Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #1
fourustwentius

Trader Rating: (0)
fourustwentius is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Why would Zilvia members be so spitefull?

I posted a question asking what people would buy for their car if stationed in Japan, and I was given statements that were purely offensive. Instead of understanding how to read someone’s question many responding members quickly (as if not reading entire threads) assumed I was asking for a long list of parts so I would not have to go look for myself. I have, and continue to look. I do my research every day just like every other hard working car lover. And more so, why would anyone assume this when the question I asked can in no way suggest such? Is it because I am new here it's "jump on the outsider" mentality? Why would it be difficult or offensive to hope someone would say, "I know I would buy some Z32 5 lug hubs."? That's all I was hoping to hear. But instead I was called lazy, unoriginal, a "fan boy" and sworn at. It would have taken less energy just to answer the question.

My past experience on many car forums has shown me that if I ask a question I will be met with helpful answers, or when people don't care for the question, no answer at all. And when I reported obviously offensive posts where people were using ugly language, because they obviously did not know what I was asking, I was told to get used to it or leave the site by the forum administrator.

Hopefully I was not wrong when I thought that car lovers would want to help a fellow car lover, and would not jump to conclusions when reading a question. I am only asking what someone else would get for their car if they were in JP. It's only a conversation? Why be so offended or try so hard to pin the "The outsider new guy is trying to take advantage of Zilvia members" on anyone coming here for help?

Just so I am completely clear, and there is no room for a few overly angry individuals to dictate how Zilvia as a whole responds; the question was just this...

"If you lived in Japan, what part or parts would you be looking for?".

And if that question offended anyone, why would they respond at all instead of reporting this terrible person and their dastardly ways.

I will remain a member here and keep asking questions and talking to people too. But please, don’t waste any time even pretending I exist if what I write it so anger inviting. I love you all through the bond of God in Christ Jesus, and forgive any that would spit in my face.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #2
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
i dunno, i've noticed this site start to get very immature lately. i didn't read your thread but thats VERY VERY fucked up for a mod to say that. i'm sure their is to sides to every story but damn.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #3
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Jeeze, are you 30 or 13?

Nissan has made the S-Chassis as applies to the interests of this site since 1989.
Fact is that there is nearly NOTHING that has not been discussed. That said, your post came across as...
Quote:
Hey guys, I am totally in Japan right now, are you impressed?
Cool, now that we have established that I am in Japan, where you guys totally are not, I was wondering what JDM parts I should be on the lookout for so I can build an AWESOME Sil-Eighty when I am back in the states. I plan to use the holy grail of JDM parts, since – as I said – I’m TOTALLY in JAPAN right now, and you guys are still in the states…
Did you know it is 1 o’clock tomorrow morning in Japan already?

Anyway, back to how I am in Japan and you guys aren’t. By the way, don’t send me any PM asking to find you any of these JDM parts I can get while in Japan. I am not trying to sell them, I am trying to have a superduper exclusive car when I get back. It will be comprised of parts that will serve as a lifetime reminder of the time I was in Japan.
When literally everyone failed to be immediately impressed by your being in Japan, the story - as observed - turned to...

Quote:
So what if I AM a fanboi, we all had to start somewhere right? I mean, aren’t these sites all about networking and sharing information and not being mean to every person who comes along? I see it, no one wants to help anyone who just wants some information that everyone here already apparently knows but instead wants ME to search for (probably because I am in Japan and they aren’t), they just want to flame me… Haters.
The fact here is that a LITTLE bit of searching would have turned up a collection of threads telling you PRECISELY what to look for.
Yes, this is a forum
Yes, forums are presented as think-tanks.

-BUT-
There is not a single individual ON. THIS. PLANET. who is interested in answering the same question every time it is asked, and with 9+ years of forum existence, 81k+ members and literally millions of posts, the next question I see asked by a new member that has not been answered SOMEWHERE will be the first.
Including the one you have asked in the starting of this thread.

I don't see you enjoying your time here very much if you continue down the path you have placed yourself on. The fact, however, is that you don't seem to get even that. With that in mind, there is not much I can do to help you, but I will ask that you refrain from starting another one of these threads if you intend to remain a member here any longer, the last one was not deleted for no reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
i dunno, i've noticed this site start to get very immature lately. i didn't read your thread but thats VERY VERY fucked up for a mod to say that. i'm sure their is to sides to every story but damn.
No mod "said that," and since you missed the thread in question, feel free to look in on it, here:

http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/361223...s13-japan.html

And I write too!
Closed Thread