Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-03-2014, 12:02 PM   #391
cxracing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (-1)
cxracing is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
just a heads up, if anyone would like to use a shorter spark plug here is a part number that you can use to order from Summit Racing or Jegs. we have used these plugs before and they work great as well as give you better clearance for the header and spark plug cable.

spark plug Accel: 526S

be sure to call in and specify for the SHORT plugs as they offer the plugs in a standard length as well.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:26 PM   #392
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Did anyone on here buy your kits??

I am curious to see if anyone who has bought your kits (and it sounds like alot of people have) would chime in on fitment and such.

not bashing, just curious since this is such a hot item, that there should be atleast 1 or 2 Zilvians that have bought them that can attest.

Cheers
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:42 AM   #393
masons13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
masons13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
im curious too! reviews please!
masons13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:38 PM   #394
Lawrenceeeeee
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Lawrenceeeeee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How close is everyones engine to the fire wall? Im about 4 inches away and the oil pan is already pretty close to the front xmember uploadfromtaptalk1394141834581.jpguploadfromtaptalk1394141847371.jpg

I dont know why it turned the pictures like that but you get the point.
Lawrenceeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:36 PM   #395
Lawrenceeeeee
Leaky Injector

Also, just to be clear. The transmission mount utilizes the oem poly mount correct?
Old 03-11-2014, 11:00 AM   #396
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
So countless sales but no one seems to have any review or opinion, several people with issues, CXRacing being somewhat disrespectful to the members, etc??

I understand you guys spent some time developing this kit, but this is disheartening if not even CXRacing wants to reply to my post about reviews, etc. And they are online as I type so, so I am sure they are seeing this.

RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:19 PM   #397
Joedrt
Zilvia Member

Joedrt is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the mount kit. The fitment is good but you don't need the gto shifter you only need to beat the trans tunnel with a hammer
Joedrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:47 PM   #398
Lawrenceeeeee
Leaky Injector

Joedirt does you engine sit as far away from the firewall as mine?
Old 03-11-2014, 06:37 PM   #399
cxracing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (-1)
cxracing is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Did anyone on here buy your kits??

I am curious to see if anyone who has bought your kits (and it sounds like alot of people have) would chime in on fitment and such.

not bashing, just curious since this is such a hot item, that there should be atleast 1 or 2 Zilvians that have bought them that can attest.

Cheers
Quote:
So countless sales but no one seems to have any review or opinion, several people with issues, CXRacing being somewhat disrespectful to the members, etc??

I understand you guys spent some time developing this kit, but this is disheartening if not even CXRacing wants to reply to my post about reviews, etc. And they are online as I type so, so I am sure they are seeing this.

It is a bit difficult to answer your questions on whether or not our customers have good or bad fitment problems and give you a review as it would be biased of us to give you a review as we are the company that sells the item in question.

You are better off asking your fellow Zilvia members to get any kind of information. We have installed our kit literally 10+ times on both S13 and S14 for product fitment, pictures and to showcase here at our shop. We test fit our kit almost every time we get a new batch of mounts in to ensure the mounts line up and sit the engine properly, now whether or not some of our customer had/have any issues with our kit as of right now we have no one with any issues aside from the ones who do not know how to route oil feed and return lines to and from the oil relocation adapter.

Anyone with any existing issue is more then welcome to contact us during our store hours and can speak with one of my technicians if they have any questions, just because it shows we are logged in does not mean we are available to answer everyone's questions online.

626-575-3288
Old 03-31-2014, 04:00 PM   #400
chernandez240

chernandez240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, I’ve received a few mails on my swap, sorry if I have not replied to your messages. I thought I would give out some more info on my build. I first want to start off by saying that CX racing made my life a lot easier with this kit, I actually thought of building everything myself a few year back but then again I’m not a fabricator.

That being said, this is my personal experience and I shall not be responsible for any damages to your car if you follow my same steps, I’m only sharing this info because I thought it was a fair thing to do..

Another thing that I would like share is the CX customer service: I’ve read post where people say that the customer service at CX racing sucks, in my personal experience they have always answered my calls and responded to my questions with no problems, again that’s just my experience. The LS1 kit was the first thing that I bought from them, I’ve bought some other misc stuff from them and no issues what so ever..

Not that there is anything wrong with this kit, I think that the kit great. CX designed a kit that you can just bolt on, they advertise that no hammering and no cutting is required and YES, this kit will bolt on as is. It is up to us if we like the way it fits or not. That’s why I decided to start modifying stuff, by the way what I did is pretty simple all you need is a cutting wheel nothing fancy...

Cross Member cutting: Not a lot of cutting is required, I did not added re-enforcement other than a NISMO type power brace.. I have been using my 240 for almost a year now, in some days commuting 100 miles per day with no issues at all..

Oil Pan: the whole point of cutting the cross member is for the oil pan to slide into the cross member..

This is how far the engine sits in the 240

Transmission mount: Because I was able to push the engine back, now the transmission won’t fit. A piece cast from the transmission hit the cross member. This is what I cutted on the transmission mount..

If you do all of the above you will also have to hammer the transmission tunnel, similar to what is advertised with the Sikky kit, look up Sikky kit installation on Google it will tell you what to hammer.

The results are great… look at my shifter from a stock T56 F body, it looks stock.. you will have to modify the shifter trim for some clearance, but that’s pretty simple.

For spark plugs I have tried two options, both really expensive and both require a heat sleeves, option 2 more than option one. I burned 2 cables from option number 2 already.
These are some of the options to protect the plug wires..
http://www.mcmaster.com/#wire-sleeving/=rc5ys6

OPTION #1
ACCEL 9070C

OPTION #2 Taylor Custom LS-1 Spark Plug Wires
http://www.hotrodlane.cc/LS1LS6/ls1ls6acc.html

More pictures of my swap.

Hope this helps…

Thanks you!!!
chernandez240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:05 AM   #401
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
niscur29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:

This was posted on ls1tech a few days ago. More info for you guys

Home / Conversions & Hybrids
CX Racing 240sx LS Swap review
* #1 *
03-30-2014 06:37 AM by 7GRANDGERNADE
Well nobody posted an installed review on any forums so I will put my opinion in.

The bad : Well first off the headers are only 1 5/8 ... not really what you'd want on a high performance ls1 . On cylinders 8 and 7 your going to want to run 90 deg. boot ends to run these headers. The passenger header collecter for no reason hangs way lower then the drivers side. The drivers side header for 4l60e users well all I can say is the collector points directly at the shift lever on the transmission really no possible way to run exhaust pipe off it. So you will bassicly have to cut the collecter off and point it the opposite direction. There is no 02 bungs . The transmission crossover provided in this kit fits but not without modifying the drivers side forward facing bolt hole on a 4l60e application.

The customer service sucks as far as technical support goes phone and email there seems to be confusion about oil capacity on there end of the oil pan I asked a specific question of oil pan alone capacity and was given a range was told it would hold 5 to 6qts by CX racing tech .which we all know you don't want your oil level so high the crankshaft drags in the oil.

The good : It does work, It does fit, price is the best out there. Mounts are nice ,oil pan is decent you don't have to cut any of the windage tray unlike sikky,and the sump sits great between the sway bar and crossmember. Fittment as far as hood closing is decent you may have to trim the bracing under the hood. headers are easy to go in and out if you have the smaller brake booster I do like the V band on the end of the header collectors. Had enough room to run trimmed up Altima fans.

My notes to any buyer of this kit : 90 deg boots for the back two cylinders, and use heat sleeves on all 8 cylinders . Oil pan itself will hold a hair over 5qts. Use factory dipstick tube just cut to lenght find a flare nut that will screw onto the nipple on the oil pan and of course flare the end of your dip stick tube,and mark your new oil level.

My notes to CX racing: need to ditch header design all together try 1 3/4 or even 1 7/8 tubing if that is not an option need to at the very least make sure the drivers side collector is running parallel with the subframe instead of pointing it towards the transmission itself, and passanger header collector doesn't need to be as low as it is. For 4l60e application the transmission crossover could use an inch more travel where it bolts to the car at least its needed on the passenger side. I see why you didn't put 02 bungs in the headers but you could if you'd designated them for t56 or 4l60e . Would like it stenght wise if the oil pan would bolt to the transmission like sikkys does.

When funds/time becomes availible I'm going to look into the largest sized tubing Hinson/sikky headers availible for my set up hopefully they will fit using these mounts. Other option would be turbo
niscur29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:54 AM   #402
chernandez240

chernandez240 is an unknown quantity at this point
My Notes on the OIL pan.

I tested the capacity and it holds 5qts. you have to keep in mind that you need oil in the filter relocation lines and inside the oil passages.

I usually put 1/2 quart of oil in the oil filter and dump 5 1/2 quarts in the engine for a total of 6 qts..

In regards the passenger header I believe that they fixed that issue, I called CX racing and they offered a deal for the revised passenger header, The problem is that if replace my passenger header I will have to re-do my exhaust system or at least part of it.

What CX racing should do is offer a trade in for the passenger header, where I can return the first gen header and they send me the revised one. 
chernandez240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:28 PM   #403
00-BUCK

00-BUCK is an unknown quantity at this point
7GRANDGERNADE
Forums
Subscriptions

Home / Conversions & Hybrids
03-30-2014 07:37 AM by 7GRANDGERNADE
Well nobody posted an installed review on any forums so I will put my opinion in.

The bad : Well first off the headers are only 1 5/8 ... not really what you'd want on a high performance ls1 . On cylinders 8 and 7 your going to want to run 90 deg. boot ends to run these headers. The passenger header collecter for no reason hangs way lower then the drivers side. The drivers side header for 4l60e users well all I can say is the collector points directly at the shift lever on the transmission really no possible way to run exhaust pipe off it. So you will bassicly have to cut the collecter off and point it the opposite direction. There is no 02 bungs . The transmission crossover provided in this kit fits but not without modifying the drivers side forward facing bolt hole on a 4l60e application.

The customer service sucks as far as technical support goes phone and email there seems to be confusion about oil capacity on there end of the oil pan I asked a specific question of oil pan alone capacity and was given a range was told it would hold 5 to 6qts by CX racing tech .which we all know you don't want your oil level so high the crankshaft drags in the oil.

The good : It does work, It does fit, price is the best out there. Mounts are nice ,oil pan is decent you don't have to cut any of the windage tray unlike sikky,and the sump sits great between the sway bar and crossmember. Fittment as far as hood closing is decent you may have to trim the bracing under the hood. headers are easy to go in and out if you have the smaller brake booster I do like the V band on the end of the header collectors. Had enough room to run trimmed up Altima fans.

My notes to any buyer of this kit : 90 deg boots for the back two cylinders, and use heat sleeves on all 8 cylinders . Oil pan itself will hold a hair over 5qts. Use factory dipstick tube just cut to lenght find a flare nut that will screw onto the nipple on the oil pan and of course flare the end of your dip stick tube,and mark your new oil level.

My notes to CX racing: need to ditch header design all together try 1 3/4 or even 1 7/8 tubing if that is not an option need to at the very least make sure the drivers side collector is running parallel with the subframe instead of pointing it towards the transmission itself, and passanger header collector doesn't need to be as low as it is. For 4l60e application the transmission crossover could use an inch more travel where it bolts to the car at least its needed on the passenger side. I see why you didn't put 02 bungs in the headers but you could if you'd designated them for t56 or 4l60e . Would like it stenght wise if the oil pan would bolt to the transmission like sikkys does.

When funds/time becomes availible I'm going to look into the largest sized tubing Hinson/sikky headers availible for my set up hopefully they will fit using these mounts. Other option would be turbo.

I hope this helps someone.
00-BUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:33 PM   #404
00-BUCK

Man glad I'm not the only one frustrated lol
By the way I am 7grandgernade on Ls1tech

Last edited by 00-BUCK; 04-02-2014 at 12:30 AM..
Old 04-01-2014, 11:35 PM   #405
00-BUCK

Someone asked earlier if the CX transmission mount uses the gm poly mount I believe it does . I know for fact it does for 4l60e .

Last edited by 00-BUCK; 04-02-2014 at 12:34 AM..
Old 04-02-2014, 12:38 AM   #406
00-BUCK

OK guys got a question for ya... anyone know if any other brand headers work with these mounts ? I will be ditching thing these chitty headers asap I can say that because I own them/using them.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:42 AM   #407
00-BUCK

FYI anyone having problems with removing/installing spark plugs I took a 5/8" spark plug socket and cut a good bit off of it with a cut off wheel .... works like a champ now .
I can measure the exact length of it if anyone cares.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:00 AM   #408
00-BUCK

``What CX racing should do is offer a trade in for the passenger header, where I can return the first gen header and they send me the revised one. "

X2

they realized its an issue why do I have to buy another header... that's stupid
Old 04-02-2014, 05:20 AM   #409
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
niscur29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-BUCK View Post
Man glad I'm not the only one frustrated lol
By the way I am 7grandgernade on Ls1tech

Good man I was hoping you'd come over to help some of these guys out with questions issues.
niscur29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #410
00-BUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernandez240 View Post
My Notes on the OIL pan.

I tested the capacity and it holds 5qts. you have to keep in mind that you need oil in the filter relocation lines and inside the oil passages.

I usually put 1/2 quart of oil in the oil filter and dump 5 1/2 quarts in the engine for a total of 6 qts..

In regards the passenger header I believe that they fixed that issue, I called CX racing and they offered a deal for the revised passenger header, The problem is that if replace my passenger header I will have to re-do my exhaust system or at least part of it.

What CX racing should do is offer a trade in for the passenger header, where I can return the first gen header and they send me the revised one. 
X2
It would be safe to say the oil system as a whole holds 6qts but for dipstick measurement your going to want to pour 5 QTS into your oil pan and mark your dipstick that will be your oil level
Old 04-02-2014, 01:50 PM   #411
00-BUCK

This is is a pic of a Sikky pan and will help route your oil lines to your oil filter

Last edited by 00-BUCK; 04-02-2014 at 02:28 PM..
Old 04-02-2014, 01:52 PM   #412
00-BUCK

Here is a generic pic of an oil filter housing will help in routing your oil lines

Last edited by 00-BUCK; 04-02-2014 at 02:31 PM..
Old 04-02-2014, 02:01 PM   #413
00-BUCK

Have a question post it up I will try my best to help someone.
And in no way I'm not trying to bash cxracing its a great kit its a great buy, it does fit ,it does work... I just don't like the headers for the reasons in my earlier post.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:19 PM   #414
00-BUCK

Short clip of it running or look for it on you tube
Old 04-02-2014, 02:21 PM   #415
s14kkouki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
s14kkouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

That's how mine fits with their kit. I haven't hooked up my steering collar will try today. Seems like a tight fit.
s14kkouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:22 PM   #416
s14kkouki
Zilvia Junkie

Also I need help with the relocation of the oil filter from the oil pan.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:38 PM   #417
00-BUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14kkouki View Post
Also I need help with the relocation of the oil filter from the oil pan.
What exactly do you need help with ?

For now (until i hook up my ac)my filter is located on the passenger side frame rail about where the ac compressor would be

Steering collar is a 2 man job for sure lol
Old 04-02-2014, 02:45 PM   #418
00-BUCK

Quote:

That's how mine fits with their kit. I haven't hooked up my steering collar will try today. Seems like a tight fit.
That's exactly how my air intake is going to look...idk for some reason I believe we will have hood clearance issues with the air intake. My hood does close with out air intake . I just haven't tried with it on yet.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:08 PM   #419
s14kkouki
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-BUCK View Post
What exactly do you need help with ?

For now (until i hook up my ac)my filter is located on the passenger side frame rail about where the ac compressor would be

Steering collar is a 2 man job for sure lol
I need to know which line goes where lol. Ive never done a oil filter relocation ever. I have an idea but i want to make sure.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:31 AM   #420
00-BUCK

Quote:
I need to know which line goes where lol. Ive never done a oil filter relocation ever. I have an idea but i want to make sure.
Did my pictures help ? If not send me a picture of the housing in the relocate kit so I can help more .