Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-30-2001, 02:51 AM   #1
Grant
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Grant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grant Send a message via MSN to Grant
When I'm driving, I hear this sound, kinda like u were going over the lane bumps on the freeway. I thought my tires were off balance so I had it balanced, but i still hear it. I only hear it when I'm going slow or slowing down, (not my brakes) My friend said it may be my driveshaft or something, or maybe shocks. Anyways. I was wondering if anybody has this problem or know a solutions to it. Another problem is that my tach needle always bounces going from 3000-4000rpm although the engine isnt actually surging in speed. Does any body have the same problem or know the solution to this?
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2001, 09:11 AM   #2
West
OMNOMNOMNOM

West has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to West
Your heat sheilds could be rattling. Check them out from your Headers all the down. I had this problem on my s13, my heat sheild under the car that was over the lower section of my header was loose.
West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2001, 02:50 AM   #3
Grant
Premium Member

Grant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Grant Send a message via MSN to Grant
it doesn feel like a rattling noise tho, it sounds and feels like the tires are going over the lane bumps on the freeway, it only happens at low speeds. when i speed up it goes away, when i slow down, it comes back.  feels like unbalanced tires. but i already had em rebalanced. any other suggestions? I'm going to take off the heatshields.
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2001, 03:05 PM   #4
ca18guy
Premium Member

ca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfection
It could be the rear suspension bushings, you might want to have them checked and replaced, as for the tach it's probably either the connection in the back of the dash or the connection on the tranny. I would check the dash part first, grease the wire and make sure you put it back in correctly if that does'nt work you should check the tranny connection, where that is I have no idea.
ca18guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 09:19 PM   #5

test