Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-04-2009, 10:06 PM   #1
Volchok
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
Volchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Volchok
full race manifold won't clear outlet pipe

Anyone familiar with installing a full-race pro stock T25 manifold? I got everything on a when I went to put on the outlet pipe that connects to the hot pipe, it hits the runner on the manifold. I tried using the clocking adapter for the t25/t28 turbo swap, cause I bought it but didn't need it with the greddy intake I bought. But that causes it to sit on a strange angle and still doesn't really clear. The only thing I can think of is getting about a 1" think piece of billet made to allow it to sit flush but still clear the mani runner.

Just hoping someone else has run into this before, I searched and found nothing.
Volchok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #2
brian m
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
brian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hey Shaun

You have a 2871 with the stock style inlet and outlet? Like this:

And the hotpipe is hitting #1 runner?

Any Pics?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
god...... some of you guys suck some serious testicallage
brian m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:23 PM   #3
Volchok
Zilvia Junkie

Volchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to behold
my bad I should have been more clear, I was just posting quickly before eating dinner. I have a T28 turbo with stock inlet and outlet . here is a pic:

Old 03-04-2009, 11:33 PM   #4
hitman
Zilvia FREAK!

hitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to hitman
touge factory makes a spacer/turner guy, prolly check that out
also, your coolant line style sucks
i think you should move it somehow so it doesnt melt
Old 03-04-2009, 11:44 PM   #5
Volchok
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman View Post
touge factory makes a spacer/turner guy, prolly check that out
also, your coolant line style sucks
i think you should move it somehow so it doesnt melt
i actually have a spacer this one:

doesnt give enough clearance. and the angle is wrong for the greddy outlet pipe. I am going to try with the stock one tomorrow. Was hoping i would run into someone who has had this problem.

the water line will go under the outlet pipe when attached.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:57 PM   #6
kensreliableb18b
Zilvia Addict

Location: so cal - 626, 909, 562 and 949. 818 if i feel like running away
Trader Rating: (1)
kensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
hmm, have you tried clocking the turbo a bit more? looks pretty maxed out but i'd try that. worst case scenario, you'd have to ditch the compressor outlet adapter piece and run the outlet pipe at the 45degree and mess with your hotpipe setup instead of having it point straight up and hit the runner.
kensreliableb18b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:06 AM   #7
Volchok
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensreliableb18b View Post
hmm, have you tried clocking the turbo a bit more? looks pretty maxed out but i'd try that. worst case scenario, you'd have to ditch the compressor outlet adapter piece and run the outlet pipe at the 45degree and mess with your hotpipe setup instead of having it point straight up and hit the runner.
do you mean turning the turbo compressor a bit? I was worried the oil return tube wouldnt match up anymore if i did that or do that rotate independently?
Old 03-05-2009, 12:14 AM   #8
kensreliableb18b
Zilvia Addict

Location: so cal - 626, 909, 562 and 949. 818 if i feel like running away
Trader Rating: (1)
kensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchok View Post
do you mean turning the turbo compressor a bit? I was worried the oil return tube wouldnt match up anymore if i did that or do that rotate independently?
no, just the compressor side, independent of center--oil return position shouldn't be compensated.
kensreliableb18b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:16 AM   #9
drifter_for_life06
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
drifter_for_life06 is making a name for him/her selfdrifter_for_life06 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drifter_for_life06 Send a message via Yahoo to drifter_for_life06
how does that outlet even attach? i see no mounting points?

either way, seems like custom made hotpipe/outlet is going to be your next step
Old 03-05-2009, 12:22 AM   #10
Volchok
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter_for_life06 View Post
how does that outlet even attach? i see no mounting points?

either way, seems like custom made hotpipe/outlet is going to be your next step
three bolts at the corners, and I need to be running by the 14th.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:24 AM   #11
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
yea looks like you just need to reclock the turbo some.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:43 AM   #12
Volchok
Zilvia Junkie

u do that by loosening the bolts on the compressor housing? that wont cause the drain tube to not line up anymore>?
Old 03-05-2009, 12:54 AM   #13
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
as stated before....

there are 3 pieces to a turbo.

you can rotate any of them, spin the compressor, spin the outlet, or loosen both ends and spin the middle.

sucks for you having to take that shit off again though.

you can also try with the stock compressor outlet with the adapter plate, if that clears but is clocked wrong, (should be in the stock s14/s15 t28 position now) switch the 90 degree coupler with the 45 on the hotpipe and cut some of it bov tube. thats how they do it in japan without clocking adapters.
ILoveJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:30 AM   #14
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

opponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond repute
have fun boiling that coolant...... and a full race manif. dedicated to a t25??? *vomits*
Old 03-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #15
Volchok
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by opponheimer View Post
have fun boiling that coolant...... and a full race manif. dedicated to a t25??? *vomits*
read much lately? or just no comprehension skills....its for a T28 and if you read any of the posts you would have seen this...
Quote:
the water line will go under the outlet pipe when attached.
very constructive post...opponheimer i can tell you have good self esteem.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:39 AM   #16
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
read much lately? or just no comprehension skills....its for a T28 and if you read any of the posts you would have seen this...

very constructive post...opponheimer i can tell you have good self esteem.
people are just hating because you have a badassed manifold and they have a broken down KA

hah
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:42 AM   #17
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

opponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond repute
t25... t28.. both are babies
Old 03-05-2009, 12:03 PM   #18
Volchok
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
people are just hating because you have a badassed manifold and they have a broken down KA

hah

LOL!!!! so true so true...

I love the T28 for the simple fact that I have complete stock internals and a stock headgasket...It runs great on 1.12 bar and has allowed me to be competitive with Pro Am Drift drivers. I will go bigger in time. Its funny how so many people throw huge turbos on and have been drifting for years and here I come with a T28 and 1 year experience and blow them away!
You can see my build here:
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/240970-my-1...ml#post2662258
Old 03-05-2009, 12:06 PM   #19
landins13
Zilvia Addict

landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
clock your turbo and youll be good. it would be easist for you to pull the whole manifold, clock the turbo with the hotpipe outlet on so you can make sure your good. then reinstall
Old 03-05-2009, 12:20 PM   #20
krazycaron
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
krazycaron is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krazycaron
both are babies for what motor? an sr they are perfect for really no lag......for a full built 454 yea they are baby turbos.....on my ca18det......its actually kinda big! yea man i just put a t28 on my ca with a manifold...you have to undo the bolts (ill show you in pics) and spin the compressor a little until it doesnt hit....but you have to be careful because you still have the wastegate rod......

krazycaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #21
Volchok
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by landins13 View Post
clock your turbo and youll be good. it would be easist for you to pull the whole manifold, clock the turbo with the hotpipe outlet on so you can make sure your good. then reinstall

constructive help thats what zilvia is all about! I am going to try this tonight. I should have tried to put the outlet pipe on prior to installing but it didn't occur to me that it would hit! I guess thats what happens when you do 6 hours of car work after a 10 hour work day! man real jobs suck...I wish someone would pay me to wrok on my car! LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazycaron View Post
both are babies for what motor? an sr they are perfect for really no lag......for a full built 454 yea they are baby turbos.....on my ca18det......its actually kinda big! yea man i just put a t28 on my ca with a manifold...you have to undo the bolts (ill show you in pics) and spin the compressor a little until it doesnt hit....but you have to be careful because you still have the wastegate rod......
thats what I was concerned with, the actuator and also the intake but I will play with it.

thanks to all of you trying to be helpful~!!!!! Much appreciated.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:42 PM   #22
krazycaron
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
krazycaron is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krazycaron
you shouldnt have to move it alot....just like a half inch or so.......the intake wont really be affected......i was checkin out your build...nice cage....and since when did primm start having events? where is it at the hotel or something?
krazycaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #23
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
LOL!!!! so true so true...

I love the T28 for the simple fact that I have complete stock internals and a stock headgasket...It runs great on 1.12 bar and has allowed me to be competitive with Pro Am Drift drivers. I will go bigger in time. Its funny how so many people throw huge turbos on and have been drifting for years and here I come with a T28 and 1 year experience and blow them away!
You can see my build here:
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/240970-my-1...ml#post2662258

like i said, people are full of shit. they see something they cant afford, or a girl thats too fine and all they can do is hate.

i have an s15 spec-r turbo and love it, its all about response. you gotta remember that most people have NO clue how to drive, let alone setup their car properly. people buy coilovers and dont know how to cornerweight and adjust properly. the modify their motor and have no idea how to tune it properly. take apart their lights and then water gets in them...

there's botched work everywhere because people are too stupid to research, save, and plan ahead. this is why i never buy modified cars, most people have no idea what the fuck they are doing.

i plan on picking up a full race manifold, i like their products a lot.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:50 PM   #24
Volchok
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazycaron View Post
you shouldnt have to move it alot....just like a half inch or so.......the intake wont really be affected......i was checkin out your build...nice cage....and since when did primm start having events? where is it at the hotel or something?
Thanks, Forrest Wang from Full Race built the cage. Another reason I went with that manifold, as I also bought it from him. It is a VegasDrift organized event at Buffalo Bill's we rented the parking lot. Thats where the next VegasDrift is, it is a good venue Tommy Suell did an excellent job on the track layout. Here is a video link of my car in action with my "baby" T28 at the last event at LVMS and one from Primm, at prim i still had a T25.

Video:
Primm:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su7Ys...e=channel_page
LVMS
http://vimeo.com/3376272
Old 03-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #25
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

lol look at you getting all hurt for me calling your t28 small.... okay, you're right, that t28 is the best turbo in the world, you can't make good power and have quick response with any other turbo..

gt2871r and gt3076r aint got nothing on your T28!..... anything over 300hp for drifting is ludicrus!

but really if you're happy with a t28 stick with it, whatever suits you and your driving style right?
Old 03-05-2009, 01:14 PM   #26
Volchok
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
lol look at you getting all hurt for me calling your t28 small.... okay, you're right, that t28 is the best turbo in the world, you can't make good power and have quick response with any other turbo..

gt2871r and gt3076r aint got nothing on your T28!..... anything over 300hp for drifting is ludicrus!

but really if you're happy with a t28 stick with it, whatever suits you and your driving style right?
I am amused far from hurt but again you fail at reading comprehension, I do want a bigger turbo, and will do so after I rebuild the engine as stated above. I am rebuilding the engine and getting a new turbo in about a year. I do one drift event a month and do my work accordingly, as to never miss an event. I should cut you a break you are form West Virgina after all... you prodably have a GT3076R on your horse and buggy
Old 03-05-2009, 02:04 PM   #27
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

I only went to school in WVU, its hard for me to believe somone like you would be rebuilding an engine if you can't think to clock your turbo 10-15 degrees from the get go. Go ahead, flaunt your e-penis though, make fun of them west virginians mister insecure, over defensive thirty-three year old.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:15 PM   #28
Volchok
Zilvia Junkie

LOL sounds like you are getting hurt I am making jokes, what else can you do when someone thread shits but laugh at it. I would never rebuild my engine myself, and I of course considered reclocking the turbo, as stated in the first post I was looking for someone who might have already expierienced this issue with the same setup, and might as well get as much insight as possible before fixing it.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #29
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:

what difference does it make?

a turbo is a turbo is a turbo, buy whatever you want.

some people like big tits, some medium, some small. me? its all good as long as they arent pancake titties.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:52 PM   #30
Volchok
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
what difference does it make?

a turbo is a turbo is a turbo, buy whatever you want.

some people like big tits, some medium, some small. me? its all good as long as they arent pancake titties.

well put LOL

again I appreciate the insightful advice and laugh at the negativity...