Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #6181
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
GOD that makes me want stack gauges anyone interested in Oldschool Greddy 60mm's?
ahaha

CleanAndLegit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #6182
Te37
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Te37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I love them! Stack gauges are stupid fast responsive! And there external aux warning outputs for fans, pumps, lights...etc make them king of gauges!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #6183
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Found this picture from last year while cleaning off my computer

kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #6184
R@ddy
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
R@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Stock clean ass brown interior, dyed carpet to black and s15 spec R seats.
Definitely need a new steering wheel. Thinking maybe a Nardi Torino
Don't mind the little "wet stain" on the seat, its just wet from cleaning them.
R@ddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #6185
chris_240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
chris_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Te37 View Post
I love them! Stack gauges are stupid fast responsive! And there external aux warning outputs for fans, pumps, lights...etc make them king of gauges!
Good to hear. I'm thinking about looking into Stack's stuff. I've started a Greddy collection, but they're getting harder to find and I like the Stack face more. I just wish the Stack stuff came in 60mm. I like my gauges on top of the dash, and 52mm looks kind of small up there.
chris_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:09 PM   #6186
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
^^ I'll sell you mine all 60mms boost oil press water temp with control boxes.
CleanAndLegit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #6187
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
ryandriftingfat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
ryandriftingfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #6188
HazeBlazer
Leaky Injector

HazeBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Some really nice seats here. What do you short guys like me do for the racing seats? I sit so low my eyes are barely looking over my door, maybe some adjustable custom brackets... Also ^^^^ sick, love that clean dash.
HazeBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #6189
Maiku240sxS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (37)
Maiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
^ I had a girlfriend who barely broke 5', she didn't have trouble seeing but reaching the pedals. Bucket seat do have some adjustment to raise and lower the seats.
Maiku240sxS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #6190
Got Insulin?
Leaky Injector

Got Insulin? is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazeBlazer View Post
Some really nice seats here. What do you short guys like me do for the racing seats? I sit so low my eyes are barely looking over my door, maybe some adjustable custom brackets... Also ^^^^ sick, love that clean dash.
A lot of the common seats are "European" sized, so they are more fit to slimmer/shorter builds. Try seats like the Cobra and Recaro that come from the Euro market; Cobra even has height adjustable padding to help get the best fir from your seat.
Got Insulin? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #6191
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
How tall are you? I'm 5'6" and I could reach the peddles no problem on my last setup (Zeta II bucket with Bride rails).
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:47 PM   #6192
Jersthecool
Zilvia Junkie

Jersthecool is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarom_ps13 View Post
Meh.. Have a nismo butt plug shift knob now.

Does anyone know where to get that bride seat center vent clip, it's too baller!
Jersthecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #6193
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
i got mines off of ebay about 5 years ago. it's actually a recaro seat
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #6194
Jersthecool
Zilvia Junkie

Jersthecool is an unknown quantity at this point
Haha good to know looked like a bride with gradation padding in the middle
Jersthecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #6195
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
ah and here's a link to one for sale now

Cellular Phone Holder Recaro Racing Seat Style Black and Gray Great Gift | eBay
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:49 AM   #6196
BoostinIX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
BoostinIX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to BoostinIX Send a message via AIM to BoostinIX Send a message via MSN to BoostinIX Send a message via Yahoo to BoostinIX
BoostinIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:39 AM   #6197
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
^^^^^ Looking good man!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #6198
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
ryandriftingfat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Get a seat with bottom mounts and use a bottom mount rail. Those always sit stupid high. Most of us have the opposite problem. I feel like I could mount my seat under the floor pan and still hit my head. I'm 6'2". My passenger is a bottom mount with the slider and I cannot sit comfortably in it.
ryandriftingfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:23 PM   #6199
HazeBlazer
Leaky Injector

HazeBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Insulin? View Post
A lot of the common seats are "European" sized, so they are more fit to slimmer/shorter builds. Try seats like the Cobra and Recaro that come from the Euro market; Cobra even has height adjustable padding to help get the best fir from your seat.
Wow some amazing replies here. Years back I owned an mk1 golf as my first and had a cheap racing seat put in there that sat too low and I couldn't do anything about it. I'll definitely check out those brands you mentioned with the adjustable padding, although they are the more expensive of brands, I'm willing to put premium cash, after all, it's really the platform I'll be ruling the streets with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
How tall are you? I'm 5'6" and I could reach the peddles no problem on my last setup (Zeta II bucket with Bride rails).
I'm 5'8, not super short but it's not the pedal I have trouble reaching, it's the fact that I'm not able to get a good comfortable view of around my car, which I really need to feel like a good confident driver when cutting through LA traffic and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandevilhorns View Post
Get a seat with bottom mounts and use a bottom mount rail. Those always sit stupid high. Most of us have the opposite problem. I feel like I could mount my seat under the floor pan and still hit my head. I'm 6'2". My passenger is a bottom mount with the slider and I cannot sit comfortably in it.
Damn, with a simple google search I see there are a good amount of aftermarket seat rail kits out there, I didn't even know these existed. I'd much rather sit stupid high than stupid low, I feel like a prairie dog trying to see around my car poking my head out all around. If the adjustable seats like the cobra don't do it, then I have your advice with these seat rail kits, that should take care of my problem.
HazeBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #6200
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinIX View Post
Looks good! I personally would prefer to hide that wire that goes to the dash gauge a little better, and keep the panels black, but that's just me... How do you like that steering column gauge holder? Does it block the view of the stock cluster at all? I've been thinking about picking that same one up to hold my wideband and boost gauge.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #6201
240Cali
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (4)
240Cali is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
tv looks soooo good on an s14
Old 02-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #6202
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Hell yea, I'd love to get a double DIN, but then I would have to figure out where to put 3 gauges that are currently in one of my DIN slots.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #6203
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
Hell yea, I'd love to get a double DIN, but then I would have to figure out where to put 3 gauges that are currently in one of my DIN slots.
I'm pretty sure that can be arranged I'll even make you combo deal on the double DIN and the gauge fabrication work.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #6204
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
In progress. . .

Old 02-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #6205
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
I'm pretty sure that can be arranged I'll even make you combo deal on the double DIN and the gauge fabrication work.
Haha, MAYBE late this summer. I'll see. I'd like to get a few things done before I start worrying about having a double DIN. Might just keep the single and get a double for my daily... once I buy one.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:10 AM   #6206
BoostinIX
Zilvia Addict

Send a message via ICQ to BoostinIX Send a message via AIM to BoostinIX Send a message via MSN to BoostinIX Send a message via Yahoo to BoostinIX
Quote:
Originally Posted by va240dude View Post
^^^^^ Looking good man!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Looks good! I personally would prefer to hide that wire that goes to the dash gauge a little better, and keep the panels black, but that's just me... How do you like that steering column gauge holder? Does it block the view of the stock cluster at all? I've been thinking about picking that same one up to hold my wideband and boost gauge.
Thanks! Don't have the stock cluster if you look closer It wasn't bad IIRC with the stock cluster, you couldn't see the needle base, but you could still see where the tips were landing. Your body height may affect this compared to me. I've actually got my boost and wideband there too lol.

I thought about running the loom to the rear for the dashboard gauges, but I reeeeeeeally didn't want to pull the dash lol. For what it is, it works.

The panels are painted in OEM paint, came out nicer than a rattle job. Done in Millennium Jade to match my valve cover

Beats the 3M carbon wrap it had before.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Cali View Post
tv looks soooo good on an s14
Double din/bluetooth/dvd....no carpet/sound deadening/deleted sunroof. Keep the comforts where you can! lol. I had the DIN gauges, but they were getting pretty hot down there, and they're a little more sensitive to heat than my head unit. Perfect excuse.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:56 AM   #6207
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
^^Looks way cleaner than it did before! Millenium jade was a nice touch for the console IMO. OEM black is just so... boring.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #6208
BoostinIX
Zilvia Addict

Thanks. I'm a sucker for smooth in a textured area, vs textured on textured.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #6209
jsu1012
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

@streetstyle_jay
jsu1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #6210
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Thanks for the added pic of how it looks if you're looking at it!

As for the DIN slot creating too much heat for the gauges, that didn't really even come to mind. I guess I'll install them and see how it goes from there.

Thanks!