Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #3031
ShadowMan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
ShadowMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
*Impractical. And that's why we have a Highlander- for kid hauling. I don't NEED this to cart kids around, but I want to at least have the option when I'd like to bring everyone along.
Highlander, schmighlander. Last I checked, they didnt have sliding passenger doors for when your running late and need the kids to just tuck and roll out of the vehicle as you "coast" by their school. Plus, with a minivan, you can put a sticker of a stick figure family on the back window to show all the pedophiles how many kids you have and what their names are. hahaaha. In all seriousness tho, the evo looks clean. Glad you were finally able to pick one up that you liked.
Just let me know when your ready for a real car, and I'll find you a top notch minvan with all the trimmings, flip down tv's with cracked screens, busted ass trim with peenies stuffed behind it, and ketchup and gum already stuck in the carpet, the list of mods goes on and on. Let me know.......
Old 11-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #3032
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No one with less than 4 kids needs a minivan.

Let Damon manage his life/family.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #3033
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlugo711 View Post
Going with RAYS CO. Wheels?.. might as well buy a Sparco or a Bride!
What the hell does this even mean!?!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:35 PM   #3034
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
^Was trying to figure out the same thing...
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #3035
MAHALOHAWAII
Leaky Injector

MAHALOHAWAII is an unknown quantity at this point
this isnt where i parked my car.
MAHALOHAWAII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #3036
s0fa king
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
s0fa king is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Evo looks to be in great shape. Congrats.

MR tails looked better IMO
s0fa king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:51 AM   #3037
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
oh man, he finally gets a car, it's a beauty, and people still bitching...

Everyone's living vicariously through you Damon :P

Evo looks nice, btw, good luck with the mini-build
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #3038
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0fa king View Post
MR tails looked better IMO
They were knock offs, so naturally they had to go. OEM VII tails will be in sometime in the next month or so.

I picked up some stock lug nuts last night (thanks Travis!) and had my Hankook iCept Evo W310 snow tires installed by my good friend Chris at Discount Tire this morning. I think the car looks a ton better on the stock wheels than the XXRs it came with. Excited to put some different wheels on it in the spring after the coilovers are installed, but these will be great for winter duty:

Pretty cool to have a car they can actually get on the lift! lol:

I also picked up a center console to repair a hole that was drilled into the one that came with the car, and a cig lighter (was missing.):

If my other parts from MitsubishiParts.net are here by the weekend, I'll do all of my interior work then. I've also got something coming that should be here tomorrow, so I'll be installing that this weekend as well. Excited to spend a little time on the car.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #3039
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #3040
Olly
Zilvia Member

Olly is making a name for him/her selfOlly is making a name for him/her self

This looks great man.. Much better.
Olly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #3041
ShadowMan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
ShadowMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
No one with less than 4 kids needs a minivan.

Let Damon manage his life/family.
Hahahahhahaha. I'm sure he can take a joke, after all, he has a build thread on zilvia.

Anyways, I was curious as to what made you decide on the EVO instead of WRX? Maybe this was already answered and i missed it.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #3042
s0fa king
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
s0fa king is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
VII tails on red is sex. Well played sir.
s0fa king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #3043
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Cyber Monday got the best of me...

I was browsing on FR Sport and saw that the Blitz LM Type CS intercooler core was on sale for about $220 off. I had been hoping to sell the ETS core that came with the car to pick something else up, so this was too good of a deal to pass up. The core is a bit thinner than the ETS, and I am sure there are reasons related to performance that show that the Blitz is not as nice, but as all know, I am a sucker for Japanese products.

Always fun to come home to a big ol box!

The contents. I ended up reusing the couplers and t-bolt clamps that were on the car already.

It seems to be common practice for people to run intercoolers with logos stenciled on them in the Evo world: ETS, AMS, etc. This wasn't as common in the 240 scene, so I never really went through with it. The ricer in me decided to whip up a Blitz stencil for the intercooler and spray it on before I installed it:

Front bumper removal was straight forward. It's always a little intimidating to do something like this on a car you are not super familiar with, but it was off within 15 minutes:

Old core removed and new core painted and installed. My car came with an ETS lower pipe, but I need to replace the other factory piping at some point down the road. I'll save that for another day:

Some completed photos of the dirty car before I left for work this morning:

I'm getting more and more happy with the car as I have time to work on it. I've got a couple other things on the way, I just need the time to actually work on it! I had planned to get a lot more work done, but the time always seems to just slip away.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #3044
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
evo? where'd you get an evo from

seriously, this is so much better of a car for you. fwd AWD w/ altekka tail lights... totally rocks.

i cant believe you're spending money on yet ANOTHER money pit. you're married with kids man, you're having a pre mid-life crisis and need to realize that once you have kids, you're modding is over.

money for the family > money for the car

GAME OVER DAMON, GAME OVER
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #3045
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
I don't understand why you made such a huge reason and post about the 40, no time. Blah blah blah.

But now since you have a evo you have time to work on it a couple times a week and get it ready to DD in the morning for work. But couldn't find time to work on a side car?

Why not just admit you didn't want a 240 anymore and wanted something else to work on
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #3046
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
I don't understand why you made such a huge reason and post about the 40, no time. Blah blah blah.

But now since you have a evo you have time to work on it a couple times a week and get it ready to DD in the morning for work. But couldn't find time to work on a side car?

Why not just admit you didn't want a 240 anymore and wanted something else to work on
Seriously?
WHO GIVES A FUCK.

Damon,
Continue.
CleanAndLegit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #3047
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
This thread needs to be locked since it is no longer a build thread about a 240sx.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #3048
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
^or is it because the car has a sunroof?
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #3049
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Damon, any plans to go VII or IX front bumper?
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #3050
Backintoans13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Backintoans13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Not gonna lie...the blitz logo on the intercooler is pretty ricer, but like you said, guess that's an Evo thing.
Backintoans13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #3051
blo0d
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
blo0d is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
This thread needs to be locked since it is no longer a build thread about a 240sx.
yep...................
blo0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #3052
greenwood
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
greenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
go join an evo forum you big bully
greenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #3053
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:

You care way too much about a car you've never seen in person or a person you've never met in real life.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #3054
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
You guys are funny. It's a question. It doesn't bother me one fucking bit what he does. I'm just saying he posted two fucking essays about it. But does the same thing? You guys get so offended for a damn question lol

Anyways, nice grab, I love the FMIC (typical sucking Damon's dick zilvia response)
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #3055
Driftwurks
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Driftwurks is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
You guys are funny. It's a question. It doesn't bother me one fucking bit what he does. I'm just saying he posted two fucking essays about it. But does the same thing? You guys get so offended for a damn question lol

Anyways, nice grab, I love the FMIC (typical sucking Damon's dick zilvia response)
You shouldn't have to question other people's personal choices. Whether or not Damon got tired of his 240SX is none of our business. He bought a new car and is sharing his new build (or whatever you want to call it) with us. All in all, this car is way more practical and safer for someone who has a family and I think we can all agree on that.
Driftwurks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #3056
Bumpkin203
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
Bumpkin203 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Wow you are making me wanna sell my 40 and get a 4door.....but then again i dont have nearly what you did in yours lmao. Honestly i see myself doing this in a few years also. Kids change prioritys haha
Bumpkin203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:00 PM   #3057
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Very nice Damon! I love that model of Evo. Looks clean and simple.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:04 PM   #3058
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Holy crap the sodium content is high in this thread.

Hey Damon, I hope you continue to update us here...

If not, then I guess I'll have to hit up EVOM
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #3059
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah i want to here more about the evo also!
drscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #3060
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Lookin good man! Atleast now you got some holiday spirit to spice up these typical driveway shots lol.
leung is offline   Reply With Quote