Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-03-2005, 06:23 PM   #1
JDMvelocity
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
JDMvelocity is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hydraulic lifter problem

hey i was trying to see whats wrong with my engine, its beginning to tick and it was one of the hydraulic lifter. I changed that one lifter for about 1 month ago and it was running fine no ticks, but like a week ago it began to tick again so i changed that one lifter again yesterday it was the same lifter that was broken last time. It ran fine until today when i was driving it and i drove it to like 4-5 k rpm and drove it like that for a couple secs and the tick sound came back. I checked the lifters and the same one i changed yesterday is broken. What can be the problem of my engine making the same lifter break?
JDMvelocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2005, 01:42 PM   #2
allmotorKA
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
allmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Need more info...What is "broken" about your lifter? Do you see any physical damage or do you consider it "broken" because of the ticking sound?
allmotorKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 05:38 PM   #3
JDMvelocity
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
JDMvelocity is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i checked it and one of the lifters is loose
JDMvelocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 01:35 PM   #4
allmotorKA
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
allmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really niceallmotorKA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It sounds like your hydraulic lifter is losing oil prime. Possible causes are worn lifter (you changed that already), worn or loose rocker shaft, or basically anything that could cause insufficient oil pressure to that lifter. Try checking the rocker shaft diameter where the loose lifter is...it might be worn down to the point that the oil escapes by the lifter instead of feeding it. Also make sure that the rocker shaft oil feed holes are clean and that it seats to the head nicely.
allmotorKA is offline   Reply With Quote