Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:50 PM   #121
sleep
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
sleep is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee M Rolly View Post
wow you guys dont know your sims. "drift mode" does not change the physics on GT5. also the Forza 3 demo has a drift mode as well so stfu fanboys and dont base this game just from the demo and the video.

jc, the awesomeness i miss the most from forza 1 was the RB26 RWD swap. mmmmmm
I must have missed the part where he mentioned GT5 anywhere in his post...

He was referring to need for speed type games......

Stupid fanboys can't read anymore apparently.....................

OMG HOW COULD YOU BASE THE QUALITY OF A GAME OFF ITS GAMEPLAY!!!! STFU GAMEPLAY FANBOYS!!!!!!!

Seems like the sony fanboys have become extremely defensive since the announcement of forza 3....just look at the ign boards and the latest hands on with gt5's absolutely terrible year 2001 damage model.........

BTW, the drift 'mode' in forza 3 is nothing but a change from the lap timer, to a drift score..........no change whatsoever in the gameplay or physics engine. Please know what your talking about before making yourself look like an uneducated moron, while your telling other people to 'know your sims'

FYI, the Turn 10 developer named 'Landin' aka BLKJ Blasto does nothing but drift on forza....hence how they used team blackjack to create the drifting SCORING mode.....Also hence why Team blackjack has access to forza 3's final build to create the awe inspiring video a few posts above. Might add, that video was created entirely in game.

Are you upset that they delayed your beloved game yet ANOTHER YEAR?! By the time GT5 comes out, Forza 4 will be out on the xbox 720

Enjoy your $40 demo! I'll be competing on the leaderboards on my FREE demo.
sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2009, 11:06 PM   #122
sleep
Zilvia Addict

Last edited by sleep; 09-29-2009 at 01:28 AM..
Old 09-28-2009, 11:13 PM   #123
Farzam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
just downloaded the demo...

My friend's playing it right now and although I haven't played it yet it's obvious that it's f*ckin awesome.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:24 AM   #124
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleep View Post

OMG HOW COULD YOU BASE THE QUALITY OF A GAME OFF ITS GAMEPLAY!!!! STFU GAMEPLAY FANBOYS!!!!!!!

Seems like the sony fanboys have become extremely defensive since the announcement of forza 3....just look at the ign boards and the latest hands on with gt5's absolutely terrible year 2001 damage model.........

BTW, the drift 'mode' in forza 3 is nothing but a change from the lap timer, to a drift score..........no change whatsoever in the gameplay or physics engine. Please know what your talking about before making yourself look like an uneducated moron, while your telling other people to 'know your sims'

FYI, the Turn 10 developer named 'Landin' aka BLKJ Blasto does nothing but drift on forza....hence how they used team blackjack to create the drifting SCORING mode.....Also hence why Team blackjack has access to forza 3's final build to create the awe inspiring video a few posts above. Might add, that video was created entirely in game.

Are you upset that they delayed your beloved game yet ANOTHER YEAR?! By the time GT5 comes out, Forza 4 will be out on the xbox 720

Rolly is a Forza 1 og drifter..... like myself, he loves Forza
Old 09-29-2009, 02:03 AM   #125
JayDee M Rolly
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
JayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really nice
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JayDee M Rolly
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pignose4life View Post
On the other note I also recently tried GT5 prologue and wow that game is horrible. The physics on that feel like I'm playing an arcade game, and pretty much all the cars feel the same. I don't get what all the hype is about that game the graphics are also very weak on it.
reading comprehension much?

anyway, ive played Gran Turismo since it was out, and loved it. ive played forza since it was out, and also loved it. im pretty much open and know what each game lacks. so to say one game is better is wrong.

do you have the insane car and track selection that GT has on forza? no. do you have the insanely nice graphics that GT has? no

but does GT have the customizing that forza has? no
and does GT have the engine swaps that forza has? no

so believe me, i can enjoy both games. and can be a critic on both. i was very upset at forza 2, so im not expecting much from forza 3. ill be waiting until it comes out so it can change my opinion.

and that video did not impress me OTHER than the fact that:
1) kaido is back
2) rwd swaps?

the chrome on the wheels are too shiny, the car models are still too shiny, and the cars dont go low enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
are you an angel? because i want to put my penis in your vagina.
http://yourenotdown.net/
JayDee M Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:24 AM   #126
sleep
Zilvia Addict

Reading comprehension? Where in that guys post did he mention DRIFTING OR DRIFTING MODES!?

The post you were responding to was.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedCoupe View Post
I love how the drifting physics on the game are the exact same as the racing physics. Games that have a drift "mode" sucks, just have one physic like forza and be done makes the game so much better. Is there anyword that a 180 will be in the game for sure? i seen a couple of car list that had a 98 180sx listed. From the pics posted above it looks like the wheels fit better to. I cant wait until the 27th
Bugatti Veyron.....
YouTube - Forza Motorsport 3 - Presenting the Bugatti Veyron
Old 09-29-2009, 02:31 AM   #127
sleep
Zilvia Addict

Ride along in the FXX, complete with LCD rear view mirror
YouTube - Forza Motorsport 3: Behind The Wheel of the Ferrari FXX
Old 09-29-2009, 02:41 AM   #128
JayDee M Rolly
Nissanaholic!

JayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really nice
nope, i was responding to the one i quoted.

Quote:
Old 09-29-2009, 10:32 AM   #129
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
gentlemen, is the this argument really necessary
Old 09-29-2009, 10:36 AM   #130
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
For some reason I'm not really looking forward to this game much. I don't know why. Maybe it's because GT5 is on the horizon, or that I just don't want to stop playing Shadow Complex.

I dunno. I might pass on it all together.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:47 AM   #131
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
gentlemen, is the this argument really necessary
It really isn't. This is just another one of those arguments that will never be resolved. It's a fan-base kind of thing.

Anyway, that FXX interior is absolutely beautiful.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #132
sleep
Zilvia Addict

there are announcing a new car everyday until release.....

Here is todays. (yesterdays was the Koenigsegg CCGT)

2008 Aston Martin DBR9 #008
Car of the Day 9.29.09

Landin Williams and Evan Griffey, 9.29.2009

With its direct connect to the road it is easy to understand why Grand Touring racing has been a bright spot in motorsports. The cars are based on real road going models and their affluent buyers appreciate a lively racing pedigree. The DBR9, named after the 1959 Le Mans-winning and ’59 World Sportscar champion DBR1, is the race version of Aston Martin’s DB9.

In 2005 the DB9 shed its 007 libido and hit the racing scene like a ton of bricks, seeing the checkered flag in its debut race, the 12 Hours of Sebring. The DBR9 impressed further with back-to-back GT1 class wins at the famed 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2007 and 2008.

The Bell Motorsports #008 was one of the cars that helped put Aston Martin back on the map in sports car racing, campaigning in the American Le Mans series in 2008. The DBR9 is a serious racing machine with extensive use of carbon fiber parts everywhere on the body except the roof which is aluminum. A thunderous 6.0-liter, 620-horsepower V12 engine provides propulsion as the sleek coupe engages in wheel-to-wheel combat with its main rival in the American Le Mans Series; the Chevy Corvette. In FM3 the DBR9 is a no-nonsense drive that requires firm concentration and a soft touch. With its R2-826 rating big dividends and super quick lap times await intuitive drivers who can tame the beast.
2008 Aston Martin DBR9 #008 Gallery

They will all be posted here
Car of the Day | Forza Motorsport
Old 09-29-2009, 04:37 PM   #133
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
That cockpit looks like shit.

On par with 90's era flight sims.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:06 PM   #134
sleep
Zilvia Addict

yeah im not even too worried about the cockpit textures. I play with bumper cam anyway.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:30 PM   #135
sleep
Zilvia Addict

2008 BMW Motorsport Z4 M
Car of the Day 9.30.09

Landin Williams and Evan Griffey, 9.30.2009

Successor to the Z3 line, BMW’s E85 Z4 roadster launched in 2002, its automotive-art-sculpture looks serving as a sign of things to come from then BMW lead designer Chris Bangle. The M-Power division got involved when the M Roadster and E86 M Coupe dropped in 2006. With development dating back to the 3.0-liter straight six found in the E36 series, the Z4’s S54 engine carries on a tradition of performance and reliability. The plant pumps out 330 horsepower, tachs out at 8,000 rpm and when properly speed-shifted lays down 0-60s in the 4.8-second range in the 3200-pound Z4 M Coupe.

Despite growing up in the shadow of the venerable M3, the Z4 M Coupe has carved out a small racing pedigree of its own. BMW unveiled a turn-key racing version of the Z4 M Coupe in 2006. The racer, replete with wide-fender body work, aggressive aerodynamics and a 400-horse version of the S54, was designed for privateers and at $300,000-a-pop was an expensive date. The car has seen action in the Langstrecken Meisterschaft Nurburgring, a German endurance series held exclusively at the ‘ring as well as in other endurance events throughout Europe. So FM3 drivers have a worthy target to aim at and the knowledge that a properly built Z4 can be a serious sleeper. There is a grip of performance upgrades waiting in the tuning garage to make the dream a reality and painters will love the coupe’s long nose that beckons like a blank canvas.

2008 BMW Motorsport Z4 M Coupe

Old 09-30-2009, 06:12 PM   #136
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
alls i know is they better announce a 180sx/240sx.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:35 PM   #137
JayDee M Rolly
Nissanaholic!

they have S13 coupe, S14 zenki, and S15

not sure though because im not up to date with this fancy smanchy forza stuff

Quote:
Old 09-30-2009, 07:46 PM   #138
ilikenissans

ilikenissans is an unknown quantity at this point
Forza 3 is gonna be sick. I'm also thinking of getting a ps3 just for GT5. I still drift the Blitz Skyline on GT4.
ilikenissans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:11 PM   #139
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaguy240 View Post
alls i know is they better announce a 180sx/240sx.
i'm still waiting..

i mean they have delivered every other highly requested car. and the 180/240sx hatch was the most requested car.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:18 PM   #140
sleep
Zilvia Addict

yeah like the fox body mustang.....................
Old 09-30-2009, 10:27 PM   #141
Z33dori
Post Whore!

and the WS6
Old 10-01-2009, 02:26 PM   #142
sleep
Zilvia Addict

2008 Mazda #16 Dyson Racing Lola
Car of the Day 10.1.09

Landin Williams and Evan Griffey, 9.30.2009

lMazda has a long history in motorsport highlighted by the 1986 Bonneville speed record of 238.44 mph set in the Racing Beat RX-7 and a coveted overall win at the 1991 24 Hours of Le Mans in the four-rotor 787B. Mazda supports a number of race series in its Mazdaspeed Motorsports Development program, competes in the Speed World-Challenge and American Le Mans series and has an exceptional grassroots following so strong that Mazda is the most-raced nameplate in America.

Mazda’s most technically advanced racer on the track today is the Lola B09/86 MZR that battles in American Le Mans’ Prototype 2 category. Teaming with Dyson Racing with sponsorship from the BP energy company to field a pair of cars, the Mazda’s have fared well in their first year of competition. A Dyson Racing Lola B09/86 MZR took the class win at the company’s home track, Lime Rock in Connecticut, and the cars are currently running second and third in the season points.

The Lola B09/86 LMP2 Coupe is a one-piece carbon composite monocoque and is certified to ACO and FIA structural standards through 2012. The body panels feature lightweight pre-preg carbon composite construction. BP Dyson Racing Mazda coupes are powered by turbocharged 2.0-liter Mazda MZR-R engines prepared by Advanced Engine Research (AER) Ltd. Designed from a clean sheet of paper; the Mazda MZR race engine produces in excess of 500 horsepower. The plant features all-aluminum construction and is mounted as a semi-stressed member of the chassis via A-frames. The MZR is the smallest, lightest and most compact in the LMP class and there are no external belt drives or ancillaries. The camshafts, water pump and oil pump are internally driven by gears. The feisty 2.0-liter is backed by a six-speed sequential gearbox with a lightweight cast magnesium case that is designed to allow complete changes of gear ratios in 10 minutes without losing any oil.

The #16 Dyson Racing Lola B09/86 MZR brings a R1-943 rating to bear in Forza 3 which means it provides an intoxicating combination of grip and brute power. Use it like the fine precision instrument it is and dazzle your friends on X-Box Live.

2008 Mazda #16 Dyson Racing Lola Gallery

Old 10-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #143
allmotorking
Zilvia Member

allmotorking is making a name for him/her selfallmotorking is making a name for him/her self
check out this drifting teaser from the game. it's either going to get all the kids hopped up on going drifting in the canyons again or they will all stay home and play this game instead because it's cheaper. I vote for the latter.

YouTube - Forza Motorsport 3 Fujimi Kaido Reveal Trailer - Featuring Team Blackjack (BLKJ)

BTW GT5 is not coming out this year. Sony doesn't want to cannibalize the sale of the of the PSP version.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:26 PM   #144
sleep
Zilvia Addict

that damn video has been posted in this thread about 4 times already dude. Your like 2 weeks late.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #145
sleep
Zilvia Addict

#41 Team Davidoff McLaren F1 GTR
Car of the Day 10.2.09

Landin Williams and Evan Griffey, 1.1.0001

McLaren is known more for its F1 racing efforts where it won the 2008 world championship with Lewis Hamilton than its manufacture of road cars. The F1 team founded in 1963 by New Zealander Bruce McLaren merged with Ron Dennis’ Project Four Racing in 1981 and soon thereafter Dennis negotiated taking control of the enterprise.

Recently, McLaren has restructured and retooled creating McLaren Automotive to produce more road-going McLaren sports cars, joining the McLaren F1 and Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren. The epicenter of this effort is the McLaren Technology Centre in Woking, Surrey, United Kingdom, a ying-yang-shaped facility with one half being the building and the other a vast reflecting pond. Savvy FM3 gamers may choose to reflect upon the car that started it all; the McLaren F1.

The car in the spotlight today is one of the rare race-prepped versions. From the 100-car production run, only 28 were F1 GTR ‘long tail’ race cars, specially built for private customers competing in the BPR Global GT Series (current FIA GT) and the 24 Hours of Le Mans. As good as the F1 is on the road, going racing required much more than applying some stickers and adding safety equipment. The F1 needed aerodynamic downforce in a big way. The GTR retains the F1’s carbon fiber monocoque but the bodywork was all purpose built with a dramatically longer nose and tail, as well as a wider, more aggressive rear wing. The wheelwells were also widened to accommodate the largest tires rules would allow.

From its signature center driving position the McLaren offers a unique motoring experience. Its BMW M-Power-built 6.0-liter V12 deals out 600 horsepower and is one of the few engines to be detuned for racing. Road going F1’s are rated at 627, sprint 0-60 in 3.2 seconds and stretch out to a top speed of 240 mph. The road-going car was the world’s fastest production car for 12 years from its 1993 debut until the Koenigsegg CCR dethroned it. Racing GTR’s dominated at Le Mans taking first, third, fourth, fifth and 13th in the ’95 race. Team Davidoff won the GT class at Le Mans finishing second overall in 1997 wearing the infamous Gulf livery.

But the writing was on the wall and the program wound down as the ‘98 season approached. The Mercedes CLK-GTR was coming into its own. BMW officially left the F1 GTR effort after the ’97 season to work on its own Le Mans prototype. And finally, McLaren withdrew its factory teams. It should be noted that the GTR was a converted street car racing against clean-sheet racers. Team Davidoff and Parabolica Motorsports continued on with their aged cars in 1998, but could finish no better than fifth in a single race. Team Davidoff were the only ones to score points that season, finishing 6th in the teams championship. After 1998 the GT1 class was abolished due to the dominance by Mercedes Benz, and McLaren F1s never raced in FIA GT again.

The pedigree of the 1998 #41 Gulf Team Davidoff McLaren F1 GTR, the Last of the Mohicans, includes famed Le Mans. It retired but a sister car managed a fourth overall. The GTR’s impressive R2-846 is a testament to its legacy and the abilities of McLaren. Be wary, there was an editorial item in “Autoweek” back in the day touting a McLaren F1 replacement muffler costing $17,000, so watch that damage counter!

#41 Gulf Team Davidoff McLaren F1 GTR Gallery

Old 10-03-2009, 07:11 PM   #146
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
i DL the demo, but then i try to play it, and it says disk cannot be read. to remove disk from teh drive, clean it, and restart....but then i dont do anything and play forza, and its good to go....i dont understand
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:32 PM   #147
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
see, take out these dumbass race cars that no one uses and put more real cars in the game. shit in forza 2 there was like 12 different JGTC supras. i dont need 5 mazda LMP cars or a mclaren f1 gtr
Old 10-03-2009, 07:57 PM   #148
s14_sr20_silvia
Leaky Injector

s14_sr20_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

damn.. look at the track.. Road Atlanta.. I drove on this track last week and... damn.. that's spot on!

s14_sr20_silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:05 PM   #149
sleep
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaguy240 View Post
see, take out these dumbass race cars that no one uses and put more real cars in the game. shit in forza 2 there was like 12 different JGTC supras. i dont need 5 mazda LMP cars or a mclaren f1 gtr
yeah but this time around every single car in the game is fully paintable. Meaning the Race cars are more than likely going to get the most love from the Replica Livery painters. I cannot wait.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:09 PM   #150
sleep
Zilvia Addict