Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 01-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #121
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
The only thing, is that I hope Ron Paul isn't a modern day Ross Perot. I don't Mind RP's opinion, and have re considered many of my previous opinions on him, but there is no doubt that unless he wins, that he could draw the votes from the 'lesser' of the major 2 candidates, and potentially cause the 'most evil' to win.
There are two main things that must be addressed.

entitlements

and borrowing

If ron paul doesn't win, neither of those items will be addressed for another 4 years.. neither side wants to say "no" to their own group.. so if obama wins again.. who cares.. it'll just quicken the showdown between the haves and the have nots.. come get your "economic justice" at 200 yards... piss on them..
Old 01-05-2012, 01:18 AM   #122
20 til 3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
we just need a support for ron paul thread on here

but btw, i'm sure everyone saw CNN cutting off the military's support for ron paul... well dr. paul brought the young man on stage to redeem his speech and this is now what cnn has to say about the military vet.

Army soldier rallying for Paul violated military ban on political activity – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

shiots getting ridiculous... i shouldn't be stressing about who's getting elected, but i feel that if dr. paul isn't elected... life is basically over for everyone who isn't part of the game
Old 01-06-2012, 12:54 AM   #123
jvsc91talon

jvsc91talon is an unknown quantity at this point
RJF claiming that Ron Paul is a racist and hates Israel is the 2 most ignorant things said in this thread and possibly on this forum.

1. Libertarians are incapable of being racist.
2. Ron Paul took a BLACK man and his white wife in his care as a physician to deliver
their baby when no other doctor would. The baby was stillborn and because Ron Paul
felt bad for the couple Ron Paul took care of the bill.
3. Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate who brings up the issue that the war on drugs, the courts, and the death penalty are all biased towards minorities. Even says he will pardon all non violent drug offenders.

Now on Israel...
1. Anyone remember back in 1981 when Israel bombed an Iraq nuclear plant and everyone in congress, the U.N. and the Reagan administration disapproved it? Guess who stood up for Israel stating they have every right to defend themselves, thats right Ron Paul.
2. Ron Paul states that Israel has become too dependent on us and we should let them take care of themselves. Seems kinda Anti Israel right??? Well maybe we should listen to the Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu himself who stated and i quote " You (America) dont need to be nation building in Israel, were already built. You dont need to export democracy to Israel, we already got it. And you dont need to send American troops to Israel, WE DEFEND OURSELVES!!!"
jvsc91talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:01 AM   #124
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvsc91talon View Post
RJF claiming that Ron Paul is a racist and hates Israel is the 2 most ignorant things said in this thread and possibly on this forum.
THANK YOU

It's as if no one has ever payed attention to our nations recent history. They all just go off what the nightly news says.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:24 AM   #125
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 til 3 View Post
we just need a support for ron paul thread on here

but btw, i'm sure everyone saw CNN cutting off the military's support for ron paul... well dr. paul brought the young man on stage to redeem his speech and this is now what cnn has to say about the military vet.

Army soldier rallying for Paul violated military ban on political activity – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

shiots getting ridiculous... i shouldn't be stressing about who's getting elected, but i feel that if dr. paul isn't elected... life is basically over for everyone who isn't part of the game
If he had done it as a civilian he'd be fine. Everybody knows the score when they pick up that rifle. Don't know how this came as such a surprise.
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:28 AM   #126
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

I agree with most of Ron Paul's points.

I don't agree with his stand on health care reform. As a doctor he would want to take the liability off the docotor and put it back on the individual. I don't think malpractice as it stands is right but I don't want it the other way either.

I don't agree with his stand on education reform either. Tax credits for kids to go to any school is bullshit. I pay for my kids to go to private school to get them away from public school riff raff, the tax credits for kids to go to any school would undermind the whole concept of private school. Thats what i interpretted anyway.

I just like his whole feel. Do whatever the fuck you want so long as you aren't infringing on others civil liberties.

love with his immigration reform

Hate his stand on foreign policy. Nobody is gonna play fair when it comes to trade and our mindless self indulgence is gonna bury this country if it hasn't already.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:46 AM   #127
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelwinne View Post
Ever asked certain ppl why they voted for Obama? Oh by the way we're in the military we're not allowed to have opinions..
Little tired of the Obama voter bashing. Hindsight is a bitch. If he had turned things around all the non Obama voters would be the stupid-asses. Point is nobody knows how it'll turn out, all we can do is speculate. Obama voters were so hungry for change, that is why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
I hate that. Questioning the domestic decisions the PRESIDENT has made is not questioning the leadership of the COMMANDER IN CHIEF.
Military can voice their opinion so long as they don't make the association. The whole idea is to prevent it looking like the military as a whole backs a candidate. Like that jackass did the other night. Had he been in civilian clothes he'd have more than likely been fine.

That and it's a conflict of interest between your views and those of the commander in cheif. How can you follow someone's leadership wholeheartedly when you don't support his viewpoint in lieu of anothers.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #128
Grenade180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
Grenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grenade180sx
no matter who you vote for, these politcians once voted into office ALWAYS seem to go assbackward and do NOTHING they say they will do, if voted for.. Politicans only do what is in there best interest $$ wise and to keep a seat.

look at Obama, Just before reelection time and now"all the troops are coming home" and we killed osama bin laden.

hes a "make the people feel good kinda guy"

and im sick of these dudes always deciding to change there minds if money is thrown at them. He AND CONGRESS are damn criminals

Last edited by Grenade180sx; 01-06-2012 at 05:27 PM..
Grenade180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #129
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb4_96 View Post
How can you follow someone's leadership wholeheartedly when you don't support his viewpoint in lieu of anothers.
Simple. The Office of President and Commander in Chief are two separate offices held by one man. In many other countries the leader of the executive branch is not the Commander in Chief.

You can question Obama not pushing hard enough on his stimulus plan while not questioning whether or not he should step in on the indefinite curfew for soldiers in Korea.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #130
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Simple. The Office of President and Commander in Chief are two separate offices held by one man. In many other countries the leader of the executive branch is not the Commander in Chief.

You can question Obama not pushing hard enough on his stimulus plan while not questioning whether or not he should step in on the indefinite curfew for soldiers in Korea.
Of course you can. But that's not the ideology behind the legislation.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #131
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
I'm not too up on RP but I know I really dislike Obama. Guy plays more golf than bush did in his 8 years and spends more than bush did in his entire term, except he did it in under 2-3 years. Not to mention he is always dissin America along with his ugly wife.

HEY IRANZ, CAN WE HAS OUR UAV BACK PWEASE? lol what an idiot.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #132
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Blindly following leadership is about as unAmerican as it gets. No legislation is going to change that.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:06 PM   #133
Renzin

Renzin is on a distinguished road
So when you say "Ron Paul or Obama", what you mean is "Mitt Romney or Obama", right?

Let's all stop pretending that Ron Paul has a chance in hell on winning the primary. Because you know it's not going to happen.

So, Obama.

If there were some miraculous event that took place and Ron Paul made it, then Ron Paul.
Renzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #134
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzin View Post
So when you say "Ron Paul or Obama", what you mean is "Mitt Romney or Obama", right?

Let's all stop pretending that Ron Paul has a chance in hell on winning the primary. Because you know it's not going to happen.

So, Obama.

If there were some miraculous event that took place and Ron Paul made it, then Ron Paul.
That's OK, myself and a few hundred thousand others were faced with a similar, but slightly more palatable decision in 2008 (while you were in high school) with McCain vs Obama, and wrote in Ron Paul.

I'll do it again.

This thread is very telling, because although the "majority" out "there" tend to think Ron Paul is unelectable, no one really knows what would happen in a General against Obama. I tend to think he'd have at least as good a shot as Romney against Obama ~ so in my (hopeful) opinion, if he can continue to gain momentum against Romney he has a real shot of getting on the General ballot...

... and that's a victory for small government folks everywhere

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #135
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I'd rather have Obama again if it came down to Romney v Obama. His Bush era status quo bs is better than the crap the republicans have been spewing since his inauguration.

The only reason for RP not to win the primaries is peoples' assumption that he can't win. Don't vote based on the candidate's likelihood of winning, vote based on whether or not you want them to hold that office.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #136
ineedone
Zilvia Member

ineedone is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
That's OK, myself and a few hundred thousand others were faced with a similar, but slightly more palatable decision in 2008 (while you were in high school) with McCain vs Obama, and wrote in Ron Paul.

I'll do it again.

This thread is very telling, because although the "majority" out "there" tend to think Ron Paul is unelectable, no one really knows what would happen in a General against Obama. I tend to think he'd have at least as good a shot as Romney against Obama ~ so in my (hopeful) opinion, if he can continue to gain momentum against Romney he has a real shot of getting on the General ballot...

... and that's a victory for small government folks everywhere
RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Paul vs. Obama

Paul gets dominated. Sure some of his views seem really awesome... but in totality the dude is a phony. Everyone in Washington knows it, and anyone who is a wonky politico knows it. The only reason he is running for president this time around is so that he can set up his son Rand to have a nice career in politics. I can almost guarantee he does not run as an independent, which he would already be doing instead of wasting money running in the republican primary. For a guy who hates the federal government and government spending, he sure does bring home some hefty government money. Sure he votes against it, but only because his pork projects get attached to bills that are all but certain to pass. Seriously, Ron Paul is just as big of a liar/hypocrite as any other politician.
ineedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:24 AM   #137
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedone View Post
Seriously, Ron Paul is just as big of a liar/hypocrite as any other politician.
The point - you're missing it. You disappoint me.

He's a dissenting voice in a chorus of non-conservative republicans, who tend to change their stance on important as well as trivial issues regularly.

You're right that he won't run as an independent, and you're right that his campaign is not just about winning in 2012. Even if he doesn't make the general, the fact that he's a solid second is amazing. No one would have imagined he'd resonate like this 4 years ago... except those of us who wrote him in

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:31 AM   #138
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Phony? Proof or stfu.

His voting record is consistent throughout his entire political career and his opinions on the economy have always been on point.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:46 AM   #139
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Phony? Proof or stfu.

His voting record is consistent throughout his entire political career and his opinions on the economy have always been on point.
Is his economic opinions being on point your opinion or can you substantiate that? I don't know anything about his thoughts on the economy.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:24 AM   #140
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Kingbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
*good healthy discussion*
#0191 "Lin'da" 2AMR>2AMR>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
That's pretty cool. Never sell it, you'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
I donut see an FC on this page, man
Kingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:23 AM   #141
ineedone
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Phony? Proof or stfu.

Here, this is recent. His super fun newsletters "Old News"? "Rehashed for Over a Decade"?

Ron Paul clearly knew about the newsletters. He clearly justified the content. Ron Paul profited off of this racist content.

And on the Earmark double talk he does Ron Paul on 'Meet the Press' - NYTimes.com

and here Ron Paul defends seeking funds for Texas district - Houston Chronicle

Do you want more proof?
Old 01-11-2012, 06:32 AM   #142
ineedone
Zilvia Member

Quote:
The point - you're missing it. You disappoint me.

He's a dissenting voice in a chorus of non-conservative republicans, who tend to change their stance on important as well as trivial issues regularly.

You're right that he won't run as an independent, and you're right that his campaign is not just about winning in 2012. Even if he doesn't make the general, the fact that he's a solid second is amazing. No one would have imagined he'd resonate like this 4 years ago... except those of us who wrote him in
I think you are being hoodwinked. The guy could care less about what he actually says. What he is worried about is his money. He figured out a formula that would keep him in the Congress and allow him to raise lots of money by saying some ridiculous things or making impossible promises to members of the military.

If his campaign is not about winning the primary then what is it about? Being a solid second, which is highly doubtful, does not say much when you look at who he is running against. What is he resonating? It has been the same story for him for the last 20 some odd years, it is always the same thing. Young people get excited because he says some kinda true kinda crazy populous things. Than they find out he is just a fake and move on.

One of his number one beliefs was on term limits for members of congress... well, that is except for himself. I could keep going but it is easier to just sit back and watch it all happen. Be ready to feel let down real soon.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:03 AM   #143
Renzin

Renzin is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I'll do it again.
And now you actually think he has a chance to win the primary?

Mitt Romney, despite being a total fucking two-faced douchecanoe is going to win it.

Ron Paul will fade away shortly after.

And Obama is going to beat Romney in the election.

And lets be honest, Clinton is probably going to win after that.

And then maybe a Republican when people are sick of the lack of actual "change".

And then it starts again.

By this time, we will probably have been finished or be in war with Iran and some other random ME country. More NDAA/Patriot act things will have been signed, economy will still be shit, etc.

Etc, etc.

There's your forecast for the next 8 years :[
Renzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:35 AM   #144
rb20240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
rb20240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
And I'm back to believing a good percent of people are just plain dumb..
RP FTW.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #145
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb4_96 View Post
Is his economic opinions being on point your opinion or can you substantiate that? I don't know anything about his thoughts on the economy.
He called the crash of the .com bubble and said it would lead to a housing bubble if not taken car of. How's that for a start?
Old 01-12-2012, 04:50 AM   #146
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
He called the crash of the .com bubble and said it would lead to a housing bubble if not taken car of. How's that for a start?
Nice. Was not aware of any of that.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #147
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Ron Paul

I rock a Ron Paul sticker on my 240. I've gotten some dirty looks from Obama lovers, I've even been cut off by a prius. I'll stick by Ron Paul as I did last time because he is the only candidate that seems to give two shits about this country. Either way since the Electoral College decides the outcome of our election, there is no way Ron will win. So let's enjoy another 4.5 years of unemployment and inflation.
mantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #148
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantas View Post
I rock a Ron Paul sticker on my 240. I've gotten some dirty looks from Obama lovers, I've even been cut off by a prius. I'll stick by Ron Paul as I did last time because he is the only candidate that seems to give two shits about this country. Either way since the Electoral College decides the outcome of our election, there is no way Ron will win. So let's enjoy another 4.5 years of unemployment and inflation.
Really? You think there would be some sort of subversive plot to throw the election if Ron Paul won?
Old 01-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #149
SR240DET
Zilvia FREAK!

SR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to SR240DET
Look who contributed to their campaign. Ron paul doesn't have the right people on his side to make it into office, he hasn't been bought out, so he is clearly not going to make it.
SR240DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #150
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
how to get the youth vote 101: legalize marijuana

Kids, smoking anything is bad. Instead of legalizing mary jane, why not make cigs illegal? lol, /troll post