Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-10-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
jame5x
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
jame5x is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
s14 s15 headlight wire diagram for s14

Does any one know how to wire up s15 headlights to s14 harness so all the lights work properly? I've seen ones for the s13 but have had no luck finding one for the s14. Could someone help me please? Thanks
jame5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
You got low beam, high beam, and turn signal...only thing thats confusing is you need to wire corner lights to the running light between the turn signals and low beam. Not exactly rocket science.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:49 AM   #3
BoostinIX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
BoostinIX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to BoostinIX Send a message via AIM to BoostinIX Send a message via MSN to BoostinIX Send a message via Yahoo to BoostinIX
Grab spare wire
Test which does what by touching 15 end to power
Connect to appropriate S14 wire
BoostinIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:51 AM   #4
jame5x
Zilvia Junkie

Well I guess that seems straight forward. I will try to tackle this on my own. Thanks guys
Old 05-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #5
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
hardest part of the job is setting up the low beam so that it doesnt get turned off by the high beam

you will either need to build a relay harness
or
you will need to modify the stock chassis wiring
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #6
jame5x
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
hardest part of the job is setting up the low beam so that it doesnt get turned off by the high beam

you will either need to build a relay harness
or
you will need to modify the stock chassis wiring
Thanks that's what I was wondering since you have to wire up a relay for the s13
Old 05-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #7
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
I had to wire up my own relays when I installed my S15 headlights into my S13... As shown here...

http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/359768...am-wiring.html
Old 05-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #8
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
I had to wire up my own relays when I installed my S15 headlights into my S13... As shown here...

http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/359768...am-wiring.html
killer killer killer.... theres absolutely nothing wrong with going the relay route

but in terms of simplicity, the answer to this mysterious problem lies within the s13 combination switch. i cannot give you guys any more advice other than to look within the combination switch.

remember my words, my son... and may the force be with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lok View Post
you can also use the power wire from the headlight motor to power the headlights.

then you when you put the high beams on the headlights will stay on.
and quoting from the other thread (because i didnt want to bump an old thread).......

the above poster is a fucking idiot. i mean sure, i guess you can use headlight motor wiring for odd ways like that... but its not advisable. just do it right and quit fucking around. thats jury rigged
Old 05-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #9
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Quote:
killer killer killer.... theres absolutely nothing wrong with going the relay route

but in terms of simplicity, the answer to this mysterious problem lies within the s13 combination switch. i cannot give you guys any more advice other than to look within the combination switch.

remember my words, my son... and may the force be with you.
I see how the combination switch works, but I'm not sure how I feel with both the high beams and low beams on the same 15A circuit.

Since wires [5] and [6] (RH side) then [8] and [9] (LH Side) having power when the highs are on, with the low beams on power is diverted and changes from [5] to [7] and [8] to [10] respectively. In order to use the combination switch I would have to use [5] to power [6] and [7] (RH), and [8] to power [9] and [10] (LH)... But again on a 15A circuit for both lights not sure if that would draw too much current.

Now if I wanted to be official with it, I could depin my fuse box and put a thicker maybe 8 gauge wire in the headlight circuit, change the fuses to 30A, then have [5] and [8] power supply wires now as 8 gauge wires to the highs and lows on smaller 12 gauge wire.

But then that raises the question if the combination switch is rated up to 30A...

edit: Looking at the amount of watts for each bulb high beam spits out 60W and the low beam uses 55W. 60+55 = 115W @ 12V = 115/12 = 9.58A, so essentially both could be powered on the 15A circuit. Looks like I have a project to do for later.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #10
1slicktwo4oh
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (45)
1slicktwo4oh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 45 reviews
RHDjapan sells headlight conversion plugs. It plugs into your S14 socket to S15 headlight socket.....OEM plugs
1slicktwo4oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #11
ixfxi
Post Whore!

killer

i am still working on re-working the OE s14 electrical system WITHOUT relay harness so that the lows dont disable the highs. on the s13, i cleverly found a way to modify the combination switch... but the s14 is a different case. and being that i dont own an s14, i am not as intimate (heh) with the electrical system. fucking pain in the ass.

theres nothing wrong with going the relay harness route, other than it adding bulk to the amount of shit on the car. clean, simple and effective solutions are always better, imo.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #12
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Quote:
killer

i am still working on re-working the OE s14 electrical system WITHOUT relay harness so that the lows dont disable the highs. on the s13, i cleverly found a way to modify the combination switch... but the s14 is a different case. and being that i dont own an s14, i am not as intimate (heh) with the electrical system. fucking pain in the ass.

theres nothing wrong with going the relay harness route, other than it adding bulk to the amount of shit on the car. clean, simple and effective solutions are always better, imo.
Who gives two fucks about S14s LOL. True thugs only mess with S13s anyways. If you'd like to share your S13 modified switch idea feel free to PM me, I already have a good idea but its always nice to hear another input (especially with someone more knowledgeable in the field).
Old 05-14-2012, 04:57 AM   #13
BoostinIX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
BoostinIX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to BoostinIX Send a message via AIM to BoostinIX Send a message via MSN to BoostinIX Send a message via Yahoo to BoostinIX
Who? Probably the OP, I.E. the reason we're in here :P
BoostinIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #14
jame5x
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slicktwo4oh View Post
RHDjapan sells headlight conversion plugs. It plugs into your S14 socket to S15 headlight socket.....OEM plugs
I emailed Russ at RHDjapan and he says it will not work. I don't think it's for the s15 although it says it in the description. Says zenki on it as well so I don't know if there's a difference between the the zenki and the kouki. BTW i have a kouki
Old 05-22-2012, 11:19 PM   #15
208s14.5
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
208s14.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
so im curious,i have s15 headlights wired in the the s14 harness but when i turn the markers on the headlights come on, and same with the headlight switch. previous owner wired them up and im trying to fix the mistake.
208s14.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:11 AM   #16
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Time to inspect the wiring...PO probably ghetto rigged it.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #17
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
killer

WTF is wrong with you?
I thought your days of engaging in worthwhile dissemination of information were long gone.
Are you ill Mike? Is it terminal?

I think I'll have to revoke your membership to the Zilvia Hater Association.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #18
jame5x
Zilvia Junkie

I have them all wired up now. It was easier than I thought. Pretty much plug and play from the Kouki harness. I had to get a couple harnesses from the junk yard to make it look clean. I have included pictures for others looking to do the same.

This is what I had before I got the harnesses.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #19
208s14.5
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
208s14.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
so i finally got around to fixing the wiring on these headlights and im having some problems. i got the headlights, brights, and markers to all turn on, but when i go to turn the turn signals on both indicator lights flash, and when the markers and/or the headlights are one the turn signals dont work. i narrowed it down to the marker light wires that cause this problem. when i pull the wire and run it through the same sequence everythings fine, but the markers wont turn on like i want. any thoughts? im pulling my hair out over this janky wiring.
208s14.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #20
jame5x
Zilvia Junkie

I haven't wired up my side markers yet. I thought maybe it's as simple as tapping two wires into the neg and the pos of the blinker.