Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:44 AM   #1561
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
as for hte steerer....no. i have riserbars i put at the top when i go to the store for groceries and shit. for long(ish) riding (which i did yesterday) i put the drops back on.
if you say so.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2010, 06:49 AM   #1562
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
i do.......
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:59 PM   #1563
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
meh.

the new stuff at interbike, is fucking awesome.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:49 PM   #1564
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
The cops are now running Critical Mass in LA and really ruining it. Had to walk my bike 3 times it was moving so slow.
Lotta kids getting tickets and cuffed.

A motorcycle cop passed me within inches going 15 over what i was.
I yelled at him for almost clipping me, he slowed down to me.
I asked him WTF does he think he's doing, he's gonna seriously hurt someone.

He told me to move to the fucking side or get hit, then sped off again.

Halfway through the ride, the 2000 plus people turned into about 400.
real bummer.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:26 AM   #1565
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
just did critical mass here in San Diego.... I have to say it is easily the most retardedly awesome thing I have ever done. We did probably about a good 40~ish miles around San Diego. 2 miles of that was on the free way! It was fucking crazy splitting lanes and doing 35+ mph in the middle of traffic! Unfortunately I had popped a tire, but some bro gave me one for free but I didn't have my presta valve adapter so I ended up walking my bike to my friends house and missed the tail end of the ride which went into Coranado

Last edited by irax; 09-25-2010 at 10:17 AM..
irax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:40 PM   #1566
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
just did critical mass here in San Diego.... I have to say it is easily the most retardedly awesome thing I have ever done. We did probably about a good 40~ish miles around San Diego. 2 miles of that was on the free way! It was fucking crazy splitting lanes and doing 35+ mph in the middle of traffic! Unfortunately I had popped a tire, but some bro gave me one for free but I didn't have my presta valve adapter so I ended up walking my bike to my friends house and missed the tail end of the ride which went into Coranado
That sounds so much better then what the LA one has become

When I went 2 months ago it was also an awesome time.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:32 PM   #1567
kevmeistah21
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (68)
kevmeistah21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kevmeistah21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
That sounds so much better then what the LA one has become

When I went 2 months ago it was also an awesome time.
LACM is dead... Cops let us do our thing like 2 months ago and now taking over.. well they already took over after this past fridays ride.. LACM sucks when the ride goes east too, they should've kept it on the westside..

Did you stay for the whole ride eric? If so, where did they take the ride afterwards? i left after we stopped in chinatown and just rode back to pasadena.
Late Night Crew... #02 <3

Bought anything from me? Please leave me a review!

http://zilvia.net/f/private-sellers/...meistah21.html
kevmeistah21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:50 PM   #1568
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
finally finished it

I just need to lower the seat a lil bit.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:11 PM   #1569
yokotas13
Post Whore!

yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
really?
sohulda gotten a size smaller. bikes look goofy with no saddle to br drop
Old 09-26-2010, 09:17 PM   #1570
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
i need to lower the headset about the same amount so should look ok. Im missing a lockring on the headset so i just loctite it for now. Ill need to order one.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:10 PM   #1571
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Props man. It looks nice. Personally, i hate mismatched colors, but thats subjective.

Ride em cowboy! YEEEHAW!
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:17 PM   #1572
whiterps13
Zilvia Addict

whiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to behold
Yeah its cool, but its kind of like wearing brown dress shoes with a black belt.
All the girls are going to laugh at you.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:22 PM   #1573
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmeistah21 View Post
LACM is dead... Cops let us do our thing like 2 months ago and now taking over.. well they already took over after this past fridays ride.. LACM sucks when the ride goes east too, they should've kept it on the westside..

Did you stay for the whole ride eric? If so, where did they take the ride afterwards? i left after we stopped in chinatown and just rode back to pasadena.
I finished the ride to Western/Sunset.
It went over the bridge east, into east LA, then into Atwater, back over the bridge and onto hyperion, to santa monica to western/sunset.

It ended up only being a few hundred people, but we started running the lights and picking up the speed, so the ride actually got fun.
Plus it had enough room that i could wear my headphones and cruise over 15mph the whole time, sothat put me in a better mood.

If i go next month, i will prolly get a ticket, cause i am dont listening to them.
Hopefully more riders feel that way too.

Cops leading it is a bunch of BS, and stopping us in china town like that was a trick to get people to get bored and leave. and sadly it worked.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:54 PM   #1574
HyperTek
Post Whore!

I am missing the headset lockring, any idea what size it would be so I can order it online?

edit ill jus try my lbs, usually they suck tho

i posted on other forums and dudes hating on conversions? i dont see much difference beside not having a track drop out.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:01 AM   #1575
lolwutcj
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
lolwutcj is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
me and my leader!
[seat is lowered now]

still doin it sideways.
lolwutcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:50 AM   #1576
nathanong87
Post Whore!

your shorts need a bumper support to reduce the sag.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:31 PM   #1577
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
yesterday, some rando at starbucks said my bike was hella flush.... I just wanted to smack him so harrrrrd! But instead I asked him what he meant by my bike being hella flush he said "because everything fits so well together" then I cracked open a natty light My Life Is Bro!

wait... wrong forum! or is it?

LOL bike drop to handle bar or it isn't cool huh?

wow, bikes look goofy with the huge drop but I know why cyclists have a huge drop.. but for a street ridin fiixe doin trixs all day.. the person should set it up how the want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
edit ill jus try my lbs, usually they suck tho

i posted on other forums and dudes hating on conversions? i dont see much difference beside not having a track drop out.
that sucks that your local bike shop sucks, mine is fucking awesome! they hooked me up with tubes, a Specialized Track bar with grips, a riser bar, brakes. You can't just go to a bike shop once or twice and expect to be really cool with them. The geometry on a road bike is different than a track bike, but not by much really. But who cares, haters are gonna hate. Also some of them hate that your frame was way cheaper than theirs. There was this Japanese chick that road with me at CM and she spent $1200 on her frame and she doesn't even know what brand it is. JUST THE FRAME! The guy at Velocult didn't even know what brand it was.. $1200 bucks... I just... feel so sorry for her... like toss her salad out of sympathy kind of sorry
Old 09-28-2010, 09:15 PM   #1578
hailandkill
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
hailandkill is on the path to ruinhailandkill is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
like toss her salad out of sympathy kind of sorry

LOL

and damn $1200 for a frame, i'm good with my shitty old road bike frame.

this saturday we all road from jersey city to the gwb to brooklyn then manhattan/village/etc.

super fun shit, but man what's up with all the snobby fancy pants road bikers?

there was like groups and groups of them, just giving us the angry eye, meanwhile i'm giving them thumbs up for having a cool looking bike.

so we sped up and poo'd on all of them strugging to go uphill and slow downhill, pansies
hailandkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:28 AM   #1579
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
I love fixed gear,

but Ive been shopping for gears!

woooo
Old 09-29-2010, 10:10 AM   #1580
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanong87 View Post
your shorts need a bumper support to reduce the sag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB.Motoring View Post
I love fixed gear,

but Ive been shopping for gears!

woooo
The pictures of the area you ride, i would too.
Riding fixed seems like a waste when you have an opertunity to really open it up and hold some speed.

I will post pics of my bike later if im not to lazy,
basically an entire new bike this last weekend.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:48 PM   #1581
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Quote:
There was this Japanese chick that road with me at CM and she spent $1200 on her frame and she doesn't even know what brand it is. JUST THE FRAME! The guy at Velocult didn't even know what brand it was.. $1200 bucks... I just... feel so sorry for her... like toss her salad out of sympathy kind of sorry

i mean without you saying what brand it could be 1200 for a kilo tt frameset or maybe a eddy merckx or a carbon gan well pro? or cervelo p3? the possibilities are endless!

$1200 is alot of loot forsure. i think i sold my used blue 1-dent nagasawa for 900$ shipped just for the frame and similarly i sold my used mint red one for 1050$ shipped. FTP frameset was 420$ new (best 420$ i spent). cool story right?
Old 09-29-2010, 11:01 PM   #1582
irax
Post Whore!

anyone wtt a black 48 tooth square taper 170 length crank and chain ring set for a 160 or 165 length crank with 48 tooth chain ring in black ?
Old 09-30-2010, 08:51 AM   #1583
hailandkill
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
hailandkill is on the path to ruinhailandkill is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
why do you want shorter crank arms?

pedal less?

short legs?
hailandkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:34 AM   #1584
DeathMetal
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
DeathMetal is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone wanna school me on how to remove the entire crank and chainwheel assembly for an English BB on a Lotus bike from the 1980's.

It's a fucking long shot but I'm sure you guys can help.

I'm guessing you need a tool to get to the nuts inside the crank arms -,-
DeathMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:43 AM   #1585
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
why do you want shorter crank arms?

pedal less?

short legs?
short legs

and no pedal strike with front tire AND/OR ground.

remember that while turning, u lean the bike and CONTINUE pedaling on a fixed gear drive train.

most tracks bikes have higher bottom brackets compared to road bikes though.

pretty much i've use 165mm on all my bikes and i use 170mm on my road bike.

sugino grand mightys even come in 163mm sizes.

friends old 43mm 700c dolan pre cursa w/163mm grand mightys. he's like 5'2 ish
Old 09-30-2010, 09:45 AM   #1586
yokotas13
Post Whore!

weaker legs lol.
takes a boss to pump 170s
i kidd i kidd

nice bike
Old 09-30-2010, 11:17 AM   #1587
irax
Post Whore!

since my bike is a conversion, it is meant to run 27's.
and 170 is fine for 27's and I don't strike the ground at all when I used those wheels.
but now I run 700c and it hits the ground with just a modest lean.
It doesn't hit when I rock my 105 shimano pedals just my colony platforms.
160 or 165 cranks mean I would pedal faster not slower, but would it make it easier to pedal or to skid? I wouldn't think so, wouldn't there be less mechanical leverage.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:18 PM   #1588
nathanong87
Post Whore!

i am a bit hazy on my geometry, but i dont actually think shorter cranks are making your legs go faster.... because if u compare a 48t to 48t and 165 vs 170, the actual PCD of the chaingring (if the same) will still have to travel the same distance regardless of crank arm size... if both bikes are going at the same speed.

in essence, i think you simply lose leverage? but your legs are still rotating at the same rotational speed as someone with longer crank arms.

the difference in skidding a 165 vs 170 is negligible imho.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:33 PM   #1589
yokotas13
Post Whore!

thats like saying a 20" wheel rolls the same speed as a 19" wheel.

the actual circle you pedal is larger with a 170 vs 165. for SOME people its a huge diff. Ive been on 160s-170s and never mattered other than changing seat height.
170s do feel better skidding htan 160s to ME, but everyone is diff. I have 165 on the bike now, and its comfy. dunno what to say other htan that. i have no toe overlap, or anything, so whatever.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:50 PM   #1590
nativG20
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
nativG20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanong87 View Post
short legs

and no pedal strike with front tire AND/OR ground.

remember that while turning, u lean the bike and CONTINUE pedaling on a fixed gear drive train.

most tracks bikes have higher bottom brackets compared to road bikes though.

pretty much i've use 165mm on all my bikes and i use 170mm on my road bike.

sugino grand mightys even come in 163mm sizes.

friends old 43mm 700c dolan pre cursa w/163mm grand mightys. he's like 5'2 ish
that bike is sick, + 1 for the Hoegarden Bike stand!

WTF IS JUICE?? I WANT THAT PURPLE DRANK!!!
nativG20 is offline   Reply With Quote