Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 07-17-2003, 10:32 AM   #31
NZO
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
NZO is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NZO
Kazuo: Vishnu uses a dynodynamics dyno. They give lower numbers (which internet racers hate) but they are more accurate thany any other dyno.

Here is all the information about why this dyno is the best:
http://www.vishnutuning.com/dynos_dont_lie.htm
http://www.vishnutuning.com/dyno_myth.htm

And a little excel spreadsheet to show the differences between dyno ratings:
http://www.vishnutuning.com/How_Big_...Horsepower.xls

Its up to majority of course, but if you read through that stuff I'm sure youll agree that vishnu's dyno is superior.

Also the other nice thing about vishnu is that they dont just do 3 pulls and take your car off, they will continue to do pulls untill the reading is consistant. Which means you know exactly how much power youre making, not just how much you average over 3 pulls.
NZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2003, 02:34 PM   #32
kazuo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
NZO: Do me a favour and talk to Vishnu and see what they can do for us as far as a group rate. I will still probably go ahead and do it at my friend's friend's shop, but it is good to shop around.

We are down to 11 people, my friend Basil backed out since he is getting an AFC in mid-August and doesnt want to bother with the dyno runs if he's not going to have it installed in time.

We still have over 10 people so I don't see any issues unless more people start backing out.

I will be collecting money in the next week or so, so get ready to pay up.
kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 02:41 PM   #33
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

TRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to TRUENOCOUPE
I need to tune my car, Can you ask them how much for an hour with the rest of you guys.

All you guys just wants to see how much you guys are putting out but thats useless for me.

Danio-
Are you selling your front end? Ill buy it off you. I want a 97-98 Front end.
TRUENOCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 06:23 PM   #34
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
any word on an exact date yet?
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 11:03 PM   #35
kazuo
Post Whore!

kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
UPDATE ON STUFF.

TRUENOCOUPE: You will get three runs on the dyno (as it stands right now). I think you can get some tuning done with that, if not you can always do some more runs later on. I'll get back to you on that.

As far as the date goes, its still up in the air; definitly on a weekend, definitely in August. I will have the exact date/time and location finalized by this coming week. I will begin hitting people up for payment then. If you don't pay you don't get a spot. I will announce also next week whether or not we are gonna accept roll-ins at the door (they will probably have to pay more than the rest of us).

Keep on asking friends & all if they need dyno runs -- the more the merrier!

EDIT: Also, as far as people coming to watch/loiter/whatever -- there will be room for cars, but not a ton of room -- first come first serve. And naturally priority will be given to people who are actually going to run their cars.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:20 PM   #36
GotDriftS14
Zilvia Junkie

GotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choices
did somebody call me Mike Gonzo?? hahaha...well sorry but i wont be able to participate in the dyno day festivities, im too poor and plus my car sucks and it still has the automagic tranny.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:27 PM   #37
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

TRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to TRUENOCOUPE
Re: UPDATE ON STUFF.

Quote:
Originally posted by kazuo
TRUENOCOUPE: You will get three runs on the dyno (as it stands right now). I think you can get some tuning done with that, if not you can always do some more runs later on. I'll get back to you on that.
Sorry but three runs are is just not enough.

I did a total 14 runs for an hour and that only got me to third gear.

Just ask for me, I appreciate it.

Thanks
Al
TRUENOCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 06:23 PM   #38
speeddreamz
Zilvia FREAK!

speeddreamz is just really nicespeeddreamz is just really nicespeeddreamz is just really nicespeeddreamz is just really nicespeeddreamz is just really nicespeeddreamz is just really nicespeeddreamz is just really nicespeeddreamz is just really nicespeeddreamz is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to speeddreamz
im down, for the dyno

you mighta seen me at the last meet.

aim: stoopidfast

ph# 415-812-1427
speeddreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 01:18 PM   #39
kazuo
Post Whore!

Just so you guys don't think we're not doing anything:

We're waiting on a callback from ATP regarding the date we can do it. The dates I gave them were August 16/17, or August 23/24.. They require a 10-12 car MINNIMUM for group dyno days, and it would appear we have that easily, barring anyone backing out at the last second.

We're not going with my other friend's shop cus they wanted $60 and ATP is giving us a $50 rate. ATP is located in Fremont (yes, FREMONT) so bring your front license plates, and don't do anything stupid!

I will begin collecting money as soon as they call me back. You must pay in advance, and please please PLEASE don't sign up if you think you'll have to bail for ANY reason! It's not fair to the rest of us.

I will accept PayPal (plus 3%), money orders or CASH. NO CHECKS ACCEPTED

If you are paying via MO or cash you can drop it off either to me (Frisco) or Chris (Milpitas), whichever works best. Otherwise you can mail me money or pay via PayPal (add 3% cus they suck and steal money)
Old 07-31-2003, 04:37 PM   #40
autobahNESSA
Zilvia FREAK!

autobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to autobahNESSA
If anybody is going to be sending me the money,
Please contact me
my email is
[email protected]

I'm located in milpitas near Golfland.

Chris
autobahNESSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 04:39 PM   #41
autobahNESSA
Zilvia FREAK!

autobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfection
Ohh my # is 408-483-9002 Please call me after 9pm but before 12.

Chris
Old 07-31-2003, 05:15 PM   #42
kazuo
Post Whore!

Dyno day is on

Here is all pertinent information. Any questions? Call/E-Mail/IM.

NORCAL240SX DYNO DAY
Presented by SPRITE REMIX & TWO DRUNKEN PENGUINS
Saturday, August 18th @ 10AM
$50 for FWD/RWD - $65 for 4WD/AWD (baseline/3 pulls)

Come on out and put your money where your mouth is -- or just find out how much power you're really putting down! Spectators are welcome, but parking space is prioritized for people who are actually participating in the event.

44777-G S. Grimmer Blvd.
Fremont, CA 94538

FROM THE NORTH BAY:
I-80 EAST
Take the I-880 SOUTH exit towards AIRPORT/ALAMEDA/SAN JOSE
Merge on I-880 SOUTH
Take the AUTO MALL PARKWAY exit
Turn Left on AUTO MALL PKY 0.4
Turn Right on S GRIMMER BLVD

FROM THE SOUTH BAY:
TAKE I-880 NORTH
Take the AUTO MALL PARKWAY EXIT
See directions from North Bay

ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST PREPAY. VERY FEW PEOPLE WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE DOOR.

HOW TO PAY:
PayPal: $55 for FWD/RWD, $70 for 4WD/AWD (PayPal takes 3% so I need to charge extra for using PayPal)
Money Order: Please call/IM/E-Mail for address

Last edited by kazuo; 01-08-2015 at 10:29 PM..
Old 07-31-2003, 08:21 PM   #43
gotrice240sx
Zilvia Member

gotrice240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
um i think ur dates messed up so which is it?
Old 07-31-2003, 10:17 PM   #44
kazuo
Post Whore!

its on SATURDAY the SIXTEENTH, not the eighteenth (thats a monday!). I ****ed up.

My bad.

:P

Old 08-01-2003, 05:23 PM   #45
autobahNESSA
Zilvia FREAK!

Everybody that will drop off money to me, I'm going to be gone Wednessday night August 6, through Monday August 11th.

I should be back in the morning on August 11th.

Therefore it is best if you can get your money to me by tuesday August 5th.

We must turn in a deposite before the 16th. And were looking to do it by the 13th of August.

contact me for any questions

Chris- Im located in milpitas
[email protected]
408-483-9002 after 9pm please
Old 08-03-2003, 10:28 PM   #46
anthony240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
anthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anthony240
ahhh i can't make it, i work saturdays now. oh well...i'll see if i can get out of it.
Old 08-04-2003, 02:14 PM   #47
kazuo
Post Whore!

The "Paid" List

If you're not on here, maybe you should send us some money.

PAID PARTICIPANTS:
1) Art (me; Silver Green S13 Silvia)
2) Chris B. (Chris; Red 240SX Hatchback)
3) A.C. (Chris B's friend; Orange Camaro)
4) Su (Chris B's friend; Multi-colored MR2)
5) Steven Ching (Black 240SX)

jall gots to show me the quan. :hammer:

Old 08-04-2003, 02:40 PM   #48
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
crap, sorry to have to flake out guys

my mom and gramps are gonna be in town that weekend, so i gotta spend some time with them
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 03:23 PM   #49
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

thx247 is an unknown quantity at this point
OH **** haha...its my gf's birthday that day. lol...hope she does not kill me. (I'm still going though) I may just need to be outta there by 2-3pm.
thx247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 10:34 PM   #50
kazuo
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally posted by thx247
OH **** haha...its my gf's birthday that day. lol...hope she does not kill me. (I'm still going though) I may just need to be outta there by 2-3pm.
That's fine dude, I'll just schedule you in one of the early runs so you can get outta there before 2 or 3pm.

Old 08-05-2003, 03:56 PM   #51
s13chica
Zilvia Junkie

s13chica is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s13chica
I'd totally be in...but I'm off to mexico today and there is no way I can get you the money by the 13th since I don't come home until the 14th. I can give you cash on the 15th if that's allowed, otherwise I guess I'll just have to watch and cry.
Old 08-05-2003, 04:03 PM   #52
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

georgia, alex or I can spot for you. You've probably left already, I'll ask alex whats up and go from there. Use the phone if you get this.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:41 PM   #53
kazuo
Post Whore!

thx247: Tell Georgia its cool and she can cough up the cash at the door. Its cool cus I know she's good for it!!

Everyone else... start paying up!! I already have a bunch of people who have paid up so you guys better start paying, or you're out of luck!!!
Old 08-05-2003, 11:24 PM   #54
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

me and halz are good for the money lol. Just to lazy to call you guys and set something up...=)

georgia is in mexico now so no contact with her, she left by the time i called. I'm sure she'll be happy to find shes covered when she gets back.

I dunno, ill try calling this number someone emailed me awhile back...setup a money drop.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:53 AM   #55
aeontony
Zilvia Junkie

aeontony is an unknown quantity at this point
I wanted to go..but I am headed off to Japan this Thursday. Hopefully another one will be organized after my car is done =)

Au no wa wakare no hajime...
aeontony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 02:08 AM   #56
kazuo
Post Whore!

werd dude. i do accept paypal. otherwise you might wanna call Chris B. and drop off money to him, unelss yall wanna come up to Frisco. He's going out of town this weekend until the middle of next week, so get in touch with him sooner than layter.

i had actually e-mailed Georgia but she never got back to me... otherwise i woulda told her it was gravy train.

hope to see you two cats there... we're up to six paid participants, if I count Georgia =)

you two would make eight. i had one paid person who had to bail due to unforseen circumstances.. :/

Quote:
Originally posted by thx247
me and halz are good for the money lol. Just to lazy to call you guys and set something up...=)

georgia is in mexico now so no contact with her, she left by the time i called. I'm sure she'll be happy to find shes covered when she gets back.

I dunno, ill try calling this number someone emailed me awhile back...setup a money drop.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:44 AM   #57
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
damni wish i had my sr20 in the car..this would be so perfect...
Old 08-06-2003, 08:08 AM   #58
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally posted by nokeone
damni wish i had my sr20 in the car..this would be so perfect...
What are you waiting for?
Old 08-06-2003, 10:38 AM   #59
kaotiklude25

kaotiklude25 is an unknown quantity at this point
frmeont meet

imma go too...jsut to check out y'all nice rides and see wut ppl are doin to their car ya kno....count me in too...kaotik
kaotiklude25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 10:38 AM   #60
kaotiklude25

kaotiklude25 is an unknown quantity at this point
frmeont meet

imma go too...jsut to check out y'all nice rides and see wut ppl are doin to their car ya kno....count me in too...kaotik
kaotiklude25 is offline   Reply With Quote