Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:47 AM   #391
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
1,500 dollars for 180sx seats, this stuff is getting dumb.

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=665362
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2019, 07:10 AM   #392
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^^^^ wrong thread perhaps???
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:50 AM   #393
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Time for some Japanese car intermission

The good deals are out there
My friend just picked up this very clean in Fl, R32 RWD for ~7k

the frame rails and pinch are gorgeous too

when he got it was filthy

Hes got an RB25 on the stand for it and a powerglide in the works, copying some Australian build I heard
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 08:44 AM   #394
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
update: Slow_sr20 pm'd me a link to some dank Bomex skirts, when i first checked the tracking it said ETA was the 15th before I went to bed it said the 10th I woke up and it said it would be here today! Now I will have 100% authentic aero and can scrap my replica Bomex skirts (or modify and spray with the rest of the car). Not grumpy about this but I guess I haven't gotten em yet, hopefully they arrive intact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
I got some stuff for you, fam.

Stancenation guy just posted about how he's got a ton of ideas on how to rice out his hatch. This of course comes after all the 'inspirational posts' about how much he loves the S13 in OEM form. Need dat clout.

CA just passed a law that smacks you with an instant fine for having an aftermarket muffler (whereas it was a ref ticket before) and people are mad. The video of a cop giving a ticket to someone is on IG. He essentially attributes the crackdown to the street racing and highway takeovers.

I keep having to block 'JDM vehicle importers' on IG. The comments are fucking terrible and full of nut-swingers. What's worse is that the ads are normally incorrect...like the model and trim level are incorrect. It all goes to show you that no one importing cars is passionate about this shit. They can't even be bothered to get the ad right. I think it was Abautomotive or something in FL selling an S14 K's for like $15k. That's S15 SpecR money.

DISCUSS
Idk, I appreciate stock body cars as well as more aggressive builds when done tastefully. My personal style usually falls somewhere inbetween, as get less aggressive as I get older. He has multiple S-chassis so I don't see why he couldn't have one modest one and one wild one. This isn't a subject I have much vested interest in, but you said discuss so

CA is a pretty cool state but there is definitely some funky legislation that goes down there, which I think every state has in one way or another. I find it the be extremely prejudicial and lame but it is what it is. In some aspects I can understand the need to take care of some issues, but the way they went about is stupid. I guess that's government for ya. As far as the fines go, i'm pretty sure there is a way to waive or reduce the fines if you fall within a certain income bracket.

Idk who keeps giving these idiot importers money. Just the other day I saw some fiasco about a midwest importer having his r34 "stolen", turns out his investor went and cleaned up shop. Dude was decieving his investor on numerous levels and got shafted. I hear a lot of importer drama and it's always sad. I wish someone would throw me 6 figures and see what would come out of it. But i'm mostly self made, meh meh. I wanted to get into importing cars from JP but it doesn't make much sense to import cars sight unseen and wait 2 months for them to get here and spend another 2 months repairing them and prepping for sale...then however long it takes to sell.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:44 PM   #395
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
1,500 dollars for 180sx seats, this stuff is getting dumb.

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=665362
It's up to you to call out on bullshit pricing, but then again, seller location in BKK Thailand, so it may come with side of HIV's and AID's if you are lucky.

I do notice anything S-chassis and R-chassis related parts being sold out of Thailand have incredibly high pricing on forums AND on eBay.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:21 AM   #396
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
its the shipping costs due to large packaging size... ive seen S13 kouki seats all over YAJ for a few hundred bucks. its just getting them stateside thats a bitch if you dont have an importer who uses containers to ship.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:59 AM   #397
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-ass View Post
seller location in BKK Thailand, so it may come with side of HIV's and AID's if you are lucky.
Call me a grumpy asshole but that's a pretty racist thing to say.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:18 AM   #398
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearlessj View Post
Call me a grumpy asshole but that's a pretty racist thing to say.
You wouldn't be saying that if you ever been there. Then again I wish that country would buck up and control all the damn red-light districts, it's just straight up disgusting and you'd understand why I said what I said.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:37 AM   #399
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-ass View Post
It's up to you to call out on bullshit pricing, but then again, seller location in BKK Thailand, so it may come with side of HIV's and AID's if you are lucky.

I do notice anything S-chassis and R-chassis related parts being sold out of Thailand have incredibly high pricing on forums AND on eBay.
Pricing on R-Chassis stuff is out of control, people are asking 30k+ for bone stock series 1 BNR32s. I swear the GTR crowd is worse than the 240sx groups now, jerking each other off about vinyl "skyline" inlays on their rear bumpers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
its the shipping costs due to large packaging size... ive seen S13 kouki seats all over YAJ for a few hundred bucks. its just getting them stateside thats a bitch if you dont have an importer who uses containers to ship.
I get that he's out of Thailand but it seems Kris is always high on his valuation of his parts, not to mention he's not all that pleasant to deal with.
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:04 AM   #400
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I heard they have some pretty convincing looking lady boys over in Thailand. Whats better than anal and common sense?
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:40 AM   #401
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
Bought a set of wheels and front and rear set of cusco strut braces off of YAJ.

Ended up being roughly double what I won it for after broker fees and shipping through streeter.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:17 AM   #402
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
So all of the old grumpy people on Silvia are grumpy because of expensive used/jdm parts?
Old 01-10-2019, 11:23 AM   #403
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Juucso is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
I heard they have some pretty convincing looking lady boys over in Thailand. Whats better than anal and common sense?
Golden shower by shemale
Old 01-10-2019, 11:58 AM   #404
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
Ended up being roughly double what I won it for after broker fees and shipping through streeter.

i dont know why you guys insist on using him... just sign up for a damn buyee account on YAJ. outside of front bumpers and side skirts i import (of which i have an importer ive been using for years bring my large items over), i ship everything via buyee. my advans ran me a whole $400 shipped to my door in 4 days with buyee using EMS. a set of valances costs me a whopping $65 to my door. everything is repackaged by buyee and they do a DAMN good job at packing things too.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:29 PM   #405
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Streeter is good with packaging, I use him when buyee won’t let me buy because of a risky seller.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:52 PM   #406
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
this thread took a weird turn.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 03:25 PM   #407
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Has anyone fought yet?
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:45 AM   #408
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

Glad its not just me who noticed where this went...
Old 01-11-2019, 09:33 AM   #409
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Howdy all!

I'm an assholes, old school and grumpy most days!

JDM is pretty much dead for me. I had long hoped that cheap imports would revigerate my. love and interest... But then I see $16k GTS-Ts, $35,000 GTRs and $25,000 FD3S' and I'm all "naw fam, I'm good".

Hmm junked out RB20 R32... or C5 Corvette...

Hmmmm

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:38 AM   #410
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

Ha! I thought you might've died ^^
Old 01-11-2019, 10:43 AM   #411
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post

I see $16k GTS-Ts, $35,000 GTRs and $25,000 FD3S' and I'm all "naw fam, I'm good".

Hmm junked out RB20 R32... or C5 Corvette...

Hmmmm

Hey “asshole”

Are you comparing the two properly?
Are we talking a junked out R32 from “T-mac” who is the second US owner or a grade F R32 from an importer?
Legit 25 year old Jdm imports coming through an importer will not cost the same as buying one used IN JAPAN. It doesn’t come over for free.

I agree that there are better ways overall to spend 20 grand, an r32 or a c5 is not a sound investment of your money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:23 AM   #412
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

At least he's talking Corvette's instead of mustang's tho
Old 01-11-2019, 11:26 AM   #413
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
Hey “asshole”

Are you comparing the two properly?
Are we talking a junked out R32 from “T-mac” who is the second US owner or a grade F R32 from an importer?
Legit 25 year old Jdm imports coming through an importer will not cost the same as buying one used IN JAPAN. It doesn’t come over for free.

I agree that there are better ways overall to spend 20 grand, an r32 or a c5 is not a sound investment of your money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10 years ago you could get a GTR for $15k.

Shit got expensive and even older and more beat up is all I'm saying. All the while there are some amazing new cars out there. Hell you can get a SCAT Charger or Challenger for under $30k. Gt86's are dirt cheap, 350Zs for $5k...

You have to REALY WANT a JDM car to be porking $20-30k cash for one. Shit, 15 years ago you could buy a domestic FDS3 for $20k.

Old 01-11-2019, 11:50 AM   #414
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
I'm out of the jdm game, going back to what I know. Old American iron. Bought my grandfather's el camino last spring after selling my s14. I'm having more fun wrenching on the mullet of cars. It's ugly and I love it.

lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 01:01 PM   #415
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
I'm out of the jdm game, going back to what I know. Old American iron. Bought my grandfather's el camino last spring after selling my s14. I'm having more fun wrenching on the mullet of cars. It's ugly and I love it.
LS Swap it
Old 01-11-2019, 01:37 PM   #416
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
When the 350 gives up the ghost, I might just do that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2019, 02:29 PM   #417
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
When the 350 gives up the ghost, I might just do that.

LQ9 + turbo

Old 01-11-2019, 02:52 PM   #418
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Dont want to go to crazy with it. Every rpo and body code point to this thing being pretty rare.

Old 01-11-2019, 10:12 PM   #419
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Update for those who care (none of yall): Those sideskirts came in within 24hrs of ordering them and were in decent enough shape. Car is going into paint tomorrow. I haven't told many people the paint color, but i'll tell y'all this: OEM Nissan color, very rare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
10 years ago you could get a GTR for $15k.

Shit got expensive and even older and more beat up is all I'm saying. All the while there are some amazing new cars out there. Hell you can get a SCAT Charger or Challenger for under $30k. Gt86's are dirt cheap, 350Zs for $5k...

You have to REALY WANT a JDM car to be porking $20-30k cash for one. Shit, 15 years ago you could buy a domestic FDS3 for $20k.

Pretty much all car values went up though. Even beaters. 1. inflation 2. new car values are rising which causes used ones to rise as well.

Z's were lowering in value then started holding steady, and honestly all the bottom barrel Z's around me are going up in value cause cheap kids bought them and well, they got it for $3k + $1k in oil changes and cam sensors = $3500 firm 2 years later when they sell it.

You can lease a hellcat for $2k down, $600/mo. I thought that's pretty tempting.

Last edited by Farzam; 01-12-2019 at 12:29 PM..
Farzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:25 AM   #420
Farzam
Post Whore!

Stuff i'm grumpy about.

I posted up a set of wheels for sale on some fb groups tonight. They were off my mom's car, so I'm not even making anything. I've had over a dozen morons ask me if they'll fit their car, or ask what cars they will fit. Or assuming they fit their car until I see a picture/I ask what they drive. Then the lowballers, but that part doesn't bug me. How do you not know your bolt pattern, or at least know how to google it? I'm just some stranger on the internet, what if I just say they fit and play you? Lol

Also-- a lot of zilvians give off the vibe that they got picked on too much in school. I don't get why people have to act pretentious. Social skills are really easy to develop if you try. At the end of the day we're all a bunch of nerds driving hair dresser cars.

Last edited by Farzam; 01-12-2019 at 12:30 PM..
Farzam is offline   Reply With Quote