Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
The BIG marijuana discussion

So this is the perfect place for this thread. Ok this has everything to do with hotly debated political controversial things. Im not starting this thread with the thought of just talkin about getting stoned. What this thread is about, what government figures are for or against marijuana, What marijuana can do to help or hurt our country, What taxes, money, jobs, ect ect marijuana can do for america. This thread is here for everyone to give there opinion on what is going to happen in our future. So with that being said how do you feel, what info do you have to share??
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2009, 06:35 PM   #2
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Dooooooooomed
Old 08-26-2009, 06:47 PM   #3
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

^ lol I figured that but I thought I could try this is the place for this article of discussion and it is a very big thing happening in america at this time.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:56 PM   #4
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
it should be legalized, it's as harmful as the legal drugs we already have.

that said, people who can't stop talking about pot and pot laws and blah dee blah are fucking annoying.

inb4 "IT'S JUST A PLANT MAN MOTHER NATURE HERBS DUR DUR DURR"
Old 08-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #5
los_inc
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
los_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to los_inc
legalizing pot and taxing the piss out of it
is better then keeping it a black market item.
i'm sure selling legal pot would take a major chunk
out of that 9 trillion dollar deficit were going to have
<33
-los
Old 08-26-2009, 07:07 PM   #6
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
it should be legalized, it's as harmful as the legal drugs we already have.

that said, people who can't stop talking about pot and pot laws and blah dee blah are fucking annoying.

inb4 "IT'S JUST A PLANT MAN MOTHER NATURE HERBS DUR DUR DURR"
excellent, this section of the forums needs help now there are more things ppl can express the views on in the political world
Old 08-26-2009, 07:10 PM   #7
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
^^ we might as well legalize a lot of the other drugs as well if it's to benefit the economy lol.

I'm cool with marijuana being legal. Tax it heavily. Get some cool brand names out there. Put an age limit on it.
Treat it like a mix of cigarette and alcohol laws. You can smoke in public, but not in doors. Can't operate any vehicles.
Bring on some heavy fines when people are caught driving under the influence. Milk it as much as possible.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:11 PM   #8
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by los_inc View Post
legalizing pot and taxing the piss out of it
is better then keeping it a black market item.
i'm sure selling legal pot would take a major chunk
out of that 9 trillion dollar deficit were going to have
<33
-los

and u r 100% right its 1 Big way to make the government money they r passing up a great thing knocking at there door. I have heard one reason for it to still be illegal is because there is no way to test how high u r say driving like u can drinking and driving.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:12 PM   #9
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aNskY
Thats the thing.. if it were legal, they would tax the shit out of it. So instead of paying taxes out the ass, people would just grow their own. If you can grow a tomatoe you can grow some weed... thus no more tax money...

also the alcohol and pharmaceutical companies that the gov't has in their ass lobby hardcore against legalization because they think it will take some of their business. agreed on all fronts.

i smoke and i dont mind it being illegal, because i am responsible about it. also its only a violation (like a speeding ticket; not even a misdemeaner) and under $100 fine for posession of less than 28g in NY

if you drive around with quantities, blazin L's with the windows down, you deserve to get busted.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:20 PM   #10
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Well the taxing would have to be done in moderation.
I think black markets would be inevitable even without tax.
ppl would always want more of whatever is avail (such as an even higher thc content product).

Overall, I am for it, but I do think there has to be some level of regulation of use.
At the very least, you can NOT have drivers who are hallucinating driving,
just as you would discourage likewise unsafe drunk drivers.

It can't be taken to the extreme and be a 'free for all' affair.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:25 PM   #11
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
we need cigarettes back in vending machines. do the same with marijuana.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:35 PM   #12
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
Well the taxing would have to be done in moderation.
I think black markets would be inevitable even without tax.
ppl would always want more of whatever is avail (such as an even higher thc content product).

Overall, I am for it, but I do think there has to be some level of regulation of use.
At the very least, you can NOT have drivers who are hallucinating driving,
just as you would discourage likewise unsafe drunk drivers.
Kouki is correct too in what he said above me ^^ , a cop cannot prove that you are DWI on weed, so that is probably a big issue with federal legalization

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
we need cigarettes back in vending machines. do the same with marijuana.
man, those were the good ol days. cigarette machines were everywhere!!
Old 08-26-2009, 07:37 PM   #13
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

aNsKY
I dont mind it being illegal as well if I had the NY laws in FL, down here u get busted with weed you go to jail. Like u say if your smart and dont do stupid ass things u will be just fine. Ppl will grow ether way, what is stopping you or anyone from making there own alcohol or growing there own hops for the beer??

ronmcdon
I as well think it would be taxed in moderation. Ppl do always want more even if it illegal or legal pot is just going to keep getting better/stronger with advances in technology there is no stopping that.

Has anyone seen Marijuana Nation on Discovery channel or Marijuana on CNBC??
Old 08-26-2009, 07:57 PM   #14
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Marijuana is trashy, dont do it.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:10 PM   #15
jorge1190
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
jorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I also think that in the current situation the government really could benefit from something like this. My dad and I got in an extensive convo on this and he agrees because its short term effects are not as bad as alcohol i dont think. You've never heard of anyone getting poy poisoning. Testing if caught under suspicion would be as simple as passing or failing a sobrierity test. In VA even if under legal limit if you fail a field sobrierity test you can be booked for DUI.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:10 PM   #16
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_Kouki View Post
aNsKY
I dont mind it being illegal as well if I had the NY laws in FL, down here u get busted with weed you go to jail. Like u say if your smart and dont do stupid ass things u will be just fine. Ppl will grow ether way, what is stopping you or anyone from making there own alcohol or growing there own hops for the beer??

Has anyone seen Marijuana Nation on Discovery channel or Marijuana on CNBC??

Because it's a lot easier to go buy a 12 pack. It depends on how heavily taxed it is i guess, but if cigarette taxes are any indication, it would be OUTRAGEOUS.

are you talking about the documentary about nor-cal? i watched that a couple times lol
Old 08-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #17
obsolete
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
obsolete is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by aNskY View Post
Thats the thing.. if it were legal, they would tax the shit out of it. So instead of paying taxes out the ass, people would just grow their own. If you can grow a tomatoe you can grow some weed... thus no more tax money...

also the alcohol and pharmaceutical companies that the gov't has in their ass lobby hardcore against legalization because they think it will take some of their business. agreed on all fronts.

i smoke and i dont mind it being illegal, because i am responsible about it. also its only a violation (like a speeding ticket; not even a misdemeaner) and under $100 fine for posession of less than 28g in NY

if you drive around with quantities, blazin L's with the windows down, you deserve to get busted.
are the laws really that lax now? cause 28g is a good amount of bud.

I don't care what anyone says, driving while high does not compare in any way to driving while drunk.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #18
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

aNsKY
yes it is alot alot more easier to buy a 12 pack. But maybe if u know, it does cost alot to grow great plants. You just dont plant it and you have the best shit on the street. So if ppl want good stuff they will pay or take it in your own hands and do it right just like building a car. And yes the documentary it is great and answers alot of questions. But from what I have heard Oakland, CA has started taxing and the crime rate has gone down alot.

obsolete
You r 5000000% right that driving high does not compare to driving drunk

BTW Chuck Norris is never late Your just early
Old 08-26-2009, 09:01 PM   #19
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
legalize it
tax it
use money to pay for universal health care

in the words of placebo:
"a friend in need is a friend indeed, a friend with weed is better..."
Old 08-26-2009, 09:25 PM   #20
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

could not of been said any better
Old 08-26-2009, 09:32 PM   #21
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_Kouki View Post
and u r 100% right its 1 Big way to make the government money they r passing up a great thing knocking at there door. I have heard one reason for it to still be illegal is because there is no way to test how high u r say driving like u can drinking and driving.
blood test at the police station, just like they pull samples from drivers who dont want to or are unable to blow. take a better peek into sobriety test consent as breifly put on your driver license. you dont have to blow, you can always consent to a blood sample at the station, and that would be a test required by law to determine if you are under the influence of drugs.
at any rate, im pro legalization. its unfortunate how socially unaccepted marijuana is across the globe. people can be pretty dumb smoking weed, but dumber when drinking IMO. ive made some really shitty choices after drinking alcohol that i would have never made while smoking some pot, other than eating too much food
Old 08-26-2009, 09:36 PM   #22
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i think marijuana laws should be harsher

i also think cigarettes should be outlawed..
Old 08-26-2009, 09:49 PM   #23
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
This is America. The legality of marijuana should be left up to the states. That whole deligated rights thing in the constitution that has been conveniently forgotten by the federal government.

But I believe marijuana should be treated the exact same as alcohol. 50% tax, strict oversight, and a minimum smoking age. I don't smoke anymore, because it just isn't fun to me. I like being in control of my body. and I don't exactly need to be having cravings for a big mac without a job right now lol.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:58 PM   #24
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

SlideWall
Yes they could take a blood sample but that would not show how high u are at the time. It would just show you smoked within the past couple weeks. Since it stays in your system for awhile. Here is what i found and I quote "Alcohol is metabolized at the rate of .015 of blood alcohol concentration (BAC) every hour. 1 Thus a person with a very high BAC of .15 will have no measurable alcohol in the bloodstream after ten hours (.15 divided by .015 = 10).

LongGrain
Just wondering Why do you feel this way??
Old 08-26-2009, 10:04 PM   #25
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post
This is America. The legality status of marijuana should be left up to the states. That whole deligated rights thing in the constitution that has been conveniently forgotten by the federal government.

But I believe marijuana should be treated the exact same as alcohol. 50% tax, strict oversight, and a minimum smoking age. I don't smoke anymore, because it just isn't fun to me. I like being in control of my body. and I don't exactly need to be having cravings for a big mac without a job right now lol.
ahahahahahahahahahahahah I dont have a job ether (just laid off) I cry myself to sleep

its should be treated the same as alcohol
Old 08-26-2009, 10:05 PM   #26
reflexdb
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
reflexdb is making a name for him/her selfreflexdb is making a name for him/her selfreflexdb is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to reflexdb
That's exactly the problem with America, too many state rights. It screws up so much shit without any benefit. For instance, look at emissions requirements for vehicles. Is there any reason that other states don't have the same strict emissions requirements that CA has? No. Just that the other states are either too ignorant or lazy to act.

And to get back on topic...marijuana should be legal. There should be NO drinking age so people learn from the start not to overuse alcohol. And cigarettes should be legal too - they are the most addictive of the 3, so we can tax the hell out of them.

Problem solved.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:06 PM   #27
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Yep... Me too. I have bills to pay and no means to pay them. sucks sooo bad.

in lighter news, Im watching James Bond right now and the asian woman he was sleeping with just trapped him behind a fold down bed and shot it up with a machine gun lol.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:06 PM   #28
Uookaa

Uookaa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Uookaa
Legalize it.
Tax it heavily, along with tobacco and alcohol.

And if that's the case and you smoke weed...
Grow your own.

DONE!
Old 08-26-2009, 10:22 PM   #29
SexPanda
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflexdb View Post
That's exactly the problem with America, too many state rights. It screws up so much shit without any benefit. For instance, look at emissions requirements for vehicles. Is there any reason that other states don't have the same strict emissions requirements that CA has? No. Just that the other states are either too ignorant or lazy to act.

And to get back on topic...marijuana should be legal. There should be NO drinking age so people learn from the start not to overuse alcohol. And cigarettes should be legal too - they are the most addictive of the 3, so we can tax the hell out of them.

Problem solved.
too many states rights? This is a UNION, not just 1 giant country. The UNITED STATES, not AMERICA.

While I do agree California, and every state, has some stupid laws... They are there for a reason. Usually because some dicks abused the system, so they had to make a law to punish those people.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:31 PM   #30
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

reflexdb
ummm im pretty sure that pot is less addictive out of the 3. And I disagree with u on drinking, I think kids these days r fucking stupid and they would all die someway if there was no age law on drinking, just because they dont know responsibility, I thought when I was younger that there should be no age limit but now im older they should wait for there own safety. And do you mean ciggs should be illegal because they r already legal. unless you meant that differently.

SexPanda
Im with you man I right now have $1200 a month in bill from school and loans, with no job cause I keep getting laid off WTF mang lol.

Im watch Chuck Norris maybe he can help, HELP us Chuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread