Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 05:27 AM   #151
Toi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Toi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Glass, airbags, emissions, bumpers, no side impact doors......Not crash tested and not held up to American safety standards.....and probably a big fat dose of the Big 3 fighting it....
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2011, 06:13 AM   #152
Presha

Trader Rating: (0)
Presha is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That is soo shit! All that effort to sieze cars when they could be hunting down real crims
Old 05-29-2011, 09:13 AM   #153
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toi View Post
Glass, airbags, emissions, bumpers, no side impact doors......Not crash tested and not held up to American safety standards.....and probably a big fat dose of the Big 3 fighting it....
I *really* doubt The big 3 even remotely cares about importing 10-20 year year old Nissans.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 05-29-2011, 12:24 PM   #154
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
I *really* doubt The big 3 even remotely cares about importing 10-20 year year old Nissans.
Seriously, protectionism for foreign car imports in the U.S. LOL

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 05-29-2011, 06:35 PM   #155
NINE
Zilvia Junkie

NINE is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Seriously, protectionism for foreign car imports in the U.S. LOL
Correct it was Mercedes that made Grey market cars illegal.

This avenue was increasingly successful, especially in cases where only lower-specification models were officially offered on the US market. For example, Mercedes-Benz chose to offer only the lower-output 380SEL model to Americans in 1981, ensuring a huge demand for the much faster 500SEL available in the rest of the world. BMW had the same issue with their 745i Turbo. The grey market was successful enough that it ate significantly into the business of Mercedes-Benz of North America and their dealers. The corporation launched a successful million-dollar congressional lobbying effort to stop private importation of vehicles not officially intended for the U.S. market. An organisation called AICA (Automotive Importers Compliance Association) was formed by importers in California, Florida, New York, Texas, and elsewhere to counter some of these actions by Mercedes lobbyists, but the Motor Vehicle Safety Compliance Act was passed in 1988, effectively ending private import of grey-market vehicles to the United States. No evidence was presented that grey-import vehicles' safety performance differed significantly from that of US models, and there have been allegations of improper lobbying, but the issue has never been raised in court.

Grey import vehicle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 05-29-2011, 06:55 PM   #156
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINE View Post
Correct it was Mercedes that made Grey market cars illegal.

This avenue was increasingly successful, especially in cases where only lower-specification models were officially offered on the US market. For example, Mercedes-Benz chose to offer only the lower-output 380SEL model to Americans in 1981, ensuring a huge demand for the much faster 500SEL available in the rest of the world. BMW had the same issue with their 745i Turbo. The grey market was successful enough that it ate significantly into the business of Mercedes-Benz of North America and their dealers. The corporation launched a successful million-dollar congressional lobbying effort to stop private importation of vehicles not officially intended for the U.S. market. An organisation called AICA (Automotive Importers Compliance Association) was formed by importers in California, Florida, New York, Texas, and elsewhere to counter some of these actions by Mercedes lobbyists, but the Motor Vehicle Safety Compliance Act was passed in 1988, effectively ending private import of grey-market vehicles to the United States. No evidence was presented that grey-import vehicles' safety performance differed significantly from that of US models, and there have been allegations of improper lobbying, but the issue has never been raised in court.

Grey import vehicle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yup, I helped import an original European version E30 M3 for my friend back in the 80's. Grey Market cars was decent business in the San Francisco bay area.

The issue really is not on lawmakers radar. This is why Homeland security has gotten all misguided in the issue. They seem to think that these cars represent a threat to the security of the country, because they are illegal and lawmakers could care less about the whole thing.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 10-22-2011, 12:39 PM   #157
Toi
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
See above post, my family has been in the car business a LONG time.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:30 PM   #158
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
http://wh.gov/b6q

Petition to change DOT exemption from 25 to 15 years.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:38 PM   #159
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
8643710825 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Signed......
Old 11-11-2011, 03:55 PM   #160
khai01
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
khai01 is making a name for him/her selfkhai01 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
That is dump, fine something else to do. Stupid gov. They're probably watching all the forum too...
Old 11-12-2011, 09:39 AM   #161
SomeoneWhoIsntMe
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
SomeoneWhoIsntMe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post
If I had a Kaizo skyline and I got word of this, I'd spend a day pulling the engine, gutting the interior, and putting it up on jacks in my garage. That way when they came, what can they do? I was building a race car.
IIRC, this doesn't work. The gov't has seized shells for "intent" to reassemble it into a skyrine... I'd say the best bet at getting away with it would be swapping an SR, JZ, or LSx, and getting an assembled vehicle title from your state. If you've already assembled the car with the running gear from a different vehicle and gotten it state titled as a kit / custom, they're going to have a pretty hard establishing intent.

Problem is, they still get to do what the fuck they want. There's nothing stopping them from taking your car and crushing it... you just might be able to sue them for damages if you can prove that they weren't justified in crushing your car. So... better get a good legal team if you have a skyline.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #162
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
8643710825 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
SInce day one we have said the Kaizo Process Was BS. WE have had Homeland Security/ICE/CBP/DOT Special Agents come to one of our warehouse's in search of cars. They were pretty cool but they were def there to seize vehicles.. We have also had chassis seized at the boarders with intent to re assemble. They can detain the vehicle but they can't actually seize it. They have to prove you are going to use that for htat certain purpose. Over the course of about 8 years we have had about 20 chassis seized. Never got any of them back..Some were crushed some were exported.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:53 AM   #163
WrisColf
Zilvia Junkie

WrisColf is an unknown quantity at this point
Signed. we have to get the word out of this petition. only reason i found this was because i was bored. Spread the word!
Old 11-13-2011, 10:00 AM   #164
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
yep, that petition will NEVER work, it's a FEDERAL law which is decided about 10 years in advance, there is a ZERO chance it will work.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:02 AM   #165
RB180sxChris
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
RB180sxChris is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ocho View Post
who cares, really. its a skyline. Big woop. I see 5 a day.
Well no shit you see 5 day your in canada you dumbass!
Old 11-14-2011, 11:08 AM   #166
redline1320
Zilvia Junkie

redline1320 is an unknown quantity at this point
I signed....Idc if you think it wont work. If by some chance it came down to this single petition and the reason it wasn't passed is because it didnt have enough signatures. I spread the word
Old 12-23-2011, 07:56 AM   #167
DallasTXjdm
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (41)
DallasTXjdm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Instead of investing time and money hunting down illegal cars, concentrate and spend that sh!t on busting actual criminals i.e. drug smugglers, child predators, scam rings, big corporate parasitic flakes, etc,. Oh wait!!! All of those pricks feed money back into the Judicial system which then goes back to our government. Ahhhh ha!
Old 12-23-2011, 08:11 AM   #168
Rancimo322
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Rancimo322 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
man i love this country and its b.s

BROCODE Article 43: A Bro loves his country, unless that country isn't America.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:38 AM   #169
AS240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
AS240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
tried to sign it and got this:
"The petition you are trying to access has expired, because it failed to meet the signature threshold."
...awesome
Old 12-23-2011, 11:47 PM   #170
enot767
Zilvia Member

enot767 is an unknown quantity at this point
yep, its no longer on the site.. last i saw it had some 15,xxx signatures
Old 12-24-2011, 06:02 PM   #171
94vert
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
94vert is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
buy from canada forget the feds.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:19 PM   #172
imwigger0303

imwigger0303 is an unknown quantity at this point
change the stickers and the vin tags to a 1995 or older nissan 240sx shell with a legit title then they cant track it it will fly under the radar except when u get stopped
Old 12-24-2011, 06:20 PM   #173
bellis_GTR

bellis_GTR is an unknown quantity at this point
I have plans to move to the states in the future. I know I will be bringing my R32 with me. Ill jump through their stupid hoops to get it. I would be happy if they let me bring it in as a track only car.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:21 PM   #174
delado
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
delado is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by imwigger0303 View Post
change the stickers and the vin tags to a 1995 or older nissan 240sx shell with a legit title then they cant track it it will fly under the radar except when u get stopped
Zilvia does not condone ilegal activities bro dude.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:19 PM   #175
Godfoot
Leaky Injector

Godfoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Godfoot
cheesey letter, usually when I get letters from the gov , there about pages and pages long
Old 12-25-2011, 01:59 AM   #176
Coleosis

Coleosis is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by delado View Post
Zilvia does not condone ilegal activities bro dude.
I wonder what the law is you would be breaking to put a 240sx VIN on it and call it a kit car.... I'm not argueing it is illegal... but HOOOOW illegal?
Old 12-26-2011, 04:12 AM   #177
Toi
Zilvia Member

Just try and register it AS a real kit car.....that might work.

Until then everyone needs to wait, old gear heads did it and so can the rest of you.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:47 AM   #178
go7roo7

go7roo7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Brian Spilner " hey guys we need a skyline..."

Thomas P O'Brian "hmm I think I saw one heading home yesterday..."

60 days later...

WHERE THE F#$@ IS MY SKYLINE!?

1 month later...

Fast And Furious 6 Premiers
Old 12-28-2011, 02:59 PM   #179
Rancimo322
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Rancimo322 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
hahaha with a ugly rice kit on it lol
Old 12-28-2011, 04:02 PM   #180
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
Quote:
Originally Posted by XnTroubleX View Post
I think that the massive amounts of money spent on this investigation and man power to complete this task would have been more beneficial if it was spent on anti-terrorism security or educational purposes for our children. There are so many schools that could have used this money on buying new books, or learning curriculum material! They should have used this money to fund more border patrol agents to keep drugs out of the reach of children. Or even spending it to increase security in schools to keep children safe from that one kid who was not liked enough and decides to come to school with a gun. But instead, their wasting money by removing cars just cause they dont pass standards of American government. When was the last time that a skyline hijacked an airplane and crashed it into two major buildings? When was the last time that a Skyline walked into a school and killed 20 children? When was the last time a skyline set off a roadside bomb? This is a complete waste of money!
^ This is truth and I agree with it. So many people are supporting the wrong priority. Education, Security, Industtry, stupid stuff. that's the order every goverment should be spending their money.
Closed Thread