Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 10-13-2009, 11:34 AM   #1
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Everything Space

So heres the Space thread. Do you think we will ever live in space?? How far do you think we will travel in our life time?? ect ect ect
S14_Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
zylvia213
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (36)
zylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zylvia213
eventually i think there will be humans living in space.... what was that one movie where they had a starbucks station up there lol
Old 10-13-2009, 04:18 PM   #3
SexPanda
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda

Damn Carl Sagan is fucking huge. all up in our solar system n shit.

Anyhow, I have tried at times to wrap my mind around how insanely massive the universe is... And its hard. Then trying to imagine how all of this is made of tiny tiny tiny fucking atoms we can only see the evidence of, not even the actual atoms...it just makes you feel medium lol. Not small, just medium.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:36 PM   #4
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
there's a lot of it. i find black holes and gravitational lenses to be the most interesting aspects. being able to see back 13 billion years is pretty badass.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:28 PM   #5
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post
Anyhow, I have tried at times to wrap my mind around how insanely massive the universe is... And its hard. Then trying to imagine how all of this is made of tiny tiny tiny fucking atoms we can only see the evidence of, not even the actual atoms...it just makes you feel medium lol. Not small, just medium.
Thats the same for me space is crazy. When you actually think about it and think about whats out there its....... I cant even put a word on it. What if black holes lead to another dimension or another part of space.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:48 PM   #6
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
you're probably just fucked if you get sucked in a black hole. no one even knows wtf a black hole is. it's the name of an uncertain phenomena. stephen hawking doesn't even know what a black hole actually does, but he does know that if you "fell" into a black hole, you could theoretically see the back of your own head if your brain was still able to function. black holes bend time. space is NUTTY!
Old 10-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #7
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
my astronomy teacher was telling me if u were to get sucked into a black hole you'd be able to see the back of your head....light is being consumed so fast that the light from the back of ur head will reflect right in front of you....weird

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:16 PM   #8
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LUV MY S13 View Post
my astronomy teacher was telling me if u were to get sucked into a black hole you'd be able to see the back of your head....light is being consumed so fast that the light from the back of ur head will reflect right in front of you....weird
Damn see the back of my head......... so whos jumping in first lol
Old 10-13-2009, 10:39 PM   #9
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

jupiter has storms the size of north america which can last hundreds of years...

-Jorge
Old 10-13-2009, 11:50 PM   #10
DoriftoPnoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
DoriftoPnoy is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i was reading about matter and anti-matter last night. trippy stuff.
what if anti-matter won the fight in the big bang theory? what anti-life would we have if any?
Old 10-14-2009, 01:45 AM   #11
deolio
Post Whore!

^my mind popped
Old 10-14-2009, 09:57 AM   #12
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoriftoPnoy View Post
i was reading about matter and anti-matter last night. trippy stuff.
what if anti-matter won the fight in the big bang theory? what anti-life would we have if any?
If everything was backwards does that not make us living dead sooooo would that mean we would be zombies???
Old 10-14-2009, 04:54 PM   #13
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
^^ holy shit my mind just got fucked.

What if anti-matter is actually matter, and we're all made of anti-matter, and everythis IS backwards?

Then again, I suppose its all perspective. Mind is still fubar tho.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:05 PM   #14
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

So how far do you guys think space actually goes. I think its far to travel from FL to PA. I cant even grasp how far space goes just it just like end or wtf.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:32 PM   #15
charkid
Leaky Injector

charkid is a well-known jackass
..Honestly , one of the biggest things that boggles my mind is the existence of another earth out in the universe. What if that other " earth " like planet is up to par with our technology , or even further down the line, and they are trying to search for other " earth " like planets too. What happens when we're both sending radio waves and stuff into space, and we finally find each other? That would blow my mind.
charkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:35 PM   #16
deolio
Post Whore!

the universe is 670,616,629x13.7 billion miles wide (or is it x27.4 billion? since it all came from a point?) anyway, the universe is 13.7 billion years old.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:55 PM   #17
Dalton918
Leaky Injector

Dalton918 is an unknown quantity at this point
^ Where did you get those numbers?
Dalton918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:43 PM   #18
deolio
Post Whore!

astronomy class? 670,616,629 mph is the speed of light so yeah. i think that's right. unless all the antibiotics i'm on are impairing my thinking.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:50 PM   #19
SexPanda
Post Whore!

Yeah the universe is frickin' huge. I'll see if I cant turn up this think I found that compairs the earth to the sun,then the sun to the largest known star... Its impresive.

And all I wanted was frikkin' sharks with frikkin' lasers strapped to their frikkin' heads...

edit- found it.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:39 PM   #20
deolio
Post Whore!

^yeah, shit is so nuts. seeing 13 billion years ago. that galaxy that has 8x the amount of stars as in the milky way is probably so much different now and has probably collided with other galaxies and all kinds of crazy shit. the milky way and andromeda galaxy are supposed to collide/combine in a couple billion years, but by then the earth will have no atmosphere from the increase of heat/radiation from the sun.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:45 PM   #21
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
the universe is 670,616,629x13.7 billion miles wide (or is it x27.4 billion? since it all came from a point?) anyway, the universe is 13.7 billion years old.
The universe is the whole thing right?? It has to go for more billions of miles right??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post
Yeah the universe is frickin' huge. I'll see if I cant turn up this think I found that compairs the earth to the sun,then the sun to the largest known star... Its impresive.

And all I wanted was frikkin' sharks with frikkin' lasers strapped to their frikkin' heads...
I knew our sun was not the biggest but think about how big the biggest sun is that we have not seen. Your graph makes me cry.

What about pandas with lasers strapped to the head ahahahahahah? They will eat bamboo then fuck your ass with a laser laughing with there friend the koala getting high.

Quote:
^yeah, shit is so nuts. seeing 13 billion years ago. that galaxy that has 8x the amount of stars as in the milky way is probably so much different now and has probably collided with other galaxies and all kinds of crazy shit. the milky way and andromeda galaxy are supposed to collide/combine in a couple billion years, but by then the earth will have no atmosphere from the increase of heat/radiation from the sun.
Yes think about this that other "earth" that was sending waves or whatever to find another earth could be long long long gone by now since we are looking sooooo far back in the past there could of been a "earth way more advanced then us that have been destroyed before our earth was even born 3.5 million years ago.

I just want to know when I look up and see space. Does space ever end??? WE are so little on this one plant our plant is so little in space.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:42 AM   #22
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
This thread sounds really depressing, but it's a fascinating topic.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:37 AM   #23
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
this thread seriously sucks...

its interesting, but infinite things make me uncomfortable.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #24
zylvia213
Nissanaholic!

zylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
how large or how old the universe i unknown till this day and will remain unkown. In my opinion it is imposible for astronomers or any one to really find out this answer. It will always be an assumption. It is very interesting as for how big or how old space is but at the same time its kinda scary lol.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:57 PM   #25
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
Quote:
you cannot take the speed of light and multiply it by the age of the universe to obtain a size of the universe.

it does not account for the expansion of space.

Observable universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Distances obtained as the speed of light multiplied by a cosmological time interval have no direct physical significance.[6]"
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:13 PM   #26
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

bro honestly there is no way to actually kno how big the universe is...no matter what scientist say

-Jorge
Old 10-15-2009, 03:06 PM   #27
zylvia213
Nissanaholic!

^^^^
Old 10-15-2009, 04:15 PM   #28
Sleepiedaze
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Sleepiedaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
wow and to imagine some where out there in space...... there is a alien getting drunk on his front porch.... freaking awesome
Sleepiedaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:46 PM   #29
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpoopy View Post
you cannot take the speed of light and multiply it by the age of the universe to obtain a size of the universe.

it does not account for the expansion of space.

Observable universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Distances obtained as the speed of light multiplied by a cosmological time interval have no direct physical significance.[6]"
lol yeah, meds make me retarded. i should have wiki'd it first...
Old 10-15-2009, 07:12 PM   #30
Dalton918
Leaky Injector

Dalton918 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would how you were so precise with your answer
Now my mind can be unfucked.
Dalton918 is offline   Reply With Quote