Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-15-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
SuperBlackS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
SuperBlackS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Question Megan Vs. Circuit Sports RUCA's?

So, I was looking at both of these companies. I know a lot of people on here don't like any Megan components, but I recently had to buy a set of their bushings, and they don't seem poor quality, and I've done a little reading but I wanted more feedback, hopefully from someone who's driven both...

So, quality? Who is better? Cuz they're both the same color and offer camber adjustment, I'm only inquiring personal experience and regardless of what you bought how it held up?

I've read that CS isn't bad quality, but Megan's are slightly pricier (on certain sales sites) and I read Megan's corporate PR about good quality control and being dedicated and super testing, but I'd like some testimonials from users... So, who brought what?
Old 02-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #2
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
FusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FusionR240sx
they're the same.
WUT?
FusionR240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #3
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to irax
Bought Megan camber arms for my gf's civic. The mounting holes weren't correct and had to be stretched out a bit. Welds were not so pretty. Wouldn't use their product on a 240....
Old 02-15-2012, 11:31 PM   #4
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
crap vs. a little bit better crap
leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:49 PM   #5
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
or you can get pbm ruca's i don't think they're -that- much more expensive
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:18 AM   #6
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
Just get better rod ends
Old 02-16-2012, 06:30 AM   #7
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
or get isis, all three are the same shit. thing is isis is cheaper as well as ken @ enjuku will cover the shit out of them. like no questions asked warranty basically.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #8
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
different logos and owners
same type of Chinese/Taiwanese catalog-rebranded-parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBlackS14 View Post
but I recently had to buy a set of their bushings, and they don't seem poor quality
if you're referring to their hard rubber Nismo style bushings
is probably because they are Hard Race bushings rebranded as Megan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
or get isis, all three are the same shit. thing is isis is cheaper as well as ken @ enjuku will cover the shit out of them. like no questions asked warranty basically.
your shitty parts broke?
No problem, we'll replace them with a brand new set of shitty parts no questions asked!
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #9
whitefedorafilms
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
whitefedorafilms is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm always glad to come to these threads so I don't have to ask myself. Though i have Teins right now they're certainly preferred to what i've seen from megans end.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #10
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I run the godspeed V2 arm which are beefier then my ISIS were and they also have the bend in the toe arms for super low cars.. although i didn't have no problem with ISIS arms.
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #11
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
your shitty parts broke?
No problem, we'll replace them with a brand new set of shitty parts no questions asked!
vice, your shitty parts broke your shit out of luck. what would you prefer? obviously the kid doesn't have/want to spend spl, fortune, pbm money so imo thats the best bet for him.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #12
SuperBlackS14
Zilvia Junkie

To whitefedorafilms:
I didn't think Tein made RUCA's for the 240? I usually like to read other people asking about this stuff, but I had to ask.

I'm interested in Durability, is the general consensus that they're both crap? Has anyone broken either one? Or bent either one before they expected to? I do daily the car, so I was looking for something that would hold up and give me proper tire wear.

To ManoNegra:
If they are the Hard Race bushings, I couldn't find those if you suggested them to me before.

And yeah: 300 is a lot of money... But if the CS/Megan arms break 3 times before the PBM/ect arm breaks once, it's a better investment.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #13
eliasdrod

eliasdrod is an unknown quantity at this point
ive had the track coilovers from megan for six years daily driving over 100 miles a day and only had to replace the pillow balls which r only 45 bucks
eliasdrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #14
Ninjamasta04

Trader Rating: (1)
Ninjamasta04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBlackS14 View Post
And yeah: 300 is a lot of money... But if the CS/Megan arms break 3 times before the PBM/ect arm breaks once, it's a better investment.
I don't understand why would you risk your life or car buying cheap suspension parts. There is a reason why SPL or PBM are so expensive, that is quality control, and safety.
Ninjamasta04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:09 AM   #15
SuperBlackS14
Zilvia Junkie

Well, when you're poor and don't really have a choice... But are the PBMs that much better?
Old 02-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #16
rb25crazy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
rb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of lightrb25crazy is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
then leave it stock and save up for a month or however long it takes, alignments aren't free anyway. You'd want to align your car after you install that stuff anyway.
rb25crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #17
SuperBlackS14
Zilvia Junkie

Yeah, I was going to anyway, since the rest of my arms are getting ES Poly Bushings. I just wanted to make my tires last as long as possible even with a lowered car
Old 02-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #18
jacobs13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
jacobs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Im poor yet I wont buy shit arms because Im scared for my life. Raise your car up to have even tread wear then save to buy a quality arm and alignment. Itll be worth it in the long run.
jacobs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #19
SuperBlackS14
Zilvia Junkie

Well, I came here to find out if they really were shit, It's about getting the job you want done at the lowest cost, while being safe. Since I didn't have the knowledge to make an informed decision, I came here to see if anyone could help with that.

It seems like PBM are the best way to go. I'm running TEIN SS C/Os now because I didn't know of anything better at the time, so far I love those, except the lack of lower adjustibility(sp?). But I've raised the car up because in NY it's winter and even though we've had a lack of snow and I've been busy with the car in the garage, I still didn't wanna be snow plowing when it came out...

But I figured while I had the subframe out, I should look into adjustable RUCA's because my stock ones are beat and offer no adjustibility. I was looking at the Megan's and CS' because they were cheaper. I'd gotten mixed signals up to now on their quality, it seems they rocked for some people and other hated them. So, I thought I'd ask for personal experiences. Since it seems that everyone feels that the best option is the more expensive arms, and since Eric Hsu said it best "...Car parts live a hard life, if you want to save money buy something unimportant", I'll most likely be going with the PBMs.

However if anyone has more opinions on CS or Megan arms, please, I'd love to hear more.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #20
mysharonna
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
mysharonna is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobs13 View Post
Im poor yet I wont buy shit arms because Im scared for my life. Raise your car up to have even tread wear then save to buy a quality arm and alignment. Itll be worth it in the long run.
Agree^^ Please don't buy Megan or CS.
mysharonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #21
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
ryandriftingfat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Megan stuff is so shitty even the stickers they include with their parts are low quality.

I bought a turbo elbow from them - you need 3 bolts to go into the turbine housing and 3 bolts to connect to the downpipe.

I got 4 bolts to the downpipe and 2 to the turbine housing. In addition, all three of the holes in the lower flange had shitty threads and ended up stripping the studs going in. I threadlocked them and pushed them in as far as it would go so it should be OK, but the build quality is terrible.

Exhaust pipes are one thing, suspension is another. I have the CS arms (and a bunch of other CS stuff) and it all looks pretty good.
ryandriftingfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #22
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
what we basically have here friends, are two big bowls of shit....only difference between the two is the smell
Looking for another pair of 17x9 Veilside Andrew Racing V's
DenkiMan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #23
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
What about Stance arms? They're a happy medium as far as price goes between CS and SPL and seem to be pretty good quality.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #24
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
What about Stance arms? They're a happy medium as far as price goes between CS and SPL and seem to be pretty good quality.

Save up and buy SPL stuff
Don't buy from a company that rips off designs.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #25
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
Save up and buy SPL stuff
Don't buy from a company that rips off designs.
That doesn't answer the question.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #26
SuperBlackS14
Zilvia Junkie

Was looking at the SPL stuff, it looks nice, color wise as well as design. Expensive tho... Worth it? They're Titanium aren't they?
Old 02-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #27
waxball88
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
waxball88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Over a year on ISIS arms.

Fuck the haters.
waxball88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #28
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (3)
MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Wow...

Take a dump in your left hand... barf in your right hand... now start clapping!!
Have friends take pictures, piont, and laugh at your epic fail... this is your future, change directions now!!

To answer you honestly... they are both crap and will not last, you should buy from a company that actually focuses on that area your building, and not just offers a part they never track tested. These companies can cover their ass by selling you a product that is "0ff road, not street legal, aftermarket" and hide behind that when it fails, or just blame you for miss use... happens all the time.

SPL will not do this, and if something does fail they want pic and all the info to make the product better.

Everyone is being hard on you so you will learn now and not make the same mistakes others have.

Pay to Play... its a way of life and you can't cheat.
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #29
DoobieS13
Zilvia Junkie

DoobieS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
color? really? just get some damn pbms.
DoobieS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #30
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
I got Megan traction rods, and Stance RUCAs and Toe rods. Stance arms are great and come with Aurora bearings. The Megan traction rods honestly don't seem too bad, but I got them because the traction rod doesn't seem super important to me, and I wanted to have full adjustability. I will, however, be checking up on them quite often to make sure they are holding up.