Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-26-2007, 04:52 PM   #31
xpl2007
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
xpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfectionxpl2007 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
How B Love im installing rocker arm stoppers?

xpl2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2007, 04:52 PM   #32
kensreliableb18b
Zilvia Addict

Location: so cal - 626, 909, 562 and 949. 818 if i feel like running away
Trader Rating: (1)
kensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
take off the front chain guide.

u better hook up ur actuator.

as far as the sound goes, remove ras, inspect, reinstall. and try again.

if it was fine before the install you shouldnt need to bleed the lifters. troiuble shoot from obvious---->>less obvious, never the other way around.
kensreliableb18b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:36 AM   #33
fwuffy squirrel
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (26)
fwuffy squirrel is a jewel in the roughfwuffy squirrel is a jewel in the roughfwuffy squirrel is a jewel in the roughfwuffy squirrel is a jewel in the roughfwuffy squirrel is a jewel in the roughfwuffy squirrel is a jewel in the roughfwuffy squirrel is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fwuffy squirrel
I was thinking it could be the RAS and im thinking of buying some greddy ones and trying those. If it is my motor and not the RAS then Ill have 2 sets of ras for sale soon haha
fwuffy squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 12:34 PM   #34
B Love
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
B Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really niceB Love is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl2007 View Post
How B Love im installing rocker arm stoppers?
You probably dont need too if you dont hear them ticking but everytime I pull cams out I just bleed them anyways. Pm me if you need to bleed them I dont want to put a giant post on here
B Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:00 AM   #35
Z U L8R
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Z U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
when you loosened your cam cap bolts to get the ras's in there did you only take the one bolt out or did you loosen both bolts on each cap?
Old 10-28-2007, 01:14 AM   #36
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwuffy squirrel View Post

I just check right now and the car is fine on oil. (I checked it twice and it was the same both times.)
L |_//_| H
Its right here ^
isnt the oil level too high?

hope your problem is fixed.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:54 PM   #37
fwuffy squirrel
Zilvia Addict

fwuffy squirrel is a jewel in the roughfwuffy squirrel is a jewel in the roughfwuffy squirrel is a jewel in the roughfwuffy squirrel is a jewel in the roughfwuffy squirrel is a jewel in the roughfwuffy squirrel is a jewel in the roughfwuffy squirrel is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z U L8R View Post
when you loosened your cam cap bolts to get the ras's in there did you only take the one bolt out or did you loosen both bolts on each cap?
I loosened both both sides and caps were all the way off...Im hoping it just the RAS so im going to buy a greddy one tomorrow and put that in and see how everything goes. God everything is always so hard for me haha
Old 10-28-2007, 06:56 PM   #38
fwuffy squirrel
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERDdabuilder View Post
isnt the oil level too high?

hope your problem is fixed.

sorry I think I wrote that wrong

........L |_//_| H
Its right here ^

thx I hope its fixed by tomorrow so I could celebrate if not then who wants to buy some HKS RAS haha
Old 10-28-2007, 07:40 PM   #39
Chrischeezer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Chrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Your outa ur mind..
just remove the RAS and see if the sound goes away, no reason to buy another set.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:58 PM   #40
fwuffy squirrel
Zilvia Addict

omg your right....I guess ill just leave the ras out of my motor =( well you saved me $60 thx
Old 10-28-2007, 08:17 PM   #41
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i seen RAS on motors that still threw rockers - I'm not convinced they do anything - i still run them myself of course. better safe than sorry.

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:29 PM   #42
Z U L8R
Zilvia FREAK!

Z U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond repute
i think your lifters pumped up and injested air when you released all the pressure off of them, then you mash em back down with the cam caps and now it's putting a shit load of force on your cams. i think you should take em out and bleed em down.
Dave
Old 10-29-2007, 08:53 PM   #43
Z U L8R
Zilvia FREAK!

well?? any more news?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:00 PM   #44
sr20boostn20
Zilvia Junkie

sr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to sr20boostn20
Quote:
Originally Posted by smelly240 View Post
i seen RAS on motors that still threw rockers - I'm not convinced they do anything - i still run them myself of course. better safe than sorry.
true story it has happened to me

im sure it would happen more often though if i didnt have the ras
sr20boostn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:38 PM   #45
fwuffy squirrel
Zilvia Addict

okay update is the guy at the dealership was gone today and since there no really in depth walkthrough, im not going to try and bleed my lifters. I really want to do it but I cant even install RAS w/o messing 10 things up and I really need this car to be running.
I have decided to buy Greddy RAS because I want to know if it was the HKS RAS or my motor. If the greddy RAS make the same sound then I know the rocker arms arent seated properly and later on I will fix it.
Im going to the dealer tomorrow to get a bunch of things and tomorrow night 10/30 im gana do all the work and see what happens....with me luck
Old 09-30-2008, 01:33 PM   #46
djcobra
Zilvia Junkie

djcobra is making a name for him/her selfdjcobra is making a name for him/her selfdjcobra is making a name for him/her self
Any updates on the RAS?

Steve.
djcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:49 PM   #47
Erjay1
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Erjay1 is making a name for him/her selfErjay1 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I doubt its your RAS. It has something to do with the way you put "something" back. I had BC Valve Springs installed and after that my car does the same thing. Really bad grinding noise at start up and grinding/rattle at the top and bottom of a rev. I dont even have RAS. I just chose not to take my car back to this shop anymore. Still have the noise and has been there for over 6 months now. If you find a fix then let me know man. Goodluck.
Erjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:18 PM   #48
tt99ol
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
tt99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tt99ol
did you put the ras on the right sides
the big hole should be on the back
otherwise your cam lobes get no oil
just a thought