Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:41 AM   #181
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It was a super awesome surprise.

Wedding went well, we couldn't have asked for a better day.

the photographer used the car as a prop for some photos (but we wont seem them for a couple months)

Went to Athens and Santorini for a couple weeks for the honeymoon and rented a little side by side to tour the island.

Now I'm back and enjoying the car again. Its nice to have time to work on things again.

I really need to finalize the wiring for the undercar lighting as well as put the Tommy kaira livery on.

I am already getting power hungry and might have to chuck a rb25 turbo on in the next couple of weeks as well.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2016, 08:56 AM   #182
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Congratulations

AND just do a Rb25 swap
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:57 AM   #183
tauntdevil
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
tauntdevil is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Congrats mate! Great car as well! I say do a neo

S14 KA NA two cylinders, 75whp limper
tauntdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 01:59 PM   #184
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Did some important tuning this weekend. So mini at work update it is.

Not the best photos but I'm too excited not to share.

-Jordie
Old 08-15-2016, 02:20 PM   #185
MONTREALRACING.COM

MONTREALRACING.COM is an unknown quantity at this point
Carefull mate in couple years she will try sell all your toys ...enjoy your every last rides in two doors
MONTREALRACING.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 04:12 PM   #186
kieran.js

kieran.js is an unknown quantity at this point
//Running in the 90s// R32 GTS-T Revival

Loving this man. Has been a really good read.

Like a few people have already said, the HKS-themed rocker cover is one of my favourite touches. Really compliments the bay and the 90's feel this car emits. Hope to see more updates soon
kieran.js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 12:47 PM   #187
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONTREALRACING.COM View Post
Carefull mate in couple years she will try sell all your toys ...enjoy your every last rides in two doors
I dont think that will be the case here but ill keep my eye out

Ive been enjoying the car for the past few days. I really like the two tone look of the new livery.

Also finished (almost) another important mod to the car.

I had wired everything up to have the LED module in the back seat area of the car. Since im now running back seats, I have to extend the wiring for the LED strip under the front.

Ehh 75% is still a pass.

-Jordie
Old 08-22-2016, 10:10 AM   #188
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

This weekend was full of car hangs and good times,

Got the under glow all wired up and took doggo out for a late night cruises.

Sunday consisted of washing the cars and a nice summer BBQ with friends.

Us Canadians sure know how to fill up a driveway with nice metal.

Old 08-22-2016, 10:27 AM   #189
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

Awesome....
Old 08-28-2016, 08:13 PM   #190
shawn1331
Leaky Injector

shawn1331 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey bro, hit up Overdraft auto on Facebook. Simon has a sweeeet pic of your car at shannonville, I don't want to post it out of respect for him but it's a great shot! He will probably post it in a few days I imagine though if you want to wait.
shawn1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 08:35 PM   #191
drfftn
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
drfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What kind of wing do you have on your r32? I have a similar one on my gtst

drfftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:20 AM   #192
Y0SH
Zilvia Junkie

Y0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the roughY0SH is a jewel in the rough
^^^ doesn't look the same at all.
Y0SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 02:22 PM   #193
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn1331 View Post
Hey bro, hit up Overdraft auto on Facebook. Simon has a sweeeet pic of your car at shannonville, I don't want to post it out of respect for him but it's a great shot! He will probably post it in a few days I imagine though if you want to wait.
I saw the post on facebook. Hopefully he posts it up here

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfftn View Post
What kind of wing do you have on your r32? I have a similar one on my gtst

I Believe it is a winning sports wing.

Could also be a bomex one as well.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:06 PM   #194
stupidadult

stupidadult is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome build, keep it nice! Nice thread too.
stupidadult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:50 AM   #195
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidadult View Post
Awesome build, keep it nice! Nice thread too.
Thanks! Its not really a "build thread" so to say. Its more of a life with a 25yr old nissan thread

I have an intermittent misfire in cyl 6. Im going to chuck on a new igniter to see if that makes a difference. It could be the old coilpacks or crappy coilpack harness which in reality should both be replaced. Splitfires or yellow jackets run around 500 CAD with our awesome exchange rate + another 100 for a harness is just a little spendy.

I've also started looking into upgrading to LS2 Coilpacks and converting to that over the winter I just need to figure out where to mount them cleanly. I kinda limited myself by not wanting to lose the coilpack cover I machined or cover up the valvecovers.

In other news I washed it this weekend and went for a little drive to the shop to see what was up.

A friend of a friend brought his RB26 swapped GTS-4 up for a complete respray. There are lots of cool trinkets on this car which set it apart. its got full NISMO gauges, wheel and shifter among some other little things. It should be a cool sleeper when its done.

Its amazing to see one in stock aesthetic trim on OEM GTR shocks.

One more shot with Japandog

Old 09-06-2016, 09:17 AM   #196
stupidadult

stupidadult is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Thanks! Its not really a "build thread" so to say. Its more of a life with a 25yr old nissan thread
I hear that - I'm on the fence about picking up a r32 gts-t from a dealer here that imports them. Just not sure I have the skillset to work on the car and I don't have a garage...I don't mind learning, but the no-garage part kills me.

Cars looking great btw!
stupidadult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:11 AM   #197
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

^ Thanks!

Went to the Ontario / Quebec annual Skymeet this past weekend. Got to catch up with some old friends.

Black Sheep.

Unfortunately I arrived late and had to leave early. this was the only photo I got (parked up with the G37's)
Old 09-14-2016, 12:32 AM   #198
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
AscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This is an awesome thread. I've got a 32 sedan GTST that I'm building. Blew the head gasket so it's getting the top end rebuilt. But I too am doing a 90s style. Although I'm going for the Touge/GT style. I need to start a build thread here soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
decrepit teenage shitsleds
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
"Cut my springs, car is bouncy, will a camber kit help?"
AscendaShogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:36 AM   #199
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

AscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the rough
We learned mine is a custom order being a 5 speed sedan with full options. Power everything AC. Etc. And TH1 blue. Which as far as we know is coupe only. I've only seen a few TH1 GTRs and a couple coupes. 1 S13. Still never another sedan.

Probably doing the Tommy Kaira kit for mine also. But I have to mod the skirts because back doors.
On top of finding them. Haven't even really looked yet. Can't decide which direction of kits and shit I want. But whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-14-2016, 12:42 PM   #200
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
A friend of a friend brought his RB26 swapped GTS-4 up for a complete respray. There are lots of cool trinkets on this car which set it apart. its got full NISMO gauges, wheel and shifter among some other little things. It should be a cool sleeper when its done.

Its amazing to see one in stock aesthetic trim on OEM GTR shocks.
Ah so it's still in the city?! I had seen the sales thread a while ago, but I didn't think much after it was listed as sold.

And I feel you on the current exchange rates. I'm staying off of the "fun" parts sites for the rest of the year. It's just too much of a loss right now.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:18 PM   #201
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Ah so it's still in the city?! I had seen the sales thread a while ago, but I didn't think much after it was listed as sold.

And I feel you on the current exchange rates. I'm staying off of the "fun" parts sites for the rest of the year. It's just too much of a loss right now.
what are the good sites?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-15-2016, 12:11 PM   #202
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by AscendaShogun View Post
what are the good sites?
Um... The regular places... i-parts.co.jp, Up Garage, YAJ, etc...

Old 09-16-2016, 07:28 AM   #203
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Um... The regular places... i-parts.co.jp, Up Garage, YAJ, etc...
I only ever knew about upG and YAJ.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-19-2016, 08:13 AM   #204
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

I've finally got to the bottom of the misfiring issue I think. I checked the ECU for codes and it came back saying MAFS and Coolant Temp Circuit. I cleaned the MAFS and ordered a new coolant temp sensor. I also switched the ECU for a mines one I had as a spare.

I'm kind of skeptical using this ECU because I'm not too sure what it is exactly tuned for. I'm assuming its the standard speed cut and a tune to correct for basic boltons (exhaust, intercooler, BOV ect.)

It came from a buddy who used it for a couple years in his car and he swears by it. Plugged it in and the car runs much better with it over the stock ECU I had.

i have not had any sort of stereo in the car since its been on the road and have been looking into replacing my trusty knockoff beats pill with something i don't have to take out and charge every other day.

Every stereo headunit (aside from the panasonic "ghost" which i had in my old hatch) are extremely tacky looking and I would like to retain my climate control, din gauges and cupholders.

I had planned on piecing together a "headunitless" bluetooth system which would just stream from my old Iphone. After doing a bit of searching I found a 1200W bluetooth amp for boats for less than $50.

I am a bit skeptical because the reviews for it were not the greatest. The bluetooth controller is HIDEOUS but it can easily be stuffed away somewhere. I've tested it with the two rear speakers and so far as I can tell it performs better than my knockoff beats pill so that's a win for me.

Sometime this week I will do a proper install with all 4 speakers. I just need to figure out what wires go to the front speakers and wire them up.

Also yesterday I went to my first Cars and Coffee event. I normally stay away from car meets as they tend to attract an immature crowd. Usually all the "adult" car meets around my house are just filled with 70's american cars so i was excited to see different things.

I got there early ish and managed to get a spot along the side of the building

It was the last one of the season so there was a huge overflow of cars out onto the street. great variety of cars.

90s poster cars out in full force. Its amazing to see how small the F40 was next to a modern day Ferrari

This super period correct 300zx caught my eye too. I didnt get a chance to talk to the owner but it looked like a great car.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:37 AM   #205
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

so its that time of year again when one runs out of light to do anything at 730. I installed the Pyle bluetooth amp over a couple of nights. I had to take everything apart and run new speaker wire for the rears and do a continuity test on the front speakers to see where everything went.

I wired everything up, mounted the amp under the rear parcel shelf, solder & heatshrink'd all the connections turned it on and the amp would only play one channel. (think of if your headphone jack is pulled out halfway). Ripped it all out and returned it for a full refund. I should have listened to the reviews.

Plan B was to wire up a kenwood deck I had planned on using before my period correct OCD took over.

Not super stoked on ruining the look or losing my cupholders but driving around without music was getting dull.

At least it matches. and has a bonus bluetooth function. I've ordered one of those really small 32gb usb keys to dump all my music on and prevent me from having to run my ipod cable to the centre console.

Scored another Nismo trinket to replace the fugly mishimoto one

Fall is coming so I hope to get a few more drives in before winter hibernation.

Old 10-07-2016, 01:08 PM   #206
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Winter?

What's that
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 09:50 PM   #207
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Winter?

What's that
Canadian hell or Subaru season, depending on who you're asking.

Old 10-08-2016, 07:20 PM   #208
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send Mines the ECU number. They should have it on file. Heard it takes them a while to respond. But maybe you'll eventually have all the details. Worth a shot lol.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:13 AM   #209
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Reading the part about your friends surprising you at the track gave me goosebumps dude! That's awesome! Great thread, keep it up, man.
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 11:35 AM   #210
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
Send Mines the ECU number. They should have it on file. Heard it takes them a while to respond. But maybe you'll eventually have all the details. Worth a shot lol.
Yea I will have to give that a shot over the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post
Reading the part about your friends surprising you at the track gave me goosebumps dude! That's awesome! Great thread, keep it up, man.
Thanks for reading. It was a pretty awesome surprise and a great day out.

Went out last weekend in search of some nice driving roads. Found that the Zestino Gredge 07rr also work well as all terrains.

I did manage to find some nice windy roads to play on but unfortunately they were all plagued with minivans and SUVs. I will have to venture out when it isnt a holiday long weekend (Thanksgiving in canada) when the roads are clearer.