Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:16 AM   #421
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
What roof wang is that? Thing is cool.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:27 AM   #422
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What roof wang is that? Thing is cool.
its an OEM unit 93 Mazda OEM roof wing, SHineauto makes a rep though. I love shine.
Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:09 AM   #423
240s3x
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
240s3x is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
super build!
Old 05-07-2014, 09:45 AM   #424
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

SMall Update:

Well photobucket is kind of pissing me off. So apparently you can't search your own photos and my videos have all but disappeared. I've uploaded my re-wire test video twice and the first upload was over 5 days ago, the second was 2 days ago. ...and they're no where to be found. Annoying. Anyways... I had saved some extra funds on the side for a trailer to haul the car around but I pretty much blew all that yesterday. Found some used Weds Bazeria in perfect sizes and offsets for my car. I really don't want to run tons of spacers all over the place because it's just not safe. It can be done to a safer degree...but the more threads on the studs the better imo. Also puts less stress on the bearing. I've been talking to the seller for a couple weeks and finally we settled on a good deal including two rear tires with about 60/70% life on them. Specs: Weds Bazeria: 18x9.5 -11 & 18x11 -4, Brushed faces and polished lips. There are some nicks here and there but overall they're in excellent condition. I'll prob hit them with a good cleaning and polish today. Suicide run after work...left at 3:30pm got to vegas by 7:45 and got home at 12:15 because I had to refuel the prius and grind on some chipotle. Not a bad run lol. Almost beat my San Francisco run a couple years ago...left at 7 am and got home at 5 pm. But yesterday was more...because I worked a full day at my full time job. Gotta LOVE getting giant tasks done in one day. The more the better IMO. Anyways, Check them out... I'm in love.

anyone know what this weird energy complex is on the way to vegas? looks like thousands of Mirrors...maybe some type of solar energy deal?
on the way there..

vegas lights

Weds Bazeria fronts

as tired as I was, I couldn't help but test fit the rears.. it was nice to pull off all the spacers I had to use with the +15 RPF1's

in love again... Weds Bazeria, Extended ARP wheel studs, Project Kics R40 neo champs...been through the ringer over the years....still holding strong.

Also, almost forgot about the other update. Plugged in all engine harness plugs. And made one more ground. Utilizing the same trans bolt that grounds the battery to the trans/motor. The same location now goes to the firewall as well.
Here is my Fuel Pressure Reg Bracket

Spacers for LIM FFE rails installed. Thanks again to Aaron at FFE for rushing these out to me!

And that's about it. If anyone wants a set of (2) Enkei RPF1's SBC finish in 18x10.5 +15...let me know. Would love to sell a set to make back some cheddah. Local pick-up preferred!! just let me know. Thanks guys!! More updates soon!

Stay Tuned!!!
Old 05-07-2014, 10:16 AM   #425
indomiekid1
Leaky Injector

indomiekid1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Very awesome build!!!!!Keep it up!!!
indomiekid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:03 AM   #426
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
those mirrors reflect light onto the tower that's in the center of them. there's a thermal salt mixture that the concentrated sun light will heat that in turn boils water and the steam runs through a turbine/generator, creating clean electricity.

its called a heliostat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heliostat
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:13 AM   #427
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post
those mirrors reflect light onto the tower that's in the center of them. there's a thermal salt mixture that the concentrated sun light will heat that in turn boils water and the steam runs through a turbine/generator, creating clean electricity.

its called a heliostat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heliostat
Old 05-08-2014, 10:14 AM   #428
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Update:

Got off work yesterday and totally forgot to load up my front wheels to get the tires mounted. The tire shop is right by my work, so I dinged myself on the efficiency scale yesterday. I ended up just running home and throwing them in the car. I had some brand new 225/40/18 Nitto NT555's I'd be mounting on them. Couldn't resist snapping this pic. I seriously love these wheels.

Tires

forgot to snap a picture of them mounted just yet but I am unable to actually run them because the car was that low. I mounted them up and dropped the car to the ground and realized something was definitely wrong. ..I forgot that my knuckles had been modified. Not only angle wise but they were dropped as well. I don't know exactly how much was taken out but the car was on the ground. Rims tucked and were touching the fender lips. They new wheels are 9.5...so they're technically a bit higher overall than the 10" rota's I previously had on there. I had to take the weds off and put the rotas back on for the time being. I desperately need 225/35/18's up front. And I raised my front travel an inch and a half. My buddy Micki let me borrow his trailer so I could go back and forth to the fab shop to hopefully knock out my turbo mani. Unfortunately It took me an hour to load the car up because of the height etc. I also let a buddy borrow my steering rack a while back and when it was put back on my tie rods were all wacked out so I had some catfish eye's going on with massive backwards pidgeon toe out. ...then my tow hook hit... etc etc etc. So I was an hour and a half late to the fab shop and was only able to get the rear runner mocked up.
Here are some pics of the car with the Bash bar installed as well

rear runner mock and cut

That was all I really had time to take pictures of. But I got the tires mounted, steering fixed enough to roll, Bash bar mounted, picked up trailer, loaded car. I actually left the car on the trailer because i'll be towing over to the car show at my school this fri. Told some of the students I'd bring it. But no way i'm unloading it from the trailer. I'm just gonna pull it up and park it attached to my truck. It would be such a pain to unload it again in it's current state. Plus I'm hitting the fab shop again today at 5 to hopefully knock out as much of the manifold as possible. It's shaping up nicely...love the shape and the bends are supahhh duupahhh smooove mang. I like to pretend I'm an F1 mechanic at the shop lol.
In other updates...I got the following in:
Hardline for hydro E-brake dual caliper set up
-4AN steel braided line for Wastegate vac lines
(4) Wastegate NPT to -4 Adapter fittings
(2) Flex fuel Sensor -6 adapters for GM flex fuel sensor
-6 inline Fuel Pressure sensor t fitting..straight through with a port for Fuel pressure sensor.
And I think that's it. I'm not going to start on the hydro e-brake set up till the car is running. Need to prioritize things, and the car running correctly is the most important thing.

I got to quickly visualize how the wastegates will be routed and damn they're going to be sexy....highly prioritized..tear dropped and screaming out of the hood. They're also going to be very close to the turbo inlet. This way AFTER gasses have fully exploded and are finished expanding the gates can do their job. I'm no engineer or rocket scientist...but it just makes a bit of sense to me especially on this long runner....that the gates are furthest away from the motor as possible.

Anyways More updates soon!

Stay tuned!!
Old 05-08-2014, 05:24 PM   #429
RB2.5

RB2.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like it close to another tune?
RB2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:29 AM   #430
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Update:

So I started a Facebook group just to spread what some of us Enthusiasts do from our garages!!
It's called "garage Hero." This will continue to be my main build thread, just wanted to start something to look forward to on social media as well.

Anyways, I was able to get some tacks done to the manifold. My main problem was the front runner/turbo inlet mid section bend. I tried for hours to make a bend with the correct cut angle to make it fit but i'm just going to have to cut it and make the piece smaller to angle it for clearance. But the big pieces are in fact tacked into position and clearance is good everywhere!!
Check it out!!
Rear housing out up and around. making room for the 4" downpipe!!

Another angle...you can see the front housing runner and where it would give problems for clearance.. this is what I was talking about being problematic in terms of clearance. It'll snake down under the rear housing runner and connect closer to the frame rail. I have a tiny bit over 1/4" of clearance to the frame rail. Hoping this is enough. I'm expecting the manifold to change shape after it's welded on...but I'm going to spend a LOT of time prepping the metal/beveling the edges etc to get them ready to be fully weld out. I'm sure the final shape can be pretty close to the mock up shape given my buddy welding it a certain way. So lets hope it doesn't change much.

I was also able to get a lot of cleaning done. Organizing etc. It's good to do this for clarity and ease of work.

Night shot of the good ol Garage!

The rig

"Invested" hahaha..but (2) Rpf's 18x10.5 SBC for sale!!!
Old 05-09-2014, 10:24 AM   #431
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Old 05-09-2014, 10:55 AM   #432
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
^ Amazing.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:20 PM   #433
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

^...ohhh my......thing is sick!
Old 05-12-2014, 10:07 AM   #434
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Small Update:

Well this weekend was pretty un-productive... sometimes you just have to work to make ends meet. I worked all weekend. I was able to get a couple smaller things done though. My Bubbletech Carbon door skins came in. I have to say...I'm very impressed...seriously. You know when people promote their friends companies even if they pump out not so good of products? ....well this simply isn't the case. The door skins are every bit worth the price. The install was simple, hardware made things easy, and I still can't believe how much of an improvement it made in the over-all presence inside the car. It looks so much better I can't even explain it.
Check it out
Box came in

power window switches

Passenger side

Drivers side

I finally hooked up ALL power to accessories and was able to get the windows rolled up. This was something I had been waiting to do for a few weeks because the OEM giant speaker mounts/brackets in both drivers and passenger side doors were very close to the door bars of the cage...which made me unable to close the doors all the way. So got them rolled up...pulled the giant things out and rolled them down again. Other than installing the door panels...I really didn't have time to get anything else done. I'll be working tonight through wed as well, so don't be expecting any further updates till after then.

Stay tuned!!!
Old 05-12-2014, 02:00 PM   #435
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
ryandriftingfat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
3 things.

Love the door panels.
Finish this car for Thunder.
Get some of these for your garage.

And stay golden.
ryandriftingfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:13 PM   #436
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

I'm pushing for it!!!
Old 05-14-2014, 12:36 PM   #437
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Update:

Well rather than continuing to be a victim,.....the best thing you can do when things aren't working in your favor is to suck it up, pull your pants up and walk head high right through it. I got home yesterday and felt like crap. But I checked out front because its part of my routine now...and there was a little package waiting for my attention. My flex fuel sensor had come in and it sorely wanted to be installed. So i threw my work clothes on the ground and put on something much more comfy. Headed out into the garage and got to spend some time working on the wolfe.
Here is the GM shorty Flex fuel sensor....about 60 bucks shipped and another 12 bucks for the pig tail harness. Far cheaper than the Haltech unit which is exactly the same for 220.00.

threw my 3/8 to-6 adapters on it

A couple cuts, measures and twists later it was installed. This is my FPR return line by the way.

FInal install pic

Also installed my second Fuel Temp sensor into the line right after my Y spilt from under the car. ..but forgot to take installed pics

The Wolfe..... Raised the front end up an inch and a half....and i'm waiting to swap some smaller side walls onto the front so I can put the Weds on there.

So back on the horse. Out with the negative and on with the posi :icon_tup: I've also decided that its just not in favor of me to continue to build my own manifold. I feel alittle defeated because I really wanted to make this one work, and the design is good.....although some may argue it's too long etc. But I just don't have the resources to complete it the way that I want it done right now. So i'm not sure if I should keep all my material or try to sell it off to recoup some of the loss and put it towards a larger known manifold. Reason is.....I want it to be perfect...and everyone with the necessary skills wants an arm and a leg to do it...but they don't wnat to do it my way, and they don't want me in the shop with them while they do it. The guy who was going to be welding it out for me....my buddy and friend.. just doesn't have the time to do it. So we may be able to get it done ...but realistically ETA would be around 2 months possibly 3 on completion. Which makes me un-available to shakedown the car at any just drift events/top drift rounds etc. So with the Turblown manifold.. I pay for it...slap it on and all i'll need to do is run lines and take the exhaust pipes to get welded out at an exhaust shop nearby. Last time they charged me 40 bucks and it came out great. So I'll be going that route because it's just not in my favorable cards at the current time to finish my own design.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:57 PM   #438
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Man that really sucks, i'm all for long runner manifolds and have been searching for one for my sr20 for a long time.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:32 AM   #439
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Small Update:

Been gearing up for some heavy work. I am not sure if I announced this fully but I have decided that the best option for me...especially if I am to compete in this car is to go with a well known branded manifold. I chose Turblown for various reasons....and of course I went with the Long Runner. the older you get the more you stick closer to the people and companies that you have known for the longest amount of time that have never done any 'wrongs' by you. Turblown/turbosource is one of those companies for me. Anyways......I need to write a list started because there is a lot to do.
I started pre-organizing and assembling all my WG, turbo hardware, lines etc. So I started with putting the 90 degree fittings on the gates. My AN npt to-6 adapters for W/G vac were far too long.. So I had to grind them down on my belt sander.

And I totally forgot to snap pics of all 4... so I'll have to make a mental note to snap some pics of stuff I've left out.

Anyways all my Manifold Fabrication stuff is for sale
full race turbo flange. I have a for sale add in the classifieds section if your interested or you can pm me.
Engine flange
ALL the Pipe I have

So I don't like to promise updates but Expect some heavy ones over the weekend etc. We'll see how buttoning up this thing goes.

Stay tuned guys

More updates soon!!
Old 05-19-2014, 10:26 AM   #440
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Update! "Double check the check list and buttoning up the little things."

I think with larger "in depth" builds... it's easy to get lost in the to do list. What I mean by that is all the little things that go into a process. I think I've touched on this a few times here and there but I really feel like it is something that is often times overlooked....and it shouldn't be. When installing a sensor. You could simply get any old electrical crimping fitting crimp together two wires and it would work. ....OR you could pick out specifically gauged wire, ...make sure you have 3 separate colors for ground, power and signal.....measure it all out and plan it's routing, cut to length, use OEM style pins, use a good crimping tool to get a good solid secure connection, use heat shrink, and protect your wiring with braided covering. And that's what I mean by all the little things. In between these "little things" there is also clean up... which goes a long way in a garage with a ton of tools. Nothing is more frustrating than working on something and not being able to find a tool. I almost always hate helping friends work on their cars because I can never find a damn socket or extension etc. Messes up the flow haha. The smallest things such as throwing away all your clippings from the end of wires, or making sure to put extra bolts and hardware back into the bucket of bolts etc. Everyonce in a while its good to stand back and look at the car.... your reflection and admire it. If you don't admire it...maybe it's time to step it up?! I sometimes take a quick break to make some coffee and eat an apple or bowl of cereal. It's good to help clear the mind and freshen things up.

Saturday night was one of those nights. I worked from 7:00 pm till 4:30AM. But I am glad to report that I finished the following:

-Painted and mounted my Roof spoiler... yea yea I know some people would be angy I painted an OEM piece...but honestly..it'll be professionally painted anyhow in a few months so either way it's getting painted. Used 3M double sided and was amazed at how strong it holds... damn thing felt solid as ever on there.
- removed a vestal sticker haha..not very important but still something I had been meaning to do.
- hooked up the power/grounds/inputs to both Fuel pressure sensor/oil pressure sensors into the Innovate ssi-4 logging module
-hooked power to my Flex fuel sensor and routed all lines to it to make sure it didn't run anywhere sketchy.
- Covered all the above lines with Braided sleeving to make sure they are all protected
- Updated my Adaptronic ECU Firmware from 10 to 12.0 (newest software update) Excellent as I was able to see all my pressure sensors in the live gauge screen.
- Made changes to my old Map for my start-up base tune (swapped from 850cc inj to 1k prim) set up aux sensor inputs, flex fuel input, etc
- did a full Leak test on fuel system to make sure I had no injector seat leaks or fitting leaks
- re-aligned my front end because the front tires are just FARRR too large of a side-wall to run on the Weds 9.5's.
- Ordered a set of 225/35/18 Federal SS595's from a website that had them cheap as sin. total was like 178 Shipped for (2) new fronts.
- Fit all gates with the -npt to An adapter fittings I modded last week.
- Started planning the Borg Warner EFR Boost control solenoid power/signal wire routing
- Re-installed the UIM because I had forgot the gasket (newb mistake) and made sure it was securely fastened
-Organized my Gaskets and materials (studs etc) for the upcoming install of the Turblown Long runner Manifold
- Made a new To-do List

Anyways here are some pictures from the weekend.... Not too exciting...but this is what I feel is going to make the car much more solid in terms of being as reliable as possible. All of these little things will be worth it...pay-off come dyno/track time.

Sidewall is just too large 40 series

NPT to AN adapter fittings installed to Turbosmart Comp Gate 40's

Test fit before making lines

Flex fuel power/ground/signal routing and protection

Loom ready for final install, I've learned to always give myself excessive leads because you can ALWAYS cut back..but adding to is a pain and almost a double negative haha

Pinned my Fuel pressure gauge and made the loom/covered etc

Love how clean the braded sleeve and clear heat shrink makes things look

Roof Spoiler installed

Used the un-used CAS plug for my Flex fuel input. I used a spare knock sensor plug and connector for this. ..de-pinned them and put new pins in.. makes things legit and I know it is a secure connection that will last a looooong time.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:37 AM   #441
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Update! "Double check the check list and buttoning up the little things."

I think with larger "in depth" builds... it's easy to get lost in the to do list. What I mean by that is all the little things that go into a process. I think I've touched on this a few times here and there but I really feel like it is something that is often times overlooked....and it shouldn't be. When installing a sensor. You could simply get any old electrical crimping fitting crimp together two wires and it would work. ....OR you could pick out specifically gauged wire, ...make sure you have 3 separate colors for ground, power and signal.....measure it all out and plan it's routing, cut to length, use OEM style pins, use a good crimping tool to get a good solid secure connection, use heat shrink, and protect your wiring with braided covering. And that's what I mean by all the little things. In between these "little things" there is also clean up... which goes a long way in a garage with a ton of tools. Nothing is more frustrating than working on something and not being able to find a tool. I almost always hate helping friends work on their cars because I can never find a damn socket or extension etc. Messes up the flow haha. The smallest things such as throwing away all your clippings from the end of wires, or making sure to put extra bolts and hardware back into the bucket of bolts etc. Everyonce in a while its good to stand back and look at the car.... your reflection and admire it. If you don't admire it...maybe it's time to step it up?! I sometimes take a quick break to make some coffee and eat an apple or bowl of cereal. It's good to help clear the mind and freshen things up.

Saturday night was one of those nights. I worked from 7:00 pm till 4:30AM. But I am glad to report that I finished the following:

-Painted and mounted my Roof spoiler... yea yea I know some people would be angy I painted an OEM piece...but honestly..it'll be professionally painted anyhow in a few months so either way it's getting painted. Used 3M double sided and was amazed at how strong it holds... damn thing felt solid as ever on there.
- removed a vestal sticker haha..not very important but still something I had been meaning to do.
- hooked up the power/grounds/inputs to both Fuel pressure sensor/oil pressure sensors into the Innovate ssi-4 logging module
-hooked power to my Flex fuel sensor and routed all lines to it to make sure it didn't run anywhere sketchy.
- Covered all the above lines with Braided sleeving to make sure they are all protected
- Updated my Adaptronic ECU Firmware from 10 to 12.0 (newest software update) Excellent as I was able to see all my pressure sensors in the live gauge screen.
- Made changes to my old Map for my start-up base tune (swapped from 850cc inj to 1k prim) set up aux sensor inputs, flex fuel input, etc
- did a full Leak test on fuel system to make sure I had no injector seat leaks or fitting leaks
- re-aligned my front end because the front tires are just FARRR too large of a side-wall to run on the Weds 9.5's.
- Ordered a set of 225/35/18 Federal SS595's from a website that had them cheap as sin. total was like 178 Shipped for (2) new fronts.
- Fit all gates with the -npt to An adapter fittings I modded last week.
- Started planning the Borg Warner EFR Boost control solenoid power/signal wire routing
- Re-installed the UIM because I had forgot the gasket (newb mistake) and made sure it was securely fastened
-Organized my Gaskets and materials (studs etc) for the upcoming install of the Turblown Long runner Manifold
- Made a new To-do List

Anyways here are some pictures from the weekend.... Not too exciting...but this is what I feel is going to make the car much more solid in terms of being as reliable as possible. All of these little things will be worth it...pay-off come dyno/track time.

Sidewall is just too large 40 series

NPT to AN adapter fittings installed to Turbosmart Comp Gate 40's

Test fit before making lines

Flex fuel power/ground/signal routing and protection

Loom ready for final install, I've learned to always give myself excessive leads because you can ALWAYS cut back..but adding to is a pain and almost a double negative haha

Pinned my Fuel pressure gauge and made the loom/covered etc

Love how clean the braded sleeve and clear heat shrink makes things look

Roof Spoiler installed

Used the un-used CAS plug for my Flex fuel input. I used a spare knock sensor plug and connector for this. ..de-pinned them and put new pins in.. makes things legit and I know it is a secure connection that will last a looooong time.

More use of OEM connectors for my Flex fuel signal to ecu..came out nice nah?!

Using the clear heat shrink.... BEFORE you solder you have to put everything in place hah!!

mmmmm Nice!

This was a problem I ran into.... the excessive LIM I purchased off a forum member here was stripped out completely. He forgot to mention that by the way.. Anyways..instead of making a fuss out of it.. I just decided to deal with it. These were two bolts I had tried and actually ended up NOT using either.. as I found a longer bolt. And so I'm not using the longer bolt WITH a nut to securely fasten the top most bolt that goes through the top of the UIM to secure it to the LIM.

Innovate SSI-4 Install process...

I keep ALL of my information in a file on my tool-box. SO when I need to double check wiring or install something or even troubleshoot...it's all there. Searching for stuff online can get annoying...although I also have most Electronic Manuals downloaded onto my ecu as well lol
This was updating the firmware and making some easy peezy changes and starting to plan my EFR boost control solenoid wiring etc.

probly going to go with this routing for Wg's and boost control solenoid vac

and some ssi-4 manual goodness just because pics are cool.

Anyways.... More Updates soon!

Stay tuned!!
Old 05-20-2014, 09:35 AM   #442
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Small Update: "Haunted and Distracted"

Well I got home from work yesterday and started planning my attack as far as things to get done and I kept seeing a thin white box under my table that I couldn't for the life of me remember what was for. I started a quick clean up and saw it again. Then my roommate came home and we chatted for a few quick moments and I turned back to my tool box ...and there it was again...Haunting me. I threw my gloves off and grabbed the damn box and opened it. What do ya know... A brand new crispy looking Power steering cooler. I had all but forgotten about this thing, but It beckoned for a home on the wolf. I said screw it and knew exactly where I wanted it. Figured I would put it right on top of my Intercooler ducting. Now, I've decided to keep the Aluminum snake that runs from the p/s up to the reservoir additionally just for the added capacity... this also eliminates a lot of work for me because I don't have to duct the p/s cooler. I was going to at first....but it really isn't needed IMO (correct me if I'm wrong). So here is the Install of my Power Steering Cooler.

Used the OEM tube and cut it up for routing of the line from the snake to the cooler

I know this is un-necessary...but I can't STAND leaks. So I put a little High Temp Honda-bond RTV on the end just to make sure nothing sneaks past. Seems as if everyones P/S leaks on their fd's..I don't wanna be one of them.

this is the ugliest hardline in existence. I'm looking for more tube but this was all I had for the time being. So I used it for mocking purposes. It'll be replaced soon enough with a nice piece.

This piece from the Aluminum snake under the car on the other hand......came out great

Mocking up the mount holes

The wolf gets what the wolf wants...and she loves gold..

Mounted up and lines attached. Need a couple more clamps.

So my next question is How much Pressure does the reservoir side of the P/S pump see? I know there is a High pressure line from the actual pump to the rack...but out of the rack to the aluminum snake...OEM utilizes simple hose and clamp configurations for the lines. I don't want it to leak... But should I be using Worm clamps or the simple OEM style clamps? Any Input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much guys!

More Updates soon!

Stay tuned!!
Old 05-21-2014, 09:41 AM   #443
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Small Update:

Didn't get a whole lot of visual stuff done yesterday. But I was able to:
Raise the rear suspension an inch
Install my UIM fully, tps hook up, throttle cable routing and install
Wire in the built in EBC solenoid pig tail for the BW EFR 8374 to the adaptronic ecu
Hook up some Vac line's to an array of components
do a bit of planning for the Vacuum routing for the dual Turbosmart comp gate 40's
Found this and I'm thinking this is what i'll do unless anyone has any valid reasons to do it differently haha

And here is the end of a productive garage session =-)

adaptronic sticker install.....hahaha

More Updates after today!

Stay tuned!!!
Old 05-22-2014, 11:55 AM   #444
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Update: annddd.....the.... delivery truck... is here.......now?.....no....ok...now?...no....ok...N OW!!!

Package from Turblown came in!.... funny when you keep hitting refresh haha.

lay it out.....plan out the attack

these turbosmart comp gates are much nicer than my previous gates....clearly a better design..and it's easy to see how they'll seal better. Easy install as well!

It's important to install everything where you think you want it...then re-adjust.. and again when the turbo is actually installed. Don't want to re-do things more than a couple times...but plan on making adjustments and don't tq everything down right away...this'll save time.

Put the engine to mani gaskets on and secured everything. Now that I did this...if I were to do it again... I would've installed the turbo ON the manifold before installing the manifold to the engine. It was only a bit of a hassle to get to the Inconel nut at about 4 o clock in this pic.

Oil line was a cinch.. used some of my existing baker fire sleeve on the upper most portion of it as it was left over form my old oil drain.

careful...whenever you think "that won't happen to me" ....and don't listen to your instinct... the bad will happen. Listen to your instinct... prevent the inevitable haha.

After EGT's and all goodies were installed...it was time to install the turbo. Inconel divided turbosource gasket =-)

getting it just right..

End of the night. Taking my time to dot the i's and cross my t's...

sorry for the rushed update. or lack of description but checked off the following from my list today:

Installed turbo manifold, turbo, and wastegates
Water feed line installed
Water drain line installed but I ordered a better fitting for it
Oil drain line installed
All fittings for vac set up have been ordered
also going with this set up on routing..but i'll have to mod it a bit to incorporate the EFR's vac layout

More updates soon!

Stay Tuned!!
Old 05-23-2014, 02:34 PM   #445
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Small Update:

Filled the coolant system. I re-positioned the upper radiator hose so that there is a light gradual incline from the radiator to the upper part of the water filler neck...and it made the hugest improvement in filling the system. I opened the bleeder on the radiator as well and filled the system completely with no back pressure....if that makes sense. No gargling and waiting for air pockets to bubble up. Went and grabbed a couple bottle of water wetter and 4 gallons of 100% distilled water. Filled the system up and let it sit over-night.

There were no leaks this morning so that's a good thing. Waiting on my Vac fittings and oil feed fittings so I can crank her over. Other than that......everything is ready to fire.

Things on the top of my priority list are:

Oil level port re-seal. Seems as if It's not sealing correctly and it has a small leak. I hate leaks so I'll be fixing it so it doesn't leak..but I don't want to have to drain the oil entirely so this is my plan. Jack up the Drivers side of the car 2 ft. This will hopefully be enough to keep all the oil in the pan away from the port..so I can take it off without oil draining all over the place. Anyone ever try this? haha... I'll let you guys know how it works out lol.

- Fab up downpipe
- fab up waste gate dump pipes
- Fab up all Charge Pipe
- have someone weld out the dash bar of my cage. Still needs to be fully welded out
- New front tires
- Seal Radiator/Intercooler/Oil cooler duct work to heat exchangers with Exhaust adhesive tape.
- Install Dash, can't do this till dash bar is fully welded out.
- mount dash to dash bar

After these things the car should be dyno ready. hopefully I can make a big dent this weekend. We'll see.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:30 AM   #446
Royal_T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Royal_T is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
so freaking sexy bro.. looking good
Old 05-25-2014, 02:32 PM   #447
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
This build is insane
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:36 PM   #448
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

UPdate: "A busy weekend"

where to start......

Well how about with a little leak?
For the past couple weeks I've had a little oil leak since I filled the motor with oil. The OEM oil level sensor was leaking... and this was the first time I've ever installed it without using permatex. ....and it leaked.. so I jacked up the car on the drivers side as I said I was going to.. but realized really quick i'd have to to go beyond an angle I was comfortable with. So I just drained the oil ....dried the level sensor and re-installed it with permatex. Filled oil a few hours later and no more oil leak. oil leak= fixed.

Made my turbo feed line. -4AN steel braided line covered in baker fire sleeve.

Now that everything was ready to go at this point. I needed a down pipe. Could've went to an exhaust shop to get it made but I decided to make the cuts and tackle the job on my own. Then just take it to a friend to have him tack it up....me take it home to test fit it to make sure it fits and have it welded out. So here was my down pipe fab.

luckily the top and bottom didn't need to much cutting..I literally slipped this on the mid pipe and this was how it fit.

I made all cuts with my angle grinder and cleaned them up on my belt sander. Came out nice!!

sometimes I do impress myself. Not bad for your local garage mechanic.......garage hero eh?

this whole process took about 3 hours. And I had to double cut a couple things but the end product came out nice.

have to make sure they're 100% flush otherwise....it'll change the whole shape.

looking back from to the rear of the car

Tacked up

02 Bungs

after it was tacked I brought it home to double check to make sure it all fit correctly before it would be fully welded out. It fit well so it was ready to be welded out.

Went out to top drift after dropping off the down pipe and got a call soon thereafter. The pipe was finished =-)
scheduled an in route pick up haha...thanks to my good buddy for welded it out for me on short notice.

mmmm 4" stainless goodness.

Installed, and car was ready to start.

02 installed, the second bung is aux for another on the dyno if need be.

The wolfe. God I love this car

waiting for my first start video to load to photobucket...my last one I loaded twice and still to this day I have no idea where it is haha. I've looked for it but I must've uploaded it to who the hell knows where because its no where to be found.

It was good to hear it though. Everything checked out great. Timing was a degree or so off. ANd I was able to get it hot to bleed the coolant system. Eerything looks good guys. Need to find some front tires to throw on so I can get this thing out and broken in. ALso need charge piping.

Still Lots to do!!

More Updates soon!

Stay tuned!!
Old 05-27-2014, 02:43 PM   #449
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
lookin good so far. I have a turbonetics manual boost controller hooked up to an external wastegate like you have in your diagram up there and it's solid, no spikes or anything.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:59 AM   #450
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Small Update:

A buddy hit me up and had some used tires I could use for the time being. Federal 595's. Going to be trying to fit some 235's possibly 225's when the car is done being broken in. These are 215/35's. Good price and for decent tires and they clear. Gives me some time to get the car sorted. THEN I can worry about alignment steering and clearance.
215/35/18 on a 9.5

Also pulled my downpipe off to wrap it. I used this Therma-cool stuff this time. You lightly dampen in with water after you wrap it and let it dry in the sun (I used a heat gun) and it shrink's tight. I really like it. Came out good...but it's always a pain wrapping it as tight as you want.

Then I spent the next hour and a half making sure to seal off ALL the openings in my radiator and oil cooler ducting. As stated in the past......and in multiple "cooling" threads...this is very important. So I did the top bottom and sides as well as on the insides to help prevent the air from blowing out the sides of the ducting. Check it!

oil coolers

Then I started on my Wastegate Vac lines. ....And this is where I encountered a problem. An expensive one.
All 4 fittings have a weird taper to them on the hose side... This makes them almost impossible to install. I checked my invoice and it doesn't say they are specifically for anything....yet there is a brass bushing on the inside. So I can't use these....and I had to stop to order more non-tapered ones. Perfect example of a waste of money...while trying to save money. Ordered these from summit because they were 2-3 bucks cheaper per unit than the next -4 90 degree fittings. I've actually never returned a fitting before so maybe I can return them. We'll see how easy this ends up being....but I expect it to be a giant hassle.
But here is the EFR compressor cover

cut and T fitting installed

And installing the -4 AN straight hose end fittings. Make sure to ALWAYS lube them up before installing. Never broke a fitting until last week.

Anyways. I got the front wheels on and it clears so were good for the time being there. Left my Lisle funnel on for about 48 hours starting the car the first time through yesterday and i'm pretty sure the system is damn near 100% Bled. So I took the funnel off and i'll check a couple more times before I call it good.
and some pics from top drift this past weekend. Always a blast out there. Can't wait to get out on the black top.
notice anything?

top 3

pits

podium

cahhzz