Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:20 PM   #1
Bahdra

Trader Rating: (0)
Bahdra is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 ultra low coilovers

ok i've decided the streetability is no longer needed for s13 i want to know what coilovers are out here with witch i can slam my car on its nuts

i found the kts ultra low coilovers for a decent price but i need some other options
Bahdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2008, 08:40 PM   #2
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
powered by max coilovers will get you as low as you want! be sure to get their toe arm for slammed cars, and their matching camber arm too.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:50 PM   #3
OTG Vinyl
Zilvia Member

OTG Vinyl is an unknown quantity at this point
Airbags.
OTG Vinyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:55 PM   #4
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
stance!

msg..
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:06 PM   #5
lunatyk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
lunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lunatyk
Why do you need other options, kts is great quality. Wish I got them while they had that ultra-low option.
lunatyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:13 PM   #6
louisdaboois
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
louisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Group Buy Numero 2: Fortune 40 way adjustable Coilovers Awesome Price! - VAdriven.com Forums. good buy, great coilovers for pretty cheap and they go low
louisdaboois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:15 PM   #7
CoreyS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
CoreyS13 is on the path to ruinCoreyS13 is on the path to ruinCoreyS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
You realize a car that is basically scraping the ground sucks for track use? It may look good but say bye bye to handling.
CoreyS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:52 PM   #8
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyS13 View Post
You realize a car that is basically scraping the ground sucks for track use? It may look good but say bye bye to handling.

Everyone knows that.

it's not that bad anyway.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:57 PM   #9
Bahdra

Bahdra is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyS13 View Post
i know this but the coilovers are adjustable meaning for the weekend at the track and when she needs to get on the trailer i can raise the car up a bit you know ... for better handling

i want to be able to slam it for photos and shows
Bahdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 04:58 AM   #10
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahdra View Post
i know this but the coilovers are adjustable meaning for the weekend at the track and when she needs to get on the trailer i can raise the car up a bit you know ... for better handling

i want to be able to slam it for photos and shows
Umm...you gonna have an alignment machine with you when you raise the car for "better handling"?!?!

You fuck around with the ride height, you fuck around with the aligment...so that may not be something you wanna do on a regular basis cuz your alignment will be off every single time you mess around with it...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:24 AM   #11
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisdaboois View Post
sorry but.... 40 way adjustable? fucking marketing bs! you don't need 40 way adjustable..
Old 12-06-2008, 11:38 AM   #12
A PUNK

A PUNK is an unknown quantity at this point
Is there even a 40 way ajustable? haha... You should really just get good track hieght coilovers so that you have good handling and then at shows lower it. Don't go spend money on shit that is going to mess with your peformance. Also, your wheels won't bend that much when you drop it so most people won't even notice. Just throwin' my two cents in...
A PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:42 AM   #13
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Look if i don't put clicks on the knob, i can put whatever number i want.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:55 AM   #14
A PUNK

I'm not following you... WTF did you say? haha
Old 12-06-2008, 12:00 PM   #15
murda-c
Post Whore!

Alot of shock adjusters don't click when you turn them, so you could really divide the adjustment up as small as you want. The number of adjustments doesn't really affect the adjustment range anyway.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:48 PM   #16
louisdaboois
Zilvia Addict

louisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfectionlouisdaboois is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
sorry but.... 40 way adjustable? fucking marketing bs! you don't need 40 way adjustable..
I agree that you dont NEED 40 way adjustable.... but then again, you dont need a turbo engine, nor do you need to be low with flush ass fitment in the first place. But it's nice. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by A PUNK View Post
Is there even a 40 way ajustable?
yes there are.

Quote:
haha... You should really just get good track hieght coilovers so that you have good handling and then at shows lower it. Don't go spend money on shit that is going to mess with your peformance.
There are ways to properly adjust suspension so you can be low and handle great. go to shows and lower it? are we in fast and furious?

Quote:
Also, your wheels won't bend that much when you drop it so most people won't even notice. Just throwin' my two cents in...
what the f*ck does that even mean? I'm sure youre talking about the amount of camber, but jesus christ you need to learn some more automotive vocabulary words.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:51 PM   #17
A PUNK

Haha, yeah. That was the word. I couldn't find it for the life of me. Is this car a Daily driver or a track car or a show car...
Old 12-06-2008, 05:07 PM   #18
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
I like my JIC-FLT-A2's... Kinda. lol
This is how I'm set now. I could still drop it another 3'' if I removed some collars and whatnot.

Better pic...

And for those who keep asking.
Veilside Andrew Racing V's (In a supposed rare gun metal grey). 17x9 +17 255/40/17 all around.

Last edited by atutt; 12-06-2008 at 06:26 PM..
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:04 PM   #19
irax
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisdaboois View Post
I agree that you dont NEED 40 way adjustable.... but then again, you dont need a turbo engine, nor do you need to be low with flush ass fitment in the first place. But it's nice. lol
By that I mean you can't tell the difference from maybe max stiff and max soft. so really its just 2 way adjustable with 38 clicks in between. and wider stance does make a difference... but with your logic you dont NEED a car or the internet anyways... but if you WANT quality coilovers that go low Powered By Max is what i recommend.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:13 PM   #20
louisdaboois
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
By that I mean you can't tell the difference from maybe max stiff and max soft. so really its just 2 way adjustable with 38 clicks in between. and wider stance does make a difference... but with your logic you dont NEED a car or the internet anyways... but if you WANT quality coilovers that go low Powered By Max is what i recommend.

I mean, you can tell a difference between max stiff and soft. Kind of like wiper speed. you have low, med, and high. then you have the adjustment knob to get it juuuuuuust right.

anyway... quality and lowness. PBM def. Just thought I'd give another opinion.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #21
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Just shut up all you guys getting butt hurt defending your friend's coilovers or whatever.

All that adjustability is just window dressing to sell a product.

Megans have 32 way adjustability or some crap, but you can't even tell the difference between 8 and 10.

If you want coilovers Stance for S chassis were specially built to go low.

Pretty much any coilover can go low, you just gotta know what to do during installation.

If you gotta ask what kind of coilovers you should get you need to do more research.

Everyone in here is going to have a skewed opinion based on what they own/owned.

I've had Tein SS- KTS- KBee- Tein Super Drift

In that order and I consider the last set the best set of coilovers I've ever owned.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:41 PM   #22
rps13drift
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
rps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews