Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-24-2020, 01:14 AM   #12691
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
You mean inline 6?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I just meant 6 cylinder, stupid typo from being tired - see “loose” instead of “lose” as well, haha.

Point still stands. Sorry for confusion!
Old 03-24-2020, 05:42 AM   #12692
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I agree as well. I?d like to see it have a leaner and longer look. I like both the z33 and z34 but they are rounded and bulbous. There are a bunch of really cool renders I come across on IG that really talented artists come up with.
Z34 is and was a disaster.

Need to get back to work the Z32-Z33. The Z33 is about as retro as they should go. I'd rather see to much Lamborghini instead of not enough 240Z.

I mean basically just copy the new Lambo headlights, or buy them and put a Nissan sticker over Lamborghini.... And make it FR.

Nissan has a 3.0 V6 Turbo making 400hp. So. Bump that to 435hp and call it..... Drum roll

300ZX

Stop trying to appeal to stupid car hypsters with the bullshit idx shit.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:02 AM   #12693
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Lamborghinis? *YAWN* They're about as exciting to look at as any Porche 9... whatever. Nissan just doesn't has what it takes to design anything aesthetically memorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Stop trying to appeal to stupid car hypsters with the bullshit idx shit.
Also, very much this.

[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:23 AM   #12694
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
Lamborghinis? *YAWN* They're about as exciting to look at as any Porche 9... whatever. Nissan just doesn't has what it takes to design anything aesthetically memorable.
That's like, your opinion or whatever.

People go ape shit over the Lambo styling. The Z32 was fucking bonkers in 1988. The Z33 punched above its price point being compared to a Audi TT and 911. Granted the 911 was a 996 which is ugly dog shit., either way , it worked.

Nissan needs some gimmicks.

Hire Lambo to style the head and taillights "Lighting by Lamborghini". Hire Borla, Magna Flow, Brabus, Yamaha, or Amuse to do the exhaust system and focus on giving it a hollow wraith wail - think Zonda.

Drivers cluster 100% digital, retrowave 80's. Digital center stake, hire Pioneer to do it, outsource it to Uconnect. The current Nissan software is fucking garbage.

Ditch the bubble butt, get back to a flat panel rear with horizontal tail lights. Go with a center exhaust.

300ZX needs to be their inspiration, not the 240Z.

V6TT and you can drop in a NA V6 or I4 for the peasants and Europeans worried about sticker price and Authoritarian Governments.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:33 AM   #12695
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
I just meant 6 cylinder, stupid typo from being tired - see ?loose? instead of ?lose? as well, haha.

Point still stands. Sorry for confusion!
Well no, there's a huge packaging difference between an i6 and a v6. Hence the long hood of the supra.

I just wish they'd drop the bubble butt round ness of the Z's, yes the flatter rear styling of the 300 is the move. I always thought the z33 rear was too round and then the z34 rear came out and was even more round somehow.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:42 PM   #12696
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Well no, there's a huge packaging difference between an i6 and a v6. Hence the long hood of the supra.

I just wish they'd drop the bubble butt round ness of the Z's, yes the flatter rear styling of the 300 is the move. I always thought the z33 rear was too round and then the z34 rear came out and was even more round somehow.
Fitting in general, 6 cyl shouldn’t be the factor for a bulbous look. That’s all. Certainly a different front depending on the variation, but I just mean we shouldn’t be using an argument of 6 cylinders make it bulbous. Plenty of 6 cyl cars that were not bubbly in the past (and current) market.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:58 PM   #12697
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
I don't know about everyone else, but most people I've come across despise the look of the Z32.

I personally love the appearance of them.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:30 PM   #12698
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
People go ape shit over the Lambo styling.
Do they really tho? Or is it just "Bcuz SupRcar"? They've only gotten more angular since the 2008 Gallardo. Ferrari has done better in making atttactive cars imo.

As far as referencing the Z32, that was golden era Nissan. Those days are over, seems silly to hope for that in the next Z.

Quote:
Fitting in general, 6 cyl shouldn?t be the factor for a bulbous look.
I blame (D)OHC design, those VQs are tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
I don't know about everyone else, but most people I've come across despise the look of the Z32.

Same. LS powered Z32 2+0 with T-tops is on the "to one day own" list. Even tho, I already own a 3rd gen camaro. [emoji1787]

Old 03-24-2020, 03:54 PM   #12699
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post

Most people you come across probably can't afford a new car. Just Say'n
Old 03-24-2020, 05:16 PM   #12700
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
It's taken almost 20 years, but I've actually come to appreciate the Z32 in recent times. The 350 and 370 have always looked strange in my eyes (I'm a huge HUGE fan of the G35 coupe AND sedan so it's not the chassis). But the Z32 just has a flow to it that's grown on me over the years and I really hope Nissan goes back to something like it.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:26 PM   #12701
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Ok annnnnnd fuck all the BS Nissan talk!

Leaked dealer presentation info says the next gen 86 will have a 255hp turbo! I’m in! Done!
https://www.autoblog.com/2020/03/24/...oduct-roadmap/
Old 03-24-2020, 05:54 PM   #12702
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Ok annnnnnd fuck all the BS Nissan talk!

Leaked dealer presentation info says the next gen 86 will have a 255hp turbo! I?m in! Done!
https://www.autoblog.com/2020/03/24/...oduct-roadmap/
This... this would make the 86 a strong contender for me.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:21 PM   #12703
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
It's taken almost 20 years, but I've actually come to appreciate the Z32 in recent times. The 350 and 370 have always looked strange in my eyes (I'm a huge HUGE fan of the G35 coupe AND sedan so it's not the chassis). But the Z32 just has a flow to it that's grown on me over the years and I really hope Nissan goes back to something like it.
G35 has always look like ass to me. Slab sided ass. Then the off center steering wheel... Da faq
Old 03-24-2020, 09:22 PM   #12704
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

G37 was best G.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:23 PM   #12705
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

G37 was best G.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:28 PM   #12706
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
G37 was terrible... there i said it. hood line that was spaced off from the headlights, a rear bumper on the coupe that was just no, tail lights that looked like an after thought on the coupe. the sedan wasnt AS BAD, but just that offset hood... no!

and lets not even get into the that aero packaged coupe kit, WHAT THE FUCK NISSAN!?

Old 03-24-2020, 09:41 PM   #12707
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

G37 was best G.
Imma let you finish, but we all know the G55 was the best G.

Old 03-24-2020, 09:58 PM   #12708
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
G37 was terrible... there i said it. hood line that was spaced off from the headlights, a rear bumper on the coupe that was just no, tail lights that looked like an after thought on the coupe. the sedan wasnt AS BAD, but just that offset hood... no!

and lets not even get into the that aero packaged coupe kit, WHAT THE FUCK NISSAN!?
Idk, I like it better than the 35. Looked sportier IMO:

Quote:
Imma let you finish, but we all know the G55 was the best G.

Haha!
Old 03-24-2020, 10:29 PM   #12709
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

infiniti G37 coupe with IPL package *dry heaves*

Old 03-24-2020, 11:32 PM   #12710
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Guys, guys, we already had this discussion. G37 v. G35 Lets all just meet in the middle, and call THE clear winner.

Altima Coupe.

Old 03-25-2020, 12:58 AM   #12711
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Most people you come across probably can't afford a new car. Just Say'n
You must think I hang around young adults at car meets all day... lol

Ironically, most people that I've seen hate on the Z32 are on the older side and definitely could afford a "new car".
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:43 AM   #12712
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Personally I hate all the z cars styling wise. The last Z I liked was the 280z.

I respect the machines the Z32 and Z33 were. Just fugly to me.

When I was younger the G35 was hawt, but now, ehhh. The G37 is not terrible but not great either.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:43 AM   #12713
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Personally I hate all the z cars styling wise. The last Z I liked was the 280z.

I respect the machines the Z32 and Z33 were. Just fugly to me.

When I was younger the G35 was hawt, but now, ehhh. The G37 is not terrible but not great either.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:29 AM   #12714
Corbic
Post Whore!

If you like the G35, you have questionable taste.

As for the Z32, the car was loved in 1989. Don't let JDM fanboi revisionism blind that.

I had scans from articles in 1991 from Australia and the journalists gave the solid win to the 300ZX over the GTR.

Better Styling
Better Interior
More Responsive Handling
More Features
More Torque, More Power
Better Brake Feel

Sales numbers, Nissan moved 113k Z32's in the US. Compare that to only 12k FD3's and 12k MKIV's.

Even looking at the SVT Cobra ('94-04), Ford only moved 74k cars.

The car was hot. A lot of its lack of modern appeal is the because of broke ass drifters.

"oh its to heavy"
"oh its to expensive"
"oh its to complicated"
"oh it makes to much power"
"oh its suspension binds and it can't launch"
"oh it has dual steering"
"oh insurance is to much"

Seems like 20 years of justifying why a 240sx is better ended with people being brainwashed and now only wanting the JDM forbidden fruit and unobtainable cars.

Same assholes that cried about cost and complexity are now praising The Zupra.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:53 AM   #12715
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
If you like the G35, you have questionable taste.

As for the Z32, the car was loved in 1989. Don't let JDM fanboi revisionism blind that.

I had scans from articles in 1991 from Australia and the journalists gave the solid win to the 300ZX over the GTR.

Better Styling
Better Interior
More Responsive Handling
More Features
More Torque, More Power
Better Brake Feel

Sales numbers, Nissan moved 113k Z32's in the US. Compare that to only 12k FD3's and 12k MKIV's.

Even looking at the SVT Cobra ('94-04), Ford only moved 74k cars.

The car was hot. A lot of its lack of modern appeal is the because of broke ass drifters.

"oh its to heavy"
"oh its to expensive"
"oh its to complicated"
"oh it makes to much power"
"oh its suspension binds and it can't launch"
"oh it has dual steering"
"oh insurance is to much"

Seems like 20 years of justifying why a 240sx is better ended with people being brainwashed and now only wanting the JDM forbidden fruit and unobtainable cars.

Same assholes that cried about cost and complexity are now praising The Zupra.
It isn't jdm fanboi. I was two in 1989. I said I used to like the G35 when I was younger as in 15 when it came out. Now as an adult it is boring and plain.

Like I said, I respect the machine. It was clearly a win of a car. I personally think they look terrible.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:16 AM   #12716
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
The z32 looks decent once you lose the vacuum cleaner front bumper

The later models looked much better
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:30 AM   #12717
Corbic
Post Whore!

My point isn't the car should be a retro Z32 clone.

The car should be ultra supercar modern like the Z32 was in 1989. Retro elements should only be hidden gimmicks. (aka, triple dash gauge cluster in 350Z was a throw back to the 240z).

The car should be drawing inspiration from the Huracan, C8, McLaren, etc.

Remember the Z32 debuted on lots along side cars like this...

If you want this shit, just go buy a Fiat 124.

Old 03-25-2020, 11:57 AM   #12718
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I’ll agree with Corbin here to an extent. While I think it’s unrealistic to say it should look like a Huracan or C8, I do think it can be aggressive and futuristic. In a good way. What manufacturers are able to accomplish today with body forms is pretty fucking amazing. There’s also no limit other than the designers imagination. Again we should be expecting design elements like the flying buttress of a Ford GT or top mounted exhaust like Gemera, but it’s pretty impressive what they can do if they want to be bold with the design.

Take the ‘21 Elantra that debuted last week. I’m not going to argue about if the car is good looking or not, but the design IS bold and looks like it should cost significantly more than it does. The creases and forms are unique and not something we’ve ever seen on a mass production ECONOBOX. Very impressive.

Nissan NEEDS to be that aggressive...or just give the fuck up. What’s the point of such a mediocre existence??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2020, 02:37 PM   #12719
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Toyota releasing a turbo-4 86 is great news. On top of a probable GR Corolla hot hatch going to the US, and at least extending motor choices for their Supra, I'm liking Toyota as of late.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:34 PM   #12720
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
My point isn't the car should be a retro Z32 clone.

The car should be ultra supercar modern like the Z32 was in 1989. Retro elements should only be hidden gimmicks. (aka, triple dash gauge cluster in 350Z was a throw back to the 240z).

The car should be drawing inspiration from the Huracan, C8, McLaren, etc.

Remember the Z32 debuted on lots along side cars like this...

If you want this shit, just go buy a Fiat 124.

Z32 IMO was and is a great looking car. I just think the s-chassis is better overall (to respond to your points in a post above).

I however think the 124 is a great looking car and I wouldn't mind that being the inspiration for Nissan's Z move - just with a tad more modernization with the lights and overall body lines. That is heads and shoulder above the z34 IMO, and likely above the z33 which I don't think has aged quite as well as I would have thought when they first launched.

But hey - that's me.