Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-23-2019, 12:33 PM   #1
Koullisgg

Trader Rating: (0)
Koullisgg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Power on Sr20det

Are those power figures normal on an sr20det ?
Specs :
Sr20det s13 StockBlock
Freedy intake manifold
Nismo injectors
Poncams
Japspeed manifold
Turbonetics wastegate
Gt2871 .64ar upgraded comppresor wheel billet
Hig boost 1.2bar
Low boost 1.0bar
98octane fuel
On aem ems 1

380 wheel on high boost
350whp on low boost
Very low timing
4th gear pull
Dyno run
Koullisgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2019, 01:14 PM   #2
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
38 ft*lbs of torque. YEP SOUNDS RIGHT TO ME

HAHAHAHA
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 01:15 PM   #3
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Lets see. Heres a stock redtop with a cam and a cheap top mount T3 turbo
7400cc injectors, power FC, 9* of timing, 18psi of boost, 93 octane pump fuel

looks about right for 18psi. The top mount made a bit more where the 2871r noses over because its out of breath at 380~ I guess
but the 2871r also made a bit more power from 5000rpm up so its a small trade

Next,
heres a comparison of topmount 50trim T3 vs 60-1 both using the same turbine , 93octane
On an S14 engine with VTC, factory intake manifold, and not-so-great exhaust manifold

Oh hai, 350/380

Use smoothing:0 for dyno graph evaluation/diagnostics in the future
Old 06-24-2019, 10:42 AM   #4
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
those seem like solid numbers, i'm guessing you're using at least 740cc injectors?
not sure how your 98oct compares to California gas, but if you're making that much power on only 1.2bar that's pretty good.

does your dyno measure tq in metric?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 12:09 PM   #5
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

kg-m it says on the side. But its hilarious to look at as it was ft-lbs which looks nice next to horsepower

I prefer when the two graphs together that they look similar
Old 06-24-2019, 12:36 PM   #6
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
kg-m it says on the side. But its hilarious to look at as it was ft-lbs which looks nice next to horsepower
I prefer when the two graphs together that they look similar
I missed that! the image is HUGE and I didn't scroll all the way over.

Quote:
Old 06-27-2019, 08:31 AM   #7
Koullisgg

Can i push it more or is it at the limits of the stock block
Old 06-27-2019, 08:55 AM   #8
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koullisgg View Post
Can i push it more or is it at the limits of the stock block
of course you CAN push it more, but would you rather have a 450whp motor that lasts 6 months? or a 380whp one that lasts 5 years?

personally if I was aiming for over 400whp, i'd either switch to e85, or build the bottom end. or both.

Quote:
Old 06-27-2019, 09:15 AM   #9
Koullisgg

sadly in Cyprus we do not have e85 ...i want to hit 400whp nothing more to be honest
Old 06-27-2019, 10:32 AM   #10
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
You're still in that grey area. In my opinion, anything over 350WHP should have some bottom end love. SR's tend to get finicky after that both on the bottom end [and top end] and start to become unreliable. Some have proven that theory wrong but most don't. I'm the more 'better safe than sorry' type of person. I'd rather overbuild to get reliability than push my limits and MAYBE get a result that lasts.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 02:32 PM   #11
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koullisgg View Post
sadly in Cyprus we do not have e85 ...i want to hit 400whp nothing more to be honest
I enjoy seeing people hitting nice numbers on 91
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 03:04 PM   #12
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
first post seems about right with that size of turbo and octane rating. you would pull better numbers with an E85 tune (i saw that its not available in your area, just stating)... but 350whp on 14psi is damn good!

if you wanna push more, i would highly suggest a fully forged bottom end. 400whp is that REALLY iffy range on SR bottom end parts. there have been a few builds that have popped up over the years pushing the 500hp range and those lasted roughly 2-3 years on stock internals. fully forged bottom end will last you a LONG time.

unlike what people on FB ignorantly believe, the SR is very stout in its bottom end in stock form, but when you want to start pushing that 500hp range... its better to upgrade to some better rods, pistons, bearings etc.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:22 PM   #13
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

funny how cast piston 2.0 limit is around 500

but cast piston 5L and 6L V8 engines which are around three times larger top out around 800-1200bhp

where did the other 500 go? Its like we are losing 1.8L engine somewhere
Old 06-27-2019, 07:43 PM   #14
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
has to do with displacement. youre talking about 8 pistons handling a lot less fuel per cylinder than a 4 cylinder handling alot more fuel per cylinder.

look at the size of injectors on a V8 build that produces 500-700hp versus a 4 cylinder producing the same. the V8 doesnt have to work nearly has to produce the same amount of power per cylinder, per liter versus a 4 cylinder.

Old 06-27-2019, 10:42 PM   #15
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
has to do with displacement. youre talking about 8 pistons handling a lot less fuel per cylinder than a 4 cylinder handling alot more fuel per cylinder.

look at the size of injectors on a V8 build that produces 500-700hp versus a 4 cylinder producing the same. the V8 doesnt have to work nearly has to produce the same amount of power per cylinder, per liter versus a 4 cylinder.
Not really what I meant ^^
what im saying is this:
2.0L = 500hp
3.0L = 750hp
4.0L = 1000hp
4.8L = 1200hp
6.0L = 1500hp

So 4.8L should do 1krwhp,

yet I'd feel funny about factory 4.8L lasting about much more than 700 to the tire. Where did ~230hp go?
If 850rwhp will "last forever" at 4.8L w/ factory engine then I guess its close. Will it though? And if so holy crap
Old 06-27-2019, 11:20 PM   #16
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
If 850rwhp will "last forever" at 4.8L w/ factory engine then I guess its close. Will it though? And if so holy crap
it seems like youre thinking of 90s numbers on larger displacement motors... most V8s are easily doing 400-500hp now and are easily capable of the 600-700hp range with minimal mods and reliable tuning.

my boss has a G8 putting over 500whp to the ground with a cam and ECM tuning. motor is rock solid. has been putting down those numbers daily driving for over 3-4 years now.

Old 06-27-2019, 11:52 PM   #17
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

4.8L is a V8. I say 4.8L V8 can do 850rwhp all day? at least 700

and you came back with most V8 are doing 500-700

my quote:
Quote:
factory 4.8L lasting about much more than 700 to the tire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
seems like youre thinking of 90s numbers on larger displacement motors... most V8s are easily doing 400-500hp now and are easily capable of the 600-700hp range
Can you see how this is confusing for me, when I said 700+ and you are telling me No, I'm confused because they do 700
isnt that the same number

lets get it straight then ill delete everything and turn it into something else

Last edited by Kingtal0n; 06-28-2019 at 12:26 AM..
Old 06-28-2019, 08:06 AM   #18
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
4.8L is a V8. I say 4.8L V8 can do 850rwhp all day? at least 700

and you came back with most V8 are doing 500-700
i was referring to most modern V8s that come in cars like Mustangs and Camaros.

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 06-28-2019 at 10:59 AM..
Old 06-28-2019, 10:07 AM   #19
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

I don't think there are very many factory cast piston engines with over 500 horsepower due to forced induction,

mainly because they are so easy to break. And the factory would have to repair it under warranty.

Probably the ones with blowers at 700hp you are thinking of have forged internals.

I don't know because I don't follow. maybe lets find an example or something