Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 10:54 PM   #1
import_racer87
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
import_racer87 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
AWD is boring me to death

long story short, i had a 99 Civic Si that i was tired of and traded it in on an 02 wrx (currenty 6 months into payments on it). Now the reason i did this is because im in college in a higher elevation area that gets a good amount of snow in the winter and i need the extra room. Now i enjoy the power of the wrx but it is the most boring thing in my entire life. i havent spun a tire in 6 months and im going through withdraw. Oddly enough i feel so safe that i cant stand it.

What would you do in this situation? would you keep the wrx because its the "right" thing to do, or would you get what you really want (a 240sx, 300zx, 240z, something along those lines)

have any of you gone from rwd to awd and hated it/ loved it? gone from awd to rwd, hate it/ love it?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2005, 10:56 PM   #2
luckie2hav3her
BANNED

luckie2hav3her is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to luckie2hav3her
wtf ur werid
Old 05-25-2005, 10:58 PM   #3
import_racer87
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckie2hav3her
wtf ur werid
thank you for your contribution.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:02 AM   #4
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i feel you man. dump that shit and get a new rwd car
Old 05-26-2005, 12:03 AM   #5
rainier
Nissanaholic!

rainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud ofrainier has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to rainier
its safe, fast, stylish,.. SAFE. keep it.

im tired of my FWD drive now. but i get good mpg so yeah. im just gonna wait it out for now

Old 05-26-2005, 12:03 AM   #6
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WILDACEX187
go get ur civic back.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:19 AM   #7
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
I would fucking shred a wrx in the snow soooo hard. Dont be such a sissy
Old 05-26-2005, 12:21 AM   #8
lucky7
Post Whore!

lucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfection
ive driven a couple WRX's. frankly, i have more fun in my civic.. awd is ghey.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:36 AM   #9
RSP13-Sideways
Zilvia Addict

RSP13-Sideways is making a name for him/her selfRSP13-Sideways is making a name for him/her selfRSP13-Sideways is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to RSP13-Sideways
AWD gets old reallllllll fast.......but if you're living in higher elevation county, go take that bitch into the snow.... just make sure there are no hidden rocks there or you'll be hurtin hahahah

WTB: Nothing at the moment. LEWL
WTS: Everything sold, thanks folks!
Old 05-26-2005, 01:38 AM   #10
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
i wouldn't sell a car until I knew I had taken it to the limit of my driving ability in it or it was broken or i had enough cash that I just didn't care.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:44 AM   #11
AllenRPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

AllenRPS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
keep it first, and sell it once u find a good car u like
Old 05-26-2005, 02:01 AM   #12
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
put some really crappy tires on it and drive in inclement weather.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:34 AM   #13
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Here's what you do:
You make the ultimate decision that you are just plain tired of the car, in the face of the convenience and safety it affords you given your situation. You go out, sell it, then you buy that 240SX/Z32/240Z, and continue to attempt to drive IT in your snowy higher elevation situation, you wrap it around a tree, a telephone pole, or simply off the side of the mountain... Another one bites the dust, the rest of us will be able to make even MORE insanely inflated cash on parts and shit.

And I write too!
Old 05-26-2005, 07:52 AM   #14
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
if that car is boring you suck at driving.

the end.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:14 AM   #15
sepulchral
BANNED

sepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymore
u think thats bad try driving this: http://www.bizlocker.com/subaru

but now im back to an rps13 it feels
So
Damn
Good...
Old 05-26-2005, 11:33 AM   #16
pruto
Zilvia Addict

pruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to all
if you're not sliding your AWD car, or if it feels too "safe", you're not driving hard enough. My friend goes insane in his wrx and has no problem having stupid fun in it.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:55 AM   #17
ZK
Zilvia FREAK!

ZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her self
I don't see anything wrong with your car. WRXs can be very fun to drive as well. You don't need to be spinning tires to have fun in a car. I used to have a 00 Civic Si and sold that to get out of the car payments. Every car has its fun and is different. I loved the way the Civic could hug corners and I can get the rear end loose with a big rear sway bar and use the throttle to pull it straight again on corner exits, the VTEC switchover at 6K and scream all the way to 8K. With the 240 it is exactly the opposite, it comes loose on throttle, not off but fun nonetheless - just in a different way and needs to be driven differently.

What you need to do is go modify that car so it is more fun to drive. Get a big rear sway bar and your rear end will come out real easy in cornering. When that happens I hope you know what you're doing...
Old 05-26-2005, 12:00 PM   #18
TheSpeedFactor
Leaky Injector

TheSpeedFactor is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TheSpeedFactor
you need an AWD that can take a hit. I wouldn't trade my AWD DSM for anything.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:33 PM   #19
S14@SIM

S14@SIM will become famous soon enoughS14@SIM will become famous soon enoughS14@SIM will become famous soon enoughS14@SIM will become famous soon enough
I love my 240, but damn the car sux ass in bad weather(bad tires also). I haven't had it long enough to drive in the snow yet, but my ex-roomate killed his S14 on like a patch of ice 2 winters ago. Suck it up and drive the AWD for that cause once you get rid of it, you'll be missing it in bad weather. Besides...I dont know how many times I've seen wrx goes slideway at autoX.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:13 PM   #20
91CRXsiR
Nissanaholic!

91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to 91CRXsiR Send a message via MSN to 91CRXsiR
sell it and get a B20 Civic and have fun spining tires in 5th gear
Old 05-26-2005, 01:37 PM   #21
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
I dont see how a wrx could be boring in snow though... Clutch drops, hand brake slides, just fucking rally manuvers like whoa. Not having to drive super super careful in shitty conditions, are you just looking for an excuse to get a car you think is hot?? Call me and I will trade you straight up for that thing.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:32 PM   #22
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
no! trade me for my s14! i'm closer!
Old 05-26-2005, 02:53 PM   #23
jdm538
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
jdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
i would keep it you are still paying for it, if it runs good stay practical so you dont have to concentrate on maintenance and finish school.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:59 PM   #24
sandcrawler

sandcrawler is an unknown quantity at this point
PM'ed, trade+fun: your WRX for my S13.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:09 PM   #25
SDS14Driver
Leaky Injector

SDS14Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with a lot of these guys when they say keep the car dude. I just switched from a lightly modified S13 w/o LSD to a currently stock s14 with an LSD and the difference is uncanny. Your car got's a lot of potential man, you just got to tune that bitch's suspension so you could really get funky.

We're in the same boat, i'm stock too; for now.

LSDs people!! if you don't got one yet, you got some junk yard searchin to do... Espically you s13 drivers. Night & Day.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:23 PM   #26
import_racer87
Leaky Injector

thanks for all of the opinions , ive been thinking for awhile about throwing some cash into suspension parts, so thats what i think ill do. i think it may seem like a good idea to me now to buy a rwd car, but i think in the long run (considering the weather conditions from october-january) it would be best to keep what i have, then either buy a 240 as a project car on the side, or after college. You cant really beat a turbo car with a warranty in college, thanks for the help guys.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:23 PM   #27
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
problem with the WRX is the drivetrain is notorious for being weak. Plus the car can be lots of fun without wheelspin. But i'm not a big fan of AWD. IMO it has twice the traction of a normal car so it should have twice the power..say 400whp. Otherwise i'll stick to RWD.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:22 PM   #28
dct223
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
dct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dct223
regular wrx's are not that fast bone stock... they are restricted up the ying yang... my friend is pushing out close to 300 hp to the wheels on stock turbo with ecu reflash and some bolt ons... after that he could do the power slides and what not on dry conditions... ive driven it after the reflash.. and i dont see how u think its boring...
Old 05-26-2005, 09:48 PM   #29
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by westboroughpimp
problem with the WRX is the drivetrain is notorious for being weak. Plus the car can be lots of fun without wheelspin. But i'm not a big fan of AWD. IMO it has twice the traction of a normal car so it should have twice the power..say 400whp. Otherwise i'll stick to RWD.
not really. since the front wheels drive it changes the characteristics of powering through corners. since the front wheels work in cooperation with the rear you don't really need twice as much power because it channels it BETTER (in some cases). a 50/50 split is wasted power so you might have a point... idunno... i just know the only aWD car i'd have would be RWD biased like a skyline or porsche.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:54 PM   #30
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
i thought the split on a WRX is even less than 50-50, like 60-40 or something
Closed Thread