Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-31-2008, 11:06 PM   #61
fueled by hate
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (12)
fueled by hate is making a name for him/her selffueled by hate is making a name for him/her selffueled by hate is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
fueled by hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2008, 11:07 PM   #62
bmar240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
bmar240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Umm more pictures
bmar240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:39 PM   #63
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
sorry for the noob question but if it's cutoff that's the issue, won't those 'eyelids' or whatever sorta help with the glare/cutoff? not necessarily fix it 100% but at least make it not as bad.

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:14 PM   #64
cxlo8331
Nissanaholic!

Location: Feasting on the flesh of the guilty, and drinking the blood of the innocent (714)
Trader Rating: (17)
cxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
^no eylids will do nothing to improve cutoff.

cxlo8331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:51 PM   #65
SuperSam

Trader Rating: (0)
SuperSam is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I personally dont think that its a big deal to have HID's... i havem my self on my s13 w/ the front clip conversion and have 8000k bulbs and i have the triple projectors and not the bricks and the cut off is perfect and nomatter what they are just naturall bright as hell!!! so i still get that random person that flashes their high beams at me but it always turns out to be some old fart!!... i use to hate the too cuz they were so bright and blinded me too when some one would come up on me but thats the direction everyone is going.. theirs just gonna have to be some people thats gonna have to suck it up.... honestly thats the truth... You can bash on me for this if you wan but its still the truth...
SuperSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:52 PM   #66
fueled by hate
Zilvia Member

fueled by hate is making a name for him/her selffueled by hate is making a name for him/her selffueled by hate is making a name for him/her self
maybe people wouldn't flash you if you weren't using rhd projectors.
fueled by hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:14 PM   #67
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by fueled by hate View Post
maybe people wouldn't flash you if you weren't using rhd projectors.
haha my thoughts exactly... it's not the HIDs...............
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:08 PM   #68
SuperSam

SuperSam is an unknown quantity at this point
ive already adjusted them.... took'em to some guy that knew how to take'em appart(some old white guy) and fix'd it for me.... for FREE.95 and couldnt even tell the difference(visually on the lamps i mean)... they work great... hate if u want, they're perfectly fine...
SuperSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:30 PM   #69
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Location: Louisiana. LA is for Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles.
Trader Rating: (2)
LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSam View Post
ive already adjusted them.... took'em to some guy that knew how to take'em appart(some old white guy) and fix'd it for me.... for FREE.95 and couldnt even tell the difference(visually on the lamps i mean)... they work great... hate if u want, they're perfectly fine...
Lies. Boldfaced lies.

You can take em apart all day, but the way those projectors are constructed, you can't just 'fix' them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Come on, this isn't Gran Turismo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/24807...-stuff-fs.html
LA_phantom_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:11 AM   #70
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSam View Post
I personally dont think that its a big deal to have HID's... i havem my self on my s13 w/ the front clip conversion and have 8000k bulbs and i have the triple projectors and not the bricks and the cut off is perfect and nomatter what they are just naturall bright as hell!!! so i still get that random person that flashes their high beams at me but it always turns out to be some old fart!!... i use to hate the too cuz they were so bright and blinded me too when some one would come up on me but thats the direction everyone is going.. theirs just gonna have to be some people thats gonna have to suck it up.... honestly thats the truth... You can bash on me for this if you wan but its still the truth...
I care enough since it pisses me off when idiots like you blind the fuck out of me and takes me a fucking while to get my "night eyes" back on. All it takes is for you to blind me and have somebody cross the street in front of me 200 feet later for it to be a fucking big deal.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:56 AM   #71
warumono
Leaky Injector

warumono is an unknown quantity at this point
HID came with my s14, does anyone have a writeup on how to go back to regular lights, is it easy to do? (I know nothing about HIDs or how to install them.) anyhelp would be awesome.
warumono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:31 PM   #72
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
i put these h4 headlights with silvia projectors retrofitted in them and they arent that bad.. not really blinding to oncoming traffic either.. just smaller beam and light output.

Last edited by aziankingz; 01-04-2009 at 05:09 PM..
aziankingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:49 PM   #73
Gordo714
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Gordo714 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
awww no more HID for me... one of my ballast flew out my car i dont know what happen just noticed that my right head light was out. and when i got home i popped the hood and the wires were ripped off the ballast even disconected my fog lights on the way down .....sucks.......so if anyone needs a single hid or know some one get at me..........
Gordo714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:05 PM   #74
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo714 View Post
awww no more HID for me... one of my ballast flew out my car i dont know what happen just noticed that my right head light was out. and when i got home i popped the hood and the wires were ripped off the ballast even disconected my fog lights on the way down .....sucks.......so if anyone needs a single hid or know some one get at me..........
Good. Time for you to go back to Halogen.

Quote:
Quote:
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
Old 01-25-2009, 10:10 PM   #75
Gordo714
Zilvia Junkie

yeah i went back already not that bad because when i bought the 5x7 open lense head lights they came with a pair of bulbs....oh well life goes on.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:14 PM   #76
Pacman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Pacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The retro kits don't kook that bad. The one using the TSX housings I like. How do yu retro fit them, take the TSX headlights apart and put in Zenki housings? I'm curious. Maybe a write-up or is there any one around?

Say what you want, its MY car, I make it how I want and can care less what others say about it.
Pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:34 PM   #77
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
The retro kits don't kook that bad. The one using the TSX housings I like. How do yu retro fit them, take the TSX headlights apart and put in Zenki housings? I'm curious. Maybe a write-up or is there any one around?

Say what you want, its MY car, I make it how I want and can care less what others say about it.
You pretty much take the projectors out of the TSX headlamps, cut up your stock lamps to make them fit and aim correctly, then find a way to hold it all together water tight and all... then just wire up your ballasts, relays, etc.

Quote:
Quote:
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
Old 01-26-2009, 05:36 PM   #78
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
There are so many cheap and stupid fucks who are alive.

I wish I could pass judgment against them.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:21 AM   #79
Gordo714
Zilvia Junkie

close thread this one is a wrap!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2009, 02:08 PM   #80
Gordo714
Zilvia Junkie

never mind its still alive
who else has lost there ballast and was stuck with a singe HID???
Old 02-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #81
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
wow i didn't notice this before, lol.

EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:29 AM   #82
NISMOTUNEDZ
Leaky Injector

NISMOTUNEDZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpipro4 View Post
im have this hid/headlite conversion on my 92' fastback and its not that bad.....

H4 10k hid & projector h4 housing

looks like this....

here did u get ur kit?
NISMOTUNEDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:09 AM   #83
iRONDONkey
Zilvia Junkie

iRONDONkey is on a distinguished road
at least you can see in the dark now.
iRONDONkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #84
nismo240sxdrifter
Zilvia Junkie

nismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choices
Since everyone is doing nothing but bashing, I have question. If you go out to dark canyon roads to cruise often what would you suggest for better visibility? I just have the halogens that came with my car and they really are not that great. I have and s13 by the way if it helps, I just want a super white light that provides better visiblity than the crappy yellow junk that doesnt allow you to see that far ahead.
nismo240sxdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:46 AM   #85
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
seriously...this question again?
Slidin240Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #86
nismo240sxdrifter
Zilvia Junkie

nismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choicesnismo240sxdrifter has made poor choices
^
Yes I am being serious, I am not saying HID's are the way to go as the OP did, but what I am saying is that no one gave any help as to what would be good alternative on a pop up s13. I know that at least the halogens that are in my car now do not provide satisfactory light for seeing far enough in advance on dark roads, so other then hid's what is a good alternative to the not so amazing light out put of yellow halogens?
nismo240sxdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:24 AM   #87
Kuzumi
Zilvia Addict

Kuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Kuzumi Send a message via Yahoo to Kuzumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo240sxdrifter View Post
^
Yes I am being serious, I am not saying HID's are the way to go as the OP did, but what I am saying is that no one gave any help as to what would be good alternative on a pop up s13. I know that at least the halogens that are in my car now do not provide satisfactory light for seeing far enough in advance on dark roads, so other then hid's what is a good alternative to the not so amazing light out put of yellow halogens?
i looked at cibie's web site as well as the lighting at night and i will be going their route. a little less than 180 for both lights but it seems worth it to have good visibility at night as well as not blind every oncoming vehicle.
Kuzumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:08 PM   #88
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo240sxdrifter View Post
^
jesus fucking christ...... its been discussed over a million times on this forum and every other forum out there.

s13 w/ POPUPS buy this:

take off stock, install this and you're done. DONE. THATS IT.

no ballasts, no chinese d2c bulbs with d2s converter and xenon xenix xenaphobe HID kit, no defective ballasts, relays, fuses, harnesses, you dont have to worry about parts failing, siliconing a projector to your ass to prevent water from entering your bung.

simple. remove OE halogen. install cibie 200mm light, go eat a sandwhich.

if cibie is too expensive, ask yourself how you can spend $100 on an HID kit and still have shit lighting.

please lock this thread, its done.

edit: may i remind everyone that xenon (HID) does not dictate quality lighting. quality beam pattern is more important than total light output, but they tend to go hand in hand.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:24 PM   #89
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
^ Mike has spoken. Pay attention.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:25 PM   #90
Propaganda
Zilvia Junkie

Propaganda will become famous soon enoughPropaganda will become famous soon enoughPropaganda will become famous soon enoughPropaganda will become famous soon enough
Cibie or Hella are fine.. if you want (although I think this makes the bulb not last as long) you can wire up relays to give more volts, or whatever it's called, to your light bulbs
Propaganda is offline   Reply With Quote