Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2018, 07:29 AM   #11
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
Well, rip to this car. Kid doesn't even know what he has and has to ask what he should do when modifying a car? No way it will turn out well
It appears the kid is six years older than you, lol.

While I can see how his post could be interpreted as being written by a sixteen year old that just got his first car and isn't sure what to do with it, I think it's more someone that's fairly new to the S chassis community. Someone that was alive at a time when you used to be able to post an honest discussion like this on a forum and be able to hold a civilized and mature conversation. I am not sure Zilvia was ever this place, but most other forums were, haha.

That car looks like an incredible place to start from. I've always wanted to start a build from a clean slate like that. If the paint is as clean as it appears to be, I would probably consider looking into replacing all of the moldings and weather stripping if they need it. Replace all of the suspension bushings with NISMO components, possibly upgrade the brakes, add some Navan aero, etc

I think my goal would be to preserve as much of the car as possible and try to stick to things that can be easily reversed. An SR swap would be super tempting to me, but mostly because I have never had much interest in the KA. However, in this car I might be tempted to leave it alone engine wise for a long time.

Locking the car in a barn for 20 years would likely result in a profit as most people have stated, but where's the fun in that? There are much better ways to invest money that will offer a better return after 20 years than this car ever will. I've never understood the point in owning a car you never drive or enjoy, but I know everyone is different.

Best of luck with the car! I'm pretty jealous, haha.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote