Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-09-2016, 10:33 AM   #9631
MJenkins1101
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
MJenkins1101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
We went with a Yukon Denali when we wanted the third row. However, my wife hated it. She had so much trouble backing in out of our driveway. Having all the electrical systems is nice, but, as exitspeed said, maintaining them all is a nightmare.
MJenkins1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2016, 11:59 AM   #9632
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenkins1101 View Post
We went with a Yukon Denali when we wanted the third row. However, my wife hated it. She had so much trouble backing in out of our driveway. Having all the electrical systems is nice, but, as exitspeed said, maintaining them all is a nightmare.
My dad is a retired GM employee. I'm a fan of a lot of what GM doesn nowadays, and the extra size a Yukon offers is tempting, but man there's no comparison to an even more expensive Denali to the XC90 interior and technology wise. This current gen Suburban/Yukon/Escalade have the best, most competitive packages, material and designs they've ever had.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:09 PM   #9633
Green Arrow
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The new gm Acadia is awesome, small suv plenty of room.
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 12:20 PM   #9634
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
I'm having a tough time comprehending that if given $60-$80K to buy any car, you guys would be buying Mustangs & Camaros.

If I had to stick with a FR platform the M2 would be my pick, but at that point I don't think I would be able to pass up the GTR.
Goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 12:25 PM   #9635
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Arrow View Post
The new gm Acadia is awesome, small suv plenty of room.
I love em. My wife hates it. Automatically off the list. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofs View Post
I'm having a tough time comprehending that if given $60-$80K to buy any car, you guys would be buying Mustangs & Camaros.

If I had to stick with a FR platform the M2 would be my pick, but at that point I don't think I would be able to pass up the GTR.
GTRs are $100k now new.

You just CAN'T deny the bang for your buck from some of these factory Camaro and Mustang models. Plus umyou can still be a dinosaur and row your own in those cars.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:39 PM   #9636
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
i think the only cars i could see myself spending $18-$25k on would be an S15 SpecR Aero or an R34 GTR VSpec I or II.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 12:47 PM   #9637
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post

GTRs are $100k now new.

You just CAN'T deny the bang for your buck from some of these factory Camaro and Mustang models. Plus umyou can still be a dinosaur and row your own in those cars.
I'm one of those that would never buy new.

You're right though the performance numbers are definitely there, but I'm willing to sacrifice a few HP for a car that also looks as good as it drives.

The GT350 is the only one out of America's big 3 that has some kind of style to go along with it's performance. I'd rather be in an M2, I get a 3rd pedal and the performance, looks, and name to back it up.
Goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 01:07 PM   #9638
MJenkins1101
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I love em. My wife hates it. Automatically off the list. Lol
This 100%. I would love to have an Acadia, but I don't shuttle the kids, so my vote is irrelevant.

I think you guys are over factoring cost when it comes to value. Bang for you buck does not only come in the "small buck" bucket. If I was to go out and buy a brand new "toy" (Mustang, GTR, M2, etc.) it would be a Mustang. In my opinion they are the best package of performance and aesthetics on the market right now. However, I would not finance a toy, and I am not going to pull that kind of money out of savings. Actually to be totally honest I couldn't pull that out of savings, and I don't know many people who can.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:27 PM   #9639
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
looks, and name to back it up.

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 02:59 PM   #9640
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Saying one is better looking than the other is irrelevant, it's subjective.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:57 AM   #9641
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
i think the only cars i could see myself spending $18-$25k on would be an S15 SpecR Aero or an R34 GTR VSpec I or II.
For me, that's the C6 Vette... Mmmm... Want one so bad...
Quote:
I'm one of those that would never buy new.

The GT350 is the only one out of America's big 3 that has some kind of style to go along with it's performance. I'd rather be in an M2, I get a 3rd pedal and the performance, looks, and name to back it up.
Ditto, but the M2 isn't quite what I'd hoped it would be. Very cool car, but it's just a roided out M235i to me. If only it had the M4's engine... sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenkins1101 View Post
However, I would not finance a toy, and I am not going to pull that kind of money out of savings.
Ditto. At my skill level, I don't need to spend tons of money to have a great time behind the wheel. I don't need the newest features or the most HP in the neighborhood. I just need it to be decent to drift/auto-x/road course with and have ok highway passing power. Looking hard at N/A Z32s right now. Not going to spend too much money on a toy that I could be spending on my family instead or just saving.
Old 08-10-2016, 01:22 PM   #9642
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Vett is next on my list in maybe 3 years if I make enough by then. 2010 plus Z06
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 03:53 PM   #9643
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Welp. This is interesting.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/08/11/h...#slide-4016973
Old 08-11-2016, 04:22 PM   #9644
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
why they gotta mention the IDx at the end of the article? man, id rather it just end with a picture of a filthy asshole... at least that would be LESS insulting lol

Old 08-16-2016, 04:48 PM   #9645
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Wait... Did I miss something?! I didn't even realize Honda actually released this for sale yet!

Old 08-16-2016, 09:04 PM   #9646
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

It's NOT for sale here. That's some funny shit seeing an Acura badge swapped onto a Honda. It looks dope though.

Good news is the Civic hatch coming here...looking like a shitty miniature Crosstour. *sarcasm*
Old 08-17-2016, 06:39 AM   #9647
MJenkins1101
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Wait... Did I miss something?! I didn't even realize Honda actually released this for sale yet!
I read an article about the S660 a couple years back. I was super excited until I got near the end, and realized it would only be available in Japan. Seems like it would be a pretty cool little car.
Old 08-17-2016, 08:58 AM   #9648
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

you guys realize the car only has 64hp?

Old 08-17-2016, 09:37 AM   #9649
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
No, didn't realize that. But it's to be expected from a Kei car like the Cappuccino. At least it's factory turbo'd though, right? (I think...) lol
Old 08-17-2016, 10:04 AM   #9650
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_S660

Old 08-17-2016, 10:25 AM   #9651
MJenkins1101
Zilvia Member

Quote:
I remember it being underpowered, but 64hp is not quite what I would hope for.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:18 PM   #9652
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
If the FRS/BRZ is labeled as under powered, no wonder Honda is not bringing that 64hp car to the U.S.
Old 08-17-2016, 04:05 PM   #9653
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
No, didn't realize that. But it's to be expected from a Kei car like the Cappuccino. At least it's factory turbo'd though, right? (I think...) lol

Exhaust, intake and tune....

Made 58whp!!

Just buy a damn Polaris Slingshot.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:43 PM   #9654
simmode1
Post Whore!

it's got a 0-60 time of 10.5 seconds... lol

I mean, at $16.5k, it might be a good candidate for a Ducati or some other motorcycle engine swap! lmao... I'll pass.
Old 08-17-2016, 08:37 PM   #9655
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
it's got a 0-60 time of 10.5 seconds... lol

I mean, at $16.5k, it might be a good candidate for a Ducati or some other motorcycle engine swap! lmao... I'll pass.

Slingshot SL is 0-60 5.2 and 1/4 in 13.7...

A Honda Beat is 0-60 in 12.8 and 1/4 in 18.9

Also, screw Sports bikes. I'm more a chopper guy.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:01 PM   #9656
MJenkins1101
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Would a KA fit? Torque + no weight is always fun.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:59 AM   #9657
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Officially my favorite Miata ever. Too bad they aren't mass producing them.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/so-spec...aunch-edition/
Old 08-18-2016, 10:59 AM   #9658
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1;6102421
honda s660

i saw a couple of these last september in japan. pretty cool in person. if all you need is a commuter car, this is nice. better than the dorky smart car.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:09 AM   #9659
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
God C5 Vettes are so cheap now.

Wonder if the C7's will depreciate at the same pace
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 11:12 AM   #9660
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudermagee View Post
God C5 Vettes are so cheap now.

Wonder if the C7's will depreciate at the same pace
I think that if the corvettes keep improving, then the demand would increase. This hopefully would leave the older ones harder to sell and cause the owners to let them go at a damn good price.