Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-09-2010, 04:49 AM   #91
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
S13 curtis is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I should have posted this earlier:

ACT Extreme Pressure plate & lightweight flywheel

S13 curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2010, 06:26 AM   #92
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
^ Which disc are you running?

I am running the ACT 6-puck, heavy duty PP, and prolite flywheel (10.5 lbs).

It looks like you went with the slightly heavier flywheel (I think that one was somewhere around 14 lbs?).

Also, why the extreme pressure plate? That thing is gonna be a fucking stairmaster! The heavy duty PP + 6 puck can hold probably 420 ft-lbs of torque++ at the wheels.....

My buddy has an extreme on his WRX, and every time I drive that, and then get in my car, it feels like my clutch is fucked up hahaha.

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:30 AM   #93
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspaeth View Post
^ Which disc are you running?

I am running the ACT 6-puck, heavy duty PP, and prolite flywheel (10.5 lbs).

It looks like you went with the slightly heavier flywheel (I think that one was somewhere around 14 lbs?).

Also, why the extreme pressure plate? That thing is gonna be a fucking stairmaster! The heavy duty PP + 6 puck can hold probably 420 ft-lbs of torque++ at the wheels.....

My buddy has an extreme on his WRX, and every time I drive that, and then get in my car, it feels like my clutch is fucked up hahaha.

LOL @ Stairmaster

Im running an ACT 6 puck just like you lol. I picked ACT Extreme because I just wanted to get something pretty tuff that wont end up slipping in case i decided to change to a different set up later on.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:53 AM   #94
EDT007
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
EDT007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
That's the exact reason I didn't go with an ACT on my KA-T setup. I had a 2600 on my GSX and I felt like a I was gonna have road-rage every traffic jam. I went with a Competition Clutch with ultra-light flywheel (not sure of exact weight) and it's rated at 450rwtq. It feels 100X better/lighter than my old ACT setup. Either way, can't wait to see what #'s you put down. Goodluck!
EDT007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:51 AM   #95
muslimtyphoon

Trader Rating: (0)
muslimtyphoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You should be able to easily surpass those numbers with a Meth Injection Kit. Really affordable.
muslimtyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:16 AM   #96
mattsil80wis
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
mattsil80wis is making a name for him/her selfmattsil80wis is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDT007 View Post
That's the exact reason I didn't go with an ACT on my KA-T setup. I had a 2600 on my GSX and I felt like a I was gonna have road-rage every traffic jam. I went with a Competition Clutch with ultra-light flywheel (not sure of exact weight) and it's rated at 450rwtq. It feels 100X better/lighter than my old ACT setup. Either way, can't wait to see what #'s you put down. Goodluck!

gotta remember clutches are gonna feel totally different from car to car

my nissan with the stage 3 spec is a feather
my brothers mustang with the stage 3 spec is super tough to push in

ps: how you been havent seen you in forever
mattsil80wis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:32 AM   #97
bloodangels13
Zilvia Junkie

bloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to bloodangels13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsil80wis View Post
my nissan with the stage 3 spec is a feather
my brothers mustang with the stage 3 spec is super tough to push in

thats bec. the mustang is more than likely cable not hydrualic system for the clutch release.. retarded design

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
This post was brought to you by the number: Rum
And by the letter: Go Fuck Yourself
And also by viewers like you.
bloodangels13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:59 AM   #98
240Z28
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
240Z28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodangels13 View Post
thats bec. the mustang is more than likely cable not hydrualic system for the clutch release.. retarded design
i think its just because its a mustang
Old 03-09-2010, 05:10 PM   #99
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
i ran the unsprung version of this clutch it wasnt that bad. but this time i am doing the sprung version, just for longevity
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:28 PM   #100
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
OP! Lets see some turbo fitment updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2010, 07:39 PM   #101
GroundPerformance
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (44)
GroundPerformance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Let see some updates. I have the same goal as you, I will be rockin a bottom mount setup but on a KA-T.

SoCal KA24DET/KA24ET Owners
<< Join the FB Group >>
GroundPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:53 PM   #102
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
We want Food! Look at what you started! LOL!

I would like to see fitment, with the T04E compressor housing and 72ar Hot side (motor mount bracket, to compressor clearance). Oh yeah! with the tial44 fitted.

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:57 AM   #103
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundPerformance View Post
Let see some updates. I have the same goal as you, I will be rockin a bottom mount setup but on a KA-T.
hell yea finally somebody doing 2871 KA-T action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotbu View Post
We want Food! Look at what you started! LOL!

I would like to see fitment, with the T04E compressor housing and 72ar Hot side (motor mount bracket, to compressor clearance). Oh yeah! with the tial44 fitted.
Here is some crums until the full course meal is ready lol.

I also ordered Precision 1000cc injectors+ Resistors along with greddy top feed fuel rail it should be in a couple days from now.

enjoy.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:40 AM   #104
midnight_rex
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
midnight_rex is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
damn 1000 cc injectors? u planning to make 700 whp+?

740cc should be more than enough
midnight_rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:11 PM   #105
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_rex View Post
damn 1000 cc injectors? u planning to make 700 whp+?

740cc should be more than enough

This:

edit: My DW740cc injectors will go to a KA-T project after this is done.

Last edited by S13 curtis; 03-23-2010 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: E85
Old 03-24-2010, 03:30 AM   #106
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
keep it up homie
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:27 PM   #107
razerremix

razerremix is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice lights!
razerremix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:46 AM   #108
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
we want turbo fitment!
Old 03-25-2010, 09:36 PM   #109
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
i agree turbo fitment. i really want to do this with a gt3071 frame. and this exhaust housing
Old 03-31-2010, 10:50 AM   #110
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
WTF Brah! Need to see wastegate fiment so I can decide if I am gonna buy this turbine housing!

Daily driven
Old 03-31-2010, 11:09 AM   #111
Sil-Eighty SE-K
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Sil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Eighty SE-K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z U L8R View Post
i stopped reading your mod list after i got to stock internals....

good luck with that.....hopefully it lasts longer than a couple dyno pulls

not trying to be the token pessimistic dickhead of the thread but i am skeptical of the longevity.

you're stationed in Korea making buku $$ can't spend your money...for God sakes man build the bottom end and give yourself some piece of mind. i understand racer x on forum xyz made 24320482084 horsepower for 3 years on stock bottom end without problems.....good for him, but i wouldn't waste 10 grand of my money because of that.

i would have forgone the head work if it was between that or the bottom end, but i know money's not a problem with you since you're military so i am venting strongly my opinion/suggestion that you build the bottom end.

e85 is cheap race gas and will help the stock bottom end last longer...but also e85 varies from batch to batch even at the same pump...therefore care must be taken to make sure your fuel is consistent to the tune, however duly note that even with a perfect tune....the laws of physics still apply and if that bottom end can't take it, it won't hold.

once you reach the limits of that bottom end..it's too late..

best of luck and thank you for your services

Dave

funny..... i made 442rwhp on my stock block SR20 for almost 7 years.... i sold the entire engine setup and now its in a different chassis still ripping shit up....

its all in the tune!
Sil-Eighty SE-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:23 AM   #112
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

Well the 1000cc injectors and Jim Wolf Tech Resistors came in today also with the Greddy Fuel Rail. Those are Precision Injectors.

Also i dont have an update on the turbo fitment yet the only update i have is that the motor was pulled and the flywheel tranny and clutch were installed. I will post pics of the cut-out as soon as i can, the other update is that i ordered new intercooler pipes and im ditching the small steel pipes the old pipes were 2' hot side and 2.5 on the cold side and they were pretty shitty. Thenew pipes i just purchased are Aluminum and its 3 inch coldside and 2.5 hotside,air flowshould be better. I'm also going to get a new blowoff valve im not going to use my ssqv anymore, Im either going with the new Tial Q Blow off valve which is the one im leaning towards or the Greddy type r blow off valve.

I would like to have your input on what you guys think for the BOV,thanks.

Last edited by S13 curtis; 04-01-2010 at 07:38 AM..
Old 04-01-2010, 07:06 AM   #113
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Why the larger pipes on one side? is it to match the TB?
Old 04-01-2010, 07:51 AM   #114
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13 curtis View Post
Also i dont have an update on the turbo fitment yet the only update i have is that the motor was pulled and the flywheel tranny and clutch were installed. I will post pics of the cut-out as soon as i can, the other update is that i ordered new intercooler pipes and im ditching the small steel pipes the old pipes were 2' hot side and 2.5 on the cold side and they were pretty shitty. Thenew pipes i just purchased are Aluminum and its 3 inch coldside and 2.5 hotside,air flowshould be better. I'm also going to get a new blowoff valve im not going to use my ssqv anymore, Im either going with the new Tial Q Blow off valve which is the one im leaning towards or the Greddy type r blow off valve.

I would like to have your input on what you guys think for the BOV,thanks.
Either of them is great I am sure. Can't go wrong with Tial ($$$) but apparently that Greddy Type R is pretty damn good as well.

I am considering going with that turbine housing, and then I would go with the new MV-R Tial (44mm version of the MV-S.....very low profile, 44mm V-band flanged) but I have no idea if it would hit the strut tower...

Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
Why the larger pipes on one side? is it to match the TB?

I recall someone discussed this somewhere, earlier....basically, it's okay for the coldside to be a little bigger, but you never want it smaller than the hotside (just what I heard).

Daily driven
Old 04-01-2010, 08:02 AM   #115
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Either of them is great I am sure. Can't go wrong with Tial ($$$) but apparently that Greddy Type R is pretty damn good as well.

I am considering going with that turbine housing, and then I would go with the new MV-R Tial (44mm version of the MV-S.....very low profile, 44mm V-band flanged) but I have no idea if it would hit the strut tower...

I recall someone discussed this somewhere, earlier....basically, it's okay for the coldside to be a little bigger, but you never want it smaller than the hotside (just what I heard).
+1
Tial 50mm Q BOV

OR

thats what i narrowed it down to, i got tired of my HKS ssqv .

Since the tranny is on hopefully it wont be long before the turbo is mounted i want to see it just as bad as you guys do.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:06 AM   #116
Geno750
Zilvia Junkie

Geno750 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Geno750 Send a message via Yahoo to Geno750
Not sure why so many people are hating on the stock bottom end. IIRC, Martin (ex-XAT guy, now with Zfever) is pushing a stock bottom end (I think, stock rods for sure though) to 500whp YouTube - Fever Racing s14.5 on Dyno Race Gas

Also, the Tial is miles better than the greddy imo.
Geno750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:46 PM   #117
240Z28
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
240Z28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno750 View Post
Not sure why so many people are hating on the stock bottom end. IIRC, Martin (ex-XAT guy, now with Zfever) is pushing a stock bottom end (I think, stock rods for sure though) to 500wh
well i read some where that stock rods r forged steel so stock rods r fine
Old 04-02-2010, 05:56 AM   #118
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
I was just looking into this wg - this sounds like the answer for this setup. Any idea when its going to be released? I cant seem to find any pricing info or finished pics.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:16 AM   #119
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
I was just looking into this wg - this sounds like the answer for this setup. Any idea when its going to be released? I cant seem to find any pricing info or finished pics.

It may make a difference, may not. It is maybe like an inch or 1.5 inches shorter than the previous version, so if it wasn't even close in the first place, this won't make a difference.

Daily driven
Old 04-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #120
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

i read something about the expansion of the air going out of the intercooler into a 3 inch pipe when it comes in from a smaller pipe also helps drop the temp of the air going into the engine.

i wonder how hard it would be to geta bottom mount tubular manifold and weld o na External gate flange up a in the same location as on a top mount manifold seems liek it should would good