Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 08:35 PM   #31
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
opponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sounds good, carry on! If you don't mind me saying I would suggest replacing headstuds with ARP units, however you have to retorque them after the first 3-5 heat cycles if assuming they are brand new.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:40 PM   #32
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Yea I'm thinking thats probably whats gonna happen. just trying to save money, the less it costs to build this thing, the less its gonna cost for u guys!
But I might pay for them myself, since its going in my car

$pending dead pre$ident$ J@CK@TT@CK!
Old 05-16-2007, 08:52 PM   #33
xblack240x
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
xblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xblack240x
Wow, what a build, can't wait to see the results.. Thank you SOOO much, I'm pretty sure all of us here at zilvia are happy for what you are doing... Hopefully everything works out, and good luck, and continue with the build =)
Old 05-16-2007, 08:57 PM   #34
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Lol, donations are accepted here.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:26 PM   #35
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
dude, that is coming out great keep up el good work'oh comando. =]

Review Thread
Old 05-16-2007, 10:30 PM   #36
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
dude if you are able to legalize srs in 240s i swear youll be a hero in the Nissan world.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:42 PM   #37
projekt_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
projekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to projekt_s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
dude if you are able to legalize srs in 240s i swear youll be a hero in the Nissan world.
haha true that.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:45 PM   #38
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

S13 for now... and I'm working on it.

Old 05-16-2007, 11:06 PM   #39
panama DRIFT
Leaky Injector

panama DRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to panama DRIFT
+1 for you my good sir
Old 05-17-2007, 06:02 PM   #40
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

...waiting for UPS...

Old 05-17-2007, 06:09 PM   #41
k's_silvia2.0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
k's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to k's_silvia2.0
Hooray for you Joe.Promise ill send pics.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:48 PM   #42
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

GRR, tracking number says its supposed to be here today, but it doesnt say it made it on the truck

UPS = FAIL!

Old 05-18-2007, 09:21 AM   #43
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Does anyone else see whats wrong with this?

Old 05-18-2007, 10:01 AM   #44
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Flipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
sweet thread, joe. i'll be monitoring your progress. w00t w00t w00t! you can do it!

D-Street.net | bcuison.wordpress.com
Old 05-18-2007, 10:23 AM   #45
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
it arrived in oakland but left from vernon???
Old 05-18-2007, 10:30 AM   #46
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

It got to oakland, never left, then magically appeared in Vernon, then made it to sylmar. friggin UPS!

Old 05-18-2007, 10:41 AM   #47
xblack240x
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
xblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xblack240x
LOL, yeah I use USPS just cause I like their tracking and service better, stuff gets to where its supposed to when its supposed to... UPS screwed me over twice, I even had to drive down to one of their warehouses to pick up my own package once... Hehe good luck and continue on
Old 05-18-2007, 10:43 AM   #48
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

I guess monday I will have more stuff, for now I'm just gonna paint pulleys and accesory brackets.
Maybe I will finally put my Recaros in today too.
(should I include stuff in this build that doesn't pertain to legal JDM?)
wait wait wait, this is my thead I'll do what I want!

Old 05-18-2007, 11:05 AM   #49
AbsoluteZero
Nissanaholic!

AbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfectionAbsoluteZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to AbsoluteZero
How the hell did it end up in sylmar... that same thing happened to me as well... stupid ups

"DUFFM4N FOR MOD!!!!"
Team 1337
Old 05-18-2007, 01:12 PM   #50
J-Style
Zilvia Addict

J-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant future
God damn Joe, I love you. I feel like I should give you something after reading this thread. I am definatly suscribing.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:26 PM   #51
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Dont listen to that kid, he lives by me. <3

Old 05-18-2007, 01:56 PM   #52
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteZero View Post
How the hell did it end up in sylmar... that same thing happened to me as well... stupid ups
easy for that to happen. i worked in UPS before.

the guy who scans packages as they arrive is the guy who loads them into the truck. you pick a box off the feeder, check the zip, scan it, and then load it into the wall. UPS expects you to keep up a very brisk pace with loading. i forget the numbers, but to say its roughly 2000 boxes in 2 or 3 hours. that's roughly 5 seconds a package, which sounds about right. the scanner itself is a wrist mounted device with a laser / trigger device mounted on your finger. you point it at the barcode on the package and it usually scans, but things go wrong with it quite often... dirt, wrinkles, etc.

when the box load gets heavy (which happens quite often) the belt and everything gets jammed up and everything goes to hell. that's when packages go to wrong locations because the loader doesn't have time or is too fatigued to check each and every box zip code accurately, and/or scan it in time.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:27 PM   #53
liv2drift045
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
liv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to liv2drift045 Send a message via MSN to liv2drift045
Nice build man. You goin w/ a metal HG or factory?
Old 05-18-2007, 07:32 PM   #54
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
ok for nox, what do you mean tunning???

your gonna use aftermarket ecu for the car???

how legal is that??

no good fix for nox otherthan egr, but we shall see.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:01 PM   #55
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Factory for now, as oem as possible to fit as many people as possible.
Tuning I mean rom tuning, stock ecu tuning.

Old 05-18-2007, 08:40 PM   #56
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

No Recaros. but I did get a Jonnie Fraz SPL power brace. I <3 it.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:40 AM   #57
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Yeah, get your tune on! hahaha. Hope everything works out. Maybe contact Jim Wolf or you could try Scott at Enthalpy. Best of luck tuning. Because of you I have another car just sitting at my house waiting to be driven legaly. hahaha.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:03 AM   #58
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Thanks Mel.
build up resumes tomorrow.

Old 05-20-2007, 02:11 PM   #59
InspireMS
Zilvia Member

InspireMS will become famous soon enoughInspireMS will become famous soon enoughInspireMS will become famous soon enoughInspireMS will become famous soon enough
best of luck to you on your project man! i too would love to see legal sr20s in the US. I used to lurking in your thread in the tech section and everything sounds good so far. good luck and keep us posted!
Old 05-21-2007, 11:05 AM   #60
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Got my big juicy box of parts

Closed Thread