Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 11:32 PM   #91
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTFBBQ
I do think a boycott could work
if they hold their own drifting event and we got as many people as we could to not participate, I think we could get to them then maybe work something out
if you've waited this long to drift, why not just wait a bit longer untill we resolve things

Word.. at least we can do it once or twice like he said..
If nothing stirs.. we can cave..
Old 05-19-2006, 01:31 AM   #92
BayS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
BayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by downshift_sideways
Hahahahahaha, I just realized what you guys are talking about, I should edit my original post. . . We ended up drinking @ my apt. with other guys...
hahaha editing now...b4 i get pwned some more..
drinking with some other guys at the apartment. hahah that jus sounds funny
Old 05-19-2006, 03:14 AM   #93
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
its gunna be hard for me not to drive while all you guys are outside. Track all to myself.....mmmmmmm. I'll just have to take the bike so I cant drift.lol
Old 05-19-2006, 12:35 PM   #94
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Unless its raining.. !! MUHAHA
Old 05-19-2006, 10:06 PM   #95
rewplayff
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
rewplayff will become famous soon enoughrewplayff will become famous soon enoughrewplayff will become famous soon enoughrewplayff will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
http://www.altamontracing.com/amp_me...ers_051806.pdf is this letter on zilvia.net yet?
Old 05-19-2006, 10:21 PM   #96
SpeedMonkeyInc
Zilvia FREAK!

SpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond repute
I had not seen that. Thats good news right? That means there is a chance NCDA can continue. Hopefully this all works out well.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:33 PM   #97
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTFBBQ
if it came to a boycott..
it would only take like 2-3 events for them get the point i think
if we passed it on to club4ag and stuff

Defenitely this isn't just a problem for 240owners, we need to send a message/boycott to everyone within the AUTO X/ drifting communities.
If it's just us at Zilvia technically we aren't putting a dent in Kenny's pocket(so then we might as well join the crowd), this means we need to drop a bomb (noy literally) and drop it hard. This means we also need to send the message across to the domestic car forums as well.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:34 PM   #98
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
OMG, I have revived my faith in Altamont, I have a reason to live again!

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:35 PM   #99
dct223
Nissanaholic!

dct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to dct223
sounds like good news from altamont...

there goes altamont with their potty mouths again... first saying couldnt get permits.. now they say they had to cancel it due to the complaints..

but all and all.. glad they are tryign to make it work
Old 05-19-2006, 10:41 PM   #100
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedMonkeyInc
I had not seen that. Thats good news right? That means there is a chance NCDA can continue. Hopefully this all works out well.
No thats not good news. He has shortened and trickled down half of the season, and is telling NCDA that "you have been very bad and therefore are on probation.."
There defenitely will need to be some rules implemented if this really happens....It's all still hear say Kenny hasn't promised anything like he said he would.....He is also discrediting all the hard work that NCDA has put into events.......
Old 05-19-2006, 10:48 PM   #101
dct223
Nissanaholic!

dct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to dct223
not really 1/2 the season... anyways last year a few of them got rained out... and it was still OFF DA CHAIN!
Old 05-19-2006, 10:56 PM   #102
SpeedMonkeyInc
Zilvia FREAK!

SpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond repute
I disagree with your interpretation. I did not read that NCDA had "been bad" but that neighbor complaints have been severe and constant. Yes we have already lost one event, and maybe more. However, if there is the chance that we can get back on to the track at all, its better than nothing. How is NCDA being discredited? The guy is not promising anything now. Only demanding that any illegal driving on Midway stop. I don't really think that is NCDA's responsibility but it is not an unreasonable demand.

This is starting to sound like a "rebel and stick it to the man" but all this started because of immature ricer brats.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:11 PM   #103
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

I won't hold my breathe...

I hope this turns out well.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:03 AM   #104
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
All you guys need to do is look at it like this.

The neighbors complain after every event whether it be nascar, or drifting.

People allways drive retarded too and from events.

If altamont was making money on drifting it would'nt matter how many complaints they got.

With them saying that we are on probation they are giving themselves the power to ban all events hosted by ncda.net which they will.

poo
Old 05-20-2006, 02:01 AM   #105
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
well I say we do what they say and try to get some events in. If it is sincere and it does work, doubble woot for the drifting commuinty. If not were back where we started. Once again, I'm down to do whatever I can.
Old 05-20-2006, 03:44 AM   #106
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex
well I say we do what they say and try to get some events in. If it is sincere and it does work, doubble woot for the drifting commuinty. If not were back where we started. Once again, I'm down to do whatever I can.
+1

messagelength
Old 05-20-2006, 04:22 AM   #107
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808
With them saying that we are on probation they are giving themselves the power to ban all events hosted by ncda.net which they will.
Agreed everyone is looking at this on a small scale, people need to look at it on a larger scale, and realize that they want NCDA out of the picture....
Old 05-20-2006, 08:37 AM   #108
jaae86
Zilvia Junkie

jaae86 will become famous soon enoughjaae86 will become famous soon enoughjaae86 will become famous soon enoughjaae86 will become famous soon enoughjaae86 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jaae86
.....just dont be surprise if Altamont throws their own drifting events. They know they can make a good profit out of this....
Old 05-20-2006, 08:51 PM   #109
blaze1
Zilvia Member

blaze1 is making a name for him/her selfblaze1 is making a name for him/her self
The people at altamont dont seem that honest.

I agree with those that say people act like coming too any type of motorsport event. But drifting is new to everyone else except us so we have to be on our best behaivor because they still dont understand its basicly just like any other motorsport when it comes to the actions of the people who participate in it. So that means we need to be on extra extra good behavior, and i mean role to the track in a quiet calm behavior and leave in a quiet calm behavior like your going to church. Rais hell on the track but leave it on the track, but seriously if they do own there own drift or auto x events even though Im in so cal I will be glad to spread the word for a boycot!!!
Old 05-20-2006, 10:02 PM   #110
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

The fact is when you go to baseball or football games you don't see the county of Alameda closing Raiders and A's games. There are also more DRUNK reckless drivers that leave those games, than probably at a motorsports event.
Really it's no different than going to a NASCAR event and guzzling booz all day and then driving home swerved.
Altamont is out of line.......
Old 05-20-2006, 10:13 PM   #111
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Those are larger venues tho, and do bring in lots more moolah.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:16 PM   #112
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedMonkeyInc

This is starting to sound like a "rebel and stick it to the man" but all this started because of immature ricer brats.

word

I'll take what I can get... 2 events? Awesome, I'll be at both.

Hope everything works out for us.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:39 PM   #113
kansei

kansei is an unknown quantity at this point
Talk to your rep.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:23 PM   #114
SpeedMonkeyInc
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVinnie
The fact is when you go to baseball or football games you don't see the county of Alameda closing Raiders and A's games. There are also more DRUNK reckless drivers that leave those games, than probably at a motorsports event.
Really it's no different than going to a NASCAR event and guzzling booz all day and then driving home swerved.
Altamont is out of line.......
Absolutly.

I was very hopefull when I saw that letter. But NCDA says they have already done that and the 18th was to be the probationary event. More of the bigger picture becomes visible. As was stated by others already, looks like if there will be drifting at Altamont NCDA won't be a part of it. That sucks.

Hopefully drifting will return to Altamont one way or another.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:49 PM   #115
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

All this is really is discrimination against drifters in the motorsports community. Really we are no different from auto-x, we actually follow alot of the same rules and safety guidlines that most people have to follow when on the track. Really I feel the NCDA needs a lawyer, if there isn't any action taken then drifting in the state of California will only be looked at as "wreckless drivers doing wreckless driving". Drifting takes alot of patients and focus and it doesn't deserve to be taken away from us just because people of higher power do not understand.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:03 PM   #116
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Guys... I dunno wassup with the reading skillz, but they aren't saying anything potentially bad against drifters at all.... They are just saying that we need some plan to try and enforce the driving habits of people to and from the events. Let it be speed limit or how people drive. I for one have seen someone slide completely off the road and into a ditch while driving to the event right off the freeway. That is stupid and bs.... They are very clear and very business like in the tone that they are talking to us, especially giving us guidelines of what we need to do to continue drift events at the track. Secondly, the letter was written to NCDA and the drifting community, if I for one was to write a business letter, that is the way I would write it.

I go to MBA school to learn about how business operates and Altamount is a business not a run of the mill place. They spent probably millions to resurface the track and god knows they want to make that back. I see that they are already putting a good foot forward in giving us two trial runs at drift night and that we SHOULD come up with a plan to stop people from driving recklessly on the way up to race track. It is a residential district all the way up to the track and we should respect that.

I think NCDA should come up with a plan to keep track of potential problems off from the freeway to the track. If you look at Sears or Leguna, they have staff standing, directing traffic from the freeway right up to the gate. That is the way it should be. Secondly, you SWEAR you can really drive that fast after the Raiders games, have you seen the traffic that comes outta that stadium, you couldn't even do 30MPH up to the freeway. I should know I live near there.

Bottom line is, they have given two test drift nights and trust me they don't have to. It is up to NCDA to figure out a plan to direct and keep an eye on traffic flow from the freeway to the race track. Like a high class event at Leguna or Sears, I for one believe that this will give us an awesome presence there and WILL give us some great exposure to the drifting scene that we are NOT running some underground drift competition.

In response to some of the criticism here as well, auto-x has rules but that is in the actual competition and from what I grasp from the letters and previous information, our problem is with the way we get TO and FROM the track, not the even itself. Remember where the track is located? Marina air field is middle of no where and so is areas around Golden Gate Fields and bla bla bla..... Altamount is middle of residential district. Auto-X events have signs and people leading from the freeway all the way down to most of the events. If you guys ask yourself if you ever sped to the track, I say most of you probably have and I think I have done as well. As they say, you speed 1 mile over 25 or 35 speed limit, that is speeding period; going to the track is no different. I love drifting and I have prepped my car since the last NCDA event last year, if they are telling us what we need to do, then do it. Don't b!tch. We can b!tch if we did EVERYTHING in the guidelines that they put forth and they still shut us down.

At this point, I for one will do everything in my power to get drifting out there. Let it be the people dedicated running the corners to me standing out there on the road at night waving those light sticks off the freeway and keeping an out for speeders or whatever. That is part of the sport and setting it up is the hard part. The REAL big picture is that we want a driftng event to happen, LETS SUCK IT UP AND DO IT.....

I still give much props to Todd and All the NCDA staff and people who like drifting and work at the events. Less not fall apart at the last second.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:53 PM   #117
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

But see, none of us here are responsable for the ass-clowns that the complaints were filed against.

We are all patiently waiting for this and have enough respect to drive safely to and from Altamont.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:58 PM   #118
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Yah I completely second that what you say.... but to them see us all as the same thing. Drifters.... it sucks ass, but that is what makes a community. We pick up what other people f...ed and support the sport.... It sucks but that is for the love of the sport. I mean yah there are probably rumors of altamount being shady or people really that jacked up, we can't confirm that, but lets look to future and see how we can prevent it. I mean as a contingency we can say to the Altamount people that during the events we can try and stop speeding and reckless driving, but other than our events time, that is local enforcement crap. That isn't our problem.... We just gotta be smart....
Old 05-21-2006, 06:02 PM   #119
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828
I mean as a contingency we can say to the Altamount people that during the events we can try and stop speeding and reckless driving, but other than our events time, that is local enforcement crap. That isn't our problem.... We just gotta be smart....

But isn't this what they're making our problem now? I mean, I guess I understand because they can't single out those responsable that they just target all of us...

but I wanna drift... and I'm not a jack-ass. And I want those idiots to die. shit, I'll park out there and turn them in myself if it means we get to have our track.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:03 PM   #120
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeGuero
We are all patiently waiting for this and have enough respect to drive safely to and from Altamont.

Agreed, and if Kenny will infact let people use the track, maybe NCDA should work with local law enforcement for those days given to keep the bad apples off the track and away from us. I don't think NCDA deserves what he is calling a probation period.
I think calling up the local law enforcement on those days between those hours is a good thing, and fine by me as long as I get to go to the track.
City makes money on violators that drive wrecklessly to the event, and NCDA took responsibility to inform law enforcement that this wreckless activity is not condoned.
Closed Thread