Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2020, 06:52 AM   #3631
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.nismo. View Post
I guess this is where I'll hop into this cluster fuck thread.

This statement is on point. Galaxy note 20 ultra. Absolutely love it. I'm too lazy to scroll all the way back up to quote, but I've been on android since the s8+ without any issues. [emoji2371]
Do you think the Biden admin will do anything about relieving sanctions on Huawei? I legitimately wanted the P40, but that "no Google services" thing was a dealbreaker. I went with the last update P30 for now. After buying the wife person a OnePlus for Christmas (don't tell her, she doesn't know I am tired of looking at her half-shattered-ass phone), I am pretty sure I am going for one of those next. Everything I have read online says that OnePlus is not about throttling the shit out of their older models to force people to want newer ones, like to the point people are still using phones from several years ago without any issue.
I like the idea of that, even as a dude who will still get a new phone about every year and a half or so.

And I write too!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2020, 08:54 AM   #3632
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
There's a potential that Huawei sanctions actually increase with a functioning FCC and State Department.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:49 AM   #3633
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
We dont hide behind the flag...we fly it high and with honor. Your people burn it.

Rest of your post is nonsense and not gonna bother to acknowledge it
Your people fight against abortion, rattle sabers for military involvement, cheer when multinational corporations move manufacturing overseas, ask for extensions of the USA-PATRIOT Act, refuse to acknowledge institutional racism, refuse to see that we have more people in prison than anywhere else on Earth, refuse to see that our systems are broken.

We're not ranked first in any scale of wealthiness per capita (3rd place in the world according to Credit Suisse- however over 20 million Americans belong to the bottom quintile of global wealth!), healthiness per capita (we're 35th according to Bloomberg's Healthiest Country Index), education per capita (by UN education index we're 8th, by education level we're 4th) or happiness per capita (we're 19th according to the UN).

Maybe the reason why more people don't fly our flag high is because nationalism has always been the crutch of the stupid and ill-informed, the bullies and tyrants. Patriotism =/= nationalism, and nationalism =/= patriotism. Nationalism is, by definition, xenophobic. It creates and breeds an unwillingness to want to make one's country better by espousing and entrenching the idea that one's country is already the greatest.

Those of us who love this country but don't need to show it aren't somehow less than. We're equal to and often greater than. The difference between conservative and progressive isn't right and wrong, it's that one side wants to stay stalwart and the other wants to move forward. We are in a moving world, and we've royally fucked up some aspects of our society. We must not stand idly by while the world continues to pass us, but rather step forward into the role we think the country we love deserves. We will make a better country for all Americans by being willing to change.
Old 11-29-2020, 11:28 AM   #3634
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
^none of what you said gives ANY reason/justified reason to burn the AMERICAN flag.
Old 11-29-2020, 11:31 AM   #3635
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
The first amendment is the only reason I need.
Old 11-29-2020, 11:36 AM   #3636
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I'll add that your right to the dumbass thin blue/red line defaced American flags is anyone else's right to burn a flag. It's all or nothing.
Old 11-29-2020, 12:55 PM   #3637
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Well in that case calln u a cocksucking rigger and i missing seeing yall pick cotton is just fine.....

All or nothing
Old 11-29-2020, 01:51 PM   #3638
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Do you think the Biden admin will do anything about relieving sanctions on Huawei? I legitimately wanted the P40, but that "no Google services" thing was a dealbreaker. I went with the last update P30 for now. After buying the wife person a OnePlus for Christmas (don't tell her, she doesn't know I am tired of looking at her half-shattered-ass phone), I am pretty sure I am going for one of those next. Everything I have read online says that OnePlus is not about throttling the shit out of their older models to force people to want newer ones, like to the point people are still using phones from several years ago without any issue.
I like the idea of that, even as a dude who will still get a new phone about every year and a half or so.

Quote:
There's a potential that Huawei sanctions actually increase with a functioning FCC and State Department.
I think in general a Biden admin will take sanctions off, and open up free trade ( NAFTA). But kingkilburn is right. Since the FCC is still headed by Agit Pai, that's not changing. Unless if he's fired of course. I have quite few buddies that went one plus and love them. Super nice phone that isn't insanely expensive.

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2020, 02:43 PM   #3639
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I've got a OnePlus 6 and have no complaints. Before this phone I was on a Nexus 6 and a Note 2. Of the larger phones I've had the Nexus was the most comfortable.
Old 11-29-2020, 02:53 PM   #3640
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
A bunch of stupid shit that doesn't make sense.
Go back to wherever you came from.
Old 11-29-2020, 02:56 PM   #3641
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf513 View Post
Go back to wherever you came from.
But but but muh freeeeedoms
Old 11-29-2020, 03:02 PM   #3642
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Your people fight against abortion, rattle sabers for military involvement, cheer when multinational corporations move manufacturing overseas, ask for extensions of the USA-PATRIOT Act, refuse to acknowledge institutional racism, refuse to see that we have more people in prison than anywhere else on Earth, refuse to see that our systems are broken.
You're talking about the extreme right on some of that dude. Anyone could come right back about how rediculous the far left are. The abortion argument is pointless to argue because generally (afaik) it's tied to people's religion. Threatening of military involvement? Sure. You're forgetting the part though where Trump has actually pulled troops out of the middle east, and hasn't started a war..
Cheering for manufacturing over seas? I guess you also forgot when Trump gave corporations a one time tax cut (chance) to bring assets back into the United States. The tariffs on China are killing two birds with one stone. One of the birds being to incentivise manufacturing in the US to not pay a huge tariff. Obviously there's a shit ton of goods still imported, but you cant blame that on the right. That's a supply/demand problem where the consumer (left/right/center) is still willing to pay. I don't like the idea of anyone in my personal shit either, but the Patriot Act has stopped plots of terrorism. Please explain to me what policies we have that are institutionally racist? We do have a massive prison population. Half a million are drug related offenses which most other countries are much more laxed than the US.

Systems being broken? Maybe some. It's definitely not perfect. No system is. At least in this one you have rights and freedoms. [emoji2371]

Quote:

We're not ranked first in any scale of wealthiness per capita (3rd place in the world according to Credit Suisse- however over 20 million Americans belong to the bottom quintile of global wealth!), healthiness per capita (we're 35th according to Bloomberg's Healthiest Country Index), education per capita (by UN education index we're 8th, by education level we're 4th) or happiness per capita (we're 19th according to the UN).

Maybe the reason why more people don't fly our flag high is because nationalism has always been the crutch of the stupid and ill-informed, the bullies and tyrants. Patriotism =/= nationalism, and nationalism =/= patriotism. Nationalism is, by definition, xenophobic. It creates and breeds an unwillingness to want to make one's country better by espousing and entrenching the idea that one's country is already the greatest.

Those of us who love this country but don't need to show it aren't somehow less than. We're equal to and often greater than. The difference between conservative and progressive isn't right and wrong, it's that one side wants to stay stalwart and the other wants to move forward. We are in a moving world, and we've royally fucked up some aspects of our society. We must not stand idly by while the world continues to pass us, but rather step forward into the role we think the country we love deserves. We will make a better country for all Americans by being willing to change.
I agree with some of this. You want to say that 20 million Americans are in the bottom of global wealth. I want to say personnel choices have a lot of influence on it. Sure not every situation is the same. However, when I see someone that has a brand new iphone/air pods with their kid in line to get food, then pull out an EBT card (for non Californians it's our state assistance money on a debit card) to pay... That's a fucking problem, and one that I see a LOT. This is where I agree on some of our systems being broken. Our health is because we have this thing called the American diet. When you can go to McDonald's and get enough food to feed 4 people for like 20$ and not have to prepare/clean up anything, it's also going to be a problem. Our education system is rediculous. There's so much you need to learn for the real world that you don't get from schooling. Our higher education is stupid too in regard to loans for it. Patriotism and nationalism differ in the want for power, yes, but saying that you're "greater" than some others that parade our flag is kind of rediculous. When It's okay to fly a BLM flag, but not our nation's? That's bullshit. Also, your progressive vs conservative statement.. You said it's not a right vs wrong, then immediately contradict yourself saying one is stalwart and the other wants to improve/move forward. Conservative views don't mean there isn't room for change/improvement, it's just not the exact change you're thinking of.

//Fuck that was a lot to unpack.

Old 11-29-2020, 03:03 PM   #3643
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
You're talking about the extreme right on some of that dude. Anyone could come right back about how rediculous the far left are. The abortion argument is pointless to argue because generally (afaik) it's tied to people's religion. Threatening of military involvement? Sure. You're forgetting the part though where Trump has actually pulled troops out of the middle east, and hasn't started a war..
Cheering for manufacturing over seas? I guess you also forgot when Trump gave corporations a one time tax cut (chance) to bring assets back into the United States. The tariffs on China are killing two birds with one stone. One of the birds being to incentivise manufacturing in the US to not pay a huge tariff. Obviously there's a shit ton of goods still imported, but you cant blame that on the right. That's a supply/demand problem where the consumer (left/right/center) is still willing to pay. I don't like the idea of anyone in my personal shit either, but the Patriot Act has stopped plots of terrorism. Please explain to me what policies we have that are institutionally racist? We do have a massive prison population. Half a million are drug related offenses which most other countries are much more laxed than the US.

Systems being broken? Maybe some. It's definitely not perfect. No system is. At least in this one you have rights and freedoms. [emoji2371]

I agree with some of this. You want to say that 20 million Americans are in the bottom of global wealth. I want to say personnel choices have a lot of influence on it. Sure not every situation is the same. However, when I see someone that has a brand new iphone/air pods with their kid in line to get food, then pull out an EBT card (for non Californians it's our state assistance money on a debit card) to pay... That's a fucking problem, and one that I see a LOT. This is where I agree on some of our systems being broken. Our health is because we have this thing called the American diet. When you can go to McDonald's and get enough food to feed 4 people for like 20$ and not have to prepare/clean up anything, it's also going to be a problem. Our education system is rediculous. There's so much you need to learn for the real world that you don't get from schooling. Our higher education is stupid too in regard to loans for it. Patriotism and nationalism differ in the want for power, yes, but saying that you're "greater" than some others that parade our flag is kind of rediculous. When It's okay to fly a BLM flag, but not our nation's? That's bullshit. Also, your progressive vs conservative statement.. You said it's not a right vs wrong, then immediately contradict yourself saying one is stalwart and the other wants to improve/move forward. Conservative views don't mean there isn't room for change/improvement, it's just not the exact change you're thinking of.

//Fuck that was a lot to unpack.

Kiss your rep goodbye lol
Old 11-29-2020, 03:07 PM   #3644
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
^none of what you said gives ANY reason/justified reason to burn the AMERICAN flag.
Quote:
You definitely have every right to burn the flag, but fuck you if you do :-)
Quote:
I'll add that your right to the dumbass thin blue/red line defaced American flags is anyone else's right to burn a flag. It's all or nothing.
As much as I see differences in the two actions, this legally correct.

Old 11-29-2020, 03:12 PM   #3645
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Kiss your rep goodbye lol
If I get repped down for disagreeing with someone, then it only supports the narrative of left wing people saying their way is only way. Im totally open for debate (as it should be). I'm not a far right nut (right leaning libertarian). I'll play devil's advocate on both ends of the spectrum though. There's a lot of hypocrisy on both ends, and at the end of the day like every side says, nothings perfect.

Old 11-29-2020, 03:18 PM   #3646
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
If I get repped down for disagreeing with someone, then it only supports the narrative of left wing people saying their way is only way. Im totally open for debate (as it should be). I'm not a far right nut (right leaning libertarian). I'll play devil's advocate on both ends of the spectrum though. There's a lot of hypocrisy on both ends, and at the end of the day like every side says, nothings perfect.
Don't mind him. He will never understand WHY he got buried in red squares. It has more to do with how what was said got said than the actual act of disagreement. He is also flirting with a period of time off of the forum, S14rebuild is not a role model here.

And I write too!
Old 11-29-2020, 03:29 PM   #3647
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Don't mind him. He will never understand WHY he got buried in red squares. It has more to do with how what was said got said than the actual act of disagreement. He is also flirting with a period of time off of the forum, S14rebuild is not a role model here.
Hey, i left before but im planning on staying forever. Just too much fun here!
Old 11-29-2020, 03:34 PM   #3648
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:

Doesnt work like that....in here its ANYTHING but trump
Old 11-29-2020, 03:56 PM   #3649
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

No one posting neg repped you for being conservative. You got repped for being an insufferable racist asshole. While you don't have to be one to be the other there's definitely a pattern.
Old 11-29-2020, 04:01 PM   #3650
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
No one posting neg repped you for being conservative.
Your wrong.... dont speak for everyone.
Old 11-29-2020, 04:13 PM   #3651
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Your wrong.... dont speak for everyone.
No, you're wrong. I scroll through the rep comments every week to make sure people aren't dickering around and creating "rep clubs" like they did in the first iteration of the rep system.
The negative rep that has been given is consistently more for what people are saying, not because they believe a certain way. You don't have to believe me, and I don't have to care whether you do or not.

And I write too!
Old 11-29-2020, 04:18 PM   #3652
S14rebuild
BANNED

Was speaking for my own..

We know how u think of me philp...wouldnt expect you to come to bat for me
Old 11-29-2020, 05:23 PM   #3653
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Was speaking for my own..
And you'd still be wrong

And I write too!
Old 11-29-2020, 05:45 PM   #3654
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
And you'd still be wrong
Negative foxtrot.....

If u think ALL of the negative rep i recived is justified, you too are just as flawed as the system is.

But like i said ill wear the red rep with honor. Know that its doing was because of you PHLIP!. so for that i guess i should say thank you.

Btw i thought we were friends, still waitn for ur happy bday text.....
Old 11-29-2020, 05:58 PM   #3655
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
If u think ALL of the negative rep i recived is justified, you too are just as flawed as the system is.
I don't speak to justification, as I cannot possibly know what is going through the mind of who is repping a post. I speak to whether it is a rep given on the merits of the post and not just people following others around the forum to rep their buddies, or their "buddies," as it were.
Don't put words in my mouth.
Quote:
Btw i thought we were friends, still waitn for ur happy bday text.....
We are not friends.
My friends on this forum have been to my house. Or I have been to theirs. Or we met in Vegas and spent the best weekend of my life. Or their kids call me "uncle.
All of these things are true of people on this forum -- in this thread even -- but not you.

And I write too!
Old 11-29-2020, 06:05 PM   #3656
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
I don't speak to justification, as I cannot possibly know what is going through the mind of who is repping a post. I speak to whether it is a rep given on the merits of the post and not just people following others around the forum to rep their buddies, or their "buddies," as it were.
Don't put words in my mouth.

We are not friends.
My friends on this forum have been to my house. Or I have been to theirs. Or we met in Vegas and spent the best weekend of my life. Or their kids call me "uncle.
All of these things are true of people on this forum -- in this thread even -- but not you.

This guy voted for trump. 100%
Old 11-29-2020, 06:14 PM   #3657
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
You were neg repped because we're vindictive freaks that chop our own wee-wees off.
Why are you such a racist asshole?
Old 11-29-2020, 06:14 PM   #3658
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
This guy voted for trump. 100%
This is the part where I negative rep you and prove a point that that you have failed to thus far, isn't it?
Nice try though. Piss off

And I write too!
Old 11-29-2020, 06:16 PM   #3659
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
This is the part where I negative rep you and prove a point that that you have failed to thus far, isn't it?
Nice try though. Piss off
Tic-tacs for my bday?!?! So thoughtful!! Thanks bestie
Old 11-29-2020, 06:17 PM   #3660
S14rebuild
BANNED

Ohhh nooooo grandpa fell!
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/29/polit...kle/index.html
Closed Thread