Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-13-2024, 03:12 PM   #1
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Styling Trends that have faded away (auto)

Well fellow geezers,

Was at some impromptu car meet and I realized, it's literally been years since I've seen the once iconic trifecta....

Bride Low Max
Green Takata Harness
Dmax Grey/Black Checkered floor Mats

Almost every brand or type of build once saw that combination.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2024, 09:27 PM   #2
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
15" wheels.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 05:50 AM   #3
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
BCL Wings.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 03:12 PM   #4
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Taste.....
Old 02-15-2024, 02:56 PM   #5
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
It definitely seems like all the popular drift boys are ditching the 2000-2004 DoriTen style and are going for the 4" of wheel gap Naoki look now.

Look at Front Street and Animal Style 2015 vs now.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 08:35 AM   #6
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
It definitely seems like all the popular drift boys are ditching the 2000-2004 DoriTen style and are going for the 4" of wheel gap Naoki look now.

Look at Front Street and Animal Style 2015 vs now.

Dude I watch their parking lot fun video frequently. Really sad to see this style disappear.
I can understand it though. Beyond arguing about the handling "improvements", I'd probably do the same if I kept blowing through fenders. At some point you say "f**k it" and raise the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3MEpCUK6Ow

VS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=aVYry0ssrfg

I am glad to see the rusted hoods/fenders & stickerbomb featuring a roof rack (knowing damn well your fata$$ can't ride a bike) almost nonexistent now

collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 11:31 AM   #7
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Very happy that tow hook toys are finally gone & the hella flush bs.
Old 03-21-2024, 11:41 AM   #8
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
15" wheels.
Fucking tire companies, man. I want to run 15" wheels on my car. I don't want to run 23" rolling diameter Miata sizes. Basically my only choices are the absolute lowest grade far east garbage tires, or super plush whitewall eco mileage max extreme 900 treadwear tires from the name brands.

The worst part is googling "205/60R15 summer tire" and getting tons of great choices from tire stores whose URLs end in .au .uk .jp etc. Just let me buy the fucking things...
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 02:10 PM   #9
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
Fucking tire companies, man. I want to run 15" wheels on my car. I don't want to run 23" rolling diameter Miata sizes. Basically my only choices are the absolute lowest grade far east garbage tires, or super plush whitewall eco mileage max extreme 900 treadwear tires from the name brands.

The worst part is googling "205/60R15 summer tire" and getting tons of great choices from tire stores whose URLs end in .au .uk .jp etc. Just let me buy the fucking things...

You think that is bad ? Try finding some TRX 200/60HR365. Everyone now has to change wheels.
Old 03-22-2024, 02:51 PM   #10
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Quote:

a 205/50 is super common in quality 200tw options. I just looked it up and that translates to 23", but I don't really see how that is too small of a tire. Still way more sidewall than what is commonly run on 17" and 18" wheels (aka the correct wheel diameter for S-chassis)
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 05:38 PM   #11
Cjkouki2010
Zilvia Junkie

Cjkouki2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 @ fullboost View Post
Very happy that tow hook toys are finally gone & the hella flush bs.
It's still definitely out there in a sense, just not with performance oriented things thankfully. Mainly just "VIP" platform cars.( I own both lol s chassis and ls400)
Old 03-22-2024, 06:13 PM   #12
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
a 205/50 is super common in quality 200tw options. I just looked it up and that translates to 23", but I don't really see how that is too small of a tire. Still way more sidewall than what is commonly run on 17" and 18" wheels (aka the correct wheel diameter for S-chassis)
Because my car is not low. 23" tires look dumb and lost in the wheelwell like skateboard wheels or an old school lowrider. Also 8% speedo error. 205/60 is the OEM size.

Back in the early 2000s I ran Yokohama AVS Intermediate in OEM size, then AVS S.Drives. And again Yoko even does make modern equivalents... But only outside the US. So I have 205/55R16 Advans for now as the compromise.

Closest I can find to a performance tirein the US is an Ohtsu which is basically the old Falken Ziex ZE512 from 20 years ago... Haha. It might do!
Old 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM   #13
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Quote:
You think that is bad ? Try finding some TRX 200/60HR365. Everyone now has to change wheels.
I used to have a Honda Odyssey, I avoided the PAX version for the same reason. Odyssey guys with the PAX equipment used to swap them out for Acura MDX takeoffs at the first tire change haha
Old 03-26-2024, 11:16 AM   #14
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Quote:
I used to have a Honda Odyssey, I avoided the PAX version for the same reason. Odyssey guys with the PAX equipment used to swap them out for Acura MDX takeoffs at the first tire change haha
Yes I feel your pain it was like that with my 05 Phantom, I could not get tires for it & had to update my wheels.

Had to do the same for the Testarossa for the TRX.

What is wrong with Michelin? Why do they do us so dirty?
Old 03-27-2024, 12:03 PM   #15
wezurii
Leaky Injector

wezurii is an unknown quantity at this point
The stupid rocket bunny hype, was cool on the silvia s13 and gt86, but after that it was getting ridiculous
wezurii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 02:19 PM   #16
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by wezurii View Post
The stupid rocket bunny hype, was cool on the silvia s13 and gt86, but after that it was getting ridiculous
Unfortunately it's not faded away yet as they keep pumping out that shitty kit and people keep using it.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 01:02 AM   #17
wezurii
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Unfortunately it's not faded away yet as they keep pumping out that shitty kit and people keep using it.
For real ? haven't seen them in a while so I thought they were slowly fading away
Old 03-28-2024, 01:52 AM   #18
Cjkouki2010
Zilvia Junkie

Cjkouki2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
The use of Zilvia seems to be fading away lol, sadly, I've been going back and looking at threads from like 2006 and these profiles haven't been on since like 2014.
Granted I wasn't on for a couple years either
Old 03-28-2024, 09:41 AM   #19
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjkouki2010 View Post
The use of Zilvia seems to be fading away lol, sadly, I've been going back and looking at threads from like 2006 and these profiles haven't been on since like 2014.
Granted I wasn't on for a couple years either

I know it's crazy, I have been overwhelmed by nostalgia and reliving my youth going through so many old threads. Zilvia used to be so active, but it makes sense the cars are not nearly as popular as they once were.
Old 03-28-2024, 10:52 AM   #20
Dirk Jan
Leaky Injector

Dirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
I know it's crazy, I have been overwhelmed by nostalgia and reliving my youth going through so many old threads. Zilvia used to be so active, but it makes sense the cars are not nearly as popular as they once were.
These cars are in fact still very popular, they just attract a younger crowd that has a completely different mindset than the forum generation. Which really sucks, because all information is now scattered across a million different 240SX/drifting/whatever-related Facebook and Instagram pages.

I truly miss the old internet and forum days, but they'll never return unfortunately.
Old 04-02-2024, 10:20 AM   #21
zwzweston
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
zwzweston is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Jan View Post
These cars are in fact still very popular, they just attract a younger crowd that has a completely different mindset than the forum generation. Which really sucks, because all information is now scattered across a million different 240SX/drifting/whatever-related Facebook and Instagram pages.

I truly miss the old internet and forum days, but they'll never return unfortunately.
It really is a bummer, the forum age was the golden age for so much of the internet imo. There's somehow even more information out there now but it's just so buried by layers of ads and bots that it's hardly accessible.

I definitely would love to see Zilvia come back to life but I think you're right that it's just too late.
Old 04-02-2024, 01:10 PM   #22
wezurii
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwzweston View Post
It really is a bummer, the forum age was the golden age for so much of the internet imo. There's somehow even more information out there now but it's just so buried by layers of ads and bots that it's hardly accessible.

I definitely would love to see Zilvia come back to life but I think you're right that it's just too late.
I like to research etc and I can tell you that 99% of the fb groups are trash and if people would Google for a second they would find the answer.
Thankfully for Google translate and waybackmachine you can find almost everything.
Found how to adjust the glass curve, angle etc from the Japanese fsm, now could you found it out yourself after adjusting the nuts yeah sure.
The point is that the relevant are all out there.
Old 04-22-2024, 07:44 PM   #23
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Speaking of car trends that have faded away, how is Liberty Walk still a thing?

Their unnatural worship of consumerism (see Speedhunters' spotlight on their dumbass "Miami Showroom") should be frightening to anyone interested in the old days- and consumerist worship of Liberty Walk and Rocket Bunny should be anathema to our love of organic nostalgia and accessible cool.

I was 18 and 19 in 2004/2005 and I spent a ton of time behind the wheel, at the SD meets, and adding performance parts to the car I still have. I always keep an old issue of REVSpeed or Option or Doriten in my office because it helps me remember who I am- an old person who probably should be into M3s or Supras but still has a few S-chassis I want to build.

It's always such a bummer to see a car with a proper kit running modern camber. It just looks terrible.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 05:25 AM   #24
wezurii
Leaky Injector

Imo liberty walk can be SUPER sick, however it doesn't suit any car, the F40 for example is hideous.
Even tho not a big fan of lambos, their kit looks pretty cool.
Would I do it if I had the money, no. But their ate alot of things people like but wouldn't do them self