Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:59 PM   #1
coreansurfer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
coreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The Hyundai Genesis Coupe/Sedan thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmyIjNmTVoU

hmm i can't get the video to embed

any help?

coreansurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2008, 05:00 PM   #2
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
if it proves to be reliable it would make a decent drift car!

TEAM SUS*PECT
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:04 PM   #3
markyboi
Zilvia FREAK!

markyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to behold
ill take the silver one with the driver
markyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:26 PM   #4
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like it has the rear end of a 350z/Altima coupe mixed with the front of a G37...
I like it though.
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:30 PM   #5
buku_points
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
buku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
style is decent i wouldnt mind having it for a daily.
buku_points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:32 PM   #6
Suk02Si
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Suk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Pretty cool

msg lngth
Suk02Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:38 PM   #7
eclipse_dsm
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
eclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond reputeeclipse_dsm has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Nice.. Can't wait to see one of these on the streets.
eclipse_dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:39 PM   #8
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
vvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vvtisupra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXTHESUS*PECT View Post
if it proves to be reliable it would make a decent drift car!
meh screw reliable 10 year 100 k mile warantee
Old 03-19-2008, 05:48 PM   #9
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Location: Southern California...where i stretch out haters like a bad thong
Trader Rating: (40)
DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DUFFM4N Send a message via Yahoo to DUFFM4N
doesnt look 1/2 bad, but its still a Hyundai

things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who HUSTLE

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
DUFFM4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:02 PM   #10
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvtisupra View Post
meh screw reliable 10 year 100 k mile warantee
too bad once you put an intake on it the warranty no longer covers the car!

TEAM SUS*PECT
Old 03-19-2008, 07:03 PM   #11
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

but lets be honest. it shouldn't be any less reliable than my 18 year old car, plus the cops won't pull me over just for driving it, and it will pass smog on it's own!

TEAM SUS*PECT
Old 03-19-2008, 07:35 PM   #12
i need tires
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
i need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to i need tires
would be a very nice DD ive never had problem with Hyundai considering the one i bought was brand new so warranty took care of problems!
Old 03-19-2008, 08:08 PM   #13
icemhan_21
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
icemhan_21 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
rwd hyundai coupe for 2009..

looks like were gonna see a hyundai in some drift events soon.. base model gets a 2.0l turbochared engine making 223hp with a low 9.3:1 compression and can take boost up to 29 psi and a 3.8l engine making 306hp.. base curb weight is 3439 lbs..

heres a video of it..

New York 2008: Hyundai Genesis Coupe doing power s
icemhan_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:10 PM   #14
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Really? Cause there aren't already like 3 threads with all this info already...
Old 03-19-2008, 08:22 PM   #15
icemhan_21
Zilvia Member

sorry didnt notice that

Last edited by icemhan_21; 03-19-2008 at 09:20 PM..
Old 03-19-2008, 08:29 PM   #16
ravinaziankid
Zilvia Junkie

ravinaziankid will become famous soon enoughravinaziankid will become famous soon enoughravinaziankid will become famous soon enough
Nice...sold..i heard they're going for around 20k or less.
ravinaziankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:35 PM   #17
icemhan_21
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinaziankid View Post
Nice...sold..i heard they're going for around 20k or less.
yah itll be around that price range.. not bad for a 223hp turbocharged rwd car.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:39 PM   #18
ravinaziankid
Zilvia Junkie

ravinaziankid will become famous soon enoughravinaziankid will become famous soon enoughravinaziankid will become famous soon enough
I've been drooling over this car for a year now...Hyundai has proved itself to be reliable and has changed since back in the 90's. People will always say Hyundai sucks, but I've had a few hyundais and they were great to me besides some damage i did to it myself, but my parent's sonata is great and the warranty covers everything...even rats chewing on lines and destroying the sensors.
ravinaziankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:44 PM   #19
JeremyR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
JeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JeremyR
pretty sweet for a hyundai
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:47 PM   #20
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
hey if the aftermarket shows love to these cars.. these will be real hot

finally a new car that i could probably go for
Old 03-19-2008, 08:47 PM   #21
drift-it
BANNED

drift-it is making his/her stupidity well-knowndrift-it is making his/her stupidity well-knowndrift-it is making his/her stupidity well-knowndrift-it is making his/her stupidity well-knowndrift-it is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to drift-it
looks kind of like a newer s13 hatchback
drift-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:52 PM   #22
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
s13 hatch? ur smokin some good stuff man..

looks like a rwd rsx, altima coupe smashed together

so base model is a turbo 4 banger, and the higher end model is a 6 cylinder?? gimme the base please

hopefully hyundai did thier homework with teh suspension
Old 03-19-2008, 08:54 PM   #23
icemhan_21
Zilvia Member

they said that this car was also made for tuners thats why they biult an engine that can handle almost 30 psi stock..
Old 03-19-2008, 08:55 PM   #24
blitzkrgCT9A
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
blitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond reputeblitzkrgCT9A has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
looks good! could be a cheap alternative to drift
blitzkrgCT9A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:22 PM   #25
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
Even though this car is mentioned in Exitspeeds RWD thread, it deserves it's own thread.
Just not 4 of them.
I merged the Genesis coupe threads into this "official Genesis coupe thread."
Let the discussion continue
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:30 AM   #26
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreansurfer View Post
hmm i can't get the video to embed
any help?
You had it linking to a streetfire url...

Here

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmyIjNmTVoU[/ame]
Old 03-20-2008, 02:42 AM   #27
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
If nothing else I give Hyundai props for catering to the RWD sport compact market. There hasn't really been an affordable RWD coupe released in a while, at least none that I can think of. I'm actually pretty excited about this car.

The motor kind of looks like an SR haha.

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:51 AM   #28
markyboi
Zilvia FREAK!

markyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to behold
maybe hyundai recycled the old sr to save some cash? :lol:
markyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:12 AM   #29
coreansurfer
Zilvia FREAK!

coreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfection
im just dissapointed that it's going to be that heavy 3439 is pig status
coreansurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:08 AM   #30
Omarius Maximus
Zilvia Junkie

Omarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah it's a heavy freaking car, plus it looks derivative. Almost like some focus group got together and started picking out traits that they liked in cars that would be it's competitors and mashed them together.

On another note, Bob Lutz, GM's chairman said that they aren't gonna have a "base" camaro to compete with the 210 horsepower v6 mustang.

The cheapest camaro you can get will actually be priced between the mustang v6 and gt, come with a direct injection 3.6 V6 between 260-306hp, near 50-50 weight distribution and independant rear suspension. I'd rather "splurge" and buy that. At least that has some style.
Omarius Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote