Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-16-2011, 09:23 PM   #91
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
yea all the ppl that hate him just b/c he doesnt have PBM coils anymore is astounding. Matt is real cool dude, i wish him the best. Im more looking forward to his future ASB car etc that he said he wants to build.
It isn't necessarily about which coils he was running or how much power he had, it was more about him representing all the unknown grassroot drivers out there who one day aspire to make it big.

He got into formula D with a bad ass car, he got into it with a car that many of us could probably build given the same circumstances, he represented lots of us.

Now that he's got sponsors to back him up and his focus has shifted from keeping it all fun to more competitive it seems as though he's sold out. Of course, i bet he is still the same old matt he was 2 years ago but he doesn't represent us anymore - he's just another driver now.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2011, 11:47 PM   #92
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Matt and I had some good lulz today talking about this thread. Same dude from 2 yrs ago, trust me... except I don't remember him wearing safety goggles back then. SELL OUT!!!

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:55 PM   #93
Farkel
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
Farkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Farkel
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapS13 View Post
- The "Hella Flush/Slammed" look is junked for proper suspension geometry to be competitive on the professional level
I like.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:32 AM   #94
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman View Post
i take my pants off more than anyone else though.

thanks for the support. build is coming along. should be a much better setup. the ls7 is cool because of how big the powerband will be. with the ka i had to run a 4.9 final drive to make the car faster, which sucks for wheel speed and makes you have less angle and smoke and grip too.
been working on the car every day, dyno session is next wednesday then tuning after that. there should be another update before then.
im not trying to appeal to car dorks. im not a car dork. if i didnt drift, i would drive a stock wagon or something. drifting is cool, cars are not. deal with it.
GG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
lol, Matt, thats about the last thing people on this forum are gonna understand.

I hope the new heart helps you get where you want to be.
And keeps your pants coming off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
Don't forget that only one of those cars is actually a 4 cyl. Also, don't forget that Keiichi is able to do what he does because of his skill and the way his whole car is set up, including the suspension. His car is not "hellaflush", its hella functional.

Matt is going in the right direction he needs to go in to be competitive and everyone should understand that. He's not selling out, hes buying in. I hung out in his tent for a few minutes when he was working on his car in Monroe last year. Plain and simple one of the most down to earth people who's ever gained the recognition of anyone.

Shame on any one of you fair-weather fanboi's who's giving him a load of shit
for changing his car to be more functional and, quite frankly, better. He's doing it so he can stay competitive so YOU can watch him drive more. I'm sure that there's a healthy balance between what he does for himself and what he does for his fans, but he hasn't forgotten you. You kids just need to stop being so closed minded.

If all you super sick JDM kiddies need a new bandwagon to hop on because Matt switched to a V8, go jawls all over Ken Gushi's Scion, he's still running a 4 banger.

TL;DR: Lose the hate, grow up, learn about professional sports (driving or otherwise).
Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post
You realize HP wars having been going on in Japan for a few years now right? The big turbo NOS fed 2JZs are the V8s of Japan. Why do you think the great Kumakubo is no longer even qualifying with his old Evo and building his insane 1000hp Laurel? Just to be competitive.

Props for Matt for doing what he thinks needs to be done to stay in the game and not get left behind.

Pro drifting should not be compared to grassroots, just like how pro drag racing and pro road racing shouldn't be compared to grassroots. Budgets and just the amount of exposure the pros get make everything totally different from grassroots events.
only post really worth reading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRift_g0ddess View Post
I would never take out my KA and put in a v8 but like I said it's all personal opinion.
Zilvia makes me lol
youre also not competing against other V8's tryin to make some money and getting real sponsorships...

so many bitches in here cryin and moaning about it not being grassroot or the real deal, guess what folks, grass roots drifting doesnt pay bills...its fun, just like 90% of this fucken forum, all of you are either building a car for show, or fun, or to street, which frankly, thats your shit, and ur sinking money into something that wont mount to anything except in your eyes...

Matt decided Function>Form... which i respect and agree with when theres money/sponsorships on the line...ive been fortunate to meet the guy and have a beer with em and kick back with for a minute at ASB...from what the article reads, he's making personal sacrifices not many of you would make to make this car fucken happen and you sit infront of ur screen thinking you have a right to talk shit...

theres a big difference between the people who are sitting on the stands watching someone reach a goal, and the person driving reaching said goal...

GL Matt...

/rant

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:36 AM   #95
rat240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (87)
rat240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 87 reviews
cool guy^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 03-18-2011, 01:38 AM   #96
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rat240 View Post
cool guy^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Steve is very cool, way cooler than matt powers since he wont take my offers of free hamburgers at ASB.

ps I know he's a vegetarian, but i'm an asshole.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:07 AM   #97
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Can everyone see my awesome Matt Powers portrait now? I feel like it really captures the essence of this thread.

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 03-18-2011, 07:45 AM   #98
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Can everyone see my awesome Matt Powers portrait now? I feel like it really captures the essence of this thread.
Dude, is that Mazda in the background 5 lug,.......

sick.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #99
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
damn...i typed this long as fucking paragraph about how much it costs to remotely drive in formula D....

and bam...customer calls me...I go to post...and lost. fuck it.

GOOD LUCK MATT...if any of these retards knew how much it actually cost to drive in formula D....they wouldn't be crying. Hell most of these retards couldn't even afford the vsxx you sold ramon at the price you sold them at. Let alone buy 8 gramlight 57d's.

Never met the guy...all my buddies know the dude...and speak highly of him.

If I could put this in perpective for you. If you were skateboarding. And broke a deck every two weeks, would you rather buy blanks for $30, or buy a real deck for $60 knowing when you boardslide, you are going to mess up those pretty graphics, and snap the deck in two weeks anyway. And you only had $60 per month to spend on a deck?

That's what a v8 does to drifting...it makes it cheaper to compete, and takes the headache out of trying to have fun in the sport.

I'm sure if Matt were balling out of control...he'd be driving something waaaaay more pimp. Like a BMW with a fucking V10 in it. lol I fucking love Mike...shout out...HAAAAAAY!
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #100
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
If I could put this in perpective for you. If you were skateboarding. And broke a deck every two weeks, would you rather buy blanks for $30, or buy a real deck for $60 knowing when you boardslide, you are going to mess up those pretty graphics, and snap the deck in two weeks anyway. And you only had $60 per month to spend on a deck?
I would get an everslick deck :P
(and bridge bolts with indy free floating axle trucks)
Old 03-18-2011, 06:11 PM   #101
chiprez

Trader Rating: (0)
chiprez is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
all i want to know,is how is gonna put down all this power with the new tire sizing rule deelio?seems like having gobs of power wont be ideal anymore as you'll just be spinning the wheels with no control.
chiprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #102
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
he's sponsored by nitto....r-comps put everything down..with 500whp..i think he can run a 265? am I close..i don't know the exact rules....especially with proper suspension geometry.

castro...i remember those decks. lol. I never bought one though...I always skated a 8.0 wide...with destructos. lol
Old 03-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #103
ericcastro
Post Whore!

i thought the new rule was weight to tire width??
Old 03-18-2011, 08:28 PM   #104
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
i thought the new rule was weight to tire width??
it is. lol. I don't know what I was thinking about power...lol. he can probably still run a 265. lol

fuck....i haven't eaten all day. damn it's really hitting me.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:39 PM   #105
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Matt is an alright dude.

im not sure how much matt's car weighs, but my homie walker with his s13 is limited to a 255
this season. i would assume s13/s14 is in the same weight class ?
Old 03-19-2011, 01:15 AM   #106
hitman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
hitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hitman
500hp isnt a lot. the top cars have like 700.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:18 AM   #107
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
if his car is anywhere near the same weight it was last year i think he will be on 255, but im guess he added some weight so he can go up to 265.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:30 AM   #108
AGNT84
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
AGNT84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Matt and I had some good lulz today talking about this thread. Same dude from 2 yrs ago, trust me... except I don't remember him wearing safety goggles back then. SELL OUT!!!

hahaha...good luck to matt this coming season cant wait till i get the chance to see him in action
AGNT84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #109
FantasticVoyages
Leaky Injector

FantasticVoyages is an unknown quantity at this point
Rumor has it these things will have restrictor plates...
FantasticVoyages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:35 PM   #110
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticVoyages View Post
Rumor has it these things will have restrictor plates...
HAhaha, where do you guys get this stuff? Formula D has no reason to regulate horsepower, they're already regulating the only things that matter (weight/tire size).

What they are continuing to push for is making it more difficult to be competitive in older chassis'. A lot of fans love to see 'new cars' drifting, and rather than having a rolling cutoff date (no cars older than X years) they're changing chassis rules to make previously-tech'd cars illegal without costly changes.

I heard some stuff about how much SPD had to mess with Dai's car to get it to pass tech this year, whoooooooooooooooo, hope it's worth it. <3 Dai though, so it's all gravy.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:43 PM   #111
boobs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
boobs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
LS love in this thread lol.

FOR SALE: DOHC maf, KA down pipe and SR A/C pump like new pm me for price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
cars are like beer, they all do the same thing, and we each prefer our own flavor...
boobs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:53 AM   #112
FantasticVoyages
Leaky Injector

FantasticVoyages is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL. I was joking.

They should enforce the mullet.
FantasticVoyages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:01 PM   #113
*curb drifter*

*curb drifter* is an unknown quantity at this point
sad to see the ka-t go but more power now when will it be ready/
*curb drifter* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:07 PM   #114
P-Funk alot
Zilvia Addict

P-Funk alot is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to P-Funk alot
i just dont like the idea of everyone going v8. i mean i understand the whole power issue but it is simply taking away from the true grassroot people. im sure the sport was never intended to evolve into what its now become. the skill level from the rolla guys that go out and compete against these v8 monsters is second to none. i mean honestly whats next vaugn gittins "skateboarding car" or the offroad drift truck. no pun intended at matt i understand the need to compete. i just wish the sport stayed true to the cars that gave birth to it, instead of turning its back on them. just my opinion.
P-Funk alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #115
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
Csomme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Funk alot View Post
i just dont like the idea of everyone going v8. i mean i understand the whole power issue but it is simply taking away from the true grassroot people. im sure the sport was never intended to evolve into what its now become. the skill level from the rolla guys that go out and compete against these v8 monsters is second to none. i mean honestly whats next vaugn gittins "skateboarding car" or the offroad drift truck. no pun intended at matt i understand the need to compete. i just wish the sport stayed true to the cars that gave birth to it, instead of turning its back on them. just my opinion.

Yeah, I'm sure that formula 1 always meant to run these cars with the same original motor setups and suspension setups.

You guys are retarded. Motorsports grow, times change and things evolve. It happens to every motorsport and it always will. Embrace it and shut the hell up.
Csomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:32 PM   #116
Maximamike
Zilvia Junkie

Maximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to behold
Build looks top notch to me, best of luck to him. @ the guy calling Mike Kojima an idiot.
Maximamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:10 PM   #117
DRFTIN

DRFTIN is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csomme View Post
You guys are retarded. Motorsports grow, times change and things evolve. It happens to every motorsport and it always will. Embrace it and shut the hell up.
exactly
if you dont like formula d dont watch it
if you like asb or other "grass roots" events watch them
people use v8's because they work, should we restrict everyone to 3cyl engines? yeah it could be entertaining but its not a top level competition

matt you've ruined drifting :P
DRFTIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #118
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Funk alot View Post
i just dont like the idea of everyone going v8. i mean i understand the whole power issue but it is simply taking away from the true grassroot people..

Actually, I would say the V8 IS GRASSROOTS !!!
Its so much cheaper, reliable and easier to maintain then building 900HP D1 cars.
Grassroots would be the budget racecar imo.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:49 AM   #119
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
Going to a GM Parts store/napa/oralies to get your parts > waiting for a online parts order for your JDM motor.

That's all I got to say about the whole LSx swaps in s-chassis.

Best of luck to Matt this year.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:03 AM   #120
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-ass View Post
Going to a GM Parts store/napa/oralies to get your parts > waiting for a online parts order for your JDM motor.

That's all I got to say about the whole LSx swaps in s-chassis.

Best of luck to Matt this year.

haha I keep telling people this, it makes so much sense. There are only so many places where I can buy an o2 sensor, a new AAC or IACV, TPS where as there are literally millions of places I can get parts for a trans am/camaro/corvette motor.