Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
luftrofl
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
luftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA '89 KA24E runs fine but cuts out randomly

I just picked up a new 240 and I have some problems.

My engine runs very smoothly but randomly cuts out. When it does cut out, it doesn't hesitate or act any differently from how it does normally- it just dies like I turned off the car. Sometimes it can idle for a minute then die or sometimes it can last longer than 5 minutes. Whenever it stops, you have to wait ~10 minutes or so to start it again.

The previous owner said that the issue is fuel pump related but I changed that and the problem continues.

FWIW: I drove fine with no problems until there was less than half of the tank of gas.

Can anyone shed some light on the subject?

Thanks in advance!