Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-16-2020, 12:50 PM   #2881
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
This side of the US is always on fire around this time of year. It's lit yo
I was born and raised in Southern California. Went back to visit a couple of years ago and the mountains above my old house were scorched... Scary shit.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2020, 03:12 PM   #2882
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Thread gets activity and I see the same shit. Is 'echo chamber' a new addiction to your lexicon because it's in every thread where people argue.

Did y'all see SN Elvis put his Silvia for sale, then say it wasn't, then put it back up fro trade...for an R32...like the R32 he just sold...
Old 09-16-2020, 03:26 PM   #2883
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Remember when these were $1600? Who the fuck is buying this shit?

https://www.ebay.com/i/233688531256

dEmAnD..I thought everyone was doing k-swaps now? Then again an SR that's been sitting underwater since fucking 1998 is still $4500 so I guess this makes sense..
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 03:30 PM   #2884
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Remember when these were $1600? Who the fuck is buying this shit?

https://www.ebay.com/i/233688531256

dEmAnD..I thought everyone was doing k-swaps now? Then again an SR that's been sitting underwater since fucking 1998 is still $4500 so I guess this makes sense..
With an automatic... Ha!!

Shit, people thought 2Js and SRs would be like Small Blocks, just an endless supply for decades to come.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 05:07 PM   #2885
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I will be very happy to never see another 2JZ swap.

In fact, people can start removing them from their cars now and returning their cars to their rightful weight distribution.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:16 PM   #2886
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
I will be very happy to never see another 2JZ swap.

In fact, people can start removing them from their cars now and returning their cars to their rightful weight distribution.
Oh lordy, adding 100lbs!!! Drives like a dump truck now!!
Old 09-16-2020, 07:56 PM   #2887
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Lol rememebr when people were offload sr20 long blocks for 500-800 $1200 for a swap....those were the days..

Oh and ka24de were free just haul it away
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 10:34 PM   #2888
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Lol rememebr when people were offload sr20 long blocks for 500-800 $1200 for a swap....those were the days..

Oh and ka24de were free just haul it away
What's better a $1000 RB20 or $900 CA18det?

Oh get the CA better weight balance, RB will ruin the dynamics!
Old 09-17-2020, 12:09 AM   #2889
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
For the now $20k+ it would cost to do a proper 2JZ swap I would rather just buy another capable engine with an entire car attached to it.
Old 09-17-2020, 01:58 AM   #2890
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
For the now $20k+ it would cost to do a proper 2JZ swap I would rather just buy another capable engine with an entire car attached to it.
So what you?re saying is rwd convert a TSX???
Old 09-17-2020, 09:19 AM   #2891
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
So what you?re saying is rwd convert a TSX???
No, because I can't find 240 subframes that aren't bent. But there are still a lot of cars that already come with a 2JZ that are still cheap as hell. Auto IS300's are a dime a dozen.
Old 09-17-2020, 02:26 PM   #2892
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Did y'all see SN Elvis put his Silvia for sale, then say it wasn't, then put it back up fro trade...for an R32...like the R32 he just sold...
Damn, I forgot all about that Silvia... I'd also have a hard time letting that go.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:45 PM   #2893
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
What's better a $1000 RB20 or $900 CA18det?

Oh get the CA better weight balance, RB will ruin the dynamics!
You mean you can rid yourself of more than 400 pesky cc?
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 08:48 AM   #2894
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
The CA is ass. Change my mind.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 08:57 AM   #2895
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Everything seems priced at an all time high, not just the car scene. Just think it's a bad time to mod unless you're doing pretty well financially and it doesn't matter.

So many people know about the scene now. Final Bout has 120K Instagram followers, they've done very well for marketing. But this brings an influx of people. More competition for parts/cars, means higher prices.

If you have a clean chassis, or rare parts def time to hold and maintain.
The prices are going to stay this way for a while, if not rise some more.
Goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 12:01 PM   #2896
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofs View Post
Everything seems priced at an all time high, not just the car scene. Just think it's a bad time to mod unless you're doing pretty well financially and it doesn't matter.

So many people know about the scene now. Final Bout has 120K Instagram followers, they've done very well for marketing. But this brings an influx of people. More competition for parts/cars, means higher prices.

If you have a clean chassis, or rare parts def time to hold and maintain.
The prices are going to stay this way for a while, if not rise some more.
That's true.

But also consider the porsche bubble - they all decided their air cooleds were worth a ton, because they kept buying them from each other for more and more, but at some point there was nobody outside their circle jerk to maintain the bubble - now they're all trying to be very quiet about how their volkswagens are just worth volkswagen money.

It can be sort of real, and sort of fake. It's largely how seriously you take it - if someone knows what their heap is worth and is firm on their insanity, not only will you not change their mind, you're looking in exactly the wrong places.
Old 09-25-2020, 12:52 PM   #2897
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
lol "their Volkswagens are just worth Volkswagen money."

We just sold a '73 S for $295k and have multiple in-progress $300k+ restorations. What you hear and what goes on are two different things. Air-cooleds are still worth a ton, you just have to be selling cars that weren't restored by a hot rod shop in bumfuck Pennsylvania.

The CA isn't ass. I mean, it's not good but it's not ass. Certainly better than an RB20, the official engine of Fuccboi Nation.
Old 09-25-2020, 02:09 PM   #2898
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
lol "their Volkswagens are just worth Volkswagen money."

We just sold a '73 S for $295k and have multiple in-progress $300k+ restorations. What you hear and what goes on are two different things. Air-cooleds are still worth a ton, you just have to be selling cars that weren't restored by a hot rod shop in bumfuck Pennsylvania.

The CA isn't ass. I mean, it's not good but it's not ass. Certainly better than an RB20, the official engine of Fuccboi Nation.
You are exactly one of those guys who bet everything on his own bubble, and must keep insisting that his beetles are solid gold.

Pretentious people who live in a bubble of pretense. Don't drop your pretense, just go write the editor about how angry the comic makes you. IT LOOKS LIKE A SEA MONSTER ON THE COVER!!!!1!!11

(don't get me wrong, the comic sucks)

Some 240s are worth 32k. Some mopars are worth a million. Some volkswagens are worth more. You're still a pretentious fart-sniffer.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:53 PM   #2899
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
The CA was an ass platform to base an inline 6 from. Should have been the KA with a proper crank and no distributor. Would have been a monster.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:55 PM   #2900
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Dude, we rode the wave from $70k 2.4 'S' cars all the way into the $300k range, and RS cars from $350k to $1.1mm. The RS cars are still depressed as hell, but exceptional 2.4 cars bring unburst money.

We go where the money is. I wouldn't touch a 2.0 'T' (or a 2.0 or 2.2 Targa of any kind) with a ten-foot pole unless it was literally one of the best original cars in the world.

I've noticed a trend with people who call any air-cooleds "Beetles," and it's not a positive one. Let's just say "drinks King Cobra and buys bulk cheez-puffs."
Old 09-25-2020, 05:47 PM   #2901
spooled240
Post Whore!

^shit, I'm just trying to find a house around here that's less than $750k and ya'll are selling cars made from recycled BF-109's from WW2 for 1M..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
The CA was an ass platform to base an inline 6 from. Should have been the KA with a proper crank and no distributor. Would have been a monster.
KA24, you could've been a *stroked 4G63* but nah...Frontier's n shit

Last edited by spooled240; 09-25-2020 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: edit
Old 09-25-2020, 07:31 PM   #2902
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
...but ain't Porsches still selling for a lot.

*sips tea.

I'm wondering what to go for next but I can't make up my mind either. Even the prices here are ass on just about anything.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:32 PM   #2903
dizzariot
Post Whore!

...but ain't Porsches still selling for a lot.

*sips tea.

I'm wondering what to go for next but I can't make up my mind either. Even the prices here are ass on just about anything.
Old 09-26-2020, 11:12 AM   #2904
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Quote:
^shit, I'm just trying to find a house around here that's less than $750k
I empathize with that. My brother's trying to find a house in the town I live in, and there's a dead zone between $550k and $750k.

My house is in that dead zone, but had zero curb appeal when the previous hillbilly owners were still living here. Oh, and the house at the end of the street blew up a few years back because it was a meth lab. lol I'm making it sound like I live in a hovel.
Old 09-26-2020, 01:26 PM   #2905
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
I empathize with that. My brother's trying to find a house in the town I live in, and there's a dead zone between $550k and $750k.

My house is in that dead zone, but had zero curb appeal when the previous hillbilly owners were still living here. Oh, and the house at the end of the street blew up a few years back because it was a meth lab. lol I'm making it sound like I live in a hovel.
Where are you at? We were looking in Esco, Vista and Oceanside since it's a bit cheaper.
Old 09-26-2020, 05:35 PM   #2906
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Where are you at? We were looking in Esco, Vista and Oceanside since it's a bit cheaper.
Escondido has some nice old houses. Vista and Oceanside ehhhhhhh...

Are y'all selling your gas-powered vehicles and committing to living in CA?
Old 09-26-2020, 08:47 PM   #2907
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Escondido has some nice old houses. Vista and Oceanside ehhhhhhh...

Are y'all selling your gas-powered vehicles and committing to living in CA?
Duude just another reason to leave this state at least eventually...
Old 09-27-2020, 09:58 AM   #2908
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
You guys really think you're buying new gasoline burning cars anywhere at that point? You guys are gonna be on facebook talking about big government coming garage to garage to confiscate your V8s and forced induction devices.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:53 AM   #2909
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Quote:
I'm just north of Esco.

Ultimately, I'd like to live in Rainbow, west Valley Center, or De Luz. Decent houses there with a little land and a lot of privacy aren't cheap, though.

I have no problem with cars going electric. There's nothing new I'd consider buying and if I really, really wanted to drive something illegal in CA, I can always put it in inventory and slap a dealer plate on it.
Old 09-27-2020, 12:43 PM   #2910
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
You guys really think you're buying new gasoline burning cars anywhere at that point? You guys are gonna be on facebook talking about big government coming garage to garage to confiscate your V8s and forced induction devices.
Maybe not, but this state is already broke to start giving out EV's to everyone to replace the millions of gridlocked cars on the freeways everyday. We need more subways and trains, not more cars..