Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-14-2020, 07:27 PM   #12931
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cured13 View Post
Don't be a fucking poosy, lol.

Like there is no fucking rainvisors in the working already beside hundreds of other parts for that car that aftermarket companies are working on since - yesterday!
Who gives a fuck about little noise from opened windows haha. Buy Corola for your wife if that's your problem, haha!

Or better yet - MAN UP!
Ok tough guy.

That?s you. I?m me. I fucking roll around with my windows down when I?m relaxing. That shit might not matter to you, but it does to me. Is it a deal breaker? Probably not but that sucks and I?d live with it.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:33 PM   #12932
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Ok tough guy.

That?s you. I?m me. I fucking roll around with my windows down when I?m relaxing. That shit might not matter to you, but it does to me. Is it a deal breaker? Probably not but that sucks and I?d live with it.
Great, Im sure Hunday or Kia make something perfect for you, lol.

now,

GFU pussycat,

lol!

cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:01 PM   #12933
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cured13 View Post
Great, Im sure Hunday or Kia make something perfect for you, lol.

now,

GFU pussycat,

lol!
did you come in this thread just to be a dick or do you like living in permared?

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:10 PM   #12934
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
did you come in this thread just to be a dick or do you like living in permared?
oh,
SORRY GIRLS,
didn't realize how much it changed here lately.

Go on, I wont interrupt.
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 08:07 AM   #12935
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...9BY9W5ijbkqdLs

Not that I can even afford to buy a Supra, but that sounds like it would piss me off. April to November, as long as its not raining I drive with both windows down and my elbows resting on the top of the door frame / door panel.
https://www.ftspeed.com/verus-engine...l#.Xr6h7mllDqs

This is a well-known issue
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 09:44 AM   #12936
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Easy solution at least.

There are cars that have these wind deflectors as part of their design. An Acura, like the RSX or something comes to mind.
Old 05-15-2020, 12:07 PM   #12937
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Seems like an easy fix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-_Q43a2otY
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 08:22 AM   #12938
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
In a straight line only. I was only using the quarter time because they had it in the article
That's because Max HP, Quarter-mile Times and reliability is what made the MKIV Supra the 90's tuning champ.

No one goes back and quotes lap times, braking distance. People aren't pulling 2JZs for the 4GSTE to build a JGTC Rep or Rally car.

Quote:
but I honestly give zero fucks about 1/4 times anymore. Which is why the Challenger is the least appealing of any of the muscle cars to me.
Challenger does a helluva lot more then just a 1/4 mile. It does what it's supposed to and it does it well.

Quote:
Also, the Supra isn?t the size of a truck. So there?s that.
No, it's the size a Juke....

Also your cries of "but it's a pure sports car, pure joy to drive" fall on my death ears.

Sole transmission option is the same 8spd Automatic found in a Dodge Durango. BMW has both a true manual and a DCCT transmission available for it but Toyota is gonna To-ya-Derp. This is just like the BRZTGT86RS and Toyota'S refusal to implement a turbo engine or H6, both of which are readily available.

The Zupra also has the above mentioned wind buffing issues and is not available as a Targa. (a huge selling point of the MKIII and MKIV).

Quote:
Edit: wait, what muscle car runs a 12 flat stock and costs $50k? Mustang GT350?s are $60+, Hellcats start at $60 and go up to like $90 or some shit and ZL1?s start at $60.
12's, not 10's bruh. Scatpack will do 11.7

In summary, the Challenger does what it's designed to do and what it's customers expect of it. It exceeds expectations.

The Zupra fails to meet most of its requirements (nimble toy sports car) and fails to align to its legacy (powerful, reliable GT street runner). It fails to meet expectations.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 08:57 PM   #12939
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Fellas, you guys just want different cars, there's no need to throw jabs at each other. Exitspeed, you want a BMW-powered Toyota S2000 with a mini van transmission swap and Corbic, you prrfer the more powerful hemi Nimitz-class aircraft carriers.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 06:02 AM   #12940
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Fellas, you guys just want different cars, there's no need to throw jabs at each other. Exitspeed, you want a BMW-powered Toyota S2000 with a mini van transmission swap and Corbic, you prrfer the more powerful hemi Nimitz-class aircraft carriers.
Correct. Except I don?t want that transmission, I want a manual.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:18 AM   #12941
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://youtu.be/aiqOLRJi7nU

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THE Z IS REAL. And it looks like an S30!

Dealers were shown the car and it’s going to have a manual and of course the same engine as the Q60 plus a Nismo version possibly with 500hp.

Yes to all of this. If this is essentially a $50k Supra competitor with a manual and it looks this good???!!! Oh boy.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:22 AM   #12942
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I?m all about this shit!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2020, 07:19 AM   #12943
Bluejayde
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Bluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
No one say anything, I can't bear to see the hope go out in his eyes just yet.

Of course it'll look like that, Exitspeed. Of course it will. :')
Bluejayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:50 AM   #12944
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejayde View Post

did you not watch the video? thats Nissans official channel

Old 05-28-2020, 07:53 AM   #12945
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejayde View Post

Well this hardly looks like some outlandish concept car. Also we can?t really see any details to even assume things won?t see production. The headlights for one are standard fair on any car today. Overall this is a very achievable look.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:02 AM   #12946
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Well this hardly looks like some outlandish concept car. Also we can?t really see any details to even assume things won?t see production. The headlights for one are standard fair on any car today. Overall this is a very achievable look.
That rear-quarter is basically an S30, which I hope sticks. The loss of the soap-bar look from the Z33/Z34 is definitely refreshing to see.

Apparently their revival plan is to focus on mid to full size cars and SUV's while Renault focuses on small/compact. This doesn't give me much hope for a Silvia/SX revival, at least from Nissan's portion of this partnership.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:01 AM   #12947
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
That rear-quarter is basically an S30, which I hope sticks. The loss of the soap-bar look from the Z33/Z34 is definitely refreshing to see.

Apparently their revival plan is to focus on mid to full size cars and SUV's while Renault focuses on small/compact. This doesn't give me much hope for a Silvia/SX revival, at least from Nissan's portion of this partnership.
Zoom in on the hood, it?s almost the exact shape of the S30.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:20 AM   #12948
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
This doesn't give me much hope for a Silvia/SX revival, at least from Nissan's portion of this partnership.
its like almost 8 years later from the iDX, and people are STILL thinking its going to happen...

Old 05-28-2020, 09:37 AM   #12949
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
its like almost 8 years later from the iDX, and people are STILL thinking its going to happen...
IDX is dead and gone, but this thread's been discussing the return of one way before the IDX, with horrible volatility in hope/confidence haha.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:42 AM   #12950
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
IDX is dead and gone, but this thread's been discussing the return of one way before the IDX, with horrible volatility in hope/confidence haha.
iDX was the s-chassis revival.

s-chassis will most likely never see the light of day ever again... we dont discuss it anymore because weve all accepted its a long dead and gone idea.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:19 AM   #12951
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The shape looks good. I'm optimistic it will be a real production car, even given Nissan's current financial situation. Hopefully the chassis and drive train are part of a platform sharing effort with another manufacturer to keep cost down.
Old 05-28-2020, 02:59 PM   #12952
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Is this thread finally relevant again? Can I afford a new car? Does the Z look like a Z?

2020 has been a crazy ass year.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:09 PM   #12953
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
VR30dett is def worthy of being in a Z chassis.
They'll probably axe the whole program and just release another Murano convertible tho. Maybe 7 more juke variations. Then the follow ups to Kicks, which will be named Licks and Dicks.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 04:37 PM   #12954
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Then the follow ups to Kicks, which will be named Licks and Dicks.
OMFG!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

win! and i wouldnt put it past em...

Old 05-28-2020, 04:59 PM   #12955
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
It's literally a 370z with a miata front end. They really went all out...? Nissan style. If it comes with a VQ (aka shit sounding V6) anything, it'll never touch my driveway.

0/10 Nissan. Back to the drawing board.
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 05:05 PM   #12956
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Plot twist. It's really a BMW Z4 with Nissan badges and body panels.
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 05:49 PM   #12957
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Ideally it would have that Benz inline 6 with Nissan's manual transmission.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:02 PM   #12958
s14ka-t

s14ka-t has a spectacular aura abouts14ka-t has a spectacular aura abouts14ka-t has a spectacular aura abouts14ka-t has a spectacular aura abouts14ka-t has a spectacular aura abouts14ka-t has a spectacular aura about
s16 is not happening lock it up mods
s14ka-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 02:31 AM   #12959
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
New Z looks promising. A whisper of hope.
Old 05-29-2020, 05:49 AM   #12960
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
VR30dett is def worthy of being in a Z chassis.
They'll probably axe the whole program and just release another Murano convertible tho. Maybe 7 more juke variations. Then the follow ups to Kicks, which will be named Licks and Dicks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Ideally it would have that Benz inline 6 with Nissan's manual transmission.
Yeah I?m absolutely fine with the VR30dett.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
New Z looks promising. A whisper of hope.
Just a glimmer. I?m being cautiously optimistic. More emphasis on cautiously.