Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 07:00 PM   #121
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Old documentary, but I just saw it on Netflix and thought it was pretty good. Anyone else see this?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2011, 02:10 PM   #122
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Chris Sheridan ex-Espn insider writer wrote on his blog that the Nba met yesturday and will be meeting today and tomorrow. He also said that they are much closer to a deal than most have reported. He said that they are roughly $173m away from a deal as well as the hard cap situation being figured out. Owners want a hard cap to go into effect in the next 3 years but if that happens the Miami Heat (the reason the nba did so well this year) would have to break up the big 3 as well as teams like Dallas, L.A, NY etc. On top of that the players would have to retroactively pay back an absurd amount of money back. The players are 100% against this so this would have to be worked out. Other than that I see the NBA season starting on time . Oh and there may be a third round in the NBA draft in the new cba. The way it will work is that the 15 lotto teams will get 2 picks each in the first round while the other teams start picking in the second round. This should help terribad teams like the Cav's and Wolves since they would get 2 chances to get it right in the first roumd without needing to trade for the picks.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #123
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I think a third round in the draft is a bad idea… Seriously, look at how many players in the FIRST round wind up not panning out in 3-5 seasons. All a third round would do is create more underclassmen entering the league, damning the overall talent levels with the ones that make it in for a couple years and damning the overall talent levels in college for the sheer number that leave.

And I write too!
Old 09-08-2011, 02:51 PM   #124
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
I think a third round in the draft is a bad idea… Seriously, look at how many players in the FIRST round wind up not panning out in 3-5 seasons. All a third round would do is create more underclassmen entering the league, damning the overall talent levels with the ones that make it in for a couple years and damning the overall talent levels in college for the sheer number that leave.
I agree 100% but I guess this is a way to help the mismanaged teams get better. If you look at it, the elite teams dont count on the draft to be competitive. I'm almost 100% sure that if there is a 3rd round 90% of those players dont make a roster. I see it as a small step towards shutting the mouths of the owners that brought this lockout in the first place dew to their terrible team management and bad contracts. If they can't make money picking up the best players in the draft they will have no one to blame but themselves.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #125
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
I don't see there being any NBA 'till 2012.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #126
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trust there will be Gnnr, the NBA had a huge year last season and the owners know that fans can quickly boycot the league all together. If that happens, no one makes money. Plus like I said they're not far away from a deal. I feel a deal will be reached by October 1st, commen sense will take control of this pissing contest with the owners and players
Old 09-08-2011, 09:47 PM   #127
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, but I have no faith in the parties involved. I really do think they are that stupid.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:05 AM   #128
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
Trust there will be Gnnr, the NBA had a huge year last season and the owners know that fans can quickly boycot the league all together. If that happens, no one makes money. Plus like I said they're not far away from a deal. I feel a deal will be reached by October 1st, commen sense will take control of this pissing contest with the owners and players
I REALLY want to 100% agree with you on this, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Yes, but I have no faith in the parties involved. I really do think they are that stupid.
part of me cant shake those same sentiments....

Why?

Stern.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 09-09-2011, 10:47 AM   #129
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
I REALLY want to 100% agree with you on this, but....

part of me cant shake those same sentiments....

Why?

Stern.
I agree that Stern is a tool much like Roger Godell for the NFL. My faith is in the fact that the owners are business men that understand they're playing with fire. Although both sides are keeping it hush hush it did get out that the players went into yesturdays meeting pleeding with the NBA and asking them what can be done to end this nonsense. At this point from what I have read, the owners undetstand that they can't have it 100% their way. Next Tuesday will be huge, the union will update the players as well as show them the proposed deal and the NBA will do the same with the owners. We can use next week as a good indicator for what is to come but even if nothing happens, as long as a deal is reached by october 1st, we will have 1 week of training camp, maybe a 2 game presseason and a 82 game season. This is why I still have hope, if a deal isn't reached on time, the 20 teams that claim to be losing money will lose alot more for years to come and that would make this whole process pointless.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:37 AM   #130
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Very happy to see that sports Illustrated reported that over the weekend Derrick Fisher had been texting players to be inshape and ready to start the season on time. Looks like the owners new proposal is much better than their first but we wont know that until thursday.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:03 AM   #131
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Ron Artest is now officially Metta World Peace...

in other news, I really think the NBA should do something about their D-League. Either use it well like in the MLB or just close it up altogether. When was the last time you heard some really hyped up player get called up to the NBA? MLB you hear about them almost every day. If the owners want to save money, disband the D-League altogether.

xquizitditz
Old 09-17-2011, 04:44 PM   #132
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
Ron Artest is now officially Metta World Peace...

in other news, I really think the NBA should do something about their D-League. Either use it well like in the MLB or just close it up altogether. When was the last time you heard some really hyped up player get called up to the NBA? MLB you hear about them almost every day. If the owners want to save money, disband the D-League altogether.
I am officially tired of ARTEST and his antics....

and good point about the D-league. They definitely need to take a lesson from MLB. As of right now, it's absolutely retarded.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 10-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #133
Gnnr
Post Whore!

For you Miami ppl, there will be a celebrity exhibition game with Wade and Lebron tonight on CBS4 at 7:30pm, then the broadcast will switch to My33 at 8:00PM.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #134
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Yep, the wife and I can't wait to see it. As far as the lockout goes, it's not 11:59pm on Monday yet so we may still have a full season.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:06 PM   #135
Riq
Zilvia Addict

OVERTIME! This game is turning out to be pretty epic. Lbj showing his post game and DWade blocking his shot. Melo looking pretty clutch with the 3 to send it to overtime.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:23 PM   #136
Riq
Zilvia Addict

As of 6pm eastern tonight the owners and players are back at a meeting. Here is to hoping they get it done tonight. That game lastnight only made me miss the NBA more...
Old 10-09-2011, 08:55 PM   #137
Gnnr
Post Whore!

I actually missed it and the DVR was set wrong. Watching the online stream.

All Star Classic « CBS Miami

Edit: Also found a youtube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5HFB7MPcIY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIcLJ5FjKhI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AbLbNDvlgA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_j1dJf-_po

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VaJ8b-Zmh0
Old 10-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #138
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
first two weeks are gone.

NBA cancels season's first two weeks - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN

dumb ass owners and players. they should just give 100% of the BRI to the fans LOL

xquizitditz
Old 10-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #139
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

dumb ass owners and players. they should just give 100% of the BRI to the fans LOL
Dumb owners not players. It's the owners that locked them out, its also the owners that are asking the players for everything including saving badly managed teams. The players have actually given the owners alot of what they want but the owners want more. Greed= fuck the fans, sadly enough. The owners claim a $300m loss, for each % point of BRI the players give up from their current 57%= $20m. The players have given up 4points= $80m and they were willing to give up one more to get it done. that would give the owners $100m of the claimed $300m loss (which by the way there is no proof of because the owners refuse to open the books). I'm angry because I remember how much it sucked during the strike in 98' but the players are truely not at fault on this one. It's all David Stern and the bunch of greed driven dicks that he has allowed to buy these franchises. It's not about winning like the owners claim, it's only about money and they feel like the fans are going to rush back as soon as they decide they should.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:35 AM   #140
lucky7
Post Whore!

lucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfection
Quote:

it's perfect. if the NBA never resumes, that would be more than fine.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:42 PM   #141
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
Please relegate yourself to threads on topics that interest you instead of dropping in on ones that don't just to fling shit, thank you.

Back to the topic at hand...

Amar'e Stoudemire believes NBA players will form own league if season is canceled - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN

Amar'e should PROBABLY shut the fuck up.
"man, if we don't have a league for 2-3 years and we want to play ball against top level talent, we're gonna have to start our own league"
That is laughable.

And I write too!
Old 10-12-2011, 06:29 PM   #142
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Quote:
You again? Go back to your hockey thread.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:37 PM   #143
lucky7
Post Whore!

lucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfection
the entire thing is a joke. why is it so necessary that guys that bounce a ball around be paid so much? all sports are the same. our society has its priorities severely mixed up. love or hate the sport, everyone is acting like a douche at current time.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:39 PM   #144
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Quote:
the entire thing is a joke. why is it so necessary that guys that bounce a ball around be paid so much? all sports are the same. our society has its priorities severely mixed up. love or hate the sport, everyone is acting like a douche at current time.
In their defense, they are the majority reason on why the owners bring in all that money.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:23 PM   #145
lucky7
Post Whore!

i'm not singling out the players, i feel they're all to blame. i just think it's a big joke. when baseball, football and hockey did it, i felt exactly the same way.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:45 PM   #146
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkademikONE View Post
You again? Go back to your hockey thread.
You know hockey has had the most work stoppages of all major sports?

Quote:
Profit sharing...
If the sport generates BILLIONS of dollars in revenue for tickets, advertising, merchandise and the likes, then it is ONLY FUCKING FAIR that the people bearing 100% of the physical risk be compensated in line with the money they generate. Sure, there are some that present a bit of fiduciary risk by not performing, but even THAT player generates more revenue for which he should be compensated than, say... a civil service job.
Using the standard "they make too much anyway" argument, the ones to bear the blame are NOT the players who make the money or the owners in position to share the profit, but the consumers who pay their money to see it.

And I write too!
Old 10-12-2011, 09:03 PM   #147
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
the entire thing is a joke. why is it so necessary that guys that bounce a ball around be paid so much? all sports are the same. our society has its priorities severely mixed up.
This makes no sense.

Sure being a brain surgeon, paramedic, armed forces, firefighter, police etc etc are careers that are more beneficial to society, but they do not operate in a setting where people pay admission to see their work.

Heck, if anything those things are actually freely available to see with the advent of reality TV and open heart surgeries being performed live over the internet and all.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:28 AM   #148
lucky7
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Using the standard "they make too much anyway" argument, the ones to bear the blame are NOT the players who make the money or the owners in position to share the profit, but the consumers who pay their money to see it.
i left out the fans because i didn't want to come back here. plain and simple, it's everyones fault, but mostly the fans for allowing the sport to get as big as it has. with the inception of all the major pro sports in the US, something got severely fucked along the way. you're right, it's a triple-edged sword at this point. if anything, i would likely side with the owners of the teams - profit sharing? go buy your own fucking team. i don't know all the details, but the basics are there.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:38 AM   #149
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
i left out the fans because i didn't want to come back here. plain and simple, it's everyones fault, but mostly the fans for allowing the sport to get as big as it has. with the inception of all the major pro sports in the US, something got severely fucked along the way. you're right, it's a triple-edged sword at this point. if anything, i would likely side with the owners of the teams - profit sharing? go buy your own fucking team. i don't know all the details, but the basics are there.
That same logic could be used to tell the owner s to go PLAY in their own league. Or other still, to ATTEMPT to try to sell a very fickle American public “professional” sports with anything less than the best product possible. The owners and players need one another, and the fact remains that the exorbitant salaries are (mostly) warranted and sometimes even UNDER played, based upon individual values to the team and league at large.
[explanation of that last sentence]
I am convinced that the owners crying about losing money are lying as well.

And I write too!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:13 AM   #150
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I'm starting to think you're a troll much like what espn's forums is filled with. Surely no American can possibly be this clueless and making such an ass of themselves on a sports thread. Please stick to what you know and let the big boys talk basketball. Fyi "BRI"=player salary, so if the owners take 100% of the profit the players play for FREE... ofcourse you would side with the owners, you have no clue how the sports economic system works, please educate yourself....
Closed Thread