Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 11:14 AM   #91
myreds14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
myreds14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm in San Diego and I know of a few good repair shops that do good, reliable decently priced work. Problem is, you said you're in Southeast SD, and these places are in North Park.

If that's not a problem, check out Nutek Auto Repair. Call them up, tell them what's wrong, and they can give you a good quote over the phone. Typically their quotes are right on. Otherwise, if you drop your car off for them to look at it, they'll call you and give you a quote over the phone before starting any work on it. I've taken a few trips there and have always been satisfied.

Another place is called Henry's Radiator repair. They do more than radiator work, so don't let the name fool you. I haven't taken my car here, but my Father-in-law swears by it. Been going there for 10+ years. I prefer Nutek.

Also, if you haven't already, check out SDDrift.com as a local forum with many 240 owners who might be able/willing to help you out.

I would offer physical help, but I don't have much time to offer with a new car on my hands and trying to sell the wife's old car...
Old 09-27-2008, 03:05 PM   #92
dumbblondeina240sx

Trader Rating: (0)
dumbblondeina240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^^ Thank you! ETA: Getting the car to North Park is feasible, I work for a tow truck company LOL Where is this Nutek place at?

I've got what I think is good news, I got somebody to do a compression check and all the cylinders were good.....but one of my spark plugs was messed up and the oil cap was gone! How the heck THAT happened, I have no idea. Only thing I can think of is maybe the tow truck driver who replaced the radiator hose took it off and forgot to put it back on, but I don't know why he'd do that. I had an oil change in May and nobody's touched that cap since.

Anyway, I guess maybe that explains why that add oil light came on and why oil smoke was coming from the engine? (It blew out oil and made an icky mess.)

That still doesn't explain the overheating problem, though.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:08 PM   #93
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
^No oil = no lubrication = lots and lots of heat = overheating.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:14 PM   #94
dumbblondeina240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
^No oil = no lubrication = lots and lots of heat = overheating.
Hmmmm, OK. It had plenty of oil still....but with that cap gone, it would take away the oil pressure and not circulate - right?
Old 09-27-2008, 03:25 PM   #95
kawika219
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
kawika219 is making a name for him/her selfkawika219 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
holy crap!!! am i still on zilvia???
Old 09-27-2008, 04:48 PM   #96
myreds14
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbblondeina240sx View Post
^^ Thank you! ETA: Getting the car to North Park is feasible, I work for a tow truck company LOL Where is this Nutek place at?
Nutek is here:3231 University Ave, San Diego, CA 92104 (Nutek Auto Repair Shop Inc) - Google Maps

Quote:
....but one of my spark plugs was messed up
That still doesn't explain the overheating problem, though.
When you say 'messed up', can you give detail, or at least a picture of it? It's possible you had detonation and this caused a variety of issues...

Read here for more: Detonation and Pre-Ignition
Old 09-27-2008, 05:57 PM   #97
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Holy hell, this is classic. You guys are latched on to this like a fat kid on a candy bar. A woman makes a post and suddenly members from the dark ages and ones who can't even spell '240SX' are jumping on the bandwagon to help out. I've never seen such an outpouring of effort.

I bet if she posted she was 60yrs old, 300lbs, and covered in warts you all would shut down and run. I guess it's true what I hear, car forum people really do have no life. Some of you guys need to buy a hooker and get it over with. I'll say it now, she's not doing any of you guys, no matter what you try.

I'm off to get drunk and talk to cougars myself. In person though.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
Old 09-27-2008, 06:11 PM   #98
myreds14
Leaky Injector

KA

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
Holy hell, this is classic. You guys are latched on to this like a fat kid on a candy bar. A woman makes a post and suddenly members from the dark ages and ones who can't even spell '240SX' are jumping on the bandwagon to help out. I've never seen such an outpouring of effort.

I bet if she posted she was 60yrs old, 300lbs, and covered in warts you all would shut down and run. I guess it's true what I hear, car forum people really do have no life. Some of you guys need to buy a hooker and get it over with. I'll say it now, she's not doing any of you guys, no matter what you try.

I live in San Diego and figured if I could help out a local, why not? I don't care what age, sex, religion, weight or race someone is, if I can help, I will.

For all we know, you're on you're way to pick up a drunk, 300 lb wart-covered 60 year old hooker. And guess what? If you came on here to ask for help, I would still offer help.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:58 PM   #99
neverrain
Zilvia Addict

neverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud of
Quote:
It had busted a radiator hose
This is a burn. I had my lower radiator hose explode in my engine bay and now there is a nice copper haze on the left side of the bay. I've tried everything to try and get this off. After washing it, the damn haze comes back when it dries. It's grrrrrrrrrrrr. If anyone has a suggestion on removing this (short of stripping the engine bay and sanding/repainting), please PM me.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:13 PM   #100
surreybc
Zilvia Junkie

surreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond reputesurreybc has a reputation beyond repute
I know this girl. I has to talk to her when my car got towed to impound lot. She is very young and slim. I thought she was a movie star at first.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:19 PM   #101
Cloud9
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Cloud9 is making a name for him/her selfCloud9 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideWell View Post
you should see the fool on NWN who put TSW's on his R33 GTS....
haha its a gtr if its the guy i kno.. and i was NOT there to help him with his choice, he has the same rims on his cobra...
Old 09-27-2008, 10:27 PM   #102
phishtank
Leaky Injector

phishtank is an unknown quantity at this point
Well first off let me start of by saying hello and welcome. Im new on here too but not new to nissans or nissan forums for that matter.

First off the reason your car probably overheated is that when the guy put the hose back on...he didnt get all the air out of your coolant system...thus for causing it to let the water boil and overheat. Thats why the first time you turned your heater on you had heat...and the second time you didnt. Either so much water had boiled out that there wasnt enough to circulate through the heater core or you just had that much damn air in the coolant system. Easy way to fix that is take your radiator cap off...fill it with as much water as you possibly can (while the engine is completely cold...dont want to cause other problems). After you do that start the car with the cap still off. While the car is running and warming up...use this time to make sure your coolant reservoir is at the right level. Once your engine warms up to running temp the thermostat should open causing the water to circulate and the air should come out through where the radiator cap goes. Add more water. If the thing starts blowing hot water everywhere its a good idea to back up...cut the car off...and let it cool down. This is how ive always bled the air out of my coolant system and its always worked. I had a sentra se-r that had just a tiny bit of air on the coolant and it caused the thing to overheat like crazy.

I hope that helps. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. I just bought an 89 coupe shell and put a single cam in it so i kinda know the stupid thing inside and out. Also Who ever made the comment about it costing 1500 bucks for another motor and blah blah. I picked up a ka24e with 113K miles on it, a 5 speed tranny, harness and ecu...for 375 bucks...and had it put in the car in two nights after coming home from work.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:49 PM   #103
Giebs
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
Giebs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:

lmao

my theory is, this is a social experiment for a midterm or something
Old 09-28-2008, 05:45 AM   #104
phishtank
Leaky Injector

As for projectrdm, I think your fill the general car forum persona better then anyone else. Your a dick...you run your mouth...and you pretend you can get laid so you dont feel so damn lame.

Some people just like to help out....so you can socially experiment my balls on your chin...

/end rant
Old 09-28-2008, 06:04 AM   #105
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews

well, seems like she's been helped quite a bit. this thread sure did move.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 09-28-2008, 06:30 AM   #106
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
Wow, some of these complex answers from people who have no clue what they're talking about are hilarious.

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Old 09-28-2008, 06:34 AM   #107
i8yourfwd
Zilvia FREAK!

i8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to i8yourfwd
Needs headlight fluid and a new flux capacitor

Quote:
S13SilviaGirl: Mel are you that big?
Old 09-28-2008, 06:50 AM   #108
kawika219
Zilvia Member

kawika219 is making a name for him/her selfkawika219 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:

my thoughts exactly. everyone is jocking on her shit and its fucking hilarious. know one has told her the infamous "search n00b!!!!". if it was a guy, everyone would be like "there's 39574984389209837847594+ threads about this, dont make another one and SEARCH NOOB!!!!!) the power of the pussy. its amazing what it does to pussy whipped men who dont know how to use the power of the dick
Old 09-28-2008, 07:42 AM   #109
devonkyle77
Post Whore!

devonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfectiondevonkyle77 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to devonkyle77
given the amount of attention this thread has gotten i am seriously considering changing my zilvia handle to "hotsinglemom362436"
Old 09-28-2008, 08:49 AM   #110
projectRDM
Post Whore!

projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by phishtank View Post
As for projectrdm, I think your fill the general car forum persona better then anyone else. Your a dick...you run your mouth...and you pretend you can get laid so you dont feel so damn lame.

Some people just like to help out....so you can socially experiment my balls on your chin...

/end rant
Your reading comprehension skills suck worse than a dead squirrel. Nowhere did I say it's wrong to help out a new member. Nowhere did I say I'm better than you for pointing that out. And if you have any clue who I am you'll shut the fuck up and sit back, I've answered more BS nonsense than anyone on this board for longer than you've known what a car is.

My point, for the people who failed 1st grade, is that anyone else asking this question who has a penis would get the 'search' flame for three posts and then disappear into last week's ignored threads. No one would bring it back to light, no one would care to do much other than offer a lame ass guess. Go back ten pages and you'll find plenty of threads like this. Mainly because it's a common question that anyone could have answered by searching. But in this thread, with the notion that the OP is cute, single, and has breasts, you guys are going way out of the way to help. Nothing wrong with that, I appreciate anyone willing to help. But the fact is none of you guys would put this much effort in if she was a dude. I congratulate us all for coming together as a community, but to suggest the ones helping are great members who do their part is BS. Most of you are just swinging the dick and trying to impress the OP by talking completely out of your ass.

Carry on. At least we know she'll be a welcome member for years to come.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
Old 09-28-2008, 06:53 PM   #111
dumbblondeina240sx

Dang. If I offended anyone by asking for help here, that was certainly not my intent. The screen name was meant to poke fun at myself for asking dumb questions because I don't know anything about cars.

And to everyone here who did give me suggestions etc., I really appreciate your help. I was really upset when I came on here and if nothing else, it helped me feel a lot better that this could be dealt with and wasn't going to be catastrophic.

Once again, I was simply looking for advice from people who are familiar with this kind of car, not trying to cause trouble, and I apologize to anyone who took that the wrong way.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:27 PM   #112
nrmskate
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
nrmskate has a spectacular aura aboutnrmskate has a spectacular aura aboutnrmskate has a spectacular aura aboutnrmskate has a spectacular aura aboutnrmskate has a spectacular aura aboutnrmskate has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
So whats your cars status atm?

Is it still overheating?
Old 09-28-2008, 07:36 PM   #113
dumbblondeina240sx

I haven't tried driving it yet, I'm scared to until I have it looked at (by somebody who *knows* how to work on these cars).

Here's the car:

Old 09-28-2008, 07:40 PM   #114
luisgonz
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
luisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to luisgonz
Throw it away. Like jimmy says. Or in some what in his words. Find a quick fling somewhere but zilvia. Look you Blonde San diego girl, Take it to a shop and call it even for putting this shit one here. Suck it up and deal with it. FUCKEN SHIT
Old 09-29-2008, 01:11 AM   #115
Jimmy Up
Zilvia.net GB Vendor

Trader Rating: (52)
Jimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 52 reviews
Quote:
Dang. If I offended anyone by asking for help here, that was certainly not my intent.

Most of zilvia can't handle women. Fact.

HAHAHAAHA (much love Lisa, much love)
Old 09-29-2008, 01:24 AM   #116
phishtank
Leaky Injector

Thats because most of zilvia dont like women...js...buncha queers.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:30 AM   #117
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
^Sandy vag?
Don't like it? Get the fuck out. Go join NICO or something.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:34 AM   #118
luisgonz
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
luisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to luisgonz
Everyone stop putting the pussy on the pedestal, Everyone has to learn on how to use the search button crap.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:03 AM   #119
kawika219
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisgonz View Post
Everyone stop putting the pussy on the pedestal, Everyone has to learn on how to use the search button crap.
quoted for truth. the end
Old 09-29-2008, 10:54 PM   #120
dumbblondeina240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisgonz View Post

OK Since my asking questions obviously offends people here, I'll move on. Thanks again to everybody who was helpful.
Closed Thread