Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM   #13021
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
250 w 93 octane gas only. 227 w 91 octane. interestingly around only 18 states now have 93. good thing its awd with all the torque but a shame no manual. would like to see how this compares to the gti. tempted to say veloster n too, but I almost forgot these are 'upscale' cars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._S...tane_Standards
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Yesterday, 09:01 PM   #13022
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is a jewel in the roughmechanicalmoron is a jewel in the roughmechanicalmoron is a jewel in the roughmechanicalmoron is a jewel in the roughmechanicalmoron is a jewel in the roughmechanicalmoron is a jewel in the roughmechanicalmoron is a jewel in the roughmechanicalmoron is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
How the hell is it Nissan pioneered the CVT and have the most issues with it? Every other automaker seems to be doing fine with their versions of it.
CVTs usually suck - it's a difficult mechanical thing to pull off in such a way that it doesn't suck.

Famous garbage for well over a decade, basically every model designed after 2000. Badly thought out, bad build quality, bad goals (sell throwaway soccer practice machines), bad materials.

It's not just transmissions, they've gotten in with a bad crowd there (jatco) but that's just because they're birds of a feather. They've got plenty of engines with a lifespan about equal to their transmissions, plenty of terrible ideas and corners cut in suspension, interior, computers and wiring, and then trying to seal all these systems against any mechanical repair - it's not just a box of broken, it's a WELDED SHUT box of broken.

They've been working on short term money and ephemeral "market gains", and burnt everything. They can't because they don't want to. The car you want to buy isn't the car they want to sell.

If their heart's not in it, there's nothing you can do but leave or get kicked more - it's just like any abusive relationship with a narcissist whole sold you a false bill of goods. They'll do it as long as you let them.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:06 PM   #13023
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
250 w 93 octane gas only. 227 w 91 octane. interestingly around only 18 states now have 93. good thing its awd with all the torque but a shame no manual. would like to see how this compares to the gti. tempted to say veloster n too, but I almost forgot these are 'upscale' cars.

Yeah we have across the whole state here. I haven?t put non premium in a car forever. A manual would have cemented it for me.
Old Yesterday, 09:11 PM   #13024
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is a jewel in the roughmechanicalmoron is a jewel in the roughmechanicalmoron is a jewel in the roughmechanicalmoron is a jewel in the roughmechanicalmoron is a jewel in the roughmechanicalmoron is a jewel in the roughmechanicalmoron is a jewel in the roughmechanicalmoron is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post

That's a not very meaningful scattering of notes of people's impressions, as far as I can tell.

For example, it implies that texas doesn't have much 93, which may be true as a percentage of stations, but they say that only 91 is available in el paso, and I'm sure 93 is, you just need to know if you're going to need it.

So I'm not sure it's that bleak in the other states, either. Maybe the dakotas or wyoming or something, but just finding a gas station there would probably be relief enough.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM   #13025
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I caved and bought a manual BRZ last week. If you haven't driven one yet you owe it to yourself to find one. It'd be nice if it had a turbo but that hasn't made a dent in my enjoyment.

Someone built what we've been asking for for fucking years and it's great, we should be talking about that more. It'd be nice if it was an IDx NISMO but Nissan has been full of shit for 15 years or more. Hell, we should be hyping a fourth gen Urge right now instead of squeezing out some interest in what's likely to be another over priced under performing Z.