Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 01-15-2009, 09:23 PM   #1
RJF
Super Administrator & Bean Counter

Trader Rating: (0)
RJF has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
$4.00 Gas Prices - They'll be back.

Change my Ass.

I thought domestic exploration would be an option....according to Lord Obama. Instead we get the same old game.

Over the past 30 years:

Democrats have blocked the development of new sources of petroleum.
Democrats have blocked drilling in ANWR.
Democrats have blocked drilling off the coast of Florida.
Democrats have blocked drilling off of the east coast.
Democrats have blocked drilling off of the west coast.
Democrats have blocked drilling off the Alaskan coast.
Democrats have blocked building oil refineries.
Democrats have blocked clean nuclear energy production.
Democrats have blocked clean coal production.

So it really wasn't so surprising when the democrats opened the 111th Congress by introducing a bill to permanently prohibit drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR).

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_L6pDyjqqsv...h/no+zones.jpg

Old 01-15-2009, 09:25 PM   #2
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
good, i prefer more expensive gasoline.
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:26 PM   #3
palmdale_mob
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
palmdale_mob is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Damn hippies
palmdale_mob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Fucking Nancy Pelosi.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:40 PM   #5
JeremyR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
JeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JeremyR
drilling in a wildlife refuge is just stupid.

i'm all for cheaper gas and whatnot. but why not just make more fuel efficient cars. 30mpg hybrids? what a joke. europe has had high MPG cars for YEARS and they arnt hybrids.

america has always had cheap gas so of course who cares if all our cars guzzle it.
whereas most foreign countrys dont have cheap gas, so instead they build more efficient cars. this is the way our country should be moving. 40+mpg cars should be more common place, without this "hybrid" non-sense. saw a "hybrid" silverado at the car show, thing still only gets 20mpg. lame.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:30 PM   #6
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
it's the democrats' fault
Old 01-15-2009, 10:35 PM   #7
sillyvia13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
sillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have a really sweet beard...
thats all....

oh yea, and I got a 55 drum of gas. x 10 at $1.52 a gallon.
thats is all.
Stock up on all. shits cheap now, hyperinflation coming sooN!
peace from a hippie!
sillyvia13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:37 PM   #8
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
no its your fault busted
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:04 PM   #9
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJF View Post
Change my Ass.
Kinda has to be in office to do anything. whoo, another RJF democrat bashing thread!! PINEAPPLE PINEAPPLE PINEAPPLE!! Wait, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongGrain View Post
Seriously, all this damn traffic now!
Old 01-15-2009, 11:05 PM   #10
svensko
Zilvia Junkie

svensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to svensko
Wait, we can't destroy the habitat of a fuggen animal refuge so you can keep your SUV topped off? This clearly has you outraged.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:07 PM   #11
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Whatever.

I can afford it.

Just means less broke people going out.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:11 PM   #12
renegade_ewok
Zilvia Junkie

renegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to beholdrenegade_ewok is a splendid one to behold
It is what it is, can't bitch about it now. Relative depravity; my friends in Germany pay the equivalent of 6-7 bucks a gallon. Welcome to how the rest of the world feels about this... while Americans bitch about it the most.
renegade_ewok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:15 PM   #13
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
$4 bucks?! You wish! Expect $5/gallon prices this year.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:18 PM   #14
svensko
Zilvia Junkie

svensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to svensko
Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade_ewok View Post
It is what it is, can't bitch about it now. Relative depravity; my friends in Germany pay the equivalent of 6-7 bucks a gallon. Welcome to how the rest of the world feels about this... while Americans bitch about it the most.
Psssssssssst, the rest of the world has reasonable public transportation and major cities that aren't hundreds of miles from each other.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:19 PM   #15
ATLspeed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
ATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
think i may have to move closer to where drift events are held....cuz ill be damn if i drive more than an hour to have some fun lol
Old 01-15-2009, 11:24 PM   #16
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
w/e...i payed it once

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:24 PM   #17
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
no its your fault busted
you'll get change

change from a five when you buy a gallon of gasoline for FOUR DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Old 01-15-2009, 11:26 PM   #18
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Flipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Aww... I should've stockpiled, hahah.

D-Street.net | bcuison.wordpress.com
Flipzide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:41 PM   #19
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I'm interested in the refineries.
What laws are you talking about specifically that limit or prohibit the building of new facilities?

I think there will be change. I'm just not so sure its for the better.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:49 PM   #20
neverrain
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
neverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Almost 5 bucks a gallon. My s13 was pushing a $60 fillup. Oh well. My buddies SS Silverado will cost almost $120 to fill the tank. Glad I only need to drive to work 4 days a week. 4/10 schedules are ftw.

neverrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:00 AM   #21
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Work is 30 minutes away from my house with traffic.

Would be less without.

High gas prices did suck, but less people driving = win.

Now, it takes forever to get anywhere.

It's a lose/lose situation.

High gas prices = Nobody drives
Low gas prices = Everybody and their mom's mom drive.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:19 AM   #22
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
My commute in socal remains more or less the same. I drive between west la, the san fernando valley, downtown, and god-forsaken azusa. gas prices had negligible if any effect. traffic is nice when school's out, but thats about it.

besides, I don't think many ppl are going to quit their job and stop driving to work b/c they pay more for gas, esp with the economy the way it is. you just deal with it.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:25 AM   #23
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
Waiting for the routine maintenance shut down and all of the nickel and dime savings they do at the refineries, look when the last refinery was built in the usa, look at the refineries down in long beach / Torrance they have not spent any money for modernization and improvement, just a ticking time bomb.
racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:36 AM   #24
iwishiwas-all*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
iwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
they dont like to drill in alaskek cause the aminals no drill theree drill mexicod

edit:this could have been the craziest thing ive ever typed drunk

Last edited by iwishiwas-all*; 01-16-2009 at 05:57 AM..
iwishiwas-all* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:43 AM   #25
luftrofl
Zilvia Junkie

luftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant futureluftrofl has a brilliant future
No shit it's coming back. Anyone who didn't see it coming is a fool.

Anybody who is saying that ANWR would make a significant impact is either unqualified to speak on the issue or is being paid a lot to say so. Either way, it's a stupid argument to make as there's not enough oil and it can't be accessed quickly enough to make a difference to the consumer.

That said, there's a stupid fear of nuclear power in this country. "Clean" technology clearly isn't where we want it to be and Americans have proved time and time again to be unable to understand that concessions must be made. Nuclear power seems like a good "temporary" power source until solar/wind/fusion/etc. really takes off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongGrain View Post
Agreed. Fewer people on the road + people driving slower = great.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:23 AM   #26
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
Good, maybe Americans will finally stop insisting that everything be bigger and badder then the next guys.

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:27 AM   #27
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
Good, maybe Americans will finally stop insisting that everything be bigger and badder then the next guys.
quiet nerd
Old 01-16-2009, 05:00 AM   #28
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Kn1ves
Quote:
Originally Posted by luftrofl View Post
No shit it's coming back. Anyone who didn't see it coming is a fool.

Anybody who is saying that ANWR would make a significant impact is either unqualified to speak on the issue or is being paid a lot to say so. Either way, it's a stupid argument to make as there's not enough oil and it can't be accessed quickly enough to make a difference to the consumer.

That said, there's a stupid fear of nuclear power in this country. "Clean" technology clearly isn't where we want it to be and Americans have proved time and time again to be unable to understand that concessions must be made. Nuclear power seems like a good "temporary" power source until solar/wind/fusion/etc. really takes off.

Agreed. Fewer people on the road + people driving slower = great.
Yup, it takes about 12 years to properly locate, drill, produce and export oil from an source that hasn't been found yet.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:19 AM   #29
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
You're all tools.

The Real Reason Gas Hit $4/Gallon

BTW, I pay ~$6.35/gallon.

Awesome.
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:17 AM   #30
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
why does anyone think drilling in florida is good... everyone that's been to texas from florida and see how oil rigs dicked the beach doesn't want it.. florida gets like 3x the hurricanes that the gulf coast does. florida is a long thin stick of land so even if a hurricane doesn't hit where the rig is.. says it hits 200 miles north... it will still cut off the supply from that rig as it will have to pass through that area... florida has way to many hippies, reef lovers, manatees, endangered everything to drill... not happening.