014, 02:31 PM   #414
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough
Old 10-02-2014, 03:45 PM   #415
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
The thing about drifting is it's supposed to be all about style. It's not about who gets the farthest or who has the best time like a conventional motorsport. It's about style. Given that, how the cars are presented should be an important part of the judging and appeal of the motorsport itself. If the car gets more angle and makes more tire smoke because the ride height is wonk and the wheels poke out that's great, but it doesn't negate the fact that it still looks stupid doing so. If we ditch style in favor of sponsorships and more "hooning", what really is the point of it all? Just go out there and do donuts in a new camaro if the purpose now is solely to rile up rednecks.

+1.
People want to talk about how these v8's and bogus fitment/ride heights will make drifting easier. But when those dudes are called out it's, "oh well they have a lot of driving skill."
Shouldn't a really low car with Wheel Fitment Thread type specs be more difficult to drift, thus requiring a more skilled driver to compensate?
Old 10-02-2014, 05:49 PM   #416
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews

I'll just leave this here, and come back in a few...

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:54 PM   #417
cdvr-s13
Leaky Injector

cdvr-s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post

I'll just leave this here, and come back in a few...
oh lawd

why even bother taking that pile of shit to a car wash? not worth the $3 imo.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:55 PM   #418
harris180
Zilvia Member

harris180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
+1.
People want to talk about how these v8's and bogus fitment/ride heights will make drifting easier. But when those dudes are called out it's, "oh well they have a lot of driving skill."
Shouldn't a really low car with Wheel Fitment Thread type specs be more difficult to drift, thus requiring a more skilled driver to compensate?
But if the point of drifting is faster, more smoke and more angle, then modifying the car to be able to do that the best means that they will win the competition, which will give more sponsor exposure, which will mean more money in drifting, which means more events for the average joe, which means drifting continues to grow as a sport.

Personally I think its funny that people seem to complain about Formula D and how its taken away from the 'grassroots' of drifting, but then when people get together and drive their car the way they want to drive it, the way they want it to look, without all the corporate shit, which is what grassroots is all about, then people complain that the cars look like shit and the 'fitment' isnt just right, or the paint is shit, or the panels are ziptied on..

We can't have it both ways boys, it has to be one or the other..
harris180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:36 PM   #419
QX8C

QX8C is an unknown quantity at this point
loling at these Craiglist cars
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00a0a_5Ua2WDDmMOj_600x450.jpg (54.9 KB, 119 views)
QX8C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:40 PM   #420
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harris180 View Post
But if the point of drifting is faster, more smoke and more angle
stopped reading after that. i think this entire discussion kind of went in one hear, out the other for you.

edit; finished reading, and it can be both ways. final bout was beautiful. the driving was beautiful. the cars were beautiful. the whole thing was great.
and no one complained about shit.