Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-25-2018, 05:17 PM   #751
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Gpu prices finally going back down.

As much bs as the gpp is, can't argue performance wise green team is on top. I'm looking for a 1440P/144hz card and the 2080 might be the ticket this year.
yeah, most likely the gpp protest will be the AIB partners than nvidia itself. they could have said no, like dell/hp.

so say no to asus, msi, gigabyte!!!

theres still nvidia vendors to choose from..
evga
zotac
galax
or their website

AMD...
sapphire
xfx
powercolor
his
asrock
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2018, 05:50 PM   #752
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
I have not bought into VR and I have mixed thoughts on it.

On the positive end, i am tempted by the vive pro that should be relased soon, if it hasnt already been out. The resolution is notably and not far off from 3440x1440. I would not mind playing skyrim, fallout 4, and doom again on it.

On the negative end, agreed there isnt enough games yet. For me, its still $700 (vive pro) for a toy that i may or may not end up using a whole. For me. Its also a hassle to set up soace around my desk area for vr. I dont have a lot of space where i live and I already have a full tower and larger monitor.

Im not saying ill never go VR, but id rather wait it out for now.
The Pro is out, Future linked a review Linus did of it above. Its cool, but really not a consumer product due to the price bump and lack of any real features that justify that bump.

The space thing is an issue I have too, no way I'd be able to set it up in my room, I'd need to either move my PC to the living room or have another entire PC setup for it. On top of that, I've watched some videos where it seems incredibly frustrating running into the barriers and being stuck in such a small area. There are suppose to be new light boxes coming out that expand the space you can use massively, but you also need a room big enough to even make use of them.

If I can find a great CL deal I might get one, but I think I am going to hold out for the next generation stuff at this point.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:35 AM   #753
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
On the negative end, agreed there isnt enough games yet. For me, its still $700 (vive pro) for a toy that i may or may not end up using a whole. For me. Its also a hassle to set up soace around my desk area for vr. I dont have a lot of space where i live and I already have a full tower and larger monitor.

Im not saying ill never go VR, but id rather wait it out for now.

That's my hang up. That is a lot of cash for something I will likely barely end up using. The space issue is real for a lot of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
yeah, most likely the gpp protest will be the AIB partners than nvidia itself. they could have said no, like dell/hp.

so say no to asus, msi, gigabyte!!!

theres still nvidia vendors to choose from..
evga
zotac
galax
or their website

AMD...
sapphire
xfx
powercolor
his
asrock

EVGA and XFX would be my AIB's of choice. I really hate the idea of going to the green team as AMD fanboi but vega 64 is not at where I want it to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb13 View Post
If I can find a great CL deal I might get one, but I think I am going to hold out for the next generation stuff at this point.

When the VR stuff hits sub 400 and it feels like I am immersed in the world with tons of unique game options then I could see it.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:47 PM   #754
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr3w9HKuTL8

Vega mcm ..multi chip module so 2 Vega on 1 chip vs gtx1100
Old 04-26-2018, 01:15 PM   #755
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
VR sets definitely arent a practical buy today.

I imagine most people would rather opt for a nicer monitor. Speaking of which, I have higher hopes for those obcene BFGD’s. Think they will be more reasonably priced after a year or so after release and perhaps have Freesync. Maybe not as immersive as VR but not too shabby either when you have a monitor that gargantum.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 03:31 PM   #756
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

https://wccftech.com/amd-has-working...ter-this-year/

7nm Vega
Old 04-27-2018, 12:17 AM   #757
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX8NEs5ZY5w
i want it now....
what's your hyped game?
Old 04-27-2018, 02:04 AM   #758
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
I need cyberpunk in my life.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:16 AM   #759
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

https://amp.tomshardware.com/news/in...amd,36967.html

Lol c'mon Intet. Can't let amd be complacent. I want to. See 2800x.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:55 PM   #760
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
https://amp.tomshardware.com/news/in...amd,36967.html

Lol c'mon Intet. Can't let amd be complacent. I want to. See 2800x.

I'm quite surprised by this. I need to buy some Amd stock
Old 04-28-2018, 05:30 PM   #761
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

should i get this...3440x1440 can oc to 120hz with HDR and freensync $580

or

acer 3840x1600 75hz thats max panel clock. fresnyc $800
Old 04-28-2018, 07:25 PM   #762
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIab3ZJz2Ec
Old 04-29-2018, 07:14 PM   #763
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kO9tH7kSyU
Old 04-30-2018, 10:41 AM   #764
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

https://wccftech.com/amd-7nm-vega-20...ked-up-to/amp/

This rumor/leak looks promising. Check the core clock. This will revive Vega. It Should be cheaper, clock higher And ability for mcm. Very promising.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:08 PM   #765
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
https://wccftech.com/amd-7nm-vega-20...ked-up-to/amp/

This rumor/leak looks promising. Check the core clock. This will revive Vega. It Should be cheaper, clock higher And ability for mcm. Very promising.
Quote:
With that being said, if Vega 20 manages to deliver similar performance to the Vega 64 Liquid at 1GHz we’re looking at no less than 70% faster performance per clock, which seems absolutely bonkers. The alternative hypothesis is that Vega 20 is running at a modest but unknown boost clock speed that 3DMark is just not picking on, although we’ve never seen boost functionality operational on any of AMD’s engineering samples in the past.

The truth most likely lies somewhere in the middle. We’re no doubt looking at a very early silicon here with nowhere near final clock speeds. Vega 20 isn’t expected to begin sampling until the end of the year and won’t hit shelves until next year. So take all of this with a grain of salt in the time being, more will surely come to light in the coming weeks and months

I'll take one ticket for the hype train please.

Mabye that are using that Ryzen money and funneling into the GPU side of the house. I need for team red to release a GPU that makes Nvidia respond like they did with the 290X.

I just want a GPU from the red team with 30% or greater performance than the 1080 ti.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:47 PM   #766
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Hopefully before the end of year, we wont still be using the 1080ti as the benchmark. Maybe next year will be more promising.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:09 PM   #767
litoflow
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
litoflow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
should i get this...3440x1440 can oc to 120hz with HDR and freensync $580

or

acer 3840x1600 75hz thats max panel clock. fresnyc $800
get a 24" or 27/28" for gaming with 144hz refresh rate. Overclocking isn't always guaranteed. If not gaming hard and just video editing then I recommend doing 32" 4k 60hz 1ms, that is plenty of fun. I have both worlds, 1440p @144hz 1ms and 4k @60hz 1ms running on my GTX 1080ti MSI gaming x trio and it is awesome.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:18 AM   #768
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Hopefully before the end of year, we wont still be using the 1080ti as the benchmark. Maybe next year will be more promising.

If Nvidia follows the usual pattern the 2070 would be the same performance as the 1080ti with the 2080 being better and then a 2080ti card early next year.

It has been pretty quiet on the green team, but with the 10 series approaching 2 years old this month (27th) it is definitely time for some new gpu's.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:40 AM   #769
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

There wasn't much gained from Titan v vs Xp thru dx11. I doubt new gtx xx80 can gain more performance from ti/Xp. Gtx xx80 will be ti/Xp performance with better low api support.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:03 PM   #770
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

https://wccftech.com/intel-kaby-lake...-discontinued/

Death to the quads
Old 05-01-2018, 02:38 PM   #771
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Well to the HEDT quads. They did not make much sense to start with

Quote:
They were based on a slightly enhanced 14nm+ node but provided lower PCIe lanes, quad cores on a HEDT platform (Core i5 came without multi-threading), had just dual channel memory support as opposed to a quad channel memory support on Skylake-X family and offered no performance gains over the processors that were already offered on the mainstream LGA 1151 (Z270) platform.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:46 AM   #772
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Eventually.

This was interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkcBASKLyeU
https://www.extremetech.com/computin...rse-every-year

This could be what amd is working on with cpu hbm. Remove those stalls/fetching.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:32 PM   #773
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHBsR1Y68G8

nice. 2700x 4.2 vs 7700k 5.0

also. i hope it's soon. computex lets go.
https://hothardware.com/news/intel-g...driver-release

it deserves a song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDpliUBNhrU
Old 05-04-2018, 12:26 AM   #774
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

z490 hmmmm
Old 05-04-2018, 06:34 PM   #775
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

https://www.hardocp.com/news/2018/05...ng_plug_on_gpp

be gone GPP....
Old 05-05-2018, 08:03 PM   #776
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C6GtZ6U_S8
Old 05-06-2018, 11:28 PM   #777
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

fucking genius!

rgb ssd
Old 05-07-2018, 08:12 AM   #778
Future240
Future Moderator

I knew it was coming.

Only things left are monitors with rgb strips built in and fan pumps with rgg logos.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:36 AM   #779
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
In the TechPowerUp database listing, the GTX 1180 is said to be based on the GV104 graphics chip, built on a 12nm process. It features 3,584 shader units and 224 texture mapping units — a noticeable increase over the GTX 1080’s 2,560 and 160 respectively. The core clock is said to be 1,405MHz at idle, boosting to 1,582MHz as required, though as WCCFTech highlights, clock speeds are the most likely aspect of this graphics card to change by its release — especially when you consider third-party overclocked versions.
In terms of memory, the GTX 1180 is said to sport a little more than 16GB of GGDR6, the new-generation of graphics memory. With a claimed memory clock of 1,500MHz (12,000 MHz effective), it delivers a bandwidth of 384 GBps. That’s 64 more than the GTX 1080.
One of the most impressive aspects of this card however, is its power draw. It’s said to require just 200 watts, which although more than the GTX 1080, is still significantly less than AMD’s last top-end cards, the Vega 56 and 64, which pull upwards of 300w in some settings.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/comput...card-database/
Old 05-08-2018, 11:19 AM   #780
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
lol sense of biased on that article. Ti pulls 300+w and 1080 pulls 200+w already.

anyways...

16gb of ddr6 definitely no. if it did... it wont be cheaper then XX80 normal price.

lol @ wcctech reference link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyr7uhinbd0