Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Z Chassis

Z Chassis Technical discussion related to the Z Chassis such as the S30, S310, Z31, Z32, Z33 and Z34.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:03 PM   #1
LuvNissanZXSX

Trader Rating: (0)
LuvNissanZXSX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy 300ZX Z32 TT Intake Manifold Removal... HELP ME???

I have a 1990 300zx twin turbo and i having trouble removing the intake manifold!

I got all the bolts out of the middle and lots of other things removed as well... There is still something holding it up on the drivers side... Is there a common mistake that us retards seem to make? What am i missing?

If you can help me then please do so as i really miss my car and it is just sitting, collecting dust, and losing air in the tires! ='(

The left side (passenger side) is free and lifts up but somewhere on the drivers side it is tight and does not want to budge!

PLEASE HELP!!!
LuvNissanZXSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
SeanK

Trader Rating: (1)
SeanK is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Check that both egr connectors on the front underside of the plenum have been removed. If this is your first plenum pull there are A LOT of hoses that have to be disconnected.
Print out this doc and go through out on the car, it may help find your problem.
http://webpages.charter.net/baowuf/PlenumPull.pdf
SeanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:00 PM   #3
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Dude shold have hit me up Ive done countless amounts of plenum pulls what are you doing that requires the plenum pull? the only things that hold the Driverside down, is the EGR Tube, Water Lines for the Turbos and Throttle Bodies, The support braket that has the Boost Solenoids on it, and vacuum lines,

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:48 AM   #4
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
agree. Wish I would have seen this sooner.

The big Biatch with the z32 mani is the egr tubes. you need a good offset ratcheting wrench, or a patient hand to remove the 2 10mm nuts from each tube.

There are also many vac lines, and the brake booster hose.

Not to mention the cracking prone coil pack harness and injector harness that needs to be moved out of the way.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:36 AM   #5
txq45

txq45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to txq45
Just about everyone does the EGR and coolant lines delete when doing the plenum pull for the first time.. From there on out it's only about 30 minutes to remove
txq45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:17 PM   #6
fcdrifter20
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
fcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post
agree. Wish I would have seen this sooner.

The big Biatch with the z32 mani is the egr tubes. you need a good offset ratcheting wrench, or a patient hand to remove the 2 10mm nuts from each tube.

yup. or u could get luky like me and be blessed with tiny hands that make z work for me a peice of cake
fcdrifter20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:09 PM   #7
franklin93zx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
franklin93zx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
While you in there might aswell delet the egr aiv's and bypass coolant lines it will make working on it later that much easier
franklin93zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:09 PM   #8
TTnickdizzle
Zilvia Member

TTnickdizzle is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcdrifter20 View Post
yup. or u could get luky like me and be blessed with tiny hands that make z work for me a peice of cake

Do not listen to this guy at all!!! even with his small ass hands he managed shave a hole straight thru the plenum trying to change out some injectors....... true story. Hope that customer never noticed that!!!!!!hahahah wack ass Danny !!! how u been son?
TTnickdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:15 PM   #9
fcdrifter20
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
fcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTnickdizzle View Post
Do not listen to this guy at all!!! even with his small ass hands he managed shave a hole straight thru the plenum trying to change out some injectors....... true story. Hope that customer never noticed that!!!!!!hahahah wack ass Danny !!! how u been son?

bitch that shit was your fault!!evrytime you came by something would break... lol and luckily we had a couple extra manifold to replace that one with!
fcdrifter20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:38 PM   #10
cameornkeith

cameornkeith is an unknown quantity at this point
im new

hey guys new to the forum i got my 92 na im rebuilding a motor to be a tt and i need to know if the t and na intake manifolds are diffrent and besides pistons exhaust valves and piston rings what else do i need to make the engine swap internal wise (i know i need turbos intercooler and all the fun go fast stuff.) thanks guys it would be a big help

oh on a second not yes the na can be swapped into a tt engine by few modifications the heads crank connecting rods coil packs and mainbearings are all the same, and the na block can hold boost its jsut the top portion of the engine im starting to have questions with
cameornkeith is offline   Reply With Quote