Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-02-2015, 06:10 PM   #61
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
rbpwrd240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Boy you just saved an unknown amount of DIN Guages form the scrap yard. Props!!!
rbpwrd240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2015, 10:04 PM   #62
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

I was wondering if anyone knows where you could source the boost sensor electrical plug from the harness. Looks like Z32 TT cars had the same connector as kouki boost sensor. Makes sense since they apparently share the same part number. Is there any other cars in the US that you could source this plug from?
Old 09-21-2015, 11:40 PM   #63
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
has anybody tested the z32 TT boost sensor to see if it actually works with the gauge?
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:13 AM   #64
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

^^^^ Really, at least read the thread before you ask that question. The answer is in this thread........
Old 09-22-2015, 02:33 AM   #65
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbpwrd240 View Post
I was wondering if anyone knows where you could source the boost sensor electrical plug from the harness. Looks like Z32 TT cars had the same connector as kouki boost sensor. Makes sense since they apparently share the same part number. Is there any other cars in the US that you could source this plug from?
After a bunch of poking around it appears you can use a 300zx coil pack or oxygen sensor plug on a silvia k's boost sensor. So if all you manage to get ahold of is the sensor you should be able to source the plug localy or on ebay as a 300zx 3 pin connector replacement. they are about 10 bucks.

Hope this helps someone.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:35 AM   #66
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
I've tried the Z32, R32, R33, and S14 Zenki boost sensors, none of them will work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
I do.

Part Number: 25085-89900
Also found on '91+ Z32 TT models, all R33 turbo models.

R32 too, bitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbpwrd240 View Post
^^^^ Really, at least read the thread before you ask that question. The answer is in this thread........

At the beginning of the thread one person said that it wouldn't work, then recently somebody said it should work since the part numbers are apparently the same. That's the reason I was asking...
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:25 AM   #67
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blksylv View Post
At the beginning of the thread one person said that it wouldn't work, then recently somebody said it should work since the part numbers are apparently the same. That's the reason I was asking...
Not sure if this helps or just adds more confusion, but the Kouki boost sensor takes a switched 12V power source. When I was looking over the Z32 FSM, the Z32 boost sensor gets 5V power from the ECU (same with the Zenki boost sensor). So to me that would mean they're not compatible. Giving a Z32 boost sensor full 12V power would either A) fry it, or B) not read correctly.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:33 AM   #68
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Gotcha and thanks for the reply. Yea that definitely clears it up. I'll just keep a lookout for kouki one.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:07 PM   #69
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

They can be hard to get. I have a spare if anyone needs one but look to pay at least 100 bucks for it.

The new one is 400 FYI....
Old 04-20-2016, 01:41 AM   #70
j4ptnd

Trader Rating: (0)
j4ptnd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Boost guage wiring

Here's how I got my boost gauge to work:

Any square boost sensor part number: 25085-89900 from S14, Z32, R32 or R33 will work, if not, check connections or try a different one as my first one didn’t work.

Newer round boost sensors from R34 etc will NOT work with this boost gauge.

Here's wiring diagrams for the R33 GTR triple gauge cluster that I used to get it working. (same info as S14 for boost gauge):

Enjoy

Any questions just ask
j4ptnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 12:24 AM   #71
j4ptnd

j4ptnd is an unknown quantity at this point
Boost sensor wiring

double post

Last edited by j4ptnd; 05-15-2016 at 02:19 AM..
j4ptnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 05:30 PM   #72
c.f.169
Leaky Injector

c.f.169 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bumping this thread back from the dark ages. Excuse my user name choice too, no clue what I was thinking when I made it years back *facepalm*.

My issue is that I wired it today following the initial post and now that it?s all wired, the volt gauge shows voltage all the time, even with the key out. I?m not sure if this is supposed to be like this or not but I?m looking for advice if it?s incorrect.

Thanks, and again, sorry for bringing this back.

*Edit* I ended up using ACC from the radio as I learned I was using constant power hence the volt gauge always showing the voltage. It now seems to work as it should however, the new issue is the middle, oil pressure gauge dims lower then the other two after about 10-15 seconds. It?s still illuminated, but half as bright.

Last edited by c.f.169; 09-10-2023 at 08:28 AM..
c.f.169 is offline   Reply With Quote