Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:34 PM   #91
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
I've yet to see anything in 4K but laptop lol
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2016, 04:25 AM   #92
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtechpenguin View Post
Curve is definitely a joke.

I bought the new 2016 Vizio P-55
and even that's pretty gimmicky as far as having a tablet as a remote.
But otherwise it's a great TV with some serious blacks.

Dude that remote is sick!!!
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 09:33 AM   #93
mtechpenguin

Trader Rating: (0)
mtechpenguin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
Dude that remote is sick!!!
Sometimes I'd rather just have a normal app TV haha.
It's slow at times, but just a minor inconvenience. Love the TV though
mtechpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 12:08 PM   #94
RB IMPORTS
Leaky Injector

RB IMPORTS is an unknown quantity at this point
There's not much content for 4K ,cable boxes still in 720p lol
RB IMPORTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 12:11 PM   #95
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
I was looking at Ultra HD players and seems only three good options. Panasonic (600) Samsung (430) and third best being the new Xbox One.

Either way more then I want to spend
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 06:28 PM   #96
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
I was all about it.. Now its like ehhhh....

I would get one only if its like 75" Even thats a maybe
I plan to get a curved screen once I upgrade my front projector. But I'm looking at a 130" curved screen. I'm hyped on being able to sit a lot closer (4K) and the curved screen would improve the immersiveness of the content.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 09:34 PM   #97
Felipe
Post Whore!

Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
130"

Late Night Crew #1
Old 12-08-2016, 12:04 PM   #98
Nissan2nr22
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Nissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
waste of time at least for now, i remember when plasmas came out... and then i remember when leds came out... same shit everytime
Nissan2nr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 04:37 PM   #99
Felipe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan2nr22 View Post
waste of time at least for now, i remember when plasmas came out... and then i remember when leds came out... same shit everytime
Not quite the same shit... Since they are getting better and better.

Kinda like a new 2017 vs a 2000 car. They will always have something new to bring to the market.
Late Night Crew #1
Old 12-09-2016, 06:59 AM   #100
Nissan2nr22
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Nissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Same shit as far as prices...... taxed at first and then drop to nothing before you know it, that's what most of the comments are saying, wait for it, not worth it now, etc. Thats what I was referring to.
Nissan2nr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 03:01 PM   #101
Felipe
Post Whore!

Its all about personal choice and preference.

Type A:

Type B:

Wait for it to go down.
(usually a year or so)
Till the next "in thing" (OLED 4K) grabs the populations eye.

Reminds of that BestBuy commercial where guy buys new tv and newer version comes out lol
"but i just bought this one! "
Late Night Crew #1
Old 12-10-2016, 10:07 PM   #102
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan2nr22 View Post
Except plasma sets have better PQ, black levels, colours, and motion then LED sets...

Old 12-11-2016, 03:46 AM   #103
Felipe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Except plasma sets have better PQ, black levels, colours, and motion then LED sets...
Late Night Crew #1
Old 12-11-2016, 05:44 AM   #104
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
lcd matured tech ips/va/led/nano, hdr, 4k, latency/motion, smaller profiles, power consumption. imo surpassed or pared with plasma quality.

oled is the next step.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 03:47 PM   #105
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
This man gets it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
lcd matured tech ips/va/led/nano, hdr, 4k, latency/motion, smaller profiles, power consumption. imo surpassed or pared with plasma quality.

oled is the next step.
I have a flag ship Samsung LED set and I prefer to watch everything on my flagship plasma... Each and every time!

I do agree, OLED is the only tech that I'll replace my plasma with. And I've been watching the higher end LG set pricing. It's almost in the range that I'd be willing to spend on a 65"model.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:03 AM   #106
Felipe
Post Whore!

Quote:

I do agree, OLED is the only tech that I'll replace my plasma with. And I've been watching the higher end LG set pricing. It's almost in the range that I'd be willing to spend on a 65"model.
Yup... Maybe next years Black Friday.

If a plasma had sex with a led tv it would have an oled baby lol

Thats my next goal... Oled 65"/75" anything bigger is a fucken beast lol might need 8k resolution
Late Night Crew #1
Old 12-12-2016, 01:58 PM   #107
heychris
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
heychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Vizio M or P series...these are getting great review and they are reasonably priced...I have a 70 inch M and it is incredible.

Ch

sent from knee deep in snow
heychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 08:23 PM   #108
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Quote:
That's why I snatched up one of Samsung's last plasma models before they switched to LED only.

Unfortunately it didn't last 2 years before it developed a screen edge/raspberry defect. I'm torn between spending big bucks on OLED now or going used for a plasma. I watch a ton of football and LED can't hold a candle to plasma's refresh rate.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:46 PM   #109
Felipe
Post Whore!

How deep are your pockets?

And no tricky_ab you cannot reply to this question lol

Late Night Crew #1
Old 12-12-2016, 10:15 PM   #110
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Deep enough to warrant a 103" flush mount projector screen setup. However I've got granite counter tops coming in soon and want to still get at least a 65" OLED panel when not using the projector. FML!
Old 12-13-2016, 03:49 AM   #111
Felipe
Post Whore!

What will you be pairing it with? 4k player (movie only set up)? Cable (tv viewing only)?

And going from a 103" to a 65" is quite a big gap its going to make the 65" look dmall. Your probably gonna want something bigger than a 65" if you are going to switch back and forth from that 103" screen.
Late Night Crew #1
Old 12-13-2016, 09:53 AM   #112
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

I'd more than likely pair it with a Playstation 4 Pro for 4k/HDR.

I'm more than likely going to just get a 75" panel and skip the projector for now. I may hold out for just a little bit longer and see what the prices for OLED do.

Last edited by Agamemnon; 12-13-2016 at 07:22 PM..
Old 12-13-2016, 01:16 PM   #113
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
I'm still holding out on getting a 4K TV.

Once manufacturers get a consistent standard on HDR, I might give it another look. So far it's looking like HDR-10 is the way to go. While Dolby Vision is technically better, it's also costly to manufacturers due to licensing.

This picture sold me on the concept:

Got it from this nice article (imo): http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/...-get-a-new-tv/

I like OLED display panels too, but I haven't seen any noticeable downward trend on costs with the exception of very large displays (which i have no space for).
Old 12-13-2016, 04:22 PM   #114
Felipe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I'd more than likely pair it with a Playstation 4 Pro for $k/HDR.

I'm more than likely going to just get a 75" panel and skip the projector for now. I may hold out for just a little bit longer and see what the prices for OLED do.
If you going to wait for OLED get something good thats going to hold up for a few years. 74" is a good size to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
I'm still holding out on getting a 4K TV.

Once manufacturers get a consistent standard on HDR, I might give it another look. So far it's looking like HDR-10 is the way to go. While Dolby Vision is technically better, it's also costly to manufacturers due to licensing.

This picture sold me on the concept:

Got it from this nice article (imo): http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/...-get-a-new-tv/

I like OLED display panels too, but I haven't seen any noticeable downward trend on costs with the exception of very large displays (which i have no space for).
I noticed the difference on that picture. If you have a wall you have room lol
Late Night Crew #1
Old 12-15-2016, 07:15 PM   #115
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
How deep are your pockets?

And no tricky_ab you cannot reply to this question lol

Dang... Oh okay

Old 12-15-2016, 09:49 PM   #116
Felipe
Post Whore!

Ill willing to wait till oled tech is really at its masters stage. Oled still is at its begging stages and its awesome. plus hopefully by then a decent real 4k player surround sound set up will be at my price range.
Late Night Crew #1
Old 12-15-2016, 11:46 PM   #117
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
You guys are still chatting away on 4K TVs when 8K technology has already started to be implemented in new movies. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is filmed in 8K. 4K is already on its way out the door.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:10 AM   #118
Felipe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverarrow27 View Post
You guys are still chatting away on 4K TVs when 8K technology has already started to be implemented in new movies. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is filmed in 8K. 4K is already on its way out the door.
I wish lol

But the movie industry can barely keep up with 4K and even that is too expensive for them. At 8 K they would go broke LOL

Even "4k filming " is not even 4k ....
http://www.highdefdigest.com/blog/ul...not-always-4k/
Late Night Crew #1
Old 12-18-2016, 02:37 PM   #119
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Ill willing to wait till oled tech is really at its masters stage. Oled still is at its begging stages and its awesome. plus hopefully by then a decent real 4k player surround sound set up will be at my price range.
For me, I'm looking to purchase in the next year or two. We are getting to the stage where manufactures have set their lines in the sand, and we know where they stand with different tech. I just wish there were more OLED brands since the manufacturing costs are still quite high (verses the defect rates).

At this rate I might have a 4K projector before my OLED set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverarrow27 View Post
Japan has been messing with 8K cameras for a minute now. The trickle down of tech is QUITE a few years off.

Old 12-19-2016, 04:26 AM   #120
Felipe
Post Whore!

Yeah they going to squeeze every sale out of the 4k led tv's. To top it off the wheel just started rolling this year (price and demand). I don't really see it stopping anytime soon. Even if oled starts catching people's eyes. They will still detour you into buying 4k led. Lol

But yeah just get something that will last but nothing to crazy
Late Night Crew #1