Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-31-2001, 09:47 PM   #1
transient
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (0)
transient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to transient Send a message via AIM to transient
Ok... I was drivin home a few dayz ago, and a thought popped into my head. Stickers look like crap... but maybe they don't have to. What I'm thinkin of doing is somehow taking the sticker (whatever it may be for) and making it almost completely transparent, so you can barely see it there, but if you look close enough you will... It's kinda hard to describe EXACTLY what I'm thinking... but that's basically the main Idea...

Any input?
transient is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2001, 09:49 PM   #2

oh yea thats gonna cost ya.  its possible.  ive seen it done on an expedition.  they can even make it so that when the light hits it from a diff. angle you can see it
Old 08-31-2001, 10:05 PM   #3
my240likenoother
Zilvia FREAK!

my240likenoother is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to my240likenoother
y does every 1  think that stickers r expinsive?? there not!!
to find all the lates vinal and sticker designs go to www.modernimage.net and check it out

(Edited by my240likenoother at 1:59 am on Sep. 1, 2001)
my240likenoother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 02:57 AM   #4
vancouvers14
Zilvia Addict

vancouvers14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to vancouvers14
i still say that the only sticker on a car should be the alarm sticker on the window.

well, that or calvin pissin on a honda symbol...
vancouvers14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 12:05 PM   #5
transient
Premium Member

transient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant future
I like that Idea of only seeing it when the light hits it right. Any chance I could get a link to see that? Or was it just a car around you?
Old 09-01-2001, 08:00 PM   #6

sorry man it was just a car i saw in a truckin magazine.  it was pretty cool though.  i bet if you go on one of those vinyl graphics website and ask theyre customer service theyd be able to tell you
Old 09-02-2001, 12:22 AM   #7
lunatik
Leaky Injector

lunatik is an unknown quantity at this point
maybe it wouldn't be too bad if it were barely noticeable.  I'm afraid to put sticker on my car.  I have them on my truck mainly Team RF crap.  this past weekend like 30 cars got broken into here in the apartments I was shitting a huge brick when I heard. thank god my car was untouched, but two cars next to me, and the car behind me both were hit, and they had stickers on them.  Cops said that the majority were Accords, and Civic.  No broken glass, they were pretty good!  I don't think I'm gonna advertise anything!  But if it's transparent it may not be too bad!
lunatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2001, 12:19 PM   #8
transient
Premium Member

I live in a really low crime rate area, so I think i'd be ok... Besides, people around here don't have a clue who KYB or Greddy are. They're all rednecks with huge trucks that have been jacked up horribly. They're not even all that powerful. They just stick a glass-pack on there to make it sound nasty
Old 09-02-2001, 12:32 PM   #9
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
What is the point of buying a sticker if nobody can see it?  That is pretty dumb.  If you don't want one, don't buy one.  If you want something cool, like a light-reflective color changing one, that is awesome.  Just think about what you are saying before you type.  i.e."maybe it wouldn't be too bad if it were barely noticeable.  I'm afraid to put sticker on my car...  But if it's transparent it may not be too bad!"
-Jeff
Jeff240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 01:38 AM   #10
lunatik
Leaky Injector

lunatik is an unknown quantity at this point
jeff
    I am aware that a transparent sticker would be pointless.  I just don't want anything to take way from the car.
lunatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 02:55 PM   #11
my240likenoother
Zilvia FREAK!

my240likenoother is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to my240likenoother
well i addvertive my car alot buy showing it to people that i dont even know and buy repersenting the stickers i like stickers it makes the car look a littel more atimadating
(once agen sorry for the spelling)
my240likenoother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 08:58 PM   #12
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
I think stickers are a bad thing, if they're done in excess.  Or if they are REALLY conspicous.  Like a LIME GREEN sticker of something you don't even have on the hood of your BLACK car.
So this brings me to my point.  I don't think that one color would work.  People here have cars from silver to black, and red and green.  Unless it was a translucent sticker that changed colors when lights hit it.
-Jeff
Jeff240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 10:49 AM   #13
transient
Premium Member

Yeah, that's what I wanna do, but you still have the fact that it's a sticker sitting on top of the paint. You've got that 10th of a millimeter rise when you get to the sticker, u know? If I was gonna do it, I'd wanna find a way to make it totally flush with the paint job...