Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-17-2015, 03:49 PM   #1
KrystalGhost

Trader Rating: (0)
KrystalGhost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Help?

Hello, I'm new here (if you couldn't tell lol) and I'm in need of some help.
I have an '89 240sx two-tone coupe and she refuses to give me power. I wrecked her years ago in '06 and had to park her because the gas tank was damaged. She sat until about 2013 when I was finally able to get time and money to work on her again.
FINALLY got her running, drove her around a bit to get the cobwebs out, parked, cranked her again to be sure all was well, cut 'er off, replaced the spark plugs and wires (careful to make sure the firing order was correct), test cranked her, fired right up, cut 'er off and went in for the night. Came back out to crank her again to keep everything charged while I was getting the funds to properly register her again and I got nothing. Not even the door ajar musicbox. Tried hooking the battery up to a charge cart for a few hours. Still nothing. I realize that it could be that the alternator could've finally croaked but I was also told that it could be some sort of computer chip that could've died?
I guess what I'm asking is what are the main problems I should look at fixing so that I can finally drive my baby again.
KrystalGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2015, 03:54 PM   #2
95_S14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (108)
95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 108 reviews
check the grey 75a fuse under the hood
Old 05-18-2015, 12:28 PM   #3
KrystalGhost

OK Update
Managed to get power after checking the fuses (all of them just to be safe) and hooking the battery to some jumper cables and my Grandfathers pickup truck. She tried very hard to turn over but just couldn't. Suspect that the fuel lines are clogged as after so many years of sitting I had to have the tank boiled and a new pump installed.
Can someone tell me or point me in the direction of a thread that explains how to blow out fuel lines? I'm still a novice at mechanics and don't want to mess anything up by flying blind XD
Old 04-27-2016, 12:41 AM   #4
KrystalGhost

Wow, It's almost been a whole year since I posted here XD

Ok Update before everything else; Got tired of waiting on the family mechanic and trying to fly by the seat of my pants so I took her to a shop. They tell me that the fuel pump wasn't getting enough to the engine (Weird, as it was a Brand new pump I put in and I told them that when they said it) So they're currently re-working the fuel system. I'm calling for an update tomorrow and hoping they're finished so I can get her home to work on replacing worn parts and getting her looking good again.

Now, on to more questions...or should I say list of parts needed
-Right Rear quarter panel
-Windshield
-Tail lights
Can someone point me in the direction of a place to get those things for a decent price? Would snatching parts from a '92 model rolling shell I found be viable? Also toying with the idea of going from Automatic to Manual any thought's/tips?
Old 04-27-2016, 01:09 AM   #5
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Damn back from the dead....sent you a pm about the parts
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:15 AM   #6
KrystalGhost

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWGarage View Post
Damn back from the dead....sent you a pm about the parts
Lol more like Life XD
Thank you but the pm doesn't seem to have gone through, it's showing me my inbox is empty. :c
Old 04-27-2016, 03:23 AM   #7
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Resent.....
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote