Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #871
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Lol damn internet! Yea I LOVE Willow Springs, why else would I drive 8 hours to drive there, I am always trying to promote local events too. Thunderhill is like my home track so I'm just trying to make our events as huge and successful as socals. I'll definitely be back... soon.... with more power. Just got my S15 turbo in the mail.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:47 PM   #872
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
That's what I run. s15 turbo with power fc djetro, 740cc injectors, 1.2bar. Ultimate grassroots setup. I wish I had about 50 more hp to link uphill at 4th gear HTM section and to make streets a little easier but I think reliability would go down. I've been running the same boost and power levels for the last 5 or 6 years with no motor problems whatsoever. Having 300whp makes the faster sections a challenge too which really helps train you to improve your line. I wish I had the time and money to come up to norcal for some big fast track action. The farthest north I go is to Buttonwillow.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:20 PM   #873
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert View Post
That's what I run. s15 turbo with power fc djetro, 740cc injectors, 1.2bar. Ultimate grassroots setup. I wish I had about 50 more hp to link uphill at 4th gear HTM section and to make streets a little easier but I think reliability would go down. I've been running the same boost and power levels for the last 5 or 6 years with no motor problems whatsoever. Having 300whp makes the faster sections a challenge too which really helps train you to improve your line. I wish I had the time and money to come up to norcal for some big fast track action. The farthest north I go is to Buttonwillow.
Stock bottom end? I just got the S15 turbo, MBC, doing HG and studs, PBM intercooler and 800CC injectors. Looking to boost around your level and rock it.

You should save and come up for the December events. Always a lot of fun. Saturday and Sunday December 18th and 19th. Last year was a blast with an informal comp. We would just do open sessions on sections of the track and have it judged with winners at the end for "Longest Ebrake" or "Hella Understeer."
Old 07-14-2010, 09:13 PM   #874
Flybert
Post Whore!

Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Stock motor just with RAS but ran for years without them. I think you need more power to blow off rocker arms.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:18 PM   #875
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Yea I've had RAS forever now. I don't see any reason not to run em since they are so cheap.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:07 AM   #876
LocalStreetHero
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
LocalStreetHero is a glorious beacon of lightLocalStreetHero is a glorious beacon of lightLocalStreetHero is a glorious beacon of lightLocalStreetHero is a glorious beacon of lightLocalStreetHero is a glorious beacon of lightLocalStreetHero is a glorious beacon of lightLocalStreetHero is a glorious beacon of lightLocalStreetHero is a glorious beacon of lightLocalStreetHero is a glorious beacon of lightLocalStreetHero is a glorious beacon of lightLocalStreetHero is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LocalStreetHero
words cannot describe what I'm feeling right now. I have been working on this fuckin video since 6pm today Non stop. I am writing up the end credits, everything is DONE! Click on a Motion tab and "click". FCP closes and after a restart, the last autosave was from yesterday. Fuck this video, you'll see it next year.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:24 AM   #877
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
fuck auto save.
you need to also save yourself.
save the notes or whatever its called, then render, save that, then export and save that.

Ive had my problems with CS2/3/4, lol
I save every version of the shit now.
(I also end up having to relink, about every 6th time i turn it on, bullshit! lol)

Flybert, may have been me talking about 2nd gear.
Although i wouldnt be complaining, just sayin at 140HP, all i got is 2nd gear rev limiter, lol.
hopefully this tv season end up better, and i can afford power for next year
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:45 AM   #878
foreverdark
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (13)
foreverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalStreetHero View Post
words cannot describe what I'm feeling right now. I have been working on this fuckin video since 6pm today Non stop. I am writing up the end credits, everything is DONE! Click on a Motion tab and "click". FCP closes and after a restart, the last autosave was from yesterday. Fuck this video, you'll see it next year.
NOooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 07-15-2010, 01:58 AM   #879
charlie@justdrift
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
charlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond reputecharlie@justdrift has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to charlie@justdrift Send a message via Yahoo to charlie@justdrift
hmm.... htm judged section is definitely upshiftable to 3rd all the way pass the front water tower to coming up the up hill straight. that's where i broke 3rd gear couple years ago.

streets, the only time you come to 2nd counter is coming out of skidpad, it has that little narrow kink that bogs down on 3rd with a dirt drop. so that's why i say 2nd out of that turn. but, bowl all the way out to the uphill is definitely 3rd. oh, that hairpin on top of the last turn to front straight is also 3rd - to 2nd. but after that it's 3rd and 4th.

clockwise... 4th going up hill. the only time i can remember being on 2nd is the hairpin turn before the bowl and that kink before the skidpad. cause u enter 90 degree turn.

deng... even balcony is 3rd!

i dunno the point of my reply... lol. i'm sleepy! goodnight!
charlie@justdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:20 AM   #880
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Man, I feel like a puss now, lol. I did most of Streets in 2nd. In 3rd i'd either bog or the car would just push outwards and throw me off course, even though i'd be aiming for my usual lines. From turn 3 all through turn 6, I'd be banging 2nd, going clockwise. Clutch kick going downhilll into turn 3, transition on that short straight before the right hairpin, slam on the brakes to extend the slide into turn 4, mash the throttle out of there and nearly peg the limiter linking the next 2 wider sweepers. Then I'd run out of gear and power and just pull out of the drift lol.
That section was by far my favorite part of the track.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:54 AM   #881
foreverdark
Nissanaholic!

foreverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfectionforeverdark is close to perfection
At HTM I would come into the top in 3rd ebrake then downshift into 2nd on the down hill and pretty much stay in 2nd the rest of the course.

Streets gear changes were all over the place. I mostly stayed in 2nd and upshift to 3rd on some parts. 4th was on the long ass straight.

I have a stock RB so trying to keep it in 3rd for a while unless im up in the RPM range is a bitch.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:41 PM   #882
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
Quote:
haha! NOOO! Don't give up!
karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:20 PM   #883
LocalStreetHero
Zilvia Member

LocalStreetHero is a glorious beacon of lightLocalStreetHero is a glorious beacon of lightLocalStreetHero is a glorious beacon of lightLocalStreetHero is a glorious beacon of lightLocalStreetHero is a glorious beacon of lightLocalStreetHero is a glorious beacon of lightLocalStreetHero is a glorious beacon of lightLocalStreetHero is a glorious beacon of lightLocalStreetHero is a glorious beacon of lightLocalStreetHero is a glorious beacon of lightLocalStreetHero is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl wasabi View Post
haha! NOOO! Don't give up!

All is well, video will be done soon. Hopefully by tonight!!

if you were following on twitter, you would see that the vid is being run through Compressor and is almost dunzo:

Last edited by LocalStreetHero; 07-15-2010 at 09:51 PM..
LocalStreetHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:01 AM   #884
foreverdark
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
All is well, video will be done soon. Hopefully by tonight!!

if you were following on twitter, you would see that the vid is being run through Compressor and is almost dunzo:
Awesome!!! I can't wait to see it. Hope I am in it
Old 07-16-2010, 12:53 AM   #885
LocalStreetHero
Zilvia Member

All Star Bash X video by Hero Productions is finally done. Just a montage of hella drifting, nothing too major, but pretty sick.

Write up here: Hero Productions
or for you laziez
Video here:
All Star Bash X on Vimeo
Old 07-16-2010, 03:10 AM   #886
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
sicksicksicksick

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:27 AM   #887
Spencer dougherty
Post Whore!

Location: Santa Ana CA **SideWays Performance** 1(714)330-0021
Trader Rating: (65)
Spencer dougherty is just really niceSpencer dougherty is just really niceSpencer dougherty is just really niceSpencer dougherty is just really niceSpencer dougherty is just really niceSpencer dougherty is just really niceSpencer dougherty is just really niceSpencer dougherty is just really niceSpencer dougherty is just really nice
Feedback Score: 65 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Spencer dougherty
wish i had more time to post but the shop is packed with busted ass 240's. heres a vid 2'nd lap of the day on sat... the next lap the tire killed the cam...

YouTube - willow springs ASB X.avi
Spencer dougherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:18 AM   #888
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
All Star Bash X video by Hero Productions is finally done. Just a montage of hella drifting, nothing too major, but pretty sick.

or for you laziez
Video here:
All Star Bash X on Vimeo

all watch it at home were i can just fap to it...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:59 AM   #889
Flybert
Post Whore!

Nate posted his video.

asbxxx on Vimeo

And Mark posted his as well.

2010 Just Drift "All Star Bash X" With Benson Hsu on Vimeo
Old 07-16-2010, 11:32 AM   #890
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
vvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vvtisupra
Quote:

or for you laziez
Video here:
All Star Bash X on Vimeo

Thanks for the video I really enjoyed it.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:39 PM   #891
barngarage

Trader Rating: (0)
barngarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HI Everybody this is me. I'm Josh.

barngarage is offline   Reply With Quote