Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
-eunos-

Trader Rating: (0)
-eunos- is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
-eunos-'s 180sx to sil80

So after a long journey to get to this point, (and an even bigger one yet to com)
I have finally put together a build thread with the start (purchase) up to the point it stands at the moment:

__________________________________________________ ____________________

this is how it looked in the AD on car sales... only to find that nither the wheels or bonnet came with it....

After some deliberation with one of my close friend with more knowlege then myself on imports, I decided to take it for a drive... surprised with the power etc i said, yep here's a deposit ill see you next week.

When i picked it up, the guy said he had no idea what was needed for the roadworthy, so removed virtually every aftermarket part and bodykit... and said, here you go man... put it back together...

he handed me a handful of intake piping, intercooler, FMIC, BOV, pod and virtually every piece of aftermarket bodyparts...

I finally got it home, not knowing the car, at night from melbourne to "out the sticks" (4 hour drive) and had a short night sleep...

that weekend i started to temporarily repair the front bar... literally falling to bits in my hands.

So, for the minute, (untill I had a good few hours to glass repair it) I stitched the front bar, cos it was falling apart after trying to navigate my driveway entrance...

replaced the mis-matched stock rear bar with the one I picked up off the guy in doncaster..

Ready for the new intake pipe to be fabbed at my local exhaust centre, the dose pipe was dodgy as...

And finally (with then bonnet popped for the guy) The first niceer shot of my new 180 ;-)

got the "bitZa" intake pipe (between the MAF and the turbo) welded up, as it was poorly made and kept bursting at the silicon hose joiners on friday, ready for the local cruise..

last night I spent 4 hours putting on the Greddy intercooler that came separet with my car... the guy had left out a few important fittings.. so I tried to make do with what I had... anyone tried to stretch a black bit of vulcanised rubber pipe joiner from 2 inch to 2.5 inch...? it can be done... about an hour of elbow grease... i was still sore days after.

finally got it all on, but for some reason the boost isn't breaking past 5psi (with a 16psi boost tee)??? vacuum and boost leaks will be the problem...

Chewies Philosophy: (There was a heap more before this tho)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
*PARAPHRASING*

Notes:
Remove vented headlight cover
Paint rear bar
Get new wheels ASAP!
Paint mirrors/pillars white or roof black
Get indicators for quarter panels
Remove trailer looking side indicators
Make Cannon fit rear bumper correctly
New Wheels
New Wheels
New Wheels
New Wheels
New Wheels
Enjoy car so more
New Wheels?

I put the carbon wing back on to see different styles the car could sway towards.

with the GReddy intercooler fitted...

Rolled my rear guards ... surprised the previous owner hadn't especially with the crazy amount of tyre that was outside the guard. was gonna pump them about 10-15mm but decided otherwise...

Started having troubles with it breaking down under load, thinkiing it was coil packs... realised it was a slight exhaust leak getting sucked into the MAF and totalling the Z32

Watch this space... as I have pages and pages of pics and walkthroughs of things I have done..
-eunos- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links